Welcome to Gaia! ::

Agree?

yes. 0.34810126582278 34.8% [ 55 ]
I'm tired of these muther f*****' dishes in this muther f*****' sink! 0.65189873417722 65.2% [ 103 ]
Total Votes:[ 158 ]
1 2 >

ANOTHER EDIT- I. AM. NOT. IN. AMERICA. THEREFORE. I. CAN'T. DONATE? that clear? good.

I am here today, to protest AGAINST-

SEALED ENVELOPE INFLATION

I know there are many thread complaining about this and i FULLY understand that these items belong to their owners and can besold for whatever price desired by the owner. But I still think it's wrong for people who CAN'T donate to be forced to pay up to 12k for sealed envelopes.

SO, starting september, I am campaining to BRING down the price of sealed envelopes to at least 7k. That seems a reasonable price, right?

HOW TO CAMPAIN
It's simple really. Just DON'T BUY AN ENVELOPE. If a substantial amount of envelopes for september are NOT bought, then surely the sellers will consider lowering their prices just a LITTLE? yes, just a little, but it's a start.

I suggest we do this EVERY month until the sellers bring down their prices.

Please consider joining.Thank You.

~Ramek~

EDIT: Oh dear...this belongs in the GCP don't it? well, one of the mods will surely be helpful enough to move it for me...i hope.
Campaingers-
1.Ramek
2.Zel Pirate
you spelled Campaign wrong... it should be in GCP, and I don't think you will have much luck... but I applaud you for trying...
This won't work. What will work is getting of your high horse and sending Gaia some money. There, problem solved, Gaia gets a little funds, you can sell for less, everyone wins.
Lord Observer
This won't work. What will work is getting of your high horse and sending Gaia some money. There, problem solved, Gaia gets a little funds, you can sell for less, everyone wins.
I CAN'T. that would be the onviousthing to do if I could, but I'm not American as most deluded fools assume.
Im going to kee pall my envilopes that I get and not sell and If I do sell its always lowest in the market...Literally
Count me in bro..
The opposite of what you are doing should be done.
what you should to do is get alot of people to donate and get an s**t load of sealeds.
Then make all of those people sell them for a cheap price.
[Ramek]
Lord Observer
I CAN'T. that would be the onviousthing to do if I could, but I'm not American as most deluded fools assume.
People from all over donate.. Just mail it.. or use paypal.
You don't have to be an american to donate. sweatdrop
You need to get creative.
Guess what. Your Making a fool of yourself.

You CAN donate through the post, just get money exchanged then send it to America.

Plus You can donate using a debit card or credit card. Which you get at the age of 16. Or use your parents.

Campaigning to not Buy letters is stupid. By people not buying the letters. Then less letters will be baught meaning they will sell for EVEN more!
There will be more demand than produce, meaning the artifical inflators will make thousands more gold.

All in all. It's a stupid Idea. And one that has no subsidance or intelegance.

Pandilicious's Husbando

Invisible Member

39,410 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Winged 100

last month, my friend was able to buy about 52 letters for less than 10k. Alot of them she got for somewhere between 5 and 8.5k

it's not impossible to get cheap letters you just have to be patient and tell people how much you're willing to pay for them.

and like it's been pointed out, you should specify which "not buying" you mean.

if you mean "don't donate to get letters", that won't work. if you mean "don't purchase letters from other users" you probably won't get a big enough following to really make a dent in any sort of inflation. Good luck though.
User Image

Amorous Fatcat

6,250 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Love Machine 150
  • Object of Affection 150
I'm english. I can donate by post or paypal if I want to. Anybody can donate.
This won't work. Do you know why it won't?

Because if sellers cannot sell their envelopes durring the month, they WON'T lower the prices to get someone to buy it. They'll hold it in reserve for a few months, when no one is able to donate to get that particular envelope, and sell it for even more then. The longer it's been, the higher people are willing to pay for it. That's the way Gaia economy works, and it's the way that it always has worked. What you could do INSTEAD is to petition Gaia for some way to donate in your country, so you could get the items for donating and help the site out even more. Surely that would be a more logical way to go about things?
I've accepted paypal payments from non-USA countries, said countries being the U.K., Italy, and Canada. I'm guessing this is done via credit and debit/cheque cards, but they could very well accept foreign bank accounts now; I don't know.* Please check the details before campaigning; you may very well be able to donate to Gaia.

The only thing they would have to do is go in an manually click the "accept" button on foreign payments; a very little effort for anyone wanting money. Either that, or have it set so all foreign payments are auto-accepted.

And yes, I read your post.

*I'm guessing that they do. I had a job based in the UK, the pay was sent via Paypal. It would be ineffecient to pay workers using a buisness credit card.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff