You'll figure it out, Spazz~

Magical Girl

20,175 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Object of Affection 150
User Image

I'm like... legit shaking right now.
We nearly got in a pretty bad wreck on our way into Pittsburgh tonight.
Out of nowhere it started raining, but it's freezing rain and the ground is slippery.
Gabe tried slowing down at this curve, but the car started going faster since it was downhill. We basically went down the hill sideways because he couldn't get the car to straighten out.
My heart is pounding so fast, omg...
There were some cars around us, but they managed to move around us so luckily we didn't hit anyone or anything.

User Image
User Image
Glad you two are okay Renia

Magical Girl

20,175 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
User Image

Thanks (also thank you for the congrats in my quest thread).
I always think worst case scenario when I'm in a car. If I'm driving or not driving, I just always picture myself getting in an accident.
I guess even though I thought I got over my fear of driving in order to get my license, the fear hasn't really left me at all...

User Image
User Image
Rainbowrific Renia
User Image

Thanks (also thank you for the congrats in my quest thread).
I always think worst case scenario when I'm in a car. If I'm driving or not driving, I just always picture myself getting in an accident.
I guess even though I thought I got over my fear of driving in order to get my license, the fear hasn't really left me at all...

User Image
User Image

Symapthies I was in a bad car accident before I even learned how to drive.

Magical Girl

20,175 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
-ProcrastinatingSpazz-

User Image

My step-dad joked about not being happy that Gabe didn't ask him permission first, but he said he forgave him since he actually got down on one knee and asked me to marry him.
I guess guys don't really do that anymore? I dunno. Either way, my whole family was like super impressed with Gabe for that.

I think the asking for permission thing may be a bit outdated, though. Especially if you're already living with your significant other.
I guess back in the day when couples didn't move in together until they were married, it made sense, but times have changed. At least that's how I look at it.

I actually know someone who did two receptions instead of a big wedding. They had one in Arizona and then one in Ohio.
I think that's a neat idea, considering your families aren't in the same place.

User Image
User Image

Magical Girl

20,175 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
GLJordan

User Image

Yeah, I think bad experiences have a lot to do with it.
I was in an accident when I was really little, but what scared me most was actually the wreck my great-aunt was involved in when I was a senior in high school.
Apparently this guy had a seizure while driving (and we later learned that he shouldn't have been allowed to drive) and he slammed into the car my great-aunt was in (her co-worker was driving) sending the car flipping in the air and landing about 50 ft away. She died in that accident and it's seriously had me torn up ever since.

User Image
User Image

Beloved Beau

omg I'm so sorry, love!
all the sads right now ... sad

Tadalicious's Waifu

Adorable Shapeshifter

╔═⋆═♕═✣═✷═⋆═*═⋆═✷═✣═✩═✣═✷═⋆═*═⋆═✷═✣═♕═✣═✷═⋆═*═⋆═✷═✣═✩═✣═✷═⋆═*═⋆═✷═✣═♕═⋆═╗

sorry about hearing about the accident renia hun
but glad you's are okay -hugs-

╚═⋆═♕═✣═✷═⋆═*═⋆═✷═✣═✩═✣═✷═⋆═*═⋆═✷═✣═♕═✣═✷═⋆═*═⋆═✷═✣═✩═✣═✷═⋆═*═⋆═✷═✣═♕═⋆═╝

Magical Girl

20,175 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
User Image

Thanks, you guys.
I'm just glad that it wasn't really an accident. Ugh, I can't believe this weather.
I didn't see anything about freezing rain or snow or anything, just that it would be cold for the next few days.
...and winter continues to be the worst season. emotion_facepalm

Anyway...

I got a Golden Magical Giftbox from the Daily Chance and now I'm mad.
Why even give that chance of getting a crappy item from things like giftboxes and trunks? Seriously Gaia, more often than not, you get items worth not even 100g from those things.
At least make the item inside something that's worth 5k.

User Image
User Image

In a relationship with her husband

Spoopy Elder

Rainbowrific Renia

It's definitely outdated. Just an old tradition some people don't want to let go of. Chris pretty much ignores anything remotely to do with a tradition, so it's against his personal beliefs to do stuff like that and so he won't do it. He doesn't want or intend to be rude or mean about it. It's just what he thinks about it all.

And my mom's stressing me out. I wish she would've said she wasn't okay with the no wedding idea on the phone instead of sending me a private Facebook message about it afterwards. But Chris says he's willing to put on a small ceremony for their benefit, as long as it's pretty much literally free. Like in someone's house. With just our parents and grandparents and my siblings. And that'd be it before we go over to the reception with everyone else. So that way it'll be hassle free and we don't have to worry about reserving a place years in advance, since June is the busiest month and all that.

We're also doing the actual sign-the-papers legal marriage before October so we can apply to JET as a married couple, so my mom might want to fly up for that as well, it seems. She wants to be there for the actual marriage, not just the show part, which I do understand. But we were just going to go to the court house and do it, with nothing fancy at all. Maybe if they join we'll go out to eat after or something. Invite Chris's parents so they can meet.

I'm rambling because I hate thinking about this. orz

I'm so glad you escaped that near accident though! Be careful. ; u;User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Magical Girl

20,175 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
-ProcrastinatingSpazz-

User Image

Yeah, Gabe said he hadn't even thought of the whole "asking permission" thing. Luckily, as I said, my step-dad was just joking. Like... I'm 100% sure he never asked my grandfather for permission to marry my mom, anyway.
rofl

I hope that your plans work out for you and that your family won't make things harder for the two of you. As I said before, I really like the idea of two receptions and no actual wedding ceremony. Plus that saves a lot of money.

Oh, and on an unrelated note (sort of) Gabe thinks now, more than ever, that he has a good shot at getting a job here in Pittsburgh. He met with the Chief of Planning yesterday, someone he hadn't even met during his 4 years working here before, and they got along really well. First he commented on the fact that Gabe was wearing a tie, and I guess he made some joke about younger men these days having no idea just how professional a tie makes them look. He was even impressed that Gabe was able to tie a tie with no help. xD I think that's hilarious. But yeah, this guy really seems to want to keep Gabe around and they went into detail about him possibly moving back up here. Then, while we were at dinner last night, my best friend mentioned that her boyfriend is looking for a job here in the city, so that they can move in together. And my other best friend's fiance (who happens to be one of Gabe's best friends) just got hired at a company right outside of the city, so last night we were all talking about the possibility of looking for places to live in the same neighborhood.
That would be a dream come true!
emotion_kirakira
Plus, living in the same state as pretty much everyone involved in my wedding will make planning the thing a whole lot easier.

Now that I've typed all of that, I remember what I wanted to ask you: What exactly is JET?

User Image
User Image

Paul-19's Fangirl

Smitten Fairy

33,800 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Attending the Ball 25
Chris (yesh my guy named Chris too) didn't even ask my dad. I didn't even tell him. He hasn't the slightest idea of whats going on. (Only one in the family who doesn't) Since he is the air force and we Don't know how long or when his first leave is I'm thinking about flying out to see him and we get married in a court house out in Tx where he is. And at some point having a ceremony for our families.

And Renia Im glad you ok and that is wasn't really an accident. heart We do not need to lose another beloved member of our spirit week family.

//goes back to lurking.

Paul-19's Fangirl

Smitten Fairy

33,800 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Attending the Ball 25
GLJordan

Gaia says its your birthday if this ish true happy happy birthday form me to you. smile

Magical Girl

20,175 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
Izzy Said Rawr

User Image

That sounds like a good plan for you and your fiance.
3nodding
Any particular reason that your dad doesn't know? If it's personal, you don't have to tell me, I'm just curious.

User Image
User Image

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas