brown 0.020134228187919 2.0% [ 27 ]
Total Votes:[ 1341 ]

Gracious Gekko

9,800 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
i have a fairy by my side
so, I'm seriously considering doing this BSc major that's like a business/marketing sort of thing. The program's art-related (and at an art school so I'd be able to take some art classes), but it wouldn't be what I always thought I'd end up doing. Idk, on one hand I really want a career where I feel like I could actually have a job, but I don't like feeling as if I'm giving up on my dreams. Or am I just clinging to a dream that think I should want because I did for so long? xn x maybe something different would be good?

aaaah, but what if it turns out horribly? it involves talking to people and being in charge of things and oh god what if i cant take the pressure?! gonk

why dont i have a time machine to double-check all my life decisions wiiiiiith??? ;n ;

[/indecisive venting]

My only advice is do what you really want to. I know the fear of unemployment is scary, but if you work hard you dont have to worry because it will be worth it. Unfortunately thats something we art majors have to face almost daily. I know I had to make that decision when I first started college. Now whenever I feel stressed about my art hw, I think "Well at least I'm not having to write a bunch of 10 page papers like I would if had gone with sociology/criminology".

Basically, I say go for whichever one you could see yourself doing for the rest of your life and never regret. If you choose based on your ability to get a job, you might regret it later in life.

Gracious Gekko

9,800 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
So my computer decided to give me mini heart attack this morning. REMINDER TO BACK UP YOUR COMPUTERS.

Also, I had a dream Tom Hiddleston came to be a model for my figure drawing class.

In a relationship with her husband

Spoopy Elder

My novel is backed up so many times. xD

I wish I could remember the dream I was having when my stupid alarm went off. A lot of story ideas come from my dreams and I feel like this was a good one.

Just watched a Foosball championship in the warehouse. Ridiculous.
And I'm trying to get a good keyboard for work since I have to type a lot and theirs hurts my wrist but I'll probably have to suck it up or buy my own.

I'm so tired. I want to go home and watch more Who. Despite the tears. orz

Hygienic Genius

-ProcrastinatingSpaz-

This sounds like the perfect chance for both of you. When do you find out if you get in?

It's store-bought tea in bags, yes. It's so simple to make, and it tastes divine according to my taste buds. My suitemate has tea in a tin can she said was expensive. I'm curious how it tastes. >.<;

Princess Pandamonium

Do want. emotion_dowant

That's good to know. It's probably just some nasty cold like the rest of us. Blegh.

Anxious Nerd

16,550 Points
  • Healer 50
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Kiwiangel9
So my computer decided to give me mini heart attack this morning. REMINDER TO BACK UP YOUR COMPUTERS.

Also, I had a dream Tom Hiddleston came to be a model for my figure drawing class.

i use dropbox for syncing all my work between this computer and my laptop, and if anything ever happens on one of them i can just redownload the program and get everything back quickly

i think you start off with like 2gb, and you can get more if you link a .edu email after signing up

Izzy Derp's Prince

Sparkling Sex Symbol

20,500 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Cool Cat 500
Nariana

Chaos_Bunny

User Image

User Image
──────────────────────────────── • ● • ───

lol!!
sure Bunny!! send me the link!!
here is mine: Burtonesque

@Nari: lol
Nooo!! its not like that...
dont do it If you dont want to....

───• ● •────────────────────────────────

User Image

Spoopy Elder

Nariana

We don't even get to apply until October. Then we won't hear back until January. Then there's an in person interview in Chicago. And then we'd find out for real sometime after that. It's such a long process. orz
If accepted we'd leave for Japan July or August 2014.
We will view it as birthday presents to us, from the government. I will have to remember to change the name on my passport. But I'm still wary of a name change. I really like my last name. xD

Steal some. > >
It's not too pricey depending on where and what you get. adagio.com loves throwing out $5 off coupons it seems. I can give them out too since I'm a member. I think.

Gracious Gekko

9,800 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
Apparently today is the day for computer issues for me. First I couldn't remotely access my files because Firefox views the new Java update as a security risk. When I finally get that to work, it turns out my file I need for my 3d animation hw got corrupted somehow.

emotion_facepalm

I may have to go to school early to get this all sorted out, booooooo

My sister has been having computer issues the past couple days too, according to her astrologist friend, mercury is in retrograde. Whatever that means. But apparently that means things (especially electronics) are going to go wrong a lot more than usual.

EDIT: Apparently it might be a problem with my Maya program itself? I just tried to open a file I KNEW wasn't corrupted since my prof gave it to us to work off of, and it gave me the same error.

EDIT2: Ok, I'm starting to wonder if it might be a problem with the base file we started to work off of. I opened an unrelated file totally fine. Either that or it is getting corrupted somewhere along the remote access process...

Either way, it looks like I am headed to school early.

Gracious Gekko

9,800 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
-ProcrastinatingSpazz-
Nariana

We don't even get to apply until October. Then we won't hear back until January. Then there's an in person interview in Chicago. And then we'd find out for real sometime after that. It's such a long process. orz
If accepted we'd leave for Japan July or August 2014.
We will view it as birthday presents to us, from the government. I will have to remember to change the name on my passport. But I'm still wary of a name change. I really like my last name. xD

Steal some. > >
It's not too pricey depending on where and what you get. adagio.com loves throwing out $5 off coupons it seems. I can give them out too since I'm a member. I think.

I think those $5 only apply to first time buyers? and they only last 24 hours. At least thats what I've heard.

Btw I might totally ask you for one when I buy my older sisters bday present XD I was going to get her Cas and Dean tea.

Malevolent Kitten

22,925 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Nerd 50
Paul-19
Nariana

Chaos_Bunny

User Image

User Image
──────────────────────────────── • ● • ───

lol!!
sure Bunny!! send me the link!!
here is mine: Burtonesque

@Nari: lol
Nooo!! its not like that...
dont do it If you dont want to....

───• ● •────────────────────────────────

User Image

And...liked! Love the disney princesses (snow white and bell especially!)

Spoopy Elder

Kiwiangel9

Just lemme know when and we can try it!
I also saw an option for 10% off if I Facebook shared at the end.
And also on the thanks for ordering page it let me add another tea free. Not a blend though. :c

Hygienic Genius

You guys are really gonna make me try out this tea stuff on the weekend. >.<

Also, stealing is wrong. emotion_donotwant
Borrowing quietly is another thing. emotion_dowant
But I won't do either...

AHHHH, I dun' wanna do this stupid program. I hate this. >.>;;; Dang teacher giving us advanced stuff in a beginner class.

Gracious Gekko

9,800 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
Nariana
You guys are really gonna make me try out this tea stuff on the weekend. >.<

Also, stealing is wrong. emotion_donotwant
Borrowing quietly is another thing. emotion_dowant
But I won't do either...

AHHHH, I dun' wanna do this stupid program. I hate this. >.>;;; Dang teacher giving us advanced stuff in a beginner class.

What class is that?

Anxious Nerd

16,550 Points
  • Healer 50
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Kiwiangel9

do you get maya for free/discounted at your school? i remember hearing about it and the fact that it's really expensive

Gracious Gekko

9,800 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
SheThoughtSheDid
Kiwiangel9

do you get maya for free/discounted at your school? i remember hearing about it and the fact that it's really expensive

You can download a free student version from Autodesk smile aka THE ONLY WAY I COULD EVER GET ALL MY ANIMATION HW DONE

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff