black 0.04399701715138 4.4% [ 59 ]
brown 0.020134228187919 2.0% [ 27 ]
Total Votes:[ 1341 ]

Gracious Gekko

9,800 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
Breaking my hw hiatus because I need to rant and I trust you guys and I just want to cry
so WARNING SAD RANT BELOW

So for christmas I got my dad this really nice Redskins sweatshirt. When I found it, I was like "SCORE!" because it was on sale and it's really hard to find Redskins merch here because they are from the complete other side of the country. But the sale sticker was blocking part of the size without me realizing it. So it was actually a XXL instead of a XL. I got a gift receipt, in case it was too big (since my dad was doing really well on losing weight). But today he brings me to go and return or exchange it, but we can't because 1) it has been over a month since I bought it and 2) apparently they don't let you do returns or exchanges on sale items. If I had realized that, I would have paid more attention to the size. And it wasn't like they had a bunch of different sizes of that style, it was just the one. So we couldn't just exchange it for a different size. Apparently it was on sale because they were trying to get rid of it.

So now my dad is pissed because he has a sweatshirt thats too big and he is complaining about it right in front of me. And I'm upset because I spent $60 on a nice sweatshirt that he can't wear and I know I ******** up with the size but he's making me feel even worse. He said he appreciated the thought, but it's also really obvious he is more upset about the fact that he now has what he sees as a useless piece of clothing. I tried telling him that he could take it to a tailor or something to get it taken in, but he looked at me like I was crazy. He obviously didn't think he should need to do that. He even went to far to suggest that I should sell it on ebay or give it to someone else. I guess I am the most upset over the fact that he doesn't actually seem to appreciate the gift. Like, hey, my daughter got me this really nice sweatshirt. Yeah, the size is wrong and I can't exchange it, but it was a thoughtful gift from my loved one, so I don't mind. I am thankful for it and will do my best to make it work. And I would make sure she knows that I still like it, because it is a gift from her.

I just...can't deal with this right now. I make myself feel terrible enough as it is, I really don't need my dad to add to it.

Magical Girl

20,175 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Object of Affection 150
Kiwiangel9

User Image

It seems so silly that he'd be upset over it being too big.
I mean, better that the sweatshirt is bigger than smaller (even if he's losing weight).

I'm sorry.
*hugs*
emotion_bigheart

User Image
User Image

Beloved Beau

Is my new siggy pic too sparkly? .-.

Golden Admirer

Paul-19

Look at my profile.
I demand it~ =3

I'm going to have to make a whole new profile for Amazing Q's account because this format just won't work... and everything was the same.

Malevolent Kitten

22,925 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Nerd 50
Kiwiangel9
Breaking my hw hiatus because I need to rant and I trust you guys and I just want to cry

So for christmas I got my dad this really nice Redskins sweatshirt. When I found it, I was like "SCORE!" because it was on sale and it's really hard to find Redskins merch here because they are from the complete other side of the country. But the sale sticker was blocking part of the size without me realizing it. So it was actually a XXL instead of a XL. I got a gift receipt, in case it was too big (since my dad was doing really well on losing weight). But today he brings me to go and return or exchange it, but we can't because 1) it has been over a month since I bought it and 2) apparently they don't let you do returns or exchanges on sale items. If I had realized that, I would have paid more attention to the size. And it wasn't like they had a bunch of different sizes of that style, it was just the one. So we couldn't just exchange it for a different size. Apparently it was on sale because they were trying to get rid of it.

So now my dad is pissed because he has a sweatshirt thats too big and he is complaining about it right in front of me. And I'm upset because I spent $60 on a nice sweatshirt that he can't wear and I know I ******** up with the size but he's making me feel even worse. He said he appreciated the thought, but it's also really obvious he is more upset about the fact that he now has what he sees as a useless piece of clothing. I tried telling him that he could take it to a tailor or something to get it taken in, but he looked at me like I was crazy. He obviously didn't think he should need to do that. He even went to far to suggest that I should sell it on ebay or give it to someone else. I guess I am the most upset over the fact that he doesn't actually seem to appreciate the gift. Like, hey, my daughter got me this really nice sweatshirt. Yeah, the size is wrong and I can't exchange it, but it was a thoughtful gift from my loved one, so I don't mind. I am thankful for it and will do my best to make it work. And I would make sure she knows that I still like it, because it is a gift from her.

I just...can't deal with this right now. I make myself feel terrible enough as it is, I really don't need my dad to add to it.
aw I'm sorry kiwi *hugs* is it cottan? If so it would shrink!! If you put it in the washer and dryer :3

But that is really sad and upsetting. sad

Rule one of getting a gift...never ever complain about it in front of who gave it to you!!

:<

Malevolent Kitten

22,925 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Nerd 50
-ProcrastinatingSpazz-
I POSTED MY BOOK TO AMAZON
It'll be available for purchase tomorrow
I will post a link, though I don't expect any of y'all to buy
But if you want to, it's just $0.99
and you'd be supporting my dreams of someday quitting this job I hate
and writing for a living instead. * u*;;;User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
i'll probably buy it! 99cents for a worthy cause! ^_^

And a good book.

Malevolent Kitten

22,925 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Nerd 50
-ProcrastinatingSpazz-
and writing for a living instead. * u*;;;User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
i'll probably buy it! 99cents for a worthy cause! ^_^

And a good book.

Izzy Derp's Prince

Sparkling Sex Symbol

20,500 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Cool Cat 500
QT2
Paul-19

Look at my profile.
I demand it~ =3

I'm going to have to make a whole new profile for Amazing Q's account because this format just won't work... and everything was the same.

haha...
I feel flattered... ^////^
all pixel arts... lol
your profile loos awesome Q!!

Gracious Gekko

9,800 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
Writing an essay about how my family values "family" as my dad is yelling at me and my sisters about how we are lazy because the water pitcher wasn't filled and there were dishes in the sink instead of the dishwasher.

emotion_facepalm

gawd i've had it with him today. he should be GLAD the worst he has to worry about with us is dirty dishes, I mean I just found out my best friends sister is now a drug dealer. It could be so much worse.

Familiar Conversationalist

14,625 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
Kiwiangel9

emotion_hug emotion_hug emotion_hug emotion_hug emotion_hug emotion_hug emotion_hug emotion_hug emotion_hug emotion_hug emotion_hug emotion_hug emotion_hug emotion_hug emotion_hug emotion_hug emotion_hug
-ProcrastinatingSpazz-

why is it only 99cents?
Chaos_Bunny
Cute avie
I <3 CATS
LOOTS
MY CAT IS DYING
TOO SWEET
BUB
$$$$

19/50

well got one of each now

got the anklets

can give to Eve if she doesn't get them
she didn't have enough for the hat last I looked

Tipsy Giver

GLJordan

well got one of each now

I think that should finish you off for V-card itemizing.
yup thank you

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces