Anxious Nerd

16,550 Points
  • Healer 50
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
guys. hey guys. so we have a few more announcements regarding GSW:

Color:
2013 color is red!
Explanation: 2003.. 2013.. it matches up, and we have to repeat at some point, otherwise it gets too crazy going into different shades of colors and such.

Contests: Actually.. does anyone have any ideas for a good contest? We won't be doing Rainbow contest, and we're trying to find ideas that don't involve spamming the main GSW thread too much (i wasn't there for the first GSW but looking at the pages the bump contest was insane)

Dates: so when is GSW happening? July 7th - July 13th. get hyped!

Schedule: we usually have people that're like "s**t, I missed screenies!" so we came up with this schedule (still up for debate, what do you guys think?)

(times are in eastern zone)

July 6th: 11:30PM Gathering for opening screenies (In Friendchat)
July 7th: 12AM Opening Ceremony/Screenies (In FriendChat)
12PM, 3PM, 6PM, 9PM, screenies
July 8-12th: 12AM Screenies + Avvie Contest Winners announcement (On Days where it applies)
July 13th: 12AM, 12PM, 3PM, 6PM, 9PM Screenies
11:30PM Closing Ceremonies Gathering/Screenies (In Cow Base, FriendChat will expire around this time)
July 14th: 12AM: Overall Winner + Class Winners Announcements + Screenies (In Cow Base if still open)

i know i know, it might seem like too much, but this isn't a "dude you need to make it to every screeny holding", but more of a "oh hey, you can't make it to one? it's cool bro, just come to the next one"

Themes/Thread: themes will be announced early june (for sure the first week) and the thread will be open at the same time

FAQ: can anyone think of commonly asked questions during GSW? i'm adding more to the FAQ section, some questions I already have are:
1. about colors/sashes
2. when screenshots take place (will have schedule)
3. what timezone are we in (all times are eastern)
4. when does a day start/end

Omnipresent Loiterer

23,650 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
SheThoughtSheDid

Schedule: we usually have people that're like "s**t, I missed screenies!" so we came up with this schedule (still up for debate, what do you guys think?)

July 8-12th: 12AM Screenies + Avvie Contest Winners announcement (On Days where it applies)
11:30PM Closing Ceremonies Gathering/Screenies (In Cow Base, FriendChat will expire around this time)
July 14th: 12AM: Overall Winner + Class Winners Announcements + Screenies (In Cow Base if still open)
what timezone are these based on?

Anxious Nerd

16,550 Points
  • Healer 50
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
cramshaft

eastern

In a relationship with her husband

Spoopy Elder

I don't know how much I'll be participating this year?
It overlaps my birthday [10th] and I might be going to do something that day. Possibly the weekend after. Amusement paaaark
And I can't do anything at midnight during the week or anything during weekdays because I still have to work over the summer.
Especially if it's EST or something, that's 1am for me.
Edit// Yeah, 1am for me.

But for contests, I assume avatar contests and "most spirited/helpful/whatever" will still be around?User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Anxious Nerd

16,550 Points
  • Healer 50
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
-ProcrastinatingSpazz-
I don't know how much I'll be participating this year?
It overlaps my birthday [10th] and I might be going to do something that day. Possibly the weekend after. Amusement paaaark
And I can't do anything at midnight during the week or anything during weekdays because I still have to work over the summer.
Especially if it's EST or something, that's 1am for me.
Edit// Yeah, 1am for me.

But for contests, I assume avatar contests and "most spirited/helpful/whatever" will still be around?User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

yep, we're still doing the old contests (avatar contest, raffle, ultimate winner/class winner)

also the midnight thing is like a tradition, it's just kinda spelled out now for people to know about lol

Malevolent Kitten

22,925 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Nerd 50
cramshaft
SheThoughtSheDid

what timezone are these based on?

Ditto!

Also...SO EXCITED

Gracious Gekko

9,800 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
SheThoughtSheDid

FAQ: How do I tell my class?

I'm sure there's more, but I can't really think of any atm.

Malevolent Kitten

22,925 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Nerd 50
Oh weird,posts didn't show.

Yay! Eastern! Means I can show up and have it not be midnight.

Gracious Gekko

9,800 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
BAH eastern time! If I have a closing shift at work any of those days, I'm in trouble. The latest is the midnight screenies, which is 9 pm for west coasters.

Hygienic Genius

Yay for Central time, I guess. o.o Then again, I have to be at work at 8 AM according to my newest hiring information today. So I probably won't be able to do much at night, either.

Meh meh, Calculus 3 is sooooo tiring! sweatdrop

Paul-19's Fangirl

Smitten Fairy

33,800 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Attending the Ball 25
Gah thats like a month after I leave crying Idk if internet. I may not be on for screenies, but I will be sure to go to a library dress up my avi and post at least once <3 gah I can't wait. emotion_kirakira

In a relationship with her husband

Spoopy Elder

Oh wait, I totally lied.
12a EST is 11p CST.
What even are time zones.
I may be able to partake in the traditions then.

I'm really not feeling the excitement though?
Getting old and/or bored of Gaia.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Familiar Conversationalist

14,625 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
i have a fairy by my side
So, I'm catching up on season eight of Supernatural and omg the LARP episode is great. I mean, besides Felicia Day being awesome as per usual, I love that they didn't just make fun of LARPing like other shows do when they have an episode featuring it. I mean, yeah, they had moments that were like "Wow, these people are dorky", but they also went into the escapism and fun of roleplaying. Plus, Dean was totally into it! xD He loves dressing up.

Personally, I only play pen and paper rpgs. But, live-action role-playing looks like it'd be fun! I'm so self-conscious I'd probably feel silly, though. <u <;;

still have to finish season seven :/

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces