User Image

Magical Girl

20,175 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Object of Affection 150
Miss-dark8607

User Image

My Little Pony would be my fandom, if I were to claim one.
I don't like a lot of the fans, but it's a show that I'm... well... obsessed over.

User Image
User Image

Dangerous Visionary

Rainbowrific Renia
Miss-dark8607

User Image

My Little Pony would be my fandom, if I were to claim one.
I don't like a lot of the fans, but it's a show that I'm... well... obsessed over.

User Image
User Image

LOL I'm the opposite. I like the fandom but dislike the show.

Magical Girl

20,175 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
Miss-dark8607

User Image

Eh, it's not a show for everyone, apparently.

I'm sure this is the case in every fandom, those fans who think that everyone in the world should like what they like, but given the premise of the show and it's message, I think it's a little silly to go around trying to get everyone to love the show. It's the exact opposite of what the show is about. Or maybe I'm just taking it to heart here, but... whatever. I just hate fans who do that, and I've noticed a lot of that going on in this fandom.

Or they get upset when you state your dislike for a certain character. I went shopping at Toys R Us about two months ago, and I was telling my fiance that I might like the favorites set (it's 6 pony toys and a slightly bigger toy of one of the villains), but I expressed that I wasn't a fan of Trixie (which is one of the toys). One of the workers came out of nowhere and lectured me on how her character has so much depth and probably has a tragic back story, blah blah.
I was like "Dude, chill."
So I guess my issue is the adults that take it too seriously. The show was meant for little girl's, but it was intended to be a show that adults could also enjoy with their children. I understand that. A lot of the "bronies" do not understand that. They think the show is for them, when it's really not.
Thus, they annoy me.

Sorry, rant over.
sweatdrop

User Image
User Image

Cute Hellraiser

10,550 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Partygoer 500
Rainbowrific Renia
MsGrimm

User Image

ROSIE!
<3333
My goodness, that has to be one of my favorite Pixar movies... my childhood, man.

User Image
User Image

I remember seeing this on opening day in theaters. It was my great aunt and my first time going to the movies together. I was thinking about entering this into the Avi Arena, but changed my mind. I never win that, even with my Lightning Avi I worked so hard on, or my Kung Fu Panda Po, or the lesser known Meru from Legend of the Dragoons (my fave non-Final Fantasy RPG)

Magical Girl

20,175 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
User Image

My Disney avatar (I may or may not change into it, but here's an old tektek)!
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
I tektek'd this a little after the movie had come out, because I loved it so much.
emotion_kirakira

User Image
User Image

Dangerous Visionary

Rainbowrific Renia
Miss-dark8607

User Image

Eh, it's not a show for everyone, apparently.

I'm sure this is the case in every fandom, those fans who think that everyone in the world should like what they like, but given the premise of the show and it's message, I think it's a little silly to go around trying to get everyone to love the show. It's the exact opposite of what the show is about. Or maybe I'm just taking it to heart here, but... whatever. I just hate fans who do that, and I've noticed a lot of that going on in this fandom.

Or they get upset when you state your dislike for a certain character. I went shopping at Toys R Us about two months ago, and I was telling my fiance that I might like the favorites set (it's 6 pony toys and a slightly bigger toy of one of the villains), but I expressed that I wasn't a fan of Trixie (which is one of the toys). One of the workers came out of nowhere and lectured me on how her character has so much depth and probably has a tragic back story, blah blah.
I was like "Dude, chill."
So I guess my issue is the adults that take it too seriously. The show was meant for little girl's, but it was intended to be a show that adults could also enjoy with their children. I understand that. A lot of the "bronies" do not understand that. They think the show is for them, when it's really not.
Thus, they annoy me.

Sorry, rant over.
sweatdrop

User Image
User Image

GOOD RANT THO. I like it. I guess I just luck out and I only see the good parts of the fandom. Like all the PMV on youtube and the fan artists on DA. I don't really get into discussions much.

Magical Girl

20,175 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
Miss-dark8607

User Image

Haha, thanks.
xD

I love the videos that people have made for MLP and the art is usually fantastic! I'm trying my best to stay away from any discussions about characters and such, because I just know I'll end up angry. Apparently Rainbow Dash gets a lot of hate in the fandom, and being a Dashie fan, I don't think I can deal with that.
Though I don't mind discussing episodes. A lot of people have interesting theories when it comes to some of the events in the show. As I said, it's a show for little girls, so it's not likely that any of what is mentioned will happen. It's still nice to think about.

You know what's funny though? I saw a thread in the MLP forum about Disney taking over (which I'm sure is far from true).
That would be crazy, considering this week's theme.
rofl

User Image
User Image

Hygienic Genius

So... I guess I should figure out who to dress up as. xD

Anxious Nerd

16,550 Points
  • Healer 50
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
aww yeee i think my english professor ended up liking me

i was turning in my final paper and she was like if you ever need a letter of recommendation let me know

and i was like cool

Magical Girl

20,175 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
SheThoughtSheDid

i was turning in my final paper and she was like if you ever need a letter of recommendation let me know

and i was like cool

emotion_brofist emotion_awesome

Malevolent Kitten

22,925 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Nerd 50
So many cute avatars! I can't decide who to be. I did Rapunzel before so I kinda wanna do someone else. I'm thinking vanelopee from wreck it ralph. xd but I wanna be a classic...hmmm

Malevolent Kitten

22,925 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Nerd 50
SheThoughtSheDid

and i was like cool
Awesome!

Magical Girl

20,175 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
Chaos_Bunny
=

User Image

That would be an awesome avatar.
She was such a cute character.