Welcome to Gaia! ::

Visitors (since 02/25/2007)

+1 1 100.0% [ 60 ]
Total Votes:[ 60 ]
<< < 1 2 ... 33 34 35 36 ... 37 38 39 >

An odd thing happened when I scanned one of the pages with the smoke effects. Although I revamped it and it looked pretty good, when I scanned it and saved it under "black and white scalable", it looked SOOO much more like smoke than what I intended it to be. However, I'm not sure if the other pages with smoke will have this effect on them (since the other pages have other objects that may mess up this cool feature I tried out.

Anyway, here's the result of my unintentional, but surprisingly effective discovery: (btw this is essentially a sneak peek at the prologue chapter. Oh, and this page is just supposed to show smoke and light coming from below the smoke. You'll find out why soon enough)

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

That's the first page of the prologue, and we hope you like what you see.
wink heart
Looks great. eek

4,650 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
That's alot of smoke.
Slix Zero
That's alot of smoke.

There's a reason why (recall past Gaian comics).

4,650 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
I know, it's just, I never thought Gino's mansion produce so much smoke when it burned down.

8,300 Points
  • Pie For All! 300
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
  • Pieversity 200
Slix Zero
I know, it's just, I never thought Gino's mansion produce so much smoke when it burned down.

The Underground Testing Faucility was also burning, remember?

4,650 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Yes, yes. And don't forget all those grunnies.
Slix Zero
Yes, yes. And don't forget all those grunnies.

>_<

Yeah, I was basing the smoke off of the entire Gambino property, so that's why there's so much smoke. The actual zoom in of the mansion won't have as much smoke though (a.k.a. as much as shown in the official comic)
Just to remind everyone, the prologue is merely a transition from the official Gaia comic to this fan-made one. Nothing much really happens yet until chapter one.

8,300 Points
  • Pie For All! 300
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
  • Pieversity 200
Alurna
Just to remind everyone, the prologue is merely a transition from the official Gaia comic to this fan-made one. Nothing much really happens yet until chapter one.

That's cool! A good connection always helps! 3nodding
N-finiteFangirl
Alurna

That's cool! A good connection always helps! 3nodding

It will be a fairly straightforward connection... for now.

Jeering Browser

*bounces up and down* Yay! It's started! blaugh

It looks great! I can't draw smoke worth crap either. >.o
Progress has been slowed down due to my volunteer work everyday, which takes out a significant chunk of my daily schedule. Right now we're done all the frames of each page, and we're currently adding shading effects to each frame. Then, we'll scan them and add the dialogues.

We're debating on whether we should post them scan by scan, or scanning them once they're all fully shaded and posting them up as a whole.

If we do scan by scan we could put up around four of the prologue pages today, and continuously update tomorrow for every new page shaded, scanned and "dialogued".
The prologue, in our opinion, doesn't seem as good as we like it to be, but that's because we can't draw smoke and fire very well >_<.

The first chapter will be much easier for us to draw though. 3nodding

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces