Welcome to Gaia! ::

Who should win the Halloween Tektek contest? (scroll down to find the entries)

Rawfie 0.25 25.0% [ 2 ]
Blacksplash 0.25 25.0% [ 2 ]
puppylove713 0.5 50.0% [ 4 ]
Lindsay77 0 0.0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes:[ 8 ]
This poll closed on November 4, 2012.
No longer accepting new votes.
1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 142 143 144 > >> >>> »|

Friendly Conversationalist

User Image
User ImageIntroductionUser ImageThe RulesUser ImageF.A.QUser ImageGuild InfoUser ImageGamesUser ImageBannersUser ImageAffiliatesUser ImageSponsorsUser ImageTektek EntriesUser ImageBirthdaysUser Image

Welcome to Ghosting 2012!
Sponsored by The Greatest Gift of All Guild
Co-Hosted by PurpleLovr and TheBlackCatLentheritia

This is an event to celebrate Halloween with others through the fantastic process of anonymous gifting! By doing so you will make friends and have a great time this spooking season. But beware - Anonymous gifting can be extremely addicting!

Remember to keep your identity a secret. It's much more enjoyable that way!

Want to join in the fun? As long as you mention Ghosting somewhere in the message that accompanies your gift, the recipient should know which thread the gift is from! However, if you want to be sure, just make sure to include the name and URL of this thread. Here is a possible gifting message you could send:

Quote:
Boo! You've been ghosted! You happened upon a gift! You can become a ghost too by sending an anonymous gift with this message. And please come chat and make friends at our Halloween gifting thread: http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/gaia-community-projects/t.82646661

User Image

If you read nothing else... in a nutshell:
Gifts are Anonymous
Recent Visitors are off
Do not beg or only talk about your quests.
Take any dramas to PM, ask a guild crew for help if need be. Include page number.
Chatting and being friendly, sticking around, and having a
viewable profile with a wishlist with items of various values will help!

User Image

Updates and News

User ImageIntroductionUser ImageThe RulesUser ImageF.A.Q.User ImageGuild InfoUser ImageGamesUser ImageBannersUser ImageAffiliatesUser ImageSponsors User ImageTektek EntriesUser ImageBirthdaysUser Image

Moonlight Giver

17,115 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Invisibility 100
User Image
User ImageIntroductionUser ImageThe RulesUser ImageF.A.Q.User ImageGuild InfoUser ImageGamesUser ImageBannersUser ImageAffiliatesUser ImageSponsorsUser ImageTektek EntriesUser ImageBirthdaysUser Image

TOS is, as always, in effect

Respect others

Treat everyone as though they were important. Because they are. The person who sets the event up isn't the only important person. We are based from a guild that has many people who all worked together to make this happen time and again. And we want to maintain a celebratory happy atmosphere.

If you have an issue or want to discuss sensitive topics, please take it to PMs or ask a regular to help you.

No Begging
No complaining, whining, advertising, or STAT POSTING!

Stat posting is saying how many gifts you've given and/or how many you've received. It often comes off as begging and showing off. If you like to keep track (and many people do) please do so in a private area. Perhaps a word file on your own computer, or a private locked journal. Feel free to share your dream avatars! Just please don't ask for donations or specific items.

Use proper posting etiquette
This means no page stretching, or excessive image posting.
This particularly comes into play when quoting, and when you use post styles. Please try to keep the quote rivers from getting to be too long, and delete the images and post styles from the quotes. I love post styles and they're great for giving your posts a theme. Just keep in mind their size please.

Also, please don't quote this first page. Or, if you really need to- erase all the irrelevant information. If you need to share most of any of these posts - just direct them here to read it.

Anonymous gifts and PMs must be turned on.
This is an event based entirely around these systems. They are vital to the event's success.

Have a readily visible wishlist somewhere.
It can be on your profile, journal, signature; but make sure it is somewhere and that you clearly express what items you want. If you don't want anything in particular, please still pick out items for your wishlist. Those without a wishlist may be less likely to be chosen to receive gifts by some.

Items on your wishlist need to vary in expense.
Pick out some items that are reasonably cheap, moderately expensive and obscenely costly. That way, no matter what your gifter's budget, they can afford something that you'd like. I recommend trying to have at least 5 items in each cost category.

Feel free to gift art
Although art has no official in-game value, if the artist takes the time and effort, it can be treasured above anything else.

Do not reveal your identity to anyone.
Guessing and speculation are part of the game, but please keep who gifts whom secret. If you figure someone out, congrats - but please keep it to yourself!

Do not spend more than you are willing to.
There are no gift restrictions. If you are not comfortable with spending all of your gold, then don't. You don't have to buy Monthly Collectibles for every gift. Spend what you'd be comfortable to part with.

Be gracious and grateful.
Be appreciative of each other. Remember the spirit of this season and this event. Thanking people for the item you received is nice.

Turn recent visitors off on your profile.
Maybe you’re a famous movie star, or just genuinely popular. You can however keep track of who visits your profile with the recent visitors option, it is suggested that to maintain anonymity with the gifting, you turn this off when you participate with the gifting.

User ImageIntroductionUser ImageThe RulesUser ImageF.A.Q.User ImageGuild InfoUser ImageGamesUser ImageBannersUser ImageAffiliatesUser ImageSponsorsUser ImageTektek EntriesUser ImageBirthdaysUser Image
User Image

User Image

How do I know this isn't a scam?
If you suspect that this is a scam then there isn't very much I can say to convince you otherwise. However, I will say for the record that this is not a scam. This thread has been made solely for the joy of giving.

How do I sign up?
You simply say that you would like to join by posting in this thread! No secret word, no complicated handshake! Just let us know you’re in here and get to gifting!

When does the event start/end?
This event will run from October 8th through November 4th. After the event is over, we will return to our regular gifting thread until the next event, Elving!

Why do you only send anonymous gifts?
We do it this way so that no one feels indebted to anyone in particular. And since we don't post stats on how much anyone has gifted either, the only motivator here is to have fun spreading joy.

How do I pick who to gift?
You can gift anyone you like. They don’t even have to be here in this thread. It helps a lot if the person has a viewable profile; and a wishlist that has items of a wide variety of values. Everything from under 1k and up. Being friendly, active, and playing by the event rules is also a factor to some people.

How do I gift anonymously?
First, buy the item you want to gift. Now, go to your inventory and click on its icon. There will be a number of options available to you now; click the purple one that says "GIVE AS GIFT". This will bring you to the gift wrapping page. Choose the color you want your gift to be, Type in your recipient's name, write your message, check the "Give this gift anonymously?" button, enter your password, confirm and presto! All done!

Here's an animated gif that walks you through the steps. But if that goes too fast, there are links to the screenshots below!

User Image

1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7

I forgot to check anonymous! Now my recipient knows who I am!
These things happen; mistakes occur. Don't worry about it. But do continue to send gifts! Don't let a small setback like this spoil your fun! If you were using a gifting alias, either ask them not to share it, or makeup a new one.

What is a Gifting Alias?
In recent event’s, several participants started using an alias in their message. They’d include a line that says “From the Glomping Elf” or “from the Mewing Gifter”. If you would like to do that, it’s fine, just keep your identity secret! If you plan on becoming one of our regulars, perhaps you might consider keeping your alias for the next event too!

For whatever reason, I cannot use the gifting option. Can I use the trade feature to send my gifts?
We highly encourage you be remain ANONYMOUS. That’s the whole point here. So please try to keep that theme using gifting. However, sometimes glitches happen. If trading is really your only way – use a mule that has no connection to your main account. Make sure you don’t say who you really are in the profile, or your posts in other threads. Use different pictures in your signature and profile.

I want to send art. How do I do that?

There have been many suggestions as to how one should go about this. The three best ideas regarding art are:

1. Send the URL in a note attached to a small item.
2. Use a mule and simply PM the picture to your recipient.
3. PM the picture to RandomAnonymousGifter along with the name of the recipient and a note. It will get to the proper recipient, we promise biggrin

I have some items on my wishlist already. Do I have to add more?

If all of those items are expensive, then you must add more items to your wishlist. MCs and EIs are expensive items and it is unreasonable to expect people to get you them for this event. Is this to say you can't have MCs and EIs on your wishlist? No. And there are some incredibly generous gifters out there!

It is a good rule of thumb to have at least five items worth 1,000 or less gold sprinkled throughout your wishlist at any given time. That way, no matter what his or her budget is, gifters can afford something you'd like.

I haven't received a gift. What's going on?

Please remember the point of this event is to give. If you stay and chat, play by the rules, and make sure your profile is visible and your wishlist is appropriately stocked; then I’m sure you will get some gifts eventually. Also, not everyone is gifting all the time. Sometimes we just chat and make friends. Be patient and just try to have fun. If your fun is dependent on getting gifts, this might not be the place for you.

I have received only Daily Chance items or trash and I have been giving people things off their wishlists. This isn't fair.
It's kinda insulting to call gifts "trash". Some gifters, in an attempt to keep gifting despite being new or poor, will sometimes gift cheaper items. Sometimes it’s in an effort to keep gifting through the whole event. But they thought of you, and were kind enough to share what they do have. Also, sometimes those types of cheaper items are sent so they can send you a message requesting you to add more to your wishlist that they can afford – or something along those lines.

At the same time, please try to make your gifts thoughtful. Unless a person is questing a certain type of loot, or several of one cheap item – please try to make it an item they can enjoy.

How do I turn Recent Visitors off?
To turn off Recent Visitors; you can do one of two things. One go to the Account Settings Page; then go to the 'Profile Options' setting. (this can be found by the gear at the end of the my gaia tab- the arrow creates a drop down list) Scroll to the bottom of the page and uncheck the box and be sure to save. Or you can go to your profile and hit edit; and delete the box. This is usually easiest

I have a question that hasn't been covered by this FAQ. Where should I ask it?
Post it up here in the thread. As a result of all these events, we have many lovely helpful people, who if they know the answer would be thrilled to help! If not, please PM either PurpleLovr or TheBlackCatLentheritia and if we don’t know, we’ll do our best to help you find the answer.

User Image

Moonlight Giver

17,115 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Invisibility 100
User Image

Why yes, we are a guild. We are most active during our events, and in our public Random Gifting Thread. We are not so terribly elite or difficult to join. These events also double a bit as our recruiting drive. We love inviting new active passionate members! If you would like to join us you can send a PM to one of the event hosts or the two owners GGoaGuild or Lnk1001. Also feel free to visit us Here. That is our home thread, where we hang-out between events.

We tend to run events approximately every 2-3 months. And you're welcome to join us at those events no matter if you're in the guild or not! Our regular events are:

Christmas (Elving)
Valentine’s Day (Cupiding)
Easter (Bunny-ing? Lol)
Summer (Various themes)
Halloween (Ghosting)

User Image

User Image

Game Index

Raffle
Halloween TekTek Contest

***NOTE*** Tektek Entries for the Halloween Tektek will be shown in the nineth(9th) post to avoid over stretching this one

Raffle
Basically, tickets will be for sale the entire event. Tickets cost 100 gold each; You can buy tickets by sending a trade titled "Raffle Tickets x(the number you want to buy)" with the proper amount of gold to PurpleLovr. The tickets will go in order, so say you want five tickets, you'll get 1-5; there isn't a special set of numbers and no limit on how many tickets you can buy. On the last day of the event I will generate a random number and who ever owns the ticket will be announced the winner. The prizes will then be sent via trade to the winner.

Money Raised/Prizes:
Antipathy
70,000 gold

Ticket Numbers:
1 - 100 Evelin333
101 - 300 Rawfie
301 - 400 Blackgry
401 - 500 Evelin333
501 - 700 puppylove713

Winning Ticket!
649 - puppylove713

User Image

Tektek Contests
***Each person may enter both contests or choose one or the other***

Halloween Tektek Contest

We will be having one tektek contest for this event. The only requirement is that it be Halloween-themed. (There is NO price limit. Just have fun with it!)
Each person may enter ONLY ONCE! All entries MUST BE PMed to me, PurpleLovr by 11:59 pm (PST) on Thursday, November 1st. Friday, November 2nd. Voting will begin on Friday, November 2nd Saturday, November 3rd and the winners will be announced Sunday, November 4th.

Entries
**Entries will be entered in post 9 so as to not stretch this bubble too much or confuse others

Regarding Prizes:

This contest's winners will be decided by a poll in the thread. If there are too many entries to fit in one poll, I will split them up into 2 polls. Entries will be divided into the polls based on the date stamp of the PM they were sent in. The top three in each poll will then be voted for again to decide the 3 winners. This is why I have left two days for voting instead of one.
Prizes
First Place- 120k
Second Place- 65k
Third Place- 40k

Evelin333's Lolita Tektek Contest

One of our lovely regulars, Evelin333, is sponsoring her own tektek contest! This contest will last until Nov 11, so make sure you get your entries in before then! Evelin333 will pick her favorite out of the bunch and that person will win a SDPlus #055 Gino Bucket (currently valued at around 350K) Good luck everyone!

Rules:
1. The tektek must be lolita
` ~ The specifications are here ===> Types and Silhoutte that it MUST follow
2. Entries are to be PM'd to Evelin333, if you have doubts about if it is lolita please PM her.
3. You must use a Human base, although you can use skin mods, eye mods, mouth mods, hand mods, feet mods
4. Remember, this is an invo tektek, so use this link
5. The maximum out of invo price is 2mil.
6. Everyone who enters will receive a 10K consolation prize.

User Image
User Image

Moonlight Giver

17,115 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Invisibility 100
User Image
User ImageIntroductionUser ImageThe RulesUser ImageF.A.Q.User ImageGuild InfoUser ImageGamesUser Image BannersUser ImageAffiliatesUser ImageSponsorsUser ImageTektek EntriesUser ImageBirthdaysUser Image

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

[url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/gaia-community-projects/t.82646661/][img]http://tinyurl.com/9lwb3eb[/img][/url]

User Image

[url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/gaia-community-projects/t.82646661/][img]http://i260.photobucket.com/albums/ii9/tikka730/Banners/ghost_with_sign.png[/img][/url]

User Image

[url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/gaia-community-projects/t.82646661/][img]http://i260.photobucket.com/albums/ii9/tikka730/Banners/ghost_Boo.png[/img][/url]

User ImageIntroductionUser ImageThe RulesUser ImageF.A.Q.User ImageGuild InfoUser ImageGamesUser Image BannersUser ImageAffiliatesUser ImageSponsorsUser ImageTektek EntriesUser ImageBirthdaysUser Image
User Image

User Image
User ImageIntroductionUser ImageThe RulesUser ImageF.A.Q.User ImageGuild InfoUser ImageGamesUser ImageBannersUser ImageAffiliatesUser ImageSponsorsUser ImageTektek EntriesUser ImageBirthdayUser Image

If you are active poster, or a guild member – then you can have your guild, store, quest, or thread listed here. This is pretty much the only place where any kind of advertising is permitted! Just PM me,PurpleLovr.

~

User Image

User ImageIntroductionUser ImageThe RulesUser ImageF.A.Q.User ImageGuild InfoUser ImageGamesUser ImageBannersUser ImageAffiliatesUser ImageSponsorsUser ImageTektek EntriesUser ImageBirthdayUser Image
User Image

Moonlight Giver

17,115 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Invisibility 100
User Image

Here we'd like to thank all of you who helped make Ghosting possible!

The Greatest Gift of All Guild

User Image

User Image

Halloween TekTek Contest Entries

1 - Rawfie User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. --------- 2 - BlackSplash User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. ------- 3 - puppylove713 User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

4 - Lindsay77 User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Evelin333's Lolita TekTek Contest Entries

1 - Rawfie User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. --------- 2 - Marrionetta User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. ------- 3 - Marrionetta User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. ---------

4 - Marrionetta User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

User Image

Moonlight Giver

17,115 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Invisibility 100
User Image

The Birthday List
If you plan on joining the guild, or you are a regular whose birthday falls during the event please message TheBlackCatLentheritia to have your name and birthday added to the list. Also if your name is on the list and you wish to have it removed message me as well.

October
Lnk1001 10/1
Evelin333 10/3

November
CatFireFlame -___- 11/02
Lindsay77 11/02
Rawfie 11/20
The Furry Fuzzball 11/30

December
Sailorstar165 12/21
MissDotHacker 12/23

January
X-KENNA-BEAR-X 01/04
Kreiystahl 01/13

Febrary

March
Zariqueen 03/02
Techpriest35 03/28

((And BlackGry also doesn't want their birthday known as it falls on a death day it's celebrates on Easter.))

April
Mistypaw 04/01
Sgt. Frosty 04/02

May
PurpleLovr 05/09

June
coolgriff14 06/03
Angel_Kitten_Sweetheart 06/08
ozkur 06/19

July
Waterystar 07/15
Theblackcatlentheritia 07/30

August
priinzeziita89 08/01
EPINAYCUTIEPIE 08/05
Lilsis Charmer 08/17

September
Puppylove713 09/02

User Image

Moonlight Giver

17,115 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Invisibility 100

Moonlight Giver

17,115 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Senpai's Notice 100