Gaian Theatrical Productions (GTP) is a group of Gaian actors who create a show each month for the enoyment of Gaian theatre-lovers. We strive to keep our audiences happy, and create all kinds of performances, from such classics as West Side Story and Gypsy (June '09) (May '10) to Next to Normal (April '10) and The Wedding Singer (October '09).
We are always looking for new actors, costume designers and...audience-wranglers, so if you are ever interested in becoming a part of the theatre company simply drop Arcellleaux a PM.
Both monologues are from Tennessee Williams' A Streetcar Named Desire.
For Women: I...I...I took the blows on my face and my body! All those deaths! * You came just in time for funerals Stella. And now you sit there telling me with your eyes that I let the place go. How in hell do you think all that sickness and dying was paid for? Death is expensive, Miss Stella!
For Men: Don’t you ever talk that way to me. Pig...disgusting...greasy. Those kind of words have been on your tongue and your sister’s tongue just too much around here. What do you think you are? * A pair of queens? * I’m the King around here, and don’t you forget it.
1. Please don't copy and paste the monologues in your audition. I'd like to see how you handle the material, and how you interpret it. Not how I typed it up.
2. On the same note, the pauses are recommended, but interpret the material how you will.
3. Feel free to throw in an emoticon if you want. It's what the little box of emoticons is there for in Towns, anyway. Also, put emphasis on important words or phrases by putting them in CAPS.
4. Don't walk around too much, but you may move slightly during your audition, or sit, but make sure it's a good choice for the monologue and the character.
5. ENJOY YOURSELF, and don't apologize if you feel you messed up.
How do I audition?
Simple! Really, all you have to do is show up. Keep one window open with the thread (for audition scenes, tips, etc), and another with the theater open, and you will be fine. Any further direction or questions will be answered by me in the theater.
Do I have to pay for my own costumes?
Not unless you really, really want to. I usually outfit the mules with my own gold. It's free for you to perform with us! Yay!
Do I get paid for my performance?
Absolutely not. This isn't a Gaian Equity production. wink
I'm not a very good singer, is that okay?
That's the best part about performing in Gaia. You don't need to warm up your voice, or stretch, or even memorize lines. All you need is a few windows open with the script and the theater, and the ability to type pretty well, and you'll be a star.
I don't want to audition, but I want to see the show. Can I just show up at a performance?
No! I'm currently working on a mule account for the company, who handles all of the audience. The mule's house will be the new theater. When you want to see the show, sign up by PMing the mule, Vaude Maude, and your name will be added to the list of audience members for the performance you wish to attend. Vaude Maude will send you a friend request. Once you accept, you will be allowed access into the theater for the given night you want to attend the show. After the night's performance, you will be removed from Vaude Maude's friends.