Welcome to Gaia! ::

Which of these recent Tony-winning plays and musicals would you love to see Gaia-style?

Book of Mormon 0.32116788321168 32.1% [ 44 ]
Memphis 0.036496350364964 3.6% [ 5 ]
Billy Elliot 0.1021897810219 10.2% [ 14 ]
In the Heights 0.058394160583942 5.8% [ 8 ]
Spring Awakening 0.23357664233577 23.4% [ 32 ]
War Horse 0.12408759124088 12.4% [ 17 ]
Red 0.043795620437956 4.4% [ 6 ]
God of Carnage 0.043795620437956 4.4% [ 6 ]
August: Osage County 0.021897810218978 2.2% [ 3 ]
The Coast of Utopia 0.014598540145985 1.5% [ 2 ]
Total Votes:[ 137 ]
<< < 1 2 ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ... 708 709 710 > >> >>> »|

[Stupid Laura]
Dear GTC Members and Audience,

I am sorry I was unable to complete my role as Nessarose last night. I wish to apologize profusely.

My family just got a new Apple computer with a fast Internet connection, and I am still not used to it. I was using it for the performance, and it was fine all while we were waiting for the show to start, but then, literally the SECOND "No One Mourns the Wicked" began, it started having problems. I am still not sure what the problems were, but all of a sudden I would be the only avatar moving in the house.

In any case, the only scene I was able to actually perform in was the first classroom scene, in which Nessarose does not have any lines. I apologize if this caused any problems for the other actors, which I'm sure it did.

I was not able to get on after Towns booted me out during "Dancing Through Life," because it said that "player already exists on this server". I interpreted this to mean that someone without computer problems took over the part. Whoever it was, thank you.

In closing, I am extremely embarrassed about this. I have only ever missed one performance out of all the real-life plays I've been in, and that was because I was sick and physically could not move. If you wish to remove me from the cast for Wicked, I don't blame you. I would probably do the same thing.

Sincerely and apologetically,
[Stupid Laura]

It's okay -- s**t happens and all that, and it's not something we aren't used to dealing with. DerKameramann doubled Nessa with Elphie for you smile

Quote:
You didn't see any Shadow Avatars? Funny, for my computer after Boq, Elphaba, and Fiyero left to costume change I couldn't see them at all. Oh well. My computer's an a** anywho.

Oh, well, I kept freezing and restarting Towns (hence some awkward entrances), so that's probably why it all looked fine to me.

Quote:
I've established audition times for the Phoenix Troupe's performance of Avenue Q.

We were going to suggest that you go with Avenue Q, due to the simplicity of the show smile I'd suggest moving your auditions to right after Christmas, though, so its not so short notice, but its up to you.

Quote:
Do we have cast lists yet for any of the other nights? (BTW, I'd really like to be assigned tomorrow if it's not a problem, since I made sure to clear it out ahead of time.)

No, but I think I can put them together right now. Lesse...

Sat 23rd
Elphaba - musicgeek
G(a)linda - Patta
Fiyero - Arqueete
Nessarose - My loverly
Boq - TheCameraman
Morrible - [.W i c k e d.]
Wizard - Atomic H
Dillamond - Wicked Lover22

Tues 26th
Elphaba - R!nalda
G(a)linda - Patta
Fiyero - Clownrus
Nessarose - DancingWithPandas
Boq - TheCameraman
Morrible - Le Fantome
Wizard- n00dl3s
Dillamond - Evan Korken

Thurs 28th
Elphaba - DerKameramann
G(a)linda - Patta
Fiyero - KyoKyonKitty
Nessa - [Stupid Laura]
Boq - TheCameraman
Wizard - n00dl3s

Upset that the triple-casting screwed you over? COME WHEN IT'S NOT YOUR NIGHT. Chances are there's some place we can sub you in.

Not upset about your casting? COME WHEN IT'S NOT YOUR NIGHT ANYWAY. Chances are there's some place we can sub you in razz

Edit: Okay, I think I've accomodated for all reported absences and things... If you can't do a night you're casted in, let me know ASAP. And yell at me if you said you couldn't do a night and I casted you that night anyway.
I'm happy to hear that last night's peformance went well despite some difficulties. xD I hope my (small) house was of some help. Arq may have made you guys act in the terrible cold outside instead.(lololjkjk ;D)

Tell me when you want me to send the set back over, Arq. :3

3,400 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Wall Street 200
So I hear it went well, I'm glad good job.
Arqueete
Sat 23rd
Elphaba - musicgeek
G(a)linda - Patta
Fiyero - Arqueete
Nessarose - My loverly
Boq - TheCameraman
Wizard - Atomic H

Tues 26th
Elphaba - R!nalda
G(a)linda - Patta
Fiyero - Clownrus
Nessarose - [Stupid Laura]
Boq - TheCameraman
Morrible - Le Fantome
Wizard- n00dl3s
Dillamond - Evan Korken

Thurs 28th
Elphaba - DerKameramann
G(a)linda - Patta
Fiyero - KyoKyonKitty
Nessa - My Loverly
Boq - TheCameraman
Wizard - n00dl3s

Actually, I think my family is going to visit my mom and open Christmas presents on the 26th. I'll check with my dad when he gets home.

Also, is DancingWithPandas going to perform? Because I don't think she's been put down for anything yet.
[Stupid Laura]

Also, is DancingWithPandas going to perform? Because I don't think she's been put down for anything yet.

Yes! Thank you. I accidentally skipped her over sweatdrop
Merry Christmas
Happy Hanukkah

:GONK: x5 billion. I wish I could perform tomorrow, but I think my dad wants us to go look at Christmas lights or something, and I don't know when we're leaving, but we're going skiing sometime after Christmas...
I asked him. We're gone Tuesday through Friday!! DX This is upsetting. Are we doing any more performances? Say, a Saturday performance after the Thursday performance?

Happy Kwanzaa
HAPPY HOLIDAYS
R!nalda
Merry Christmas
Happy Hanukkah

:GONK: x5 billion. I wish I could perform tomorrow, but I think my dad wants us to go look at Christmas lights or something, and I don't know when we're leaving, but we're going skiing sometime after Christmas...
I asked him. We're gone Tuesday through Friday!! DX This is upsetting. Are we doing any more performances? Say, a Saturday performance after the Thursday performance?

Happy Kwanzaa
HAPPY HOLIDAYS

Eep confused It was being considered but I'm not sure we will now. When Shelli gets on I'll ask her about it.

Questionable Sex Symbol

I think I may have to not do my own troupe kind of thing. Even though I would like to do it, Gaia isn't agreeing with me about setting up a house, and well. I have enough funds, but well. Yes.

So I think I'll just stick here and try to participate with you guys, rather my own. Sorry to disappoint anyone who planned on doing Avenue Q. @_ @

8,100 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
White-Out Stain
I think I may have to not do my own troupe kind of thing. Even though I would like to do it, Gaia isn't agreeing with me about setting up a house, and well. I have enough funds, but well. Yes.

So I think I'll just stick here and try to participate with you guys, rather my own. Sorry to disappoint anyone who planned on doing Avenue Q. @_ @
I have a house! I forget the address though, but my friends should know.^^ Come on, my house can be the theatre!

Edit: Only maybe, for some reason I can't edit homes.

Questionable Sex Symbol

I -- already shut everything down.
Because well.

It's a hassle.
And I feel that I would slack too much, because I have issues trying to commit to something like that and really keep up with it.

So --
Yeah.

@_ @;

8,100 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
gonk Alright....Well, there's still this theatre company.^^

Questionable Sex Symbol

Yeah.
I apologize.

And I feel kinda bad though.
Because Arqueete said something about others trying, but giving up.
And now I fall into that category.

@_ @;
White-Out Stain

Yeah.
I apologize.

@_ @;

Aw, don't worry about it. Give it some more time. Getting a house is tricky; you have to find an empty plot first--good luck at that. XD
White-Out Stain

Yeah.
I apologize.

@_ @;

It's okay. I think the problem with new theatre groups is the whole jumping into it. If I had started the GTC like this, I never would've been able to handle it and it couldn't have been succesful. It was the fact that I started this project without the idea of "starting a project" that lead to its success, I'm sure. We sort of eased into it.
Are you on the list?

I can make it tonight, but I might be about 10-15 minutes late (e.g. I'll probably miss 'No One Mourns the Wicked.') I don't know why mother decided to go to church tonight, but there is no way on God's green earth I'll be able to get out of it. ^^U

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff