Welcome to Gaia! ::

Which of these recent Tony-winning plays and musicals would you love to see Gaia-style?

Book of Mormon 0.32116788321168 32.1% [ 44 ]
Memphis 0.036496350364964 3.6% [ 5 ]
Billy Elliot 0.1021897810219 10.2% [ 14 ]
In the Heights 0.058394160583942 5.8% [ 8 ]
Spring Awakening 0.23357664233577 23.4% [ 32 ]
War Horse 0.12408759124088 12.4% [ 17 ]
Red 0.043795620437956 4.4% [ 6 ]
God of Carnage 0.043795620437956 4.4% [ 6 ]
August: Osage County 0.021897810218978 2.2% [ 3 ]
The Coast of Utopia 0.014598540145985 1.5% [ 2 ]
Total Votes:[ 137 ]
<< < 1 2 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... 708 709 710 > >> >>> »|

Yup. Lots of sex at the beginning. It's not even close to the play, but I love them both.
<//3

Sorry I wasn't at rehearsal...
I had basketball. ;-;
I've been practicing in Towns though. 3nodding I'll be at all of them now thanks to Winter Break!
R!nalda
Evan Korken
clownrus
I think I'm on time...because isnt rehearsel right now?
You're reading the book right? Is it a lot like the play?

Merry Christmas
Happy Hanukkah

EWW. So different. Not funny at all. Inappropriate, random sex scenes.
AKA, DON'T READ IT

Happy Kwanzaa
HAPPY HOLIDAYS

Why not? Because it has sex in it?
=D I got my part! NOTHING! I've been wanting that part ever since Avenue Q ended. Hopefully I get to keep this part. *looks at Shelli and Arq*
This looks interesting. o.o
R!nalda
Evan Korken
clownrus

Merry Christmas
Happy Hanukkah

AKA, DON'T READ IT

Happy Kwanzaa
HAPPY HOLIDAYS

I actually liked the book a lot, but it was REALLY different from the show. If I had to pick one, I think I'd choose the show (it's way easier to understand, for one thing), but I highly recommend them both. The book is really for more of a "grown-up" audience, though. Lots of the sexings. I read it when I was fourteen, but my parents weren't aware of the content.
[Stupid Laura]
R!nalda
Evan Korken
clownrus

Merry Christmas
Happy Hanukkah

AKA, DON'T READ IT

Happy Kwanzaa
HAPPY HOLIDAYS

I actually liked the book a lot, but it was REALLY different from the show. If I had to pick one, I think I'd choose the show (it's way easier to understand, for one thing), but I highly recommend them both. The book is really for more of a "grown-up" audience, though. Lots of the sexings. I read it when I was fourteen, but my parents weren't aware of the content.

I agree. Have you read Son of a Witch, though? I'm not entirely sure why, but I prefered that book to the novel of Wicked. (Despite the icky stuff with that one dude in the inn... that kinda freaked me out a lot.)
musicgeek
[Stupid Laura]
R!nalda
Evan Korken
clownrus

Merry Christmas
Happy Hanukkah

AKA, DON'T READ IT

Happy Kwanzaa
HAPPY HOLIDAYS

I agree. Have you read Son of a Witch, though? I'm not entirely sure why, but I prefered that book to the novel of Wicked. (Despite the icky stuff with that one dude in the inn... that kinda freaked me out a lot.)
Merry Christmas
Happy Hanukkah

I have it, don't want to read it. The part with the animal orgy... that was just TOO MUCH.

Happy Kwanzaa
HAPPY HOLIDAYS
Merry Christmas
Happy Hanukkah

:squee: Orchestra concert tonight!
:legasp: I have to be there in an hour!!!!! :runs to put on female tux:

Happy Kwanzaa
HAPPY HOLIDAYS
musicgeek
[Stupid Laura]
R!nalda
Evan Korken
clownrus

Merry Christmas
Happy Hanukkah

AKA, DON'T READ IT

Happy Kwanzaa
HAPPY HOLIDAYS

I liked Son of a Witch, but I don't think I liked it as much as Wicked. My favorite parts of the original were the bits in Shiz, and Son of a Witch was about as far from that as it was possible to get. xp I do need to reread it, though.

But OH MY GOD HE'S WRITING ANOTHER ONE. eek

And female tux is love.
<.b.e.e.l.z.e.b.u.b.> has a
devil put aside
for

Witch sex? xD I need to get that book...

me
strange random animal Boq orgy=<3
R!nalda
Merry Christmas
Happy Hanukkah

Happy Kwanzaa
HAPPY HOLIDAYS

What do you play?

Quote:
=D I got my part! NOTHING! I've been wanting that part ever since Avenue Q ended. Hopefully I get to keep this part. *looks at Shelli and Arq*

Last night, something amazing happened.

A handful of people didn't show up to rehearsal.

...and we still had enough people there for two people to sit out.

That hasn't happened since Rent!

Speaking of last night's rehearsal, it went veeery well. I sat out of the whole thing and I had pretty much nothing to say in the way of direction or changes, it's only the first rehearsal and people seem to be getting settled in their roles. Actor of the night is definately Patta, who not only, being our only Glinda, has a hell of a lot of lines, but didn't miss a line despite spilling cold soda all over himself in the middle of Popular. xd

As for the Wicked book, I have no interest in reading it myself. No one I've met who's read it seemed to particularly care for it. But, at least the Wicked fans try to read their musical's book while it seems like half the Phantom of the Opera fans don't know that there IS a book, let alone have read a good translation of it.
I <3 being Fiyero...It's my second favorite role. =) My first of course is the loveable Nickeh from AQ.

R!nalda
Merry Christmas
Happy Hanukkah

Happy Kwanzaa
HAPPY HOLIDAYS

I've been wanting to ask this for a while...o_o;;;What is the meaning of the picture on your profile?
Arqueete
R!nalda
Merry Christmas
Happy Hanukkah

Happy Kwanzaa
HAPPY HOLIDAYS

What do you play?

Quote:

Last night, something amazing happened.

A handful of people didn't show up to rehearsal.

...and we still had enough people there for two people to sit out.

That hasn't happened since Rent!

Speaking of last night's rehearsal, it went veeery well. I sat out of the whole thing and I had pretty much nothing to say in the way of direction or changes, it's only the first rehearsal and people seem to be getting settled in their roles. Actor of the night is definately Patta, who not only, being our only Glinda, has a hell of a lot of lines, but didn't miss a line despite spilling cold soda all over himself in the middle of Popular. xd

As for the Wicked book, I have no interest in reading it myself. No one I've met who's read it seemed to particularly care for it. But, at least the Wicked fans try to read their musical's book while it seems like half the Phantom of the Opera fans don't know that there IS a book, let alone have read a good translation of it.

DUDE! TOTALLY not true. It's the POTO movie fans who don't know the book exists. Trust me. I am a hardcore phan (in fact it's the one musical that beats Wicked) and Leroux's novel is one of my very favorite books. If you hit fanfiction.net and look up POTO, there's a ton of book based stuff. The REAL phans can not only sing every song by heart, but can also describe the storylines of both the novel and the musical by heart. But the real sign of a dedicated phan: they can tell you the phantom's real name.

sweatdrop Anyway... sorry about that rant. I take my Phantom a little too seriously sometimes. Do forgive me! Please? sad

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff