Welcome to Gaia! ::

Which of these recent Tony-winning plays and musicals would you love to see Gaia-style?

Book of Mormon 0.32116788321168 32.1% [ 44 ]
Memphis 0.036496350364964 3.6% [ 5 ]
Billy Elliot 0.1021897810219 10.2% [ 14 ]
In the Heights 0.058394160583942 5.8% [ 8 ]
Spring Awakening 0.23357664233577 23.4% [ 32 ]
War Horse 0.12408759124088 12.4% [ 17 ]
Red 0.043795620437956 4.4% [ 6 ]
God of Carnage 0.043795620437956 4.4% [ 6 ]
August: Osage County 0.021897810218978 2.2% [ 3 ]
The Coast of Utopia 0.014598540145985 1.5% [ 2 ]
Total Votes:[ 137 ]

Distinct Dabbler

16,000 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Team Josie 25
  • Bunny Spotter 50
sad I've only got experience directing a 20-minute excerpt of a play for a class, and a little bit of experience hosting small events on Gaia... I would definitely need help doing this if I were to take the reins. I wish there was someone who would, June's coming!
I've expressed interest in doing a show here before, when there was a lull, and I'm expressing interest again. I'm not regularly on Gaia at all anymore, but I'd really like to be a part of this. I've done a show here before as Boq in Wicked, but it got canceled halfway through. Anyway, I'd definitely be very interested in doing a show here again. If there's an audition please please contact me on facebook here: http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1646107775
The only reason I give facebook is because it's the only thing I regularly check and I'm not on Gaia anymore at all, except for this if there's an opportunity.
I was just thinking about this thing. It's been almost six years since we started.

Previously I asked if people would be interested in taking over the GTC, and there didn't seem to be enough interest. Should we, perhaps, turn discussion to giving the GTC a more fitting ending? I have an idea but I'd like to hear yours.

Dangerous Visionary

What about a play based off Gaia user experiance or Holy Musical Batman. I'm glad I found this place again. I only caught one of the shows way back when.

Aged Noob

9,200 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
So do you guts actually get anything done anymore? I have never got one single rspnse back from anyone rather I post here or send PM's. Pretty lame since all I ever did was offering free advertising through my rather large guilds.
But what ever...
*Wonders if there will be a play sometime in the future.* whee

Sparkly Prophet

6,350 Points
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
  • Wall Street 200
  • Autobiographer 200
      I hope there will be. I love theatre, and I'm disappointed to see the lack of activity going on...but everyone gets busy once in a while.

Sparkly Prophet

6,350 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Autobiographer 200
      The play I'd love to see is Suessical the Musical, or Drowsy Chaperone. It'd be so cool. Have they ever done "dancing" in one of their plays before?

Sparkly Prophet

6,350 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Autobiographer 200
Arqueete
I was just thinking about this thing. It's been almost six years since we started.

Previously I asked if people would be interested in taking over the GTC, and there didn't seem to be enough interest. Should we, perhaps, turn discussion to giving the GTC a more fitting ending? I have an idea but I'd like to hear yours.

Ending D confused
I guess it's harder now days to get interests involved in the theater. I loved to be part of the group that takes over, but then I worry that as soon as I am given participation, I will become busy suddenly. I want to see this thrive however...it was just so inspiring to see a gaia play here. I would hate to see it end. Especially with all of the knowledge. What if one were to start up again? I have so many musicals in mind that could happen!

Sorry, never introduced myself, I'm QueenMadame. Didn't mean to barge in on your conversation. I seem to stalk this thread occasionally, hoping one day another appearance might be made by the company.
QueenMadame
      I hope there will be. I love theatre, and I'm disappointed to see the lack of activity going on...but everyone gets busy once in a while.

Yeah. I enjoy the theatre also. I've seen a few plays and then while I attended college I went to every play that they had. It was fun sitting there and feeling as though what was happening was alive and that you feel as though you are somehow involved in it by sitting right there, watching as everything was happening.

I actually have a few ideas of how the GTC can be promoted and therefor revived. smile A play might be able to be done within the next few months.

Sparkly Prophet

6,350 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Autobiographer 200
Vondra
Yeah. I enjoy the theatre also. I've seen a few plays and then while I attended college I went to every play that they had. It was fun sitting there and feeling as though what was happening was alive and that you feel as though you are somehow involved in it by sitting right there, watching as everything was happening.

I actually have a few ideas of how the GTC can be promoted and therefor revived. smile A play might be able to be done within the next few months.

Perhaps something can be done then! I'm great with advertisement. I'm basically a graphic designing nutcase, so if we need any posters made or anything, I'm on it. I have several scripts from two or three plays, as well as the desire to costume design. If anything, I would be super excited to work with you on this. I would definitely love to see it come back.

I have
Suessical the Musical
Crimes of the Heart (straight play)
You Can't Take It With You

I remember most of the plays
Wicked
Drowsy Chaperone
Peter Pan

And we could always make up short skits if ever the need.

What are your ideas, if you don't mind me asking?
Madame Vita
So do you guts actually get anything done anymore? I have never got one single rspnse back from anyone rather I post here or send PM's. Pretty lame since all I ever did was offering free advertising through my rather large guilds.
But what ever...

You have to understand, this project has not actually produced any shows in something like two years. Almost none of the people who have any power in the GTC come on Gaia anymore, and any discussion about transferring leadership to someone else is slow going. It's not that we don't appreciate that you've offered us help, but as you may have seen if you read through recent pages in the thread, we are in a situation where it is difficult for us to answer PMs or posts in a timely manner and where it is difficult for us to make use of offers of advertising. I apologize if you've felt overlooked, but understand that your offers are not dismissed lightly.
QueenMadame
      The play I'd love to see is Suessical the Musical, or Drowsy Chaperone. It'd be so cool. Have they ever done "dancing" in one of their plays before?

This is Arq.

Sort of. We've done a couple "dances". It's hard to do much because you can't rely on people being able to move anything close to simultaneously, and if they have to say lines at the same time things start to move really slowly because of the multitasking. One thing I would've liked to improve about the GTC in terms of direction was how slow the shows move. I probably should've been more lenient with lines in favor of speed of lines.

I'm going to respond to your wall post from yesterday here:

Quote:
It seems that no one gets on anymore for the Theatre Company.
I was wondering, if it could be revived by a new set of crew members. Or at least have the theatre techniques be taught to other gaians, so that a new one can be born.
I'd hate to see such an interesting and cultural group sink into the shadows. I've only seen one performance ever in my life from this company, and I'm really hoping to see more.

It absolutely could still be revived, and some people have shown interest but seem afraid to commit. Here's the conditions I set down for that in February:

Quote:
So my question is, is anyone person or group of people interested in taking over running the GTC? "Running the GTC" would involve: putting together a script, planning out a reasonable schedule for the production, holding auditions, deciding on a cast, organizing and directing rehearsals, designing and procuring a set and costumes (and setting them up on mules, etc.), all advertising, and running performances. In order to ensure that any future happenings with the GTC are in its best interest, I'd have to ask that at least one person involved in a takeover of the GTC would have to have some previous involvement (e.g. as an actor) and that I will always retain the power to step in and override decisions if I feel it's necessary.

In reality, I think people who were previously heavily involved with the GTC wouldn't just throw a GTC revival out of the nest. I'd certainly be around (and I'm basically a GTC hoarder, so I have a lot of records of how we used to do things for whatever they'd be worth now-- rehearsal schedules, cast lists, rehearsal and performance videos, the edited scripts we used, etc.) But the goal would have to be getting a new group of people prepped to function on their own.

Aged Noob

9,200 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
I "have to understand"...? After all this time literally years. The first thing someone tells me is what I "have" to do... wrong answer buddy lol Good luck GTC and good bye.

[O.G.]
Madame Vita
But what ever...

You have to understand, this project has not actually produced any shows in something like two years. Almost none of the people who have any power in the GTC come on Gaia anymore, and any discussion about transferring leadership to someone else is slow going. It's not that we don't appreciate that you've offered us help, but as you may have seen if you read through recent pages in the thread, we are in a situation where it is difficult for us to answer PMs or posts in a timely manner and where it is difficult for us to make use of offers of advertising. I apologize if you've felt overlooked, but understand that your offers are not dismissed lightly.
You asked, "So, do you guys actually get anything done anymore?" I only meant to clarify that no, we haven't gotten anything done in years, and so the lack of response to your posts was from this essentially being a dead project where no one with the authority to respond to your messages could see them in a timely manner, not because anyone was trying to make you feel unappreciated or ignored. There's not much more I can say, and I'm sorry that you feel like I was rude to you.

Madame Vita
I "have to understand"...? After all this time literally years. The first thing someone tells me is what I "have" to do... wrong answer buddy lol Good luck GTC and good bye.

[O.G.]
Madame Vita
But what ever...

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff