Welcome to Gaia! ::

Which of these recent Tony-winning plays and musicals would you love to see Gaia-style?

Book of Mormon 0.32116788321168 32.1% [ 44 ]
Memphis 0.036496350364964 3.6% [ 5 ]
Billy Elliot 0.1021897810219 10.2% [ 14 ]
In the Heights 0.058394160583942 5.8% [ 8 ]
Spring Awakening 0.23357664233577 23.4% [ 32 ]
War Horse 0.12408759124088 12.4% [ 17 ]
Red 0.043795620437956 4.4% [ 6 ]
God of Carnage 0.043795620437956 4.4% [ 6 ]
August: Osage County 0.021897810218978 2.2% [ 3 ]
The Coast of Utopia 0.014598540145985 1.5% [ 2 ]
Total Votes:[ 137 ]
< 1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... 708 709 710 > >> >>> »|

[O.G.]
OKAY HERE'S THE DEAL FOLKS

In light of recent discussion, we've decided the following.

If I get two posts of agreement, we will drop all current casting decisions, auditioned and claims by former GTC members, and those that have a say in casting decisions will get together after auditions end on Monday and re-evaluate decisions.

I assure you that everyone who is already casted WILL get A role, but not necessarily the role they were given before.

We understand this is unfair to the people who were already told they were casted, however, it is also unfair to those who are auditioning Monday with the current system. We think this is the best way to deal with this.

Agreement?

Agreed. 3nodding
Uhm. May be my dyslexia acting up and all. But did you guys put the adress on the new post? I don't see it.

If I made a mistake, carry on.
Merry Christmas
Happy Hanukkah

crying I hope I get a part even though I try out on Monday... I just couldn't do it Saturday.

Happy Kwanzaa
HAPPY HOLIDAYS
dAEmoniteLlama
Uhm. May be my dyslexia acting up and all. But did you guys put the adress on the new post? I don't see it.

If I made a mistake, carry on.

Did I? Well, it's there now.
R!nalda
Merry Christmas
Happy Hanukkah

crying I hope I get a part even though I try out on Monday... I just couldn't do it Saturday.

Happy Kwanzaa
HAPPY HOLIDAYS

Silly pants. We won't give out roles offiically now until after auditions are over on Monday, so we'll take into consideration everyone we see.

In the past, we never had more auditioners than parts. I'm not sure if it'll be the same way this time, but be sure that we will do our best to do something for everyone who auditions. biggrin

3,400 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Wall Street 200
I think we should do auditions like my highschool does it, people try out for parts, then at the end of rehearsels you get an email about which part you get, most people didnt even try out for that part but they would be good at it even though they didnt try for it. I think that way works well. So you can arrange people however you like. Instead of how the people trying out want it.
clownrus
I think we should do auditions like my highschool does it, people try out for parts, then at the end of rehearsels you get an email about which part you get, most people didnt even try out for that part but they would be good at it even though they didnt try for it. I think that way works well. So you can arrange people however you like. Instead of how the people trying out want it.

I agree. I was recently in a show where I got a part I probably never would have auditioned for. However, it was so much fun! It works that way with a lot of people who try out for things; they don't always know what is best for them. It takes an outside opinion more often than not.
Hm...could it be? Is it gonna happen? Is it possible? Are there so many people who are auditioning and alternating that I might actually not be asked to perform? Wow. It's a Christmas miracle!
[O.G.]
OKAY HERE'S THE DEAL FOLKS

In light of recent discussion, we've decided the following.

If I get two posts of agreement, we will drop all current casting decisions, auditioned and claims by former GTC members, and those that have a say in casting decisions will get together after auditions end on Monday and re-evaluate decisions.

I assure you that everyone who is already casted WILL get A role, but not necessarily the role they were given before.

We understand this is unfair to the people who were already told they were casted, however, it is also unfair to those who are auditioning Monday with the current system. We think this is the best way to deal with this.

Agreement?

Even though I was casted, that seems fair.

So, agreed. <345
musicgeek
clownrus

I agree. I was recently in a show where I got a part I probably never would have auditioned for. However, it was so much fun! It works that way with a lot of people who try out for things; they don't always know what is best for them. It takes an outside opinion more often than not.

I do believe that's what we're doing. Arqueete said that those who were already casted will still be cast, though it may not be the same part they had. Also, those who audition on Monday may not get the part they audition for. It all depends on what parts we need to fill and we think the person would do in the role. We do take into consideration what you would like to do, naturally, and that plays a part as well. We do discuss it quite a bit, so don't fret. biggrin

In the past, you see, we barely had enough to fill one full cast, let alone two (since we like to have alternates). So then it really wasn't an issue, and we could generally give people the part they wanted. In many cases they wound up with two roles and they switched off. We've had to update our system due to the popularity of Wicked, and it really is a fantastic thing. biggrin

Thanks to all of you who have so much interest. This casting drama is just evidence that our little theatre company is doing the incredible and taking off, even when we're stuck in a low-traffic forum. XD
If only my real-life play wasn't getting in the way of auditioning... sweatdrop Oh well. Anyone who is doing it, break a leg!
Mn. I really hope that I can make it to auditions tonight. There is a good chance that I'll be able to, but who knows if something all of a sudden comes up. Dx I hate Mondays...
Auditions begin in five minutes! smile

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces