Welcome to Gaia! ::

I have been a member of Gaia Online since 2004, and I am wondering how the community would feel about a radio station geared towards members of the Gaia Online community. This station would focus on Japanese music (or various depending on the DJ that is on air).

http://loudcity.com/stations/gaian-radio-network

That link above points to that test stream that I have going at the moment. the idea of this would be a radio by the community, for the community and hopefully with live interviews from developers (that I think would have to be worked with)

This station would need:

Radio Broadcasters with a fairly decent sized music collection and a streaming software such as samBC, Winamp DSP plugin, ect (any software that can stream to shoutcast)

Audio Engineers (staff who create audio drops/commercials)

Web Developers (for a standalone web site that has show information, DJ profiles, radio news, ect)

So my question, how would something like this be desired within the community for Gaia Online? Do you think it would be a good idea?

Savage Sage

10,100 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Foolhardy Benefactor 500
  • Mark Twain 100
It's something that's been done before, both by Radio Gaia and Gaian Radio. It's going to be hard to get listeners though since you can't really advertise it like that, but if you're still going for it ... good luck!
Tutsumi Hy
It's something that's been done before, both by Radio Gaia and Gaian Radio. It's going to be hard to get listeners though since you can't really advertise it like that, but if you're still going for it ... good luck!

Sadly that is the issue with getting something like this going. Gaia won't let you advertise anything on this site. :<

Cluttered Gaian

I've been making Gaia-themed playlists for a couple of weeks now, hehe.
Acquiring songs and rights would be somewhat astronomical for a casual endeavor like this, and I'd be cautious of that, as well as relying too much on being able to take staff members out of the workday for interviews.
I do a fair amount of college radio right now would totally help organize and host segments, if it became feasible.

Desirable Shapeshifter

16,300 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Big Tipper 100
  • Mark Twain 100
pretty cool idea smile

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers