Welcome to Gaia! ::

Jeering Sex Symbol

wahmbulance This contest has been shut down due to lack of contestants.... Please spread the word if you stumble upon this if you'd like it to re-open in the future! wahmbulance

User Image

Will it be YOU?

Come join while you can, as this contest is Round-Based and only those to join the FIRST ROUND will be able to enter the competition!
The Contest is due to launch February 13th, so don't miss out~~

Before you consider entering, please note the following and REALLY make your commitment::

There is an entrance fee of 500 gold for every prospective contestant*
This contest may last quite a span of time, so commitment and consistency is required from all contestants
A separate recording device is needed in order to enter this competition, including a microphone and computer recorder*
All contestants must abide by Gaia ToS as well as contest rules AT ALL TIMES

If you feel you can accept these initial proposals, then by all means, LET YOUR VOICE BE HEARD!

*Will be further explained in Contest Rules and Guidelines*

Announcements

♪ 2/13/2011♪ - Contest is OPEN!!

♪ 2/10/2011 ♪ - Round One will be up to open on Sunday February 13th!!!!!

User Image
User Image

Jeering Sex Symbol

User Image

WHAT?!?!

That's right! This will be an EPIC singing contest held on Gaia, and everyone's invited!
Prizes, bragging rights, and spreading music... what more can you ask for? This is YOUR time to show your stuff and share your voice with the world of Gaia! Step out of the curtains and let your voice be heard!
I know many of you out there love to sing, and many of you have a wonderful set of vocal cords that can fly through the air and just hit everyone square in the chest and makes them say, "OMG I just heard an ANGEL!"
Whether you sound like Mariah Carey, Elton John, Beyonce, Adam Lambert, Jay Sean or Kelly Clarkson, show everyone what you've got and sing your way to the TOP!
Now's your chance!!

What do I have to do?

To enter, just do the following:

♪ PM me with your name (Gaian, unless you want to give me your real name lol), a little description of yourself, and your choice of the songs provided for Round ONE
♪ Make sure to read ALL of the Contest Rules and Guidelines
♪ Sing! Record! And upload your song to a flash player or as a downloadable MP3 file!

That's it!
Spectators and audience members are more than welcome as well, so please, invite fans to cheer you on!

For more information, please read the Contest Rules and Guidelines Below~

Are there Rules?

What contest doesn't?
Rules will vary slightly depending on the round of the competition, but general rules apply. Please make sure to read ALL the rules as listed below and follow them! Anyone who does not will not be admitted
into the contest or the contestant will be automatically disqualified!!!

Can I Vote?

The first round is the Elimination Round and will be judged solely by me.
HALF of the total entries will be chosen to continue to the Skills Round, and then the lucky few to go on to the Final Round.
The 2nd and 3rd rounds are open to public voting, so yes! You can vote for whoever you deem has the most award-able voice~
Yes, even contestants can vote for others... or even themselves!

Are there prizes?

Of course! Here are as follows::

1st Place ~The newest Thank-You Letter, the newest Evolving Item, and 10,000 gold!

2nd Place ~ One Chance Item and 10,000 gold!

3rd Place ~ One Plushie and 10,000 gold!

User ImageUser Image

Jeering Sex Symbol

User Image

Contest Rules and Guidelines

Yes yes yes, I know there are lots of rules, but hey. THAT'S the price of being in a competition! (well, in addition to the entrance fee sweatdrop ..)
But please read through them all! They are sectioned out by what you need to know, so refer back as often as you need!

General Rules

There is an entry fee of 500 gold for everyone. This is not a self-profit fee; they are for the purpose of the prizes. Remember! The more gold there is, the better prizes will be... I may even increase the prize gold to something more if I generate enough!

This is a solo contest! Though collaborative works sound wonderful, this competition is for individual singers. If you are in a band and would like to use the music of your band, you may do so, as long as there is only ONE singer. Note that it will be that sole singer who will be actually in the contest and judged!

Contest is open to the public for Round One ONLY! If you miss your opportunity, then there will be no more chances for you to enter the competition! Everyone is welcome to become audiences, so please stick around to hear the contestants sing!

You must own a microphone and have an audio mixer downloaded onto your computer. Further explained in Submission Guidelines section~

Please be aware that entries are going to be open for public hearing! So don't be shy!!

Submission Guidelines

Every submission must come directly to me via PM. Please include the following headings:
~Round #
~Title of the Song
~Length of the song
~A link to the recorded file or player

Background music is required. I will be providing the music for the first round ONLY. It is your responsibility to find and provide your own music if you make it to the Skill and Final Rounds. No A'Capellas allowed!

The timeline you have to work with is a WEEK from when the Round opens. Entries must be submitted by 11:59PM on the specified date on each round!

Songs may be submitted in .mp3 or .wav file format as a downloadable file, uploaded to a flash player, or uploaded to a flash video player (i.e. You Tube). You can also make a video of yourself singing, as long as you are not using the mic of the camera or laptop you are using to record yourself singing.

You must own your own microphone!! You cannot take a video of yourself singing using the mic of the video camera, phone, or computer mic. If you absolutely cannot get a separate headset/microphone, please PM me with a sample sound bit using whatever recording device you own, and we will go from there.

An audio mixer is NOT the sound recorder that comes on your computer. You must have the ability to mix the music background with your voice on a computer software. DO NOT record the music and yourself singing simultaneously... It just sounds horrible and the submission will not be considered. A free audio mixer that can be downloaded is the Audacity Audio Editor and Recorder.

NO SPECIAL EFFECTS ALLOWED!!! This means no auto-tuning, pitch matching, echo effects... NADA. I just want to hear YOUR voice clearly and without any sort of aid except the music itself. I will make the exception of back vocals that you record yourself singing and layer over the melody, as long as the melody is clearly heard. If I sense a hint of manipulation, you will be immediately disqualified. If you don't know how, I can teach you, so just ask!

Songs should not exceed 3 minutes in length please!

I will be posting the winning songs in the Winner's Circle once they are chosen, but if you'd like to share your creation, feel free to post a reply with a link for audience members to follow between the time you submit and the winners are chosen!

Winners will receive a special golden ticket to their PMs, so you will definitely know if you pass to the next round! Names of winners, of course, will be posted in the Winner's Circle as well, so check back often!

Please DO NOT:

troll in this thread! Be supportive of everyone please~

neglect your obligations as a contestant. Please be consistent in checking back to see if any changes or announcements have been made.

take this overly seriously. It's for fun and for sharing your talents!

take this too jokingly either. There are some seriously prizes being handed out here, and for those of us who really want it, please respect everyone!

cheat. As mentioned above, you are not allowed to manipulate your voice in any way to make yourself sound better. I want it to be as if I am right there when you sing!

Jeering Sex Symbol

User Image
Round Specifications

Here are the specifications of the Elimination, Skill, and Final Rounds! Please follow these guidelines for submitting in each round!!

User Image

OPEN TO THE PUBLIC!!

Welcome to the Elimination Round!

Here, you will get four simple, fairly well known songs to choose from to show off your talents and wonderful set of vocal cords!
Just choose a song below, click the link, download the music, and SING~
Only about
half of you will be chosen to continue to the next round, so don't hold back and show us your stuff!

♪ Lull me to bed with Brahms' Lullaby

♪ The magic of Disney is brought to life When You Wish Upon a Star

♪ For a trip down the yellow brick road, go Somewhere Over the Rainbow

♪ Visit the one who lives in Scarborough Fair

~Please cut down the length to 2 minutes or less if it is longer.
I will also make an exception on editing here; if you need to adjust the key of the song to suit your voice range better, please do so. I can also do it for you if you don't know how~

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask!!
Deadline is Feb. 28 11:59PM
Best of luck to everyone!

Contestants

CooCoo4Puffs

Jeering Sex Symbol

User Image

Coming Soon~

Contestants

Jeering Sex Symbol

User Image

Coming Soon~

Contestants

5,900 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
This thread makes me happy. sweatdrop heart In ways I cannot describe.

Jeering Sex Symbol

Sound of Wolf
This thread makes me happy. sweatdrop heart In ways I cannot describe.

Hahah i'm very glad that it does =3

Tipsy Conversationalist

13,050 Points
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Elocutionist 200
Oh, this looks like funn~ smile

5,850 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Statustician 100
hello could we maybe sing the songs on myspace kareokee and send the link or no. just wondering ^^ thanku

Jeering Sex Symbol

CooCoo4Puffs
hello could we maybe sing the songs on myspace kareokee and send the link or no. just wondering ^^ thanku

that works~ as long as it's one of the four starter ones!

5,850 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Statustician 100
eastern sunset
CooCoo4Puffs

okie great ^^ then ill enter ;3 im sending fee trade

Jeering Sex Symbol

CooCoo4Puffs
eastern sunset
CooCoo4Puffs

YAYY! My love goes out to you as the first contestant to join heart heart heart lol... though keep in mind, if I don't have enough people, I MIGHT cancel this competition all together, in which case you'll get your gold back... so spread the word!!!!

5,850 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Statustician 100
eastern sunset
CooCoo4Puffs
eastern sunset
CooCoo4Puffs

YAYY! My love goes out to you as the first contestant to join heart heart heart lol... though keep in mind, if I don't have enough people, I MIGHT cancel this competition all together, in which case you'll get your gold back... so spread the word!!!!

lol okay xD *hugs* Ill tell lots of ppl about it ^^

Jeering Sex Symbol

CooCoo4Puffs
eastern sunset
CooCoo4Puffs
eastern sunset
CooCoo4Puffs

lol okay xD *hugs* Ill tell lots of ppl about it ^^

YAYYYY thank youuuuu <3

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas