Welcome to Gaia! ::

Scholarly Storyteller

57,450 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Battle: Level 10 250
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
if you want anonymity i would make the survey on surveymonkey and pass out the link.

the only downside to SM is that IP addresses can be tracked, however free SM accounts can't see that information. you can only get up to 100 responses on a free account.

also you are probably getting -'s because your OP has no discussion points. projects like these would belong in the Gaia Community Project forum but if you add some discussion points it'll legit belong here.

Mega Noob

Wraith_92
DC-Chan
Last time I checked my worth it was somewhere around 650+mil. But I've sold a couple things, and worked with a couple things. So it's prob around 600mil now. Really not that much compared to some exchangers.

I have only one other account. It is lame, and I don't use it that often. I am 23? xd
Do the tektek thing- it is quick and will take everything into account. That way I have accurate data to work with.
You would be surprised how easily a sample mean can be thrown off by an outlier. gonk

Worth: 626,629,187

Gold on Hand: 1,801,774

Year Joined: Summer 2006?

Number of Other Accounts: 1

As I told you, my current worth is simply an average of the two numbers I gave you. cool
Wolfmier
Wraith_92
So it is too private...
I haven't been on Gaia in a while. I lost the sense of ownership people have for their accounts.
I see, and thank you for being so gracious.

No problem, and yes, you expressed it much better than me. It is indeed, information that is too private for the majority of Gaians. I would consider it similar to collecting information on people's bank balances, social security numbers, home addresses, license numbers, etc. People are very sensitive about giving out those details, and for good reason.

I definitely see the interest in wanting to get a better economic snap-shot, though. Maybe you could try doing an anonymous poll? Although you can be sure a lot of people will not answer sincerely. You also need to take into account TekTek's gross overvaluing of some items. I've seen things in my own invo overvalued by 50mil or more due to their weird way of interpreting mp prices.

I like precise information. When standard deviations and means are calculated, they require precision.
I figured people will be inaccurate enough without a general poll (especially an anonymous one- where people can easily overestimate their own worth).

Though I refuse that idea, it is actually a more successful one. Look at the successful age poll. I would probably get more results.

In this case, I am not worried about Tektek. If worth is calculated by tektek, relativity and classes still become apparent.

Do you think there is anyone asking for financial information?
Does the census require anything like that?
DC-Chan
Wraith_92
DC-Chan
Last time I checked my worth it was somewhere around 650+mil. But I've sold a couple things, and worked with a couple things. So it's prob around 600mil now. Really not that much compared to some exchangers.

I have only one other account. It is lame, and I don't use it that often. I am 23? xd
Do the tektek thing- it is quick and will take everything into account. That way I have accurate data to work with.
You would be surprised how easily a sample mean can be thrown off by an outlier. gonk

Worth: 626,629,187

Gold on Hand: 1,801,774

Year Joined: Summer 2006?

Number of Other Accounts: 1

As I told you, my current worth is simply an average of the two numbers I gave you. cool

Thank you!
Existential Existence
if you want anonymity i would make the survey on surveymonkey and pass out the link.

the only downside to SM is that IP addresses can be tracked, however free SM accounts can't see that information. you can only get up to 100 responses on a free account.

also you are probably getting -'s because your OP has no discussion points. projects like these would belong in the Gaia Community Project forum but if you add some discussion points it'll legit belong here.
Thank you!
I will have to make an edit to my main post and add discussion. I want to hit the people who would actually care to respond to this survey. In the Project forum, I get less people and less activity.

10,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Overstocked 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Wraith_92

This is off topic, but yeah, plenty of surveys and things want to know our balances and household income. But obviously you're not going to give it out.

Anyway, you do seem to be getting quite a few respondents, so I'm glad it's working out well for you. I wish you all the best with your project.~

Moonlight Hoarder

16,500 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

User Image
            User Image

Worth: 279,048,650

Gold on Hand: 155,309

Year Joined: 08/20/2007

Number of Other Accounts: 0
Wolfmier
Wraith_92

This is off topic, but yeah, plenty of surveys and things want to know our balances and household income. But obviously you're not going to give it out.

Anyway, you do seem to be getting quite a few respondents, so I'm glad it's working out well for you. I wish you all the best with your project.~
Thanks. Feel free to send your own information if you ever feel comfortable.
I can wait. I have no use for this information other than to synthesize meaningful output for you all.
If you need time to evaluate me, please take as much as you need.
It's been a pleasure!
Bluebelle Starshine

User Image
            User Image

Worth: 279,048,650

Gold on Hand: 155,309

Year Joined: 08/20/2007

Number of Other Accounts: 0
Thanks Bluebelle!

Pumpkin

Account Worth: 43,990,555 ($1,099.76 at 100,000 gold per $2.50)

Gold on Hand: 59,895,189

Year Joined:2010

Number of Other Accounts:1
I will be back in fifteen minutes. By all means, keep posting. My replies might be delayed a bit.
cookiemonster505
Account Worth: 43,990,555 ($1,099.76 at 100,000 gold per $2.50)

Gold on Hand: 59,895,189

Year Joined:2010

Number of Other Accounts:1
Thank you! Of all collected data so far, you are one of two males!
I did not expect this gender inequality.

Pumpkin

Wraith_92
No problem good luck with your survey.
Alright, I am back. I am going to go into a bit of detail about my sampling method and the manner of this research.
I'm 17. Female. I have 148,238gg at the moment. I joined around 2007? Can't remember. The account has been lost for a time. I have three other accounts. I am worth 1,586,328gg
Hope this helps c:
yum_strawberry

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas