Welcome to Gaia! ::

Cluttered Fatcat

9,250 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Market Browser 100
By the way, what about the artworks that people own? Do you think it's possible to incorporate the amount that people spend on art into the statistics? I know it sounds kind of difficult but people do spend millions of gold on commissions, and artists make millions or from doing art.

It's just an idea. ^^;
Box For Hire
I am a mule, posting for the safety of my main account and out of interest.

Gold on hand: 235,337

Year Joined: Jan. 2009

Number of other accounts: 3

Account Worth: 72,946,834 ($1,823.67 at 100,000 gold per $2.50)
Thank you!
Lockany
By the way, what about the artworks that people own? Do you think it's possible to incorporate the amount that people spend on art into the statistics? I know it sounds kind of difficult but people do spend millions of gold on commissions, and artists make millions or from doing art.

It's just an idea. ^^;
That sounds interesting, but I lack the experience in those groups to really understand it. If anyone wants to give me information- feel free to do so. If enough is collected, I can come up with statistics to help- but I am not sure how helpful I could be in this situation.
I also doubt that people keep records of their transactions on Gaia quite like you would (or should) see in personal finances.
I will look for the opportunity to, though. Thank you!
Creamy Filling
Wraith_92
Creamy Filling
Wraith_92
Creamy Filling
i joined in the middle of 07
i'm intersexed and old
worth 73,125,268
with 4.7m on hand
2 other accounts i use some.
Thank you!
You're the first person (of 14) to not provide age and gender, which is totally fine.
Let your friends know about this survey- the more the merrier (and accurate).

actually, i did provide my "gender". If you don't know what interesexed is, try HERE
I am quite familiar with intersex.
Allow me to make an anthropological distinction here:
When I ask for gender, I am really asking for your sex (a biological factor).
I am not asking for your cultural identity, I want to know what your chromosomes say.
What be your chromosomes?

you are obviously not as familiar as you think. you should maybe actually read the page i linked to.
Sex is not determined alone by genitals.
http://www.isna.org/faq/what_is_intersex
Intersex is a socially constructed category that reflects real biological variation.

Again, I am not looking for social definitions. I am looking for XX or XY.
Biological variation does exist, but chromosomal variation still leaves room for definition of sex.
e.g. XXY is definitely male, XXX is definitely female, and X is definitely female.

Please read my comments before insisting that I am the bigot here.
I am familiar with intersex because I spent time and efforts to support gay rights and the rights to sexual identity and diversity. I live in the south, and there is a lot of violence for people who are different. I have spent time with all kinds of people, I have studied the biological variations on sex, and I have studied the social identities people have taken on. Most commonly I see people who undergo hormone therapy to change their biology to match their social identity.

In any case, yes- I am quite familiar with intersex. Nonetheless, I am collecting data about sex (and not necessarily gender).
Does this make sense?
MrsrachaelSnape

No you leave no discussion in your OP.
I see no reason to argue with this. The point of the thread is not discussion- though discussion would be nice.
A moderator agreed with you and moved this thread. sweatdrop
So sorry to be trolling your GCD.
I was just wondering why you didn't include my stats? I noticed when I saw your max for worth was 626mil. I was kind of disappointed by that, since I took the time to do the tektek worth and all. Is it because you don't want to include exchangers in the survey? If so, I think this will be a less realistic snapshot of wealth on the site.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff