Gold on Hand: 7,408
Year Joined: 09.20.08
Number of Other Accounts: 14
Account Worth: 2,912,593

Invisible Cat

Gold on Hand: 62,533 I'm rich cool

Year Joined: 2007

Number of Other Accounts: too many

I don't trust tektek the numbers are never right. I'm not rich nor am I poor.
meep12345
Wraith_92
meep12345
Total Account Worth: Enough cat_lol

Age: I am 210,642,700 seconds, and counting, old cat_3nodding

Gold on Hand: None, DUH... I keep mine in the bank cat_rofl

Year Joined: 12 million B.C. cat_burning_eyes

Number of Other Accounts: User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

...I always wonder what inspires people to create such purposeful looking, yet purposeless, statistics? Must they drain all the colours, emotions, and poetry from what little joy in life we have? Dareth I to question their insatiable desire to quantify the universe into a bland array of algorithmic, non-existent numbers? Poor be the spirit of such a soul, who must quantitate all alive... Life is not Chaos; Chaos is life...
I am not going to add your information. It is invalid.

Thats fine... I mean, its not like I was expecting you to cat_rolleyes
It's just that I absolutely hate statistics, especially ones that release data early on without (better) clarifications for why they're doing so AND for not (better) clarifying why they would need such statistics in the first place either cat_stare

I released early statistics because people wanted me to.
There is no need here- I am a user who wants to do this. Unlike you, I find this interesting.
I don't see why you hate statistics, unless you are one of those typical kiddies who insists that statistics can prove anything and that they cannot be relied on to make conclusions.
You should really look into taking a stats class- there are valid methods to sampling and processing data to produce meaningful data.

tl;dr
I am having fun, stop trolling.
Statistics can be valid.
ROMVLVS
Wraith_92
ROMVLVS
I'm going to take a stab at the averages for fun.

Average worth: probably around 40-60 mil.
Average gold on hand: probably 1 mil, because there are exchangers with s**t tons of money, but I think the average person probably has about 300K on them at most times.
Average year joined: 2007
Average age: 20
Average number of accounts: 4

Your average of worth is a little low. 100mil sounds likelier at this point. That''s not to say you aren't right- we are all just stabbing in the dark. So far my average (of 23 participants) is 140mil worth.

Gold on hand is around 6mil, but it might go down to 1mil.

I think you are dead on with year joined and age. Both of those data sets are qualitative, so I will have to treat them differently.

I think average extra accounts will be around 3, but 4 might be right.

Thanks for your thoughts!

You have 23 people, and you honestly expect that your figures are anywhere near accurate?

You also have to take into account newbies, and the fact that most people don't carry gold. Right now your figures are eschewed by a couple of high end exchangers, but relatively no newbs. On a site where there are 30,000 active users at almost any given time you can't assume you have any sort of semblance to an average with 30 people, you're going to need at least 1,000.

Also, making this in the GCD isn't going to get you an average Gaian. By matter of wealth to other forums, the GCD is one of the wealthiest. We're Gaia's country club, because you don't start posting here when you join, because RIG lists and EI discussion really doesn't matter to people who can't afford MCs.

I guarantee you there are people on this site who think 50K is a lot of gold, and in the GCD you won't find them, and I also guarantee you that they outnumber the people with over 100 mil.

Good luck!
I completely agree with you.
I am trying to wrangle in people from other discussion boards. The CB thinks I am a fool. GD and ED entirely ignored me. GCD are the few to actually respond- perhaps because they care so much about themselves.
I will never feel comfortable claiming my results are accurate- they are voluntary-response. No conclusions should be made off what I gather.
Nonetheless, it is the only way I can go about it. I am still going to try.
MrsrachaelSnape

Answers like old, too many, and rich are a waste of time. Just don't add what you aren't going to answer.
Nonetheless, thanks for the contribution.
uij
Gold on Hand: 7,408
Year Joined: 09.20.08
Number of Other Accounts: 14
Account Worth: 2,912,593
Thanks, m'dear.

Invisible Cat

Wraith_92
MrsrachaelSnape

Answers like old, too many, and rich are a waste of time. Just don't add what you aren't going to answer.

Really you honestly think many will tell the truth? I still don't see the point of this topic where the discussion?
MrsrachaelSnape
Wraith_92
MrsrachaelSnape

Really you honestly think many will tell the truth? I still don't see the point of this topic where the discussion?
Yes. I think people who participate mostly tell the truth.
That's all I can do.

Discussion seems to be the single greatest criticism of this thread.
No discussion exists because people don't like to actively engage in discussing statistics for too long.
I guess people who don't want to be here leave soon enough, and people with vested interest subscribe to check up on things.

Invisible Cat

Wraith_92
MrsrachaelSnape
Wraith_92
MrsrachaelSnape

Yes. I think people who participate mostly tell the truth.
That's all I can do.

Discussion seems to be the single greatest criticism of this thread.
No discussion exists because people don't like to actively engage in discussing statistics for too long.
I guess people who don't want to be here leave soon enough, and people with vested interest subscribe to check up on things.

No you leave no discussion in your OP.
Total Account Worth: too difficult to assess correctly but ~15-20b
Gold on Hand: ~150m
Year Joined: 2003
Number of Other Accounts: 4 with this one created specifically to post here (it should be quite obvious why).

There, I'm glad I could totally unbalance your stats. Buhbaii
Got to go again. I updated values on front page.

Noob

I am a mule, posting for the safety of my main account and out of interest.

Gold on hand: 235,337

Year Joined: Jan. 2009

Number of other accounts: 3

Account Worth: 72,946,834 ($1,823.67 at 100,000 gold per $2.50)

Witty Smoker

Fluffy Treat

Wraith_92
Creamy Filling
Wraith_92
Creamy Filling
i joined in the middle of 07
i'm intersexed and old
worth 73,125,268
with 4.7m on hand
2 other accounts i use some.
Thank you!
You're the first person (of 14) to not provide age and gender, which is totally fine.
Let your friends know about this survey- the more the merrier (and accurate).

actually, i did provide my "gender". If you don't know what interesexed is, try HERE
I am quite familiar with intersex.
Allow me to make an anthropological distinction here:
When I ask for gender, I am really asking for your sex (a biological factor).
I am not asking for your cultural identity, I want to know what your chromosomes say.
What be your chromosomes?

you are obviously not as familiar as you think. you should maybe actually read the page i linked to.

In a relationship with Redstar Galaxy

Wistful Fairy

42,740 Points
  • Shady Hands Squad 250
  • Gaia Merch Box Achievement 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
Wraith_92
meep12345
Wraith_92
meep12345
Total Account Worth: Enough cat_lol

Age: I am 210,642,700 seconds, and counting, old cat_3nodding

Gold on Hand: None, DUH... I keep mine in the bank cat_rofl

Year Joined: 12 million B.C. cat_burning_eyes

Number of Other Accounts: User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

...I always wonder what inspires people to create such purposeful looking, yet purposeless, statistics? Must they drain all the colours, emotions, and poetry from what little joy in life we have? Dareth I to question their insatiable desire to quantify the universe into a bland array of algorithmic, non-existent numbers? Poor be the spirit of such a soul, who must quantitate all alive... Life is not Chaos; Chaos is life...
I am not going to add your information. It is invalid.

Thats fine... I mean, its not like I was expecting you to cat_rolleyes
It's just that I absolutely hate statistics, especially ones that release data early on without (better) clarifications for why they're doing so AND for not (better) clarifying why they would need such statistics in the first place either cat_stare

I released early statistics because people wanted me to.
There is no need here- I am a user who wants to do this. Unlike you, I find this interesting.
I don't see why you hate statistics, unless you are one of those typical kiddies who insists that statistics can prove anything and that they cannot be relied on to make conclusions.
You should really look into taking a stats class- there are valid methods to sampling and processing data to produce meaningful data.

tl;dr
I am having fun, stop trolling.
Statistics can be valid.

First off, I'm not trolling, I'm stating a fact that you're too immature to handle cat_rolleyes
I mean....

A) You provide NO real discussion AND are critical of anyone who points out how you LACK the necessary clarity AND clarifications to justify doing something like this cat_mad

AND...

2) You are also SO, SO freekin' stereotypical of someone doing statistics, because you take in NO consideration for people who are not within your tiny little box of acceptable answers, making you not only the most insensitive/uninformed b-word possible, but it also makes your statistics biased, flawed, and marred (aka unusable/unreliable); Basically, you're the little kiddy in your example above cat_rofl

tl;dr
Try going to college FIRST cat_wink

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas