Welcome to Gaia! ::

For those who want to create laughter
For those who want to be known as comedic geniuses
For those who want fame
For those who want to be part of something big
For those who want a great time

I present to you, members of Gaia Online, a soon to be hilarious and amazing event, with your help of course.

Gaia Comdey Festival 2006-2007

User Image

Table of Contents

1. What is Gaia Comedy Festival 2006-2007?
2. How do I sign up?
3. The Rules
4. Head Manager/Co-Managers/Judges
5. Comedians/Auditions
6. Schedule
7. Hall of Fame
What is Gaia Comedy Festival 2006-2007?

That's a good question. First let me tell you how it began. Its actually a very short story. I was watching one of my favorite comedians, Ron White, and this idea hit me. You see I love comedy. Its a great thing. Anyways I though, why not let people, likeme, who love comedy show off their comedic talents? I came up with this Gaia Comedy Festival 2006-2007.

Now to answer that big question i'm sure you readers are wondering. The Gaia Comedy Festival is a chance for all you hidden comedians out there to show off your greatest jokes and stand-up acts. It's a chance to express yourself through comedy. Wow that was quite cheesy. Anyways, what we will do is go around the spots of Gaia Town and hold some shows. If this goes well we can hit the biggest spot in Gaia for the biggest show. Gaia 1,000, square 5. This is a chance for you to hang out with other talents and have a great time doing the shows. If your dedicated enough, then come on and try out. Auditions will be the first step (and getting co-managers). I'll get into that later in the topic. If I have sparked a little interest in you, keep on reading. You won't be dissapointed.
How do I Sign Up?

Well here is where it gets good. I'll need to break this down into sections.

How do I Sign-Up to be a Co-Manager?
Very simple. Send me a PM with the title of "Co-Manager" and I will interview you to see if I can trust you enough to handle this thing. I'll only need 4 Co-Managers MAX and maybe 2 back-ups. Thats only if the event gets big.

What is the Co-Managers Job?
Let me get this straight. You'll need to be a bit active. Make sure you are on ATLEAST 3 times a week and have enough time for scheduled events. If you give me a good reason for being away, i'll understand. I'll be gone for most of Thanksgiving week. Your job is to deal with auditioneers if i'm too busy and help organize the events. You need to be organized. If i'm gone it's up to you all to takeover while i'm away. Easy enough, right? Good. Cmon and sign-up.

How do I Sign-Up to be a Judge?
Send me a PM with the title "Judge" and i'll interview you. I'll need 3-5 judges and maybe a few backups. Onto what you comic critics get to
do.

What is the Judges Job?
To be blunt, to judge! You are the comic critics. You decide if an auditioneer gets in the shows or not. You guys have a VERY important job. You need to be mature, patient, understanding, and open to others opinions. If I think you can't handle, your out. Don't hold grudges against anyone. There will be some jack asses who won't accept your rejection, but please be mature about these situations. I'm looking forward to seeing a Simon in the group. Yeah well anyways cmon and sign-up. You guys get to see the new recruits.

How do I Sign-Up for an Audition?
This is important so listen carefully. If you want an audition, PM me or a co-manager with the title "Audition". Make sure you tell me if you want to be a short, medium, or long time act(Details on that Later). I will give you specific details on the next step when you sign-up.

What is the Comedians Job?
First off, you become a certified comedian in this event if the judges accept you, unless we get too many, but I don't think we have to worry about that. You participate in the shows. You tell the jokes. Your the heart of the comedy tour. You also need to be on at the appropraite times. Now there are three types of comedians. Here they are.

Short Time- You come out and tell around 3-5 good jokes. You warm up the crowd. Your not un-important. You are equal to the rest of the comedians.

Medium Time- You basically get a 5 minute stand up act and work your comedy into those 5 mintues. This is basically half of the Long Time job.

Long Time- You get 10-18 minutes for your own stand-up act. I'm hoping to see good Long time acts. Set out you own time limit if you want, as long as its not too looong. That explains the jobs. Apply for the one you want. Cmon give it a shot.
The Rules

1. Stay active. Please be on at the right times, depending on your job. If you aren't, your out of the job.
2. Be mature. Not everyone may like your jokes, but just keep going with your act. Don't let others drag you down.
3. Don't steal jokes from stand-up acts, like the ones on TV.
4. Make sure you have good grammar if you want to be a comedian. Be litterate.
5. Don't spam this topic!
6. Make sure you do your job right. Anyone who helps will be recognized.
Head Manger/Co-Manager/Judges

Head Manager-Takumura
Co-Managers-
-Jake Dillinger III
-
-
-
Judges-
-kiisu033
-
-
-
Comedians/Auditioneers

Comedians
Short Time-N/A
Medium Time-N/A
Long Time-N/A

Auditioneers-N/A
Schedule

Show Times and Locations-N/A
Audition Times and Locations-N/A

Ammatuer Show, Everyone is Invited:Saturday Nov. 11-7:30-10:30 P.M. (Eastern Time) Location-001170 Block 2. Judges will be there to find a few good acts. Ill be there too of course. Lets let this be a great start!

More auditions and things will be scheduled later.
Hall of Fame

This will be for all the people who stuck around and have helped us. What an honor!
Well friends lets use this topic to discuss. I'll take any Comments or Criticism. Lets make this one of the most hilarious events on Gaia!

~Takumura
Chagned it from Tour to Festival. Festival sounds more attractive. Anyways i'll have the location for all auditions up very soon. I'm think about moving it to Dark Star Bar. I'll keep you all posted. I have someone making a banner for this occasion so we will have a nice little banner very soon.

~Takumura
Ok people we need two more things moved into this production. Also congradulations to Jake Dillinger III for making the job as 1st Co-Manager. Anyways we need

A. Someone who can fund this festival. If you have lots of spare money we need your help. Also if you have your own house, we would be VERY VERY greatful if you let us use it for business matters.

B. Advertisers. Cmon we need to get the word out that the Gaia Comedy Festival is here. Tell your friends, make sure they tell their freinds, and so on. We can't do this without letting our name be known.

~Takumura
GOOD NEWS:
Sicrosis has let us host an event at his Dark Star Bar/001170 Block 2
. Cmon and join and we will have an ammatuer comedian show.

~Takumura
I'm proud to announce we have our first judge, kiisu033. Hope to see ya at the show Kissu.

~Takumura
Please Call Me Kiisu And Il Be Wating To Judge A Few Comedians smile

-Kiisu033
User ImageZoroxSanji
I swear i will finish the banner soon.
-good thing i came by. otherwise i would have put "Tour" in it. D:
and that would have screwed up the whole banner.-
User ImageOne Piece

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff