Welcome to Gaia! ::

Update! Two new vendors have been added to the list! Please visit their shops to show your support...

Novice Writer

25,275 Points
  • A Novel Idea 0
  • Tree's the Season 100
  • Generous 100
Hey everyone! A new banner has been made to advertise the festival. If you want to snag it to advertise the festival, by all means go ahead.

The code has already been provided. biggrin

Sarcastic Prophet

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Hi Hannah! Will you be seeking a Spotlight on Gaia's homepage of the Festival, by any chance?

Novice Writer

25,275 Points
  • A Novel Idea 0
  • Tree's the Season 100
  • Generous 100
Ebony the Peacian

I sent my festival to the community spotlight group/panel to see if they're willing to spotlight this event. I haven't got an e-mail / PM back saying they'll spotlight the event or not.

I hope they do, but so far, no word if they'll do it or not.

Sarcastic Prophet

Hannah Yeager
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Good to know! The NSTG usually has its summer event in August, and we will be seeking a Spotlight for the first week of the event; we just want to plan accordingly with other big event hosts on Gaia to make sure we're not overlapping with anybody, y'know? ^__^

Novice Writer

25,275 Points
  • A Novel Idea 0
  • Tree's the Season 100
  • Generous 100
Ebony the Peacian

Another issue is that the user-run ball is going to end around the same time my Bon Festival starts. So that is also creating conflict of interest.

I haven't set a specific time on when the opening ceremonies for the festival take place. But it will most likely be after noon.

Sarcastic Prophet

Hannah Yeager
Another issue is that the user-run ball is going to end around the same time my Bon Festival starts. So that is also creating conflict of interest.

I haven't set a specific time on when the opening ceremonies for the festival take place. But it will most likely be after noon.

Oh, goodness -- I haven't even thought about the Ball. cat_surprised

What we might do is move our event to late August, as I do not believe we will be stepping on anyone's toes then. But it all depends on when my Crew are able to be present and active.

Novice Writer

25,275 Points
  • A Novel Idea 0
  • Tree's the Season 100
  • Generous 100
Ebony the Peacian

Well, the issue with your group's event is that if you want to hold off your event until after mine, you will need to sell your reasoning to the group. Meaning, you may have to link my festival into your guild and let them decide if - based off the merits of my event - that your event be postponed.

You can do that by taking a banner, but just be prepared to ask questions and plead your case. If you can't, your guild won't buy your reasoning.

Sarcastic Prophet

Hannah Yeager
Well, the issue with your group's event is that if you want to hold off your event until after mine, you will need to sell your reasoning to the group. Meaning, you may have to link my festival into your guild and let them decide if - based off the merits of my event - that your event be postponed.

You can do that by taking a banner, but just be prepared to ask questions and plead your case. If you can't, your guild won't buy your reasoning.

We don't have a schedule set in stone, and I've only heard requests to refrain from scheduling the event during the first week of August. Our Crew is very family-like -- no need to plead a case, just have a round-table discussion, haha. But thank you for your concern! And yes, based on the merits of your wonderful Festival, it is worth working around, in my opinion.

Novice Writer

25,275 Points
  • A Novel Idea 0
  • Tree's the Season 100
  • Generous 100
Ebony the Peacian

Round table is fine. I'm just saying you might want to snag a banner for that round table talk so other guild memebers can look at this thread and decide on their own.

Besides, my event won't start until the 13th of August. That's at least the second or third week in the month of August.

Sarcastic Prophet

Hannah Yeager
Round table is fine. I'm just saying you might want to snag a banner for that round table talk so other guild memebers can look at this thread and decide on their own.

Besides, my event won't start until the 13th of August. That's at least the second or third week in the month of August.

Of course! I linked them to this thread. smile

My suggestion for the NSTG is that we run the event from the 19th until September 4th, which is two and a half weeks, approximately. We'll see what they have to say.

Novice Writer

25,275 Points
  • A Novel Idea 0
  • Tree's the Season 100
  • Generous 100
Ebony the Peacian

Good luck with your event. I hope you get a huge turnout.

Novice Writer

25,275 Points
  • A Novel Idea 0
  • Tree's the Season 100
  • Generous 100
Good news everyone! We now have an offical traditional clothing outfitter to help those look for outfits for the festival!

Please visit the Marketplace Shops of Lady Amarante Maruyama and Lord Fujiwara for all your traditional clothing needs! whee
I'm sorry but I completely forgot about this and I deleted my progress on it, I won;t have enough time to remake it so can you remove me from the sponsors list? If not I could rig up a small animation of just a boat saying farewell, but that's it

Novice Writer

25,275 Points
  • A Novel Idea 0
  • Tree's the Season 100
  • Generous 100
Sindeyella

If you could do something small, like say a floating paper lantern glowing in the hand of a person's avatar, that would be fine.

You can even say what hand poses you want the avatar to be in.

Edit - You can also do something quick, like take one of the paper lanterns from Global Imports and have the lantern light flicker. Or take the goldfish in a bag and have the goldfish swim around in the bag, blow air bubbles, etc.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff