Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Festival is open! The main RPing won't start until 5:00 PM EST, so enter the festival, light a candle, and do some shopping before the main RP Event!

Main Festival Thread

Guild Main Page

Bon Festival Shopping

Bon Chatterbox

User Image
Welcome to The Sixth Annual Gaian Bon Festival! I am your host, Hannah Yeager, and to save some time this year, I have created a mule for this wonderful event.

If you would like to know what is Bon and this year's festivities, please continue reading the front page. If you have a question that is not answered in this thread, please PM I am the Bon Festival and I will get to you promptly.
User Image
    User Image First Post
    User Image Table of Contents <------ You are here
    User Image News
    User Image What is Bon
    User Image Rules of Bon
    User Image List of the Dead
    User Image St. Francis' Keep
    User Image Stories of the Dead
    User Image Dress Code
    User Image Tickets
    User Image Shopping
    User Image FAQ
    User Image Links In
    User Image Links Out
    User Image Reserved
    User Image Open
User Image
    User Image Re-designing the thread due to a cultural error on my part. Will be back shortly!
    User Image Thanks to the keen eye of replicated marchen the correct type of banners were put up for the festival. I hope you like the new layout. wink
    User Image I have no word on if I will get a forum for my festival this year or if we need to hold the event in a guild. I'm hoping for a forum. Wish me luck in getting a forum.
    User Image We have two official outfitters for the event! If you want to buy a preferred outfit set, please go to the Official Male Festival Outfits and Official Female Festival Outfits section of the Gaia Marketplace!
    User Image The Newbie Supporting and Training Guild is having a charity event for the festival. Please click on the provided link and take a look around. Also remember that you must follow their rules in order to obtain a Kimono, Furisode, Yukata, or other preferred outfit.

Here is the link to the thread: http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?t=22972125
User Image
According to wikipedia...

What is the Bon Festival
Obon (お盆?) or just Bon (盆?) is a Japanese Buddhist custom to honor the deceased spirits of one's ancestors. This Buddhist custom has evolved into a family reunion holiday during which people return to ancestral family places and visit and clean their ancestors' graves, and when the spirits of ancestors are supposed to revisit the household altars. It has been celebrated in Japan for more than 500 years and traditionally includes a dance, known as Bon Odori.

The festival of Obon lasts for three days; however its starting date varies within different regions of Japan. When the lunar calendar was changed to the Gregorian calendar at the beginning of the Meiji era, the localities in Japan reacted differently and this resulted in three different times of Obon. "Shichigatsu Bon" or Bon in July, is based on the solar calendar and is celebrated around 15 July in eastern Japan areas such as Tokyo, Yokohama and the Tohoku region), coinciding with Chūgen. "Hachigatsu Bon" or Bon in August, is based on the solar calendar, is celebrated around the 15th of August and is the most commonly celebrated time. "Kyu Bon" or Old Bon, is celebrated on the 15th day of the seventh month of the lunar calendar, and so differs each year. "Kyu Bon" is celebrated in areas like the northern part of the Kantō region, such as Chūgoku, Shikoku, and the Southwestern islands. These three days are not listed as public holidays but it is customary that people are given leave.

Traditional Origin of Bon
Obon is a shortened form of "Ullambana." (Japanese: 于蘭盆會 or 盂蘭盆會, urabon'e) It is Sanskrit for "hanging upside down" and implies great suffering. The Japanese believe they should ameliorate the suffering of the "Urabanna."

Bon Odori or Bon Dance, originates from the story of Maha Maudgalyayana, known is Japan as Mokuren. A disciple of the Buddha, who used his supernatural powers to look upon his deceased mother. He discovered she had fallen into the Realm of Hungry Ghosts and was suffering. Greatly disturbed, he went to the Buddha and asked how he could release his mother from this realm. Buddha instructed him to make offerings to the many Buddhist monks who had just completed their summer retreat, on the fifteenth day of the seventh month. The disciple did this and, thus, saw his mother's release. He also began to see the true nature of her past unselfishness and the many sacrifices that she had made for him. The disciple, happy because of his mother's release and grateful for his mother's kindness, danced with joy. From this dance of joy comes Bon Odori or "Bon Dance," a time in which ancestors and their sacrifices are remembered and appreciated.

As Obon occurs in the heat of the summer, participants traditionally wear yukata, or light cotton kimonos. Many Obon celebrations include a huge carnival with rides, games, and summer festival food like watermelon.

The festival ends with Toro Nagashi, or the floating of lanterns. Paper lanterns are illuminated and then floated down rivers symbolically signaling the ancestral spirits' return to the world of the dead. This ceremony usually culminates in a fireworks display.

What will take place at the Gaian Bon Festival
Like in years previous, this festival is to celebrate the return of the dead. However, we are not limiting the return of just family members, but deceased friends, pets, and all those who are not related by blood who have made a huge impact in our lives.

As with the other years, this will be a role-playing event including vendors selling Bon-themed items such as floating paper lanterns, Japanese Food, and more. Please note that there will be a dress code that you MUST obey. If you have someone special and/or a special pet you want to remember this year, by all means send a PM to I am the Bon Festival using the forms in each respective section.
User Image
I know we don't care for rules, but they are needed to keep this festival from becoming a mess. I expect all these rules to be followed. If you break the rules, you lose your right to join the festival!

General Rules of Bon
    User Image ALL of Gaia's site rules and regulations must be obeyed! This means the ToS, User Agreement, Forum Rules, Sub-Forum Rules, and Registered Guild Rules. If you can't obey them, what makes me think you'll obey my rules?

User Image DO NOT QUOTE ANY PART OF THE FIRST PAGE! Doing so will result in a warning.

User Image THERE WILL BE NO BASHING, FLAMING, MOCKING, OR ANY GENERAL RUDENESS TO ANYONE'S DECEASED FAMILY MEMBERS, PETS, AND/OR THEIR STORIES! Doing any of that is an automatic ban from the festival and will get you handed over to the dead person's family/friends. If they kill you for the insult, it's not my fault.

User Image I don't care how much you love your sword, katana, club, whip, etc. ALL WEAPONS ARE BANNED DURING THIS FESTIVAL! If I see you walk into the festival grounds with a weapon, you will be asked to remove it. The only exception will be if the weapon has a jewelry pose. Then, and only then, can it be worn. However, the jewelry cannot be taken off an used as a weapon.

User Image If you wish to send in a loved ones name, a pet's name, or a story of a dead loved one, please PM I am the Bon Festival. Do not send Hannah Yeager a PM at all.

User Image For those sending in names and stories. Please only share information you are comfortable telling. I have had stories/names where people have died violent deaths. While this is a festival to share memories, please remember that not everyone dies a peaceful death.

User Image This is going to be the hardest rule, but it's the most important. When it comes time for the Toro Nagashi Ceremony, you cannot keep your dead loved ones in this world. They must go back to their own world. I understand that watching a loved one leave is hard, but think about what this world gave them and why they died. It is selfish and against the natural law of the universe to keep the dead in our world. Anyone preventing the dead from returning to their world will be restrained by the moderators as I personally send them off back to the land of the dead.

User Image Yes, there will be a dress code. And yes, you must obey it.

User Image This festival is free of charge. If you wish to join in this festival, by all means grab a ticket.

User Image This festival will take place in a guild and/or maybe in a forum. Until I get a final answer, you may have to follow the rules of Gaia's Registered Forums. I will keep everyone updated on the issue.

User Image This thread runs on a "three strikes you're out" policy. If you do something against the rules, it's a warning. The second time you do it, it's another warning. The third time you do it, you will be banned from the festival.

User Image If this thread becomes popular enough, I may appoint moderators to look out for the place while I am away. You MUST obey them as you would me!

User Image In the past, some users have decide to raffle off Kimono/Yukata/Furisode/etc. for the festival. Please note that NONE these raffles are endorsed by The Sixth Annual Gaian Bon Festival and that if you join a raffle, you do so at your own risk. If you see someone scamming another person out of gold in the guise of a raffle for the event, please PM the correct moderator and fill out a scamming report.

User Image Rules may be added or changed as I and the moderators see fit.

Raffle Rules for Bon
If someone wishes to hold a raffle for the Bon Festival, please note two things...

User Image If you are caught scamming anyone, I will not defend you from the moderators. I will simply sit back and watch them ban you.

User Image If you still wish to hold a raffle, you MUST use the following disclaimer. If you do not use it, I will come into your thread and demand that you use the disclaimer. Here it is below:

[b]Disclaimer[/b] - This raffle is not an offical event held by [b]The Sixth Annual Gaian Bon Festival[/b]. I realize that this raffle is set up on my own. If I am caught scamming other users, I will accept any and all punishment from the moderators per Gaia Online's Terms of Service and User Agreement.

Vendor Rules of Bon
    User Image A vendor is a person I personally PM to sell a limited for the festival. Other users may sell art, freebies, or other limiteds, but only a vendor will recieve a Vendor's Pass.

User Image Vendors must sell Bon-themed limiteds. This includes Yukata/Kimono avatar edits, Japanese-themed items, and post importantly, floating paper lanterns. Anyone willing to sell floating paper lanterns, please PM I am the Bon Festival with samples. If I find someone else to sell floating paper lanterns, I will post it in this thread.

User Image Vendors keep 100% of their profits. I keep 0% total.

User Image Vendors will set up their wares in a thread run by them. I take no part in how they run their shop. I trust that a vendor knows how to run their shop better than me.

User Image Within a vendor's shop, his/her rules are law! If they tell you to fill out a form and post an order, do it! If they tell you to PM an order, do it! If someone complains to me that they didn't get an item, and the vendor says they didn't follow his/her rules, I am going to side with the vendor.

User Image Vendors, if I get a PM saying you are selling stolen merchandise, I will ask a site moderator to delete the shop thread and ban that person from the festival. If you have to answer to site moderators for stolen goods, I'm not saving your a**.
User Image

Below is The List of the Dead. In simple terms, this is the list of honored guests who will be joining us from the land of the dead. If you wish to add a loved one to the list, please PM I am the Bon Festival with the filled out form below.

User Image Name of deceased loved one -
    User Image Relation to you -

[list][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v31/Jessie05/Bon Festival/2nhmia1.png[/IMG] [b]Name of deceased loved one[/b] -
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v31/Jessie05/Bon Festival/2nhmia1.png[/IMG] [b]Relation to you[/b] - [/list][/color]

Sample
    User Image Name of deceased loved one - Barbara Ann Yeager
    User Image Relation to you - Mother to Hannah Yeager

Please note that the last day to add someone to the list of the dead is August 11, 2012. Also note that if your loved is not on the list, that doesn't mean he/she won't return to visit you when we roleplay. The guest list is a place of honor for those who have died. All the dead are welcome to the festival when we roleplay - just as the living are included as well.

Now, with that out of the way, here is the list of honored guests...

The Guest List
    User Image Barbara Ann Yeager - Mother of Hannah Yeager
    User Image Joseph Francis Furio - Grandfather of Hannah Yeager
    User Image May - Grandmother of Angelic iGirl
    User Image Ama - Grandfather of Original_Succubus
    User Image Sandra Eggelston - Grandmother of Kez Mani
    User Image Richard Firman - Great-Uncle of Kez Mani
    User Image Elleen McGovern - Godmother of Pheonwings
    User Image Arvid - Grandfather of The Witch Aryllia
    User Image Donald P. Propst - Grandfather of emerald greenleaf
    User Image Lavonne Propst - Grandmother of emerald greenleaf
    User Image Stella Bernice Hartman - Grandmother of Lexie Kitten
    User Image Richard Hartline - Grandfather of Tempest Lorelay
    User Image Teddy Billings - Grandpa of i_eated_ur_cookies123
    User Image Neil Wright - Grandfather of kawaiifreak92
    User Image Ronald Helminiak - Grandfather of kawaiifreak92
    User Image Kiet Quoc Tran - Father of KuroGetsuKoneko
    User Image Joan Osborne - Grandmother of Chrissy Osborne
    User Image William Cox, 'Uncle Billy' - Uncle of ZombieTifa 18
    User Image Trudy Sydelle Levenson - Mother of Storm
    User Image Scott Leventhal - Love of Storm
    User Image Joseph Cabrera - Fiancee of Abnormal Alexandria
    User Image Martin Hernandez - Grandfather of VocaloidMikuFan
    User Image August Smith - Ex-girlfriend of Sam-Kitsune
    User Image Danny - Grandfather of BunnyLovesChoo
    User Image Honda Yoshiki - Father of little mochizuki
    User Image Ngun Chun Liu - Great-Grandmother of [ mochi ]
    User Image Greg Cox - Father of DieKraft Fe-Amon
    User Image Barb - Grandmother of PatBenatar1
    User Image Phyllis - Great-Grandmother of PatBenatar1
    User Image Suzanne - Mother of Jalin Taiga
    User Image Evangelia Kantartzi - Grandmother of cookie4allbymarilia
    User Image Christopher Macyntire - Friend of melberry12
    User Image Flora Storrs - Grandmother of melberry12
    User Image Sarah Suzz - Sister of melberry12
    User Image Judy Crow Ligget - Grandmother of Vierna_Sterline
    User Image Allen Crow - Grandfather of Vierna_Sterline
    User Image Brenda Johnson - Great Aunt of Vierna_Sterline
    User Image Hilda M. W. - Cousin of SarahNibbles
    User Image Joseph W. - Grandfather of SarahNibbles
    User Image Cass W. - Aunt of SarahNibbles
    User Image Donald W. - Cousin considered an Uncle of SarahNibbles
    User Image Debbie Sue Presley - Aunt of angelinspired002
User Image
As a Catholic with pets, I understand how important St. Francis of Assisi is to this festival. Our pets give us unconditional love and spunk. They make us laugh, cry, and keep us human. As St. Francis of Assisi is the patron saint of animals, it is only fitting that we remember our pets through him.

In simple terms, St. Francis' Keep is the list of all our beloved pets who have died and will be joining us for the festival. If you wish to add a pet to the list, please PM I am the Bon Festival with the filled out form below.

User Image Name of deceased pet -
    User Image Type of pet - (Dog, Cat, Hamster, Bird, etc)
    User ImageOwner's Name -

[list][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v31/Jessie05/Bon Festival/2nhmia1.png[/IMG] [b]Name of deceased pet[/b] -
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v31/Jessie05/Bon Festival/2nhmia1.png[/IMG] [b]Type of pet[/b] - (Dog, Cat, Hamster, Bird, etc)
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v31/Jessie05/Bon Festival/2nhmia1.png[/IMG][b]Owner's Name[/b] - [/list]

Sample
    User Image Name of deceased pet - Casey
    User Image Type of pet - Dog / Boxer
    User ImageOwner's Name - Hannah Yeager

Please note that the last day to add a pet to St. Francis' Keep is August 11, 2012. Also note that if your pet is not on the list, that doesn't mean he/she won't return to visit you when we roleplay. All the deceased pets are welcome to the festival when we roleplay - just as the living humans they touched are included as well.

Now, with that out of the way, here is the list of those pets in the care of St. Francis of Assisi...

The Pet List
    User Image Casey - Dog / Boxer of Hannah Yeager
    User Image Gus - Dog / Rottweiler of Kez Mani
    User Image Tempest - Dog / Mixed breed of Kez Mani
    User Image Ginger - Cat of Luxraybites
    User Image Sixten - Cat of The Witch Aryllia
    User Image Thomas - Cat / Ginger Tabby of Tempest Lorelay
    User Image China - Cat / Black Cat of kawaiifreak92
    User Image Baxter - Dog / Boston Terrier of Holycheesestick
    User Image Angel Erin "Piggles" - Rabbit of Chrissy Osborne
    User Image Tad - Rescue Cat of Rainy_31
    User Image Tramp - Dog / Golden Retriever and German Shepherd Mix of Evelyn Moonmeadow
    User Image Honey - Guinea Pig of Evelyn Moonmeadow
    User Image Ginger - Guinea Pig of Evelyn Moonmeadow
    User Image Hershey - Guinea Pig of Evelyn Moonmeadow
    User Image China - Dog / Pug of sad_princess14
    User Image Foxy - Dog of Johnny-Fkn-Keroscene
    User Image Marshmellow - Bird of Johnny-Fkn-Keroscene
    User Image Shmee - Bird of Johnny-Fkn-Keroscene
    User Image cinnabon - Bird of Johnny-Fkn-Keroscene
    User Image Angel Baby Kisses - Dog/Australian Shepard of Jenna Przybyla
    User Image Morris - Cat / Orange Tabby of BunnyLovesChoo
    User Image Fred - Cat of BunnyLovesChoo
    User Image Buddy - Fish / Beta of BunnyLovesChoo
    User Image Weezie - Dog / Pug of BunnyLovesChoo
    User Image Sushi - Dog / Siberian Husky of Sam-Kitsune
    User Image Jedd - Dog / Labrador of Stealthasaurus Rex
    User Image Taffy - Cat / Ginger Tabby of Stealthasaurus Rex
    User Image Elvira - Dog / Bloodhound of Stealthasaurus Rex
    User Image Dexter - Dog / Dachshund of Setsunasa
    User Image Zoey - Dog / Australian Shepherd of hellhounds_keeper
    User Image Ame & Ume - Dwarf Hamsters of misterhime
    User Image Rugar - Dog / Pomeranian of angelinspired002
    User Image Hikaru, Cookie, and Coco - Hermit Crabs of SarahNibbles
    User Image Midnight - Black Chick / Chicken of XxKiara-ChanxX
    User Image Luna C - Rat of Bent Warped and Twisted
User Image
The memories of loved ones we hold dear keep us human. The truth is, nothing lasts forever. Yet, it is these brief snapshots that make life worth living. While all of us will die, the short memories we cling to make our lives rich in color.

Below are the stories of what really matters. Not the stories we read in books, but the real and important stories that shape us into what we are. If you wish to add a story to the list, please PM I am the Bon Festival with the filled out form below...

User Image Your name -
    User Image Name of loved one -
    User Image Loved One's Story -

[LIST][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v31/Jessie05/Bon Festival/2nhmia1.png[/IMG] [b]Your name[/b] -
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v31/Jessie05/Bon Festival/2nhmia1.png[/IMG] [b]Name of loved one[/b] -
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v31/Jessie05/Bon Festival/2nhmia1.png[/IMG] [b]Loved One's Story[/b] - [/LIST]

Please note that the last day to add a story to the stories of the dead section is August 11, 2012. Also remember that when you send in a story, please only tell me what you feel comfortable sharing. I will not force anyone tell any story they don't feel like sharing. Another thing, please remember to be respectful to those stories. Insults, mocking, and general rudeness are considered grounds for being banned from the festival.

Now, with that out of the way, here are the stories...

The Stories
Neil Wright's Story
My grandpa Neil was a man who had a long life full of struggle. Most of his childhood and teen years were never talked about. My Grandma told me that he had an entire different life where he came from. She told me that his family had been exiled and they ran away to America. They left everything behind, includeing their family name and Neil's wife and child. It was hard for them but they managed to survive. My Gandpa fell in love with my Grandma and they had three children who he loved with all his heart. He was an army man and served the country well. After he got out of the army he worked as a mechanic. As time went on and he got older he sadly had a stroke and lost his ability to talk and he had limited mobility. This is the grandpa I knew. Always spoiling me, letting me sit on his lap. He wasn't in my life long though. I was five when he started to get worse health wise. I don't remember much but I remember seeing him in the hospital asking why he had a weird tube with yellow liquid in it sticking out from under his gown. I was oblivious to the concept of dieing. Then came the day he passed and the funeral. My parents said I was to young to go so I did not get to see him. I only now realize since I'm older that he was very important to everyone he had ever touched in his life. He was a happy always optomistic man who made everyone's days better.

Ronald Helminiak's Story
My grandpa Ronnie as we called him was not a grandpa I always liked. He was a person who was grumpy a lot and he teased us a lot. But now I think that was part of his charm. He was a steryotypical old man when it came to the relationship he had with my grandma. They were usually argueing about something usually on how one of their five kids had turned out or why he ate practially nothing but soup with lots of ketchup in it. He was a really nice careing person once you got to know him,which I did in his last two years of life. He mellowed out dureing that time. I remember sitting on his lap listening to him talk about things he had done in the army or in his lifetime or I would talk to him about my wild ideas that always ran through my head. He got sick with liver cancer and the doctors knew he wouldn't make it. He lived the last two months of his live in at home hospice with all his children comeing to see him and staying with us. I remember comeing down the stairs going to the room where Grandpa was supposed to be and he wasn't there the only thing in the bed was my Dad crying,that was the only time I have ever seen him cry. He told me Grandpa had passed in his sleep. Being twelve now and haveing someone die before I understood more this time. I look back now and see the whole time he wasn't really mean he just like to have fun and mess with us. I guess you could say he was still young in that respect.

Kiet Quoc Tran's Story
Ever since I was young, my father walked with a limp. I thought that that was how all fathers were supposed to be. Later on, I learned by accident from my brother that he was in a war, the Vietnam War. I never thought that my daddy would fight in a war or anything like that. He was a peaceful man who couldn't work so he took care of the children while his wife worked. Over the years and after a car accident, he started to lose himself and parts of his mind. In the end, his body failed him, and his soul parted from his body. He left the world of the living last summer, days after the fourth of July. My mother couldn't watch the fireworks because she was so worried about daddy. I remember him as my father. He loved to have a daughter, and when I was born, he had a huge grin on his face. He cared about me the most, and he took care of me when I was a baby. I will always remember the day when I was in the shopping cart and I asked my daddy to run around the store fast. He did, just for a short time, but he did it for me. His soul still lives on because I can feel that he's looking after his family.

Joan "Nammy" Osborne's Story
It's nearly been twelve years since she passed, but sometimes I still feel like I can hear those old boat shoes or slippers shuffling across the floor of yours and Grumpy's house when I'm there. Sometimes I stop, waiting to hear you whistle an old Sinatra tune like you always did. I remember when I was seven or 8 years old, and I danced to "Luck Be a Lady" for tap class. I rehearsed that routine every day because you had all of his songs on CD. Seeing how much you enjoyed my practicing made me so happy, and I think that's why I danced so well during the recital. I wonder if you'd be as proud of me now that I'm 23 as you were when I was that 8 year old girl tap-dancing her heart out on that stage. I miss you so much, you were the best grandmother and friend a little girl could have.

Nathan Markus' Story
Twins are special from birth, but my brother was exceptional. His motivational skills and blinding smile are few of his assets I wish I could learn to imitate. Some of his many accomplishments were in dance and theater. I am sure he would have grown up to become a role model to many. He died the end of our senior year the age of 16. Thanks to him I no longer look for the sharks in the shadows.

William Cox's Story
My childhood was not pleasant. My mother was hardly around, leaving me and my younger sister in the care of my grandmother. But what brought me happiness was my uncle, always bringing small treats for my sister and I. I remember always looking out the window of our old two story house and getting excited when I would see his red car pull up. As the years went on his health started slowly deteriorating, but he always managed to get up early and make sure we had a ride to school. I was a freshman when his condition got worse and he began staying with us. I got called out of class one day and my mom told me I needed to come to the hospital, he was on his last breathe. When I got there, though...I couldn't stay in the room. My hero was barely breathing and hooked up to numerous tubes, I rushed out crying and sat downstairs with my mom. Ten minutes later..he passed away. I will never forget all the generosity he gave, even when he wasn't strong enough to walk. I love you Uncle Billy.

Joseph Cabrera's Story
He had a normal childhood. Normal friends, good grades, great parents. He just couldn't complain at his life. Me and my twin met Joseph at a park when we were seven as our foster parent tried to get us out of the house. Our parents gave us up a moth after we were born, and we weren't comfortable with talking with other children, even at the age we were. He stepped in from of us with a smile on his face and small toy trucks in his hands and everything went great from that point on. W e talked, laughed and did any thing that normal kids did at the time. We grew together and we passed the highest and lowest points in our lives, spending all of our time with each other telling our problems as if we were our personal psychologists. We were both adopted, both shared similar problems, and we understood what we went through. And I couldn't help to fall in love with him, and the rare thing is. He felt the same. Even though we spent a total of three years running around in circles, not even knowing our love for each other. He finally got tired and stood his ground and confessed to me. In a park. In June. You could never know how happy I was. And I cried. And said yes, of course. We were together for a total of two years and seven months and I was. Head over heels in love with the kid. He might have been the nicest, sincere, responsible, talented male that ever crossed my path on the face of the earth and I could never be too thankful for him and I can admit to this day that he made me the person I am to this day. At the age of seventeen, I was proposed to him in the same park he asked me out. I knew I was young and I was clear about that. But I loved him with all my heart and I just knew he was the one. Something in my heart just said it. I accepted after ten minutes of sobbing "I love you, I love you, I love you" into his arms as he cuddled me and chuckled to my reaction. The engagement went good. We had almost everything planned out in a course of five months. But things went down hill after just one day. On Father's Day of last year, he got in a fight with a robber that tried to pick pocket him, in which the robber pushed him to the floor and shot him on the side of a building on his way to work. No one was actually around to help him, but he managed to call 911 before passing out. Sadly. He didn't make it. If he hears me. I would. Just tell him that he will always be in my heart, and he won't be forgotten. Ever. I will always love you for the rest of my days, Josh.

"Je t'aime. Toujours avoir. Toujours volonté .. Et jusqu'à ce que nous rencontrons une fois de plus dans les portes du Ciel, je vais vivre ma vie pour nous deux."

Paul Gray's Story
Paul Gray was the bassist for a band that is really important and very dear to me. They have helped me in ways I could never repay. On May 24, 2010 he passed away. I couldn't tell you how I felt. It was so surreal and for a while, I couldn't believe it was real. I'm not related to him in any way, nor did I personally know him, but he has taught me so much about life and how to be a better person. I'm not sure where I'd be without this man. He was and still is an amazing soul and should be celebrated. He is missed by many.

Greg Cox's Story
I am no poet, but my dad was. He wrote two poetry books and another with his wife, Tina Cox, who is now trying to get it published. I have always read this poem, not by him, and thought I did not understand it and now that he is gone I do. It speaks to me volumes.

Do not stand at my grave and weep,
I am not there; I do not sleep.
I am a thousand winds that blow,
I am the diamond glints on snow,
I am the sun on ripened grain,
I am the gentle autumn rain.
When you awaken in the morning’s hush
I am the swift uplifting rush
Of quiet birds in circling flight.
I am the soft star-shine at night.
Do not stand at my grave and cry,
I am not there; I did not die.

Evangelia Kantartzi's Story
We all loved my grandmother for her joy and clear soul she had and her will to live. She used to live with my grandfather to the centre of Athens and we lived on the suburbs of Athens. The distance was far so they visited us every Sunday. We went to eat and then to eat ice cream. After that we said goodbye and we drove them to the centere. A typical example of my grandmother was her joke - it was a real joke about a woman who lived at her childhood town. I have heard it for about a milion times. However one summer day, my grandmother decided to go swimming, my grandpa couldnt swim because of his legs, and this swimming made her drown. She died unfairly and all of us will never ever forget her...

Christopher Macyntire's Story
Back in 8th grade my friend was shot by his own twin. I still miss him deeply. Igot to school on may 16th and saw my teachers crying. They told me my friend died. I was so distraught but I didnt cry all these years because I was afriad he would hate me. But recently, I hoped he would just pop in and say "Hello Mel, I see we are in the same class again. I loved his smile. He died the night before I could tell him I loved him.

Flora Storrs' Story
Two months ago, my 83-year-old grandma passed away from cancer. She was always kind and gentle and very loving. She would always send me things for my birthday or the holidays.

Sarah Suzz's Story
My sister was killed in a hit and run. She was a great person who was so kind.

Thelma Uhles' Story
Thelma by relation, was my great aunt. I never truly spoke to her, became close to her, I didn't even know her birthday. She lived the majority of her life in a wheelchair and at my grandmothers. One day, from my parents, I found she died of a heart attack. I didn't really feel anything. Its not like I really knew the woman. Later that night.. It hit me. I don't know what overcame me, but I curled up in a ball, consumed with grief. I realized.. I didn't even take the time to get to know her. I didn't care to. I didn't even feel anything when I first found out she died. I only wish I could've gotten to know her, to understand the wealth of knowlege she held, to be close to her. All this happened over four years ago.. There are still times I cry, because I never knew her.

Judy (Ganny) Ligget Crow's Story
She was a loving grandmother who stayed strong for everyone and tried her hardest not to show her weakness. Even while on bed rest, she was still cracking jokes and making sure everyone was ok and happy. She was the person I would always run to for everything and she knew exactly how to tell me the truth with out beating around the bush but also not hurting my feelings. She knew how to get the point out and make you realize something even if you don't realize what she is doing at the time. She was a wonderful woman of 4 kids and 8 grandchildren. And she fought until the very last second to make sure she could tell all her loved ones good bye. She inspires me everyday, and will continue to inspire me for the rest of my life.

Brenda Johnson's Story
She was a very strict aunt, but she had her nice and loving moments, and she taught me a lot of valuable lessons that I still use through out my life. She was a very wise woman, one of the older sisters of 7 girls. Amazing enough to live through that house, but even more amazing to help with her nieces, nephews, sons, daughters, and then grandchildren. She taught all the kids that she lived to see lessons that none of them will forget.

Allen Crow's Story
A wonderful grandfather who stood by his wife through everything that she went through and more. Between teaching me piano lessons and splitting up fights between my sister and I, he helped me understand many things about life and the people around me, especially my family. He helped solve differences between friends and relatives, and he made sure the peace was kept when he could and he tried to keep the peace when everyone told him it was impossible. He was the guy people would see in his community that had random people over for a barbecue just because he felt like cooking. He was a great man, and he showed me many things that will never be forgotten.

JC Bricker's Story
JC Bricker was my entire world from the day I was born to the day he passed away. He was my best friend, my other half, my true love. I learned everything girls usually learn from their moms or their girl friends from him. He taught me how to climb trees, how to swim, what boys really want, and how to dress to impress. He taught me how to stay strong, to love and believe in myself, and never take a day life for granted. He would tell me his goal in life was to make me always smile, and this he did. I loved him like no other, and when he passed away from a brain aneurysm I felt as if a big part of me had died with him. I still talk to him, and I try to think of what advice he would give me, and when I'm really down and low I lie down and try to imagine his arms wrapped around me, and it helps...even if a little. I know he is still with me, always hovering over my shoulder, making sure I stay out of trouble. I know he would be proud of me, and of my son, who I named after him. I live my life to the fullest for the both of us. I never miss a heart beat and when life takes my breath away I think of him, and I can feel him standing with me. And every chance I get, I send a prayer to him wishing that he is well in heaven and remind him that I still love him more than I could ever love any other man, and through out my life, which I do hope will be full and long, I'll be waiting to be with him again, so that my broken heart can be whole again. <3
User Image
As with previous Bon Festivals, there will be a dress code enforced. Why, because the dead are coming back to visit the living. Anyone can tell you that for such a joyful event, you must look your best.

The dress code is divided into three main categories: Preferred, Acceptable, and Banned. Banned clothes are not to be worn, period. Acceptable and Preferred clothes are to be worn for the festival. Here is the list below of what is allowed and banned:

Preferred Outfits
Long Kimonos, Furisodes, Yukatas, Kosode/Hakama/Haori combinations, Buddhist Monk Outfits, and Short Kimonos. Please note that Short Kimonos cover the Short Kimonos in Global Imports and the Kokeshi Kimono from zOMG. Both the Short Kimonos and Kokeshi Kimonos are allowed to be worn during the festival. However, those who wear the Short Kimonos and Kokeshi Kimonos to the festival MUST wear a pair of leggings or shorts under the kimonos that go below the knees. This is a respectful event, so please don't be showing your panties, thighs, etc. Wooden Sandals, Geta, Okobo, tabi, and straw sandals.

Acceptable Outfits
Kimono dresses, Spring, Summer, and Autumn Peach Fukus, the new Kimono-like Starter Heroine's Dress, and Goldfish Kimonos may be worn. Those outfits must not expose thighs and breasts. To be on the safe side, please wear leggings and something to cover you shoulders / arms for the above three mentioned outfits. If both are covered, then they are acceptable to wear.

Also allowed are jackets and pants that cover the shoulders and mid-riff. Shorts that go below the knee or three inches above the knee, shirts with sleeves, dresses with sleeves or a shawl that covers bare shoulders. Starter sets, such as the preppy start set, are allowed. If you want to dress in the Bermuda Shorts and a shirt with a collar, that's fine as well.

You also have the option of wearing School Uniforms. This can include the Serafuku Sets, the Academy sets, Gakuran sets, and the Juvenile Delinquent set. Sandals, school shoes, and tennis shoes.

Banned Outfits
Pimp Sets, Castaway Sets, Peasant Sets, Lolita Sets, bathing suits, bikinis, dresses that expose the shoulders, water shoes, ripped clothes, and anything else not listed in the Preferred or Acceptable section of the dress code.

Outfit Announcement
We now have official outfitters for the Sixth Annual Gaian Bon Festival. If you are looking for an outfit to wear to the festival, these two stores will be more than happy to provide pre-coordinated outfits for male and female avatars.

Official Male Festival Outfits

Official Female Festival Outfits

Outfit Announcement 2
If you would like to wear your own avi and you are unsure of whether or not it is approved festival wear, please feel free to PM Hannah Yeager and ask about the outfit in question.

Outfit Announcement 3
The Newbie Supporting and Training Guild is having a charity event for the festival. Please click on the provided link, take a look around, and remember to follow their rules in order to obtain a Kimono, Furisode, Yukata, or other preferred outfit. Teh Link
User Image
User Image

[URL=http://tinyurl.com/3s7om2y][img]http://tinyurl.com/3kbzwnc[/img][/URL]
User Image
These shops will be selling limiteds for the Bon Festival! Feel free to visit them!

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Heart Shop
User Image
Below are some answers to your most basic questions. Please note that questions and answer will be added as I or the moderators see fit.

User Image When is the Bon Festival being held?
    User Image August 13 - August 15, 2012

User Image Who is running this event?
    User Image Hannah Yeager. However, if you have any questions, please PM the mule I am the Bon Festival.

User Image What account do I send my name/pet/story to?
    User Image I am the Bon Festival.

User Image Can I send a name/pet/story for the event now?
    User Image Sure, go ahead! 3nodding

User Image Do I have to fill out the required form in each section to get a story/name put in that section?
    User Image Yes. If you don't, I won't add the name/pet/story to the list.

User Image How much do I have to pay to get into the festival?
    User Image 0.00 Gold

User Image Is this festival still going to be held in a guild?
    User Image Yes. Unless the staff want to make this an official Gaian Event and/or give me a forum to work with, this will be a user-run event held in a guild. I still need to wait for the admin's decision.

User Image I'm not a vendor, but I still want to sell a festival-themed item. Can I do that?
    User Image Yes, you can. However, you will not get a Vendor's Pass.

User Image When is the cut-off date to send in a story/name/pet name?
    User Image August 11, 2012

User Image Is this mostly a role-playing festival?
    User Image Yes

User Image What happens on the three days of the festival?
    User Image On the evening of the 13th, the dead will come to visit us. The 14th is a day for shopping and spending time with your loved one. The 15th is the Toro Nagashi Ceremony. A few hours after the ceremony, the festival will end.

User Image Why is there a dress code?
    User Image Traditionally, respectful events require respectful clothes. It is out of respect for the dead that you dress nice for their arrival. My mother would have a fit if she saw me dressed like a hoochie, so I'm going to be respectful and wear respectful clothing. The dress code still stands and will not be removed from the festival.

User Image Can I PM your mule before the festival to ask if I can be a vendor?
    User Image Yes, you can. However, the cut-off date to be a vendor is the same as the cut-off for the lists and story section in the festival thread: August 11, 2012. Please note that if you PM me wanting to be a vendor, you must have sample of your work and your work must be Bon-themed. This can include pixel Japanese food, pixel lanterns, etc.

User Image I made some floating paper lanterns...
    User Image Let me see them! Floating paper lanterns have always been a staple of this festival and will continue to be so. Let me see your samples and if I like them, I may add you as a vendor.

User Image I see we have an official outfitter for the festival...
    User Image Yes, we do. You may find the Official Male Festival Outfits and Official Female Festival Outfits links in this thread.

User Image I have a private question?
    User Image Please PM it to I am the Bon Festival
User Image

[URL=http://tinyurl.com/3s7om2y][IMG]http://tinyurl.com/2upds42[/IMG][/URL]

[URL=http://tinyurl.com/3s7om2y][IMG]http://tinyurl.com/6rjo2zq[/IMG][/URL]

[URL=http://tinyurl.com/3s7om2y][IMG]http://tinyurl.com/d397f5q[/IMG][/URL]

[URL=http://tinyurl.com/3s7om2y][IMG]http://tinyurl.com/bu8nrnc[/IMG][/URL]
User Image
The Newbie Supporting and Training Guild

...is offering to do a small charity for the Bon Festival. If you cannot afford to buy a Kimono, Furisode, Yukata, or any of the preferred dressing attire, this guild will be more than happy to help you get one.

YOU MUST FOLLOW ALL THEIR RULES TO GET AN OUTFIT / ITEM! If I find out you are not following their rules, the guild is within their rights to deny your request.

Scamming from this charity IS AN AUTOMATIC BAN from the festival grounds...

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff