Welcome to Gaia! ::

Familiar Phantom

Neurotic Noir
Sycmos
OH, and another thing: I was bullied for years to no end. I didn't try to commit suicide because I know better and I knew it would get better. It did.
Your experiances =/= their experiances.
You don't even know what it was like in their shoes, nor do you have the same biological make up as them.

So that gives them an excuse to kill themselves? I think not.

Nobody has an excuse to commit suicide. It's selfish and weak. A strong person should be recognized, not somebody who gave up.

Impassioned Lionheart

Sycmos

I have a good idea: I'm just going to wear black for EVERYBODY.

We should support our fellow man all the time, and not just one day out of the year. Tipped for this sentence and nothing else.

Impassioned Lionheart

Illegal Fantasy

and also, u dont have to wait for a day to honor those who have died for any cause

Same wavelength~ Tipped :3

Shy Rogue

User Image
Now I'm aware about it I will wear purple on Gaia, and in real life.
I'm not a Lesbian, but I hate that people are picked on for their sexuality. It makes me feel ill that people can still judge and hate people based on their sexual preference. D:
It's not like it's a choice or anything. It's just how you're made to be.

I thank you GCD for enlightening me to this event. <3

Astronomical Prophet

26,325 Points
  • Fan Before It Was Cool 500
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Toy Drive Tycoon 400
I don't know whether or not I'm going to wear purple tomorrow. It's been a serious debate for me for the past couple of weeks. I'm feeling kind of negative towards the GLBTF community right now, for personal reasons. It's nothing against them, they've just been doing some things lately that are really getting to me, and I wish they'd just leave it be. On the other hand, though, I don't want to... not show support for those who are being bullied, you know? This is just a really hard issue for me right now.
Sycmos
Neurotic Noir
Sycmos
OH, and another thing: I was bullied for years to no end. I didn't try to commit suicide because I know better and I knew it would get better. It did.
You don't even know what it was like in their shoes, nor do you have the same biological make up as them.

Nobody has an excuse to commit suicide. It's selfish and weak. A strong person should be recognized, not somebody who gave up.
If you want to insult a dead teenager for doing this, go for it.
I'd rather reach out a hand to teenagers suffering from depression and not be a judgemental arsehole because they have been pushed to the point by bullying that they see no future anymore. They need help not insults how weak and selfish people are. That's what this whole wear purple thing is about. Bringing awareness to the issue. If one teenager reaches out for help if they feel suicidal or one parent sits down and talks to their LGTB kid about their experiances at school, it's worth it.
Sifen Yamishi
Day of Purple is tomorrow(October 20th) and it is a day for us to remember the recent suicides of the youth who took their lives due to gay abuse.

Since GAIA lets us be creative with our avatars,are you going to dress your avatar in purple to mark this date?

I have taken the liberty to do so,as well as dress him up with some rainbow.
Oh God, I'm such a huge liberal and so sexually adventurous, I really really should care. But I don't.

I suck at political correctness. And I do it for a living. sweatdrop

Divine Muse

Darn you Sardaukar
Sifen Yamishi
Day of Purple is tomorrow(October 20th) and it is a day for us to remember the recent suicides of the youth who took their lives due to gay abuse.

Since GAIA lets us be creative with our avatars,are you going to dress your avatar in purple to mark this date?

Oh God, I'm such a huge liberal and so sexually adventurous, I really really should care. But I don't.

Cause their is no real point in dressing an avi in purple, most people do it because they want to seem like they support it but in real life they do nothing.

You are just more of a realist than most.
Sycmos

Do I have to attempt or commit suicide to be recognized? Martyrdom much?

You're assuming that everyone commits suicide for the same reason. For one, there are people who commit suicide because of depression, and I'm talking about the chemical imbalance type. Are they "weak-willed", as you say, because of their condition? neutral

I really don't agree that people who commit suicide are weak or stupid. Some people feel like they get so backed up into a corner in their lives that they see no other way out except to kill themselves. That is why we need to reach out to them and help them, like Neurotic said.

Familiar Phantom

Neurotic Noir
Sycmos
Neurotic Noir
Sycmos

If you want to insult a dead teenager for doing this, go for it.
I'd rather reach out a hand to teenagers suffering from depression and not be a judgemental arsehole because they have been pushed to the point by bullying that they see no future anymore. They need help not insults how weak and selfish people are. That's what this whole wear purple thing is about. Bringing awareness to the issue. If one teenager reaches out for help if they feel suicidal or one parent sits down and talks to their LGTB kid about their experiances at school, it's worth it.

No no no no.

It's homosexuals that are being recognized. NOT EVERYBODY. Just homosexuals that committed suicide. That is what I have a problem with.

Why do they only get to be recognized? Is it because they're homosexual? If so, it's biased. Many more people commit suicide who aren't gay and they don't receive recognition, what makes them so special?

If they're going to do this, they have to recognize every other suicide on the planet for their deed, not just homosexuals. It's wrong.

Death is final. Death is forever. Suicide is not an option.

You shouldn't take your own life because you buckle beneath pressure. There's a thing called perseverance, it's what makes us -- mankind -- what we are.

We didn't flourish because we gave up.
Jayce Reinhardt
Darn you Sardaukar
Sifen Yamishi

Cause their is no real point in dressing an avi in purple, most people do it because they want to seem like they support it but in real life they do nothing.

You are just more of a realist than most.
Yea I guess a purple avatar wouldn't have saved Matthew Shepherd. At least I can work daily against the people who would criminalize those poor kids. You know who you are.

Divine Muse

Darn you Sardaukar
Yea I guess a purple avatar wouldn't have saved Matthew Shepherd. At least I can work daily against the people who would criminalize those poor kids. You know who you are.

The fact that you do something other than wearing a color has always made me respect you.

Familiar Phantom

Pachi Rin
Sycmos

Do I have to attempt or commit suicide to be recognized? Martyrdom much?

You're assuming that everyone commits suicide for the same reason. For one, there are people who commit suicide because of depression, and I'm talking about the chemical imbalance type. Are they "weak-willed", as you say, because of their condition? neutral

I really don't agree that people who commit suicide are weak or stupid. Some people feel like they get so backed up into a corner in their lives that they see no other way out except to kill themselves. That is why we need to reach out to them and help them, like Neurotic said.

People in general should know better. No amount of pressure or disaster should ever make the human mind consider suicide as a resort of escape or a solution.

Self-termination is practically against nature.

And how can we reach out if they don't tell anybody or reach out for help in the first place?

It's like poking a stick at random people asking if they need help, because you don't know who does.

Questionable Prophet

7,700 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Timid 100
  • Megathread 100
I'm wearing purple irl tomorrow, as well as Gaia.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff