Caaaaaaaaaaarl

Fashionable Vampire

10,225 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Demonic Associate 100
Arynaria
Reposting, because Carl. dramallama

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
gaia_star Carl for VP! gaia_star
(For several important reasons!)

Reason 1: Protecting the Commander in Chief
Carl can double as both VP AND a badass bodyguard. If he can scare off an airship captain merely at the sight of his (quite offensive) red jacket and jingle bells, imagine how he would respond to a REAL threat? As a bonus, commandeering the airship also made him a captain, so Carl has quite a bit of experience in the field.

The comic (from 2010):
User Image

Reason 2: Equality and Honesty
Carl hates everyone. It doesn't matter who you are or what you look like, you will receive the same piercing, homicidal glare. We're all familiar with it, as some of us see him quite often in his shop. Sure, he can tolerate some people more than others, but overall he doesn't play favorites. That's a plus when you consider all the fakeness and lying going on everywhere. With Carl, you always know where you stand.

Carl's presence also compels people to be honest. His shop is technically run on the honor system (you leave money for your item and back away slowly), and EVERYBODY follows it. No exceptions, even though there are plenty of liars and cheats and market AI-ers out there. Not even them. Nobody short-changes Carl. That's a respect not many can achieve.

Reason 3: Community Involvement
Carl may hate everyone, but he's not against participating in community events, like in 2011's Pie Hard With a Vengeance competition. He and Diedrich even made it into the finals (and sat next to each other)! I don't see Old Pete or Sam in there, do you?

Reason 4: He can tolerate Diedrich!
In addition to their involvement in Pie Hard, remember how well Diedrich and Carl got along during last Easter's D-Party event? wink
User Image

If the Big D can get that close to Carl and live to tell the tale, there must be a mutual agreement or understanding between them already, even if it's unspoken. So why not make it official? biggrin

Reason 5: Eat ALL The Things!
Diedrich eats anything he finds. Carl eats anything he wants. Including Christmas ornaments (which is pretty hardcore). Considering all the parties the D-Party throws, with both of them working together we'll probably never have to worry about cleanup or leftovers again! Even for all that pesky confetti!

Reason 6: Recognition
Diedrich is the [cuter] Easter mascot, but Carl doesn't quite have his own holiday, or even special recognition at all. (There are rumors that he was one of Santa's rejected reindeer, which may be why he goes into a rage at the sight of red jackets and jingle bells. Imagine being spurned like that!) Doesn't Carl deserve some love for being such a pillar of Gaia for so many years? People overlook him all the time just because he's merely homicidal. But he's a big part of Gaia, and he's been taken for granted for far too long.

And finally, with Carl at Diedrich's side, nobody will ever be able want to contend for either position ever again. Hooray for leadership stability!

Vote Carl for Vice President!

omg this is awesome

Toxic Treasure

22,490 Points
  • Excitable Emoter 25
  • Diedrich Supporter 50
  • Party Member 100
Red Barrette
Inuyasha_roxs_08
Carl needs to win!

Yes~ Sam is cute and Pete is love-able but Carl is too bad-a** to not win. and that Carl post is pretty convincing, lol. Go Carl!

Oh no...no..he HAS to. Otherwise he will eat our SOULS
gonk

Fluffy Treat

wow, thanks for stumping for my nominee! I was already surprised to be in the top three. Now it looks like everyone important is voting for him too!

Interstellar Duck

31,100 Points
  • Party Member 100
  • Shady Hands Squad 250
  • Nerd 50
Creamy Filling
wow, thanks for stumping for my nominee! I was already surprised to be in the top three. Now it looks like everyone important is voting for him too!

Haha, no prob. Carl's the most interesting of the three anyway. I thought about the potential future team/duo-posts, and inanities that could come out of each pairing, and Carl came out waaay on top. That pair would simply be more fun, funny and offer far more opportunities for silly "personality" posts like Hassli and Mule-Kun do for Diedrich's overenthusiastic mentality. Sam and Pete don't have "typical" ways of talking that would differentiate them, while Carl is...well, very obvious. And funny. It's a surefire way for the D-Party to keep its members laughing.

(Besides, fourth wall aside, this is Gaia we're talking about here. We don't need a VP with sense, we need one who will keep us amused. Diedrich + Carl is the best way to achieve that.)

Fluffy Treat

*stamps right forehoof and bugles*

11,050 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Signature Look 250
D-Party

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Username:Asian-Tiger-Lily
Nominee:Carl
District:[/bWherever he wants to be.
Political Platform: What will he bring to the table? Nuts and berries! Ooh, I love ruffage.

Kittytub's Partner In Crime

Edgiest Mage

hmh this is cute <3

Yeata Zi's Bae

Dedicated Diedrich

26,600 Points
  • Diedrich Supporter 50
  • Party Member 100
  • Excitable Emoter 25
Looks like Carl is winning

Fluffy Treat

according to my calendar, he won already.

Yeata Zi's Bae

Dedicated Diedrich

26,600 Points
  • Diedrich Supporter 50
  • Party Member 100
  • Excitable Emoter 25
Creamy Filling
according to my calendar, he won already.

Vice President Carl!!!!!!

President Squad

33,000 Points
  • Alchemy Level 9 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Diedrich Supporter 50
User Image

`.My Candidate and I stand defeated.

Congratulations, Carl!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items