Welcome to Gaia! ::

thanks for participating!

awesome! 0.25 25.0% [ 2 ]
whoo! 0.125 12.5% [ 1 ]
gold 0.625 62.5% [ 5 ]
Total Votes:[ 8 ]
1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 122 123 124 > >> >>> »|

User Image

User ImageIntroductionUser ImageThe RulesUser ImageF.A.Q.User ImageGuild InfoUser ImageGamesUser ImageBannersUser ImageAffiliatesUser ImageSponsorsUser ImageTektek EntriesUser ImageBirthdaysUser Image

Welcome to Cupiding 2013!
Sponsored by The Greatest Gift of All Guild
Co-Hosted by The Furry Fuzzball and Sgt.Frosty

This is an event to celebrate Valentine's with others through the fantastic process of anonymous gifting! By doing so you will make friends and have a great time this loving season. But beware - Anonymous gifting can be extremely addicting!

Remember to keep your identity a secret. It's much more enjoyable that way!

Want to join in the fun? As long as you mention Cupiding somewhere in the message that accompanies your gift, the recipient should know which thread the gift is from! However, if you want to be sure, just make sure to include the name and URL of this thread. Here is a possible gifting message you could send:

Quote:
Surprise! Instead of an arrow a cherub shot you a gift! Spread the love by sending an anonymous gift with this message! And come visit the other cherubs at Cupiding to chat and make friends http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/gaia-community-projects/cupiding-2013-an-anonymous-gifting-event-open/t.84333181/

Please take a few minutes to read the information below to ensure you have a better understanding of this event, and how to play along nicely.

User Image

If you read nothing else... in a nutshell:
Gifts are Anonymous
Recent Visitors are off
Do not beg or only talk about your quests.
Take any dramas to PM, ask a guild crew for help if need be. Include page number.
Chatting friendlily, sticking around, and having a
viewable profile with a wishlist with items of various values will help!

Updates and News

User ImageIntroductionUser ImageThe RulesUser ImageF.A.Q.User ImageGuild InfoUser ImageGamesUser ImageBannersUser ImageAffiliatesUser ImageSponsorsUser ImageTektek EntriesUser ImageBirthdaysUser Image

Barraka1987's Princess

Fuzzy Friend

15,425 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Generous 100
  • Newbie Helper 100
User Image

TOS is, as always, in effect

Respect others

Treat everyone as though they were important. Because they are. The person who sets the event up isn't the only important person. We are based from a guild that has many people who all worked together to make this happen time and again. And we want to maintain a celebratory happy atmosphere.

If you have an issue or want to discuss sensitive topics, please take it to PMs or ask a regular to help you.

No Begging
No complaining, whining, advertising, or STAT POSTING!

Stat posting is saying how many gifts you've given and/or how many you've received. It often comes off as begging and showing off. If you like to keep track (and many people do) please do so in a private area. Perhaps a word file on your own computer, or a private locked journal. Feel free to share your dream avatars! Just please don't ask for donations or specific items.

Use proper posting etiquette
This means no page stretching, or excessive image posting.
This particularly comes into play when quoting, and when you use post styles. Please try to keep the quote rivers from getting to be too long, and delete the images and post styles from the quotes. I love post styles and they're great for giving your posts a theme. Just keep in mind their size please.

Also, please don't quote this first page. Or, if you really need to- erase all the irrelevant information. If you need to share most of any of these posts - just direct them here to read it.

Anonymous gifts and PMs must be turned on.
This is an event based entirely around these systems. They are vital to the event's success.

Have a readily visible wishlist somewhere.
It can be on your profile, journal, signature; but make sure it is somewhere and that you clearly express what items you want. If you don't want anything in particular, please still pick out items for your wishlist. Those without a wishlist may be less likely to be chosen to receive gifts by some.

Items on your wishlist need to vary in expense.
Pick out some items that are reasonably cheap, moderately expensive and obscenely costly. That way, no matter what your gifter's budget, they can afford something that you'd like. I recommend trying to have at least 5 items in each cost category.

Feel free to gift art
Although art has no official in-game value, if the artist takes the time and effort, it can be treasured above anything else.

Do not reveal your identity to anyone.
Guessing and speculation are part of the game, but please keep who gifts whom secret. If you figure someone out, congrats - but please keep it to yourself!

Do not spend more than you are willing to.
There are no gift restrictions. If you are not comfortable with spending all of your gold, then don't. You don't have to buy Monthly Collectibles for every gift. Spend what you'd be comfortable to part with.

Be gracious and grateful.
Be appreciative of each other. Remember the spirit of this season and this event. Thanking people for the item you received is nice.

Turn recent visitors off on your profile.
Maybe you’re a famous movie star, or just genuinely popular. You can however keep track of who visits your profile with the recent visitors option, it is suggested that to maintain anonymity with the gifting, you turn this off when you participate with the gifting.

User Image
User Image

How do I know this isn't a scam?
If you suspect that this is a scam then there isn't very much I can say to convince you otherwise. However, I will say for the record that this is not a scam. This thread has been made solely for the joy of giving.

How do I sign up?
You simply say that you would like to join by posting in this thread! No secret word, no complicated handshake! Just let us know you’re in here and get to gifting!

When does the event start/end?
This event will run from February 1st through March 5th. After the event is over, we will return to our regular gifting thread until the next event, Bunnying!

Why do you only send anonymous gifts?
We do it this way so that no one feels indebted to anyone in particular. And since we don't post stats on how much anyone has gifted either, the only motivator here is to have fun spreading joy.

How do I pick who to gift?
You can gift anyone you like. They don’t even have to be here in this thread. It helps a lot if the person has a viewable profile; and a wishlist that has items of a wide variety of values. Everything from under 1k and up. Being friendly, active, and playing by the event rules is also a factor to some people.

How do I gift anonymously?
First, buy the item you want to gift. Now, go to your inventory and click on its icon. There will be a number of options available to you now; click the purple one that says "GIVE AS GIFT". This will bring you to the gift wrapping page. Choose the color you want your gift to be, Type in your recipient's name, write your message, check the "Give this gift anonymously?" button, enter your password, confirm and presto! All done!

Here's an animated gif that walks you through the steps. But if that goes too fast, there are links to the screenshots below!

User Image

1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7

I forgot to check anonymous! Now my recipient knows who I am!
These things happen; mistakes occur. Don't worry about it. But do continue to send gifts! Don't let a small setback like this spoil your fun! If you were using a gifting alias, either ask them not to share it, or makeup a new one.

What is a Gifting Alias?
In recent event’s, several participants started using an alias in their message. They’d include a line that says “From the Glomping Elf” or “from the Mewing Gifter”. If you would like to do that, it’s fine, just keep your identity secret! If you plan on becoming one of our regulars, perhaps you might consider keeping your alias for the next event too!

For whatever reason, I cannot use the gifting option. Can I use the trade feature to send my gifts?
We highly encourage you be remain ANONYMOUS. That’s the whole point here. So please try to keep that theme using gifting. However, sometimes glitches happen. If trading is really your only way – use a mule that has no connection to your main account. Make sure you don’t say who you really are in the profile, or your posts in other threads. Use different pictures in your signature and profile.

I want to send art. How do I do that?

There have been many suggestions as to how one should go about this. The three best ideas regarding art are:

1. Send the URL in a note attached to a small item.
2. Use a mule and simply PM the picture to your recipient.
3. PM the picture to RandomAnonymousGifter along with the name of the recipient and a note. It will get to the proper recipient, we promise biggrin

I have some items on my wishlist already. Do I have to add more?

If all of those items are expensive, then you must add more items to your wishlist. MCs and EIs are expensive items and it is unreasonable to expect people to get you them for this event. Is this to say you can't have MCs and EIs on your wishlist? No. And there are some incredibly generous gifters out there!

It is a good rule of thumb to have at least five items worth 1,000 or less gold sprinkled throughout your wishlist at any given time. That way, no matter what his or her budget is, gifters can afford something you'd like.

I haven't received a gift. What's going on?

Please remember the point of this event is to give. If you stay and chat, play by the rules, and make sure your profile is visible and your wishlist is appropriately stocked; then I’m sure you will get some gifts eventually. Also, not everyone is gifting all the time. Sometimes we just chat and make friends. Be patient and just try to have fun. If your fun is dependent on getting gifts, this might not be the place for you.

I have received only Daily Chance items or trash and I have been giving people things off their wishlists. This isn't fair.
It's kinda insulting to call gifts "trash". Some gifters, in an attempt to keep gifting despite being new or poor, will sometimes gift cheaper items. Sometimes it’s in an effort to keep gifting through the whole event. But they thought of you, and were kind enough to share what they do have. Also, sometimes those types of cheaper items are sent so they can send you a message requesting you to add more to your wishlist that they can afford – or something along those lines.

At the same time, please try to make your gifts thoughtful. Unless a person is questing a certain type of loot, or several of one cheap item – please try to make it an item they can enjoy.

How do I turn Recent Visitors off?
To turn off Recent Visitors; you can do one of two things. One go to the Account Settings Page; then go to the 'Profile Options' setting. (this can be found by the gear at the end of the my gaia tab- the arrow creates a drop down list) Scroll to the bottom of the page and uncheck the box and be sure to save. Or you can go to your profile and hit edit; and delete the box. This is usually easiest

I have a question that hasn't been covered by this FAQ. Where should I ask it?
Post it up here in the thread. As a result of all these events, we have many lovely helpful people, who if they know the answer would be thrilled to help! If not, please PM either TheBlackCatLentheritia or Sgt.Frosty and if we don’t know, we’ll do our best to help you find the answer.

User Image

Barraka1987's Princess

Fuzzy Friend

15,425 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Generous 100
  • Newbie Helper 100
User Image

Why yes, we are a guild. We are most active during our events, and in our public Random Gifting Thread. We are not so terribly elite or difficult to join. These events also double a bit as our recruiting drive. We love inviting new active passionate members! If you would like to join us you can send a PM to one of the event hosts or the two owners GGoaGuild or Lnk1001 or the vice captain TheBlackCatLentheritia. Also feel free to visit us Here. That is our home thread, where we hang-out between events. Please do not reveal who your gifting alias is.

We tend to run events approximately every 2-3 months. And you're welcome to join us at those events no matter if you're in the guild or not! Our regular events are:

Christmas (Elving)
Valentine’s Day (Cupiding)
Easter (Bunny-ing? Lol)
Summer (Various themes)
Halloween (Ghosting)

User Image
User Image

Games Index
Raffle
Art Contest
Valentine's Tektek
Who Said That? (Letters to 'Juliet')

Raffle:
Basically, we will sell tickets the entire event. The tickets will be 100 gold each. In order to buy some, begin a trade withsgt.Frosty labeled "Raffle Tickets: (Put the number of tickets you desire)" and the proper amount of gold for the amount of tickets you desire. If you buy tickets, they will go in order. For example, if you buy the first three tickets, you have tickets 1-3. There will be no set number of tickets. On the last day of the event, we will do a random roll to determine the winner and use the funds earned in the raffle to buy an item the winner is desirous of.

Money Raised/Prize:
To be announced

Ticket Numbers:
To be announced

Art Contest: (entries in 9th post)
The GGOA Cupiding 2013 Is Hosting An Art Contest Where You Draw These Avatar's/Tektek's. The Spin Is That You MUST Draw A Cupid Somewhere In The Image! No Cupid, Then Why Draw It!

You Choose Who You Draw. You Draw Your Style. You Choose If Its A Sketch, Colored By Hand, Computer Colored, Or Lineart. You Draw, Post It In A Spoiler(look below for how to do a spoiler) and We Judge After Valentines Day. All Entries Are Due By The Due-Date. You May PM Art To The Furry Fuzzball IF You Wish NOT To Share It With Everyone. Either Your Posting Or PM Is At YOUR Digression. So, Draw Your Choice Of Avatar's/Tektek's Listed Above, And In Your Style. PLEASE Sign Your Art Somewhere. Then, Post Your Art In The Following Format If Your Not Going To PM It: (in spoiler)

Art Contest:

[spoiler][/spoiler]

FORM:
NAME:
REFERENCES:
HOW MANY ARTS YOU WANT/WILLING TO GIVE AWAY:
THINGS ARTIST SHOULD KNOW:.

~Draw An Avatar Or Tektek With Cupid.
~All Art MUST Abide By The Gaia TOS
~No Nudity
~And Follow The Event Rules
~You MAY Draw Up To 2 Diffrent Avatars From TWO DIFFRENT Tektek's/Avatars Above. But, Not 2 Of The Same Person.

Tektek Contests
***Each person may enter both contests or choose one or the other***

Valentine's Tektek

We will be having one tektek contest for this event. The only requirement is that it be Valentine-themed. (There is NO price limit. Just have fun with it smile )Each person may enter ONLY ONCE! All entries MUST BE PMed to me, sgt.Frosty by 11:59 pm (EST) on March 1st. Voting will begin on Friday and the winners will be announced Sunday the 4th.

Entries.(posted in 9th post)

Regarding Prizes:

This contest differs from the last in that prizes will be decided by a poll in the thread. If there are too many entries to fit in one poll, I will split them up into 2 polls. Entries will be divided into the polls based on the date stamp of the PM they were sent in. The top three in each poll will then be voted for again to decide the 3 winners. This is why I have left two days for voting instead of one.

First place - 30K ~
Second place -13K~
Third place -3K to 5K ~

Who Said That? (Letters To Juliet)
This game consists of letters written by a secret admirer to their lover or crush. The writer or adressee could be from: Popular movie/book series, Anime/Manga, Video Games or other well known people. The point of this game is to identify as many of the pairings as possible. When you are satisfied with your list PM TheBlackCatLentheritia Title the message “Who Said That” and be sure to list the pairings in the order the letters are written. PM must be received no later than 11:59PM (EST) on March 3rd. The prizes will be given depending on who gets the most correct. Answers will be posted when the winners are announced

1- Dear Valentine,
I love you, even if you say you're not the one for me. Even with all these rules and kinks, I love you. I will do anything for you sir. You spoil me, and I'm not used to it, but despite that I want to be by your side. Even if I can't touch you, or talk about us. I want to be with you, my heart and body they tame only you. I'm glad I had to interview you, because without that I would never have met you. Be my valentine?
Love your secret admirer.

2- Dear Valentine,
You're beautiful, like a prince from a shoujo manga. When I see your face I can't help it, I stare at you. Every day I can't help by visit your book store, just to watch you with the girls, you always sell the manga I edit, and I was surprised to hear that I write your favorites. I've never been one to fall in love before... For you I'm willing to try, so.... Will you be my prince and my valentine?

3- Dear Valentine,
You saved me when I was in trouble, and you helped me. Our first meeting was magical, I never expected to be floating along side you, but I'm nothing special. I would love to know how I caught your eye. Even though I got cursed by a witch and had to make a deal with a demon, it was worth it. I fell in love with you deeply. I'd never have believed it at first, but I can't help it, I'm like a moth to your magical flame. I'm glad you waited for me, I will always, always find you. I will always stay by your side as our family grows.
Love Your Secret Admirer

4- Dear Valentine,
I was slowly falling in love with you, although you were sent to kill me you made a different call. You are the reason that I fight so hard. I will do anything in my power to protect and stay by you. Although it's not easy to admit, I want to be with you. You're dear to me, you're the only one I can trust with my secrets. You're the only one who knows my ledger, and I plan to keep it that way. I'll trap you in a web and never let you go if you give me the chance
Love, your Secret Admirer

5- Dear Valentine,
I never thought I could fall in love, I didn't think it could happen 'til it happened to me. I'm willing to bet on you if you're willing to break free with me. This is our chance for both of us to start something new. Your friends will come to accept us as we are, they'll see that the status quo isn't always the most important thing. I will be by your side even if we fight along the way; we'll always work it out. I mean no matter what happens as long as we're together it's 'cool'.
Love your Secret Admirer.

6- Dear Valentine,
You are the only flower that has entered my vision, although I play around with other girls it's you I want. I hate that you've played this game for him for so long, using me. The yellow scarves disbanded when you got hurt, well at least I left. I love you, and it sickens me you acted like a pawn even though you say you truly care for me he's the only one you talked about. Come and run away with me. We can be together and no one can touch you ever again!

7- Dear Valentine,
I'm strong and at times I'm not feminine, and I try my hardest not to show that. You try to act more mature and I can't say that I'm better... I don't know what happened while you were away, but I will hide who I truly am, to be able to stay by your side. My brother may not like it, but he respects you. Even if I can't be like the other girls I will always stay by your side. I will protect you if I must, the things that create me are the things I do for you.
Love your sweet-heart.

8 Dear Valentine,
You saved my life and stole my heart. It took me weeks to find you, you are my god, you're the only person in this world I love. You're a wonderful person, let me stay by your side, you have the knowledge and I have the eyes. Together we can save this rotting world. Please please please let me be the only girl in your life. You're my one and only forever and always
Love your secret admirer

9- Dear Valentine,
We're misfits, we don't belong. You're silenced... Broken, I can play this game. I love you, if I get killed then I can see you again right? But no one can kill me, only Alice... I don't want to die, but I want to make sure that one day I'm by your side again... This wonderful land is full of nightmares now and it's driving me crazy... What do you want me to do? Tell me.. I'll do anything for you... You followed me and I fell in love...
Love always, your secret admirer.

10. Dear Valentine,
I know you no longer see me as the same naïve idiot who was always by your side. I know you locked away your feelings for me as I'm a pure-blood of the race you hate the most. Though I love you more and more each day. My heart is torn between two. I now see how wrong I was to leave you. My heart beats for you and even if you wish to kill me one day I will do whatever I can to protect you while I am here. I will ensure that you never hunger for me again, I will wipe away these painful memories... I can't stay by your side... I hope you will forgive me...
Love, Your Secret Admirer

First Place-11K ~
Second Place-5K ~
Third Place-2K ~

Winners:
1st place: KeiHakujou
2nd place: PuppyLove713

awnsers

1- To Mr. Christian Grey from Anastasia Steele (Source- Fifty Shades of Grey)
2- To Kou Yukina from Kisa Shouta (Source- Sekaiichi Hatsukoi)
3- To Howl from Sophie (Source- Howl's Moving Castle)
4- To Hawkeye from Black Widow (Source- The Avengers) also acceptable To Agent Barton from Agent Romano (Source- Marvel)
5- To Troy from Gabrielle (Source- High School Musical)
6- To Saki Mikajima from Kida Masaomi (Source- Durarara!)
7- To Ciel Phantomhive from Elizabeth Middleford (Source- Black Butler) Also acceptable Kuroshitsuji
8- To Light Yagami from Misa Amane (Source- Death Note)
9- To Marianne from White Rabbit (Source- Are You Alice?)
10- To Zero from Yuuki (Source- Vampire Knight)

Art Exchange:
Evelin333 is hosting an art exchange! each user may submit a form (below) to her, you will then be assigned a number. then using a test thread, the dice will be rolled to decide your exchange buddy! at least 3 people is wanted, and if more than one piece of art is wanted, it can be stated in the form.

EXAMPLE
Quote:
So users fill out a form and are assigned a number
e.g
1. user A - references - anything else artist should know/description
2. user B - references - anything else artist should know/description
etc.
Then the test thread is used to roll numbers and give the users their "exchange" artist.
If they want more than 1 art they can state in the form but they will have to draw multiple arts.
e.g
1. User A - Ref's - wants 3 arts. (user A would get user B, user C and user D)
2.User B - wants 1
3.User C- wants 1
4. User D -wants 1
etc.

We want at least 3 so the person who makes the cutest art will get an CS item of their choice worth no more than 200gc.

FORM:
NAME:
REFERENCES:
HOW MANY ARTS YOU WANT/WILLING TO GIVE AWAY:
THINGS ARTIST SHOULD KNOW:

Barraka1987's Princess

Fuzzy Friend

15,425 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Generous 100
  • Newbie Helper 100
User Image

[url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/gaia-community-projects/t.84333181][img]http://i260.photobucket.com/albums/ii9/tikka730/Banners/cupidiing2013mini_zpsf1d11ee5.jpg[/img][/url]

User Image

User Image

If you are active poster, or a guild member – then you can have your guild, store, quest, or thread listed here. This is pretty much the only place where any kind of advertising is permitted! (Besides signatures of coarse) Just PM me, sgt.Frosty or The Furry Fuzzball.

Barraka1987's Princess

Fuzzy Friend

15,425 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Generous 100
  • Newbie Helper 100
User Image

Here we'd like to thank all of you who helped make cupiding possible!

The Greatest Gift of All (GGoA) Guild
~

User Image
User Image

art contest entries

User Image User Image
User Image User Image

Valentines avi entries
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

art contest forms
The Furry Fuzzball, 1st post page. 11
Evelin333 , 2nd post page 56(in link in post)

User Image

Barraka1987's Princess

Fuzzy Friend

15,425 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Generous 100
  • Newbie Helper 100
User Image

The Birthday List
If you plan on joining the guild, or you are a regular whose birthday falls during the event please message TheBlackCatLentheritia to have your name and birthday added to the list. Also if your name is on the list and you wish to have it removed message me as well.

Febrary

March
Zariqueen 03/02
Techpriest35 03/28

((And BlackGry also doesn't want their birthday known as it falls on a death day it's celebrates on Easter.))

April
Mistypaw 04/01
Sgt. Frosty 04/02

May
PurpleLovr 05/09

June
coolgriff14 06/03
Angel_Kitten_Sweetheart 06/08
ozkur 06/19

July
Waterystar 07/15
Theblackcatlentheritia 07/30

August
priinzeziita89 08/01
EPINAYCUTIEPIE 08/05
Lilsis Charmer 08/17

September
Puppylove713 09/02

October
Lnk1001 10/1
Evelin333 10/3

November
CatFireFlame -___- 11/02
Lindsay77 11/02
Rawfie 11/20
The Furry Fuzzball 11/30

December
Sailorstar165 12/21
MissDotHacker 12/23

January
X-KENNA-BEAR-X 01/04
Kreiystahl 01/13

User Image

Barraka1987's Princess

Fuzzy Friend

15,425 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Generous 100
  • Newbie Helper 100

Barraka1987's Princess

Fuzzy Friend

15,425 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Generous 100