Welcome to Gaia! ::

Which Valentine's Tektek do you like best? Entries in post 9!

Evelin333 0.14705882352941 14.7% [ 5 ]
Keihakujou 0.17647058823529 17.6% [ 6 ]
CatFireFlame-___- 0.088235294117647 8.8% [ 3 ]
Lnk1001 0.029411764705882 2.9% [ 1 ]
ePinayCutiePie 0 0.0% [ 0 ]
Abject_Muse 0.35294117647059 35.3% [ 12 ]
PurpleLovr 0.088235294117647 8.8% [ 3 ]
I_LOVE_PURPLE777 0.058823529411765 5.9% [ 2 ]
Puppylove713 0.058823529411765 5.9% [ 2 ]
Total Votes:[ 34 ]
This poll closed on March 5, 2012.
No longer accepting new votes.

Pi-Nerd rolled 8 10-sided dice: 1, 1, 4, 3, 10, 3, 6, 7 Total: 35 (8-80)

Invisible Giver

8,000 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
sailorstar165
Pi-Nerd
I'm amazed at how little homework my teachers assign, given that I'm a senior taking 3 AP classes. Physics and statistics can be done together if I have a free before them, chemistry doesn't have homework other than not-quite-weekly lab reports, English has not-quite-weekly essays, and Latin only has translations I've already done.

That's nothing compared to college.
Where do you go to college? 2-1

Kawaii Bibliophile

26,500 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Fluff Rehab 200
  • Magical Girl 50
Pi-Nerd
sailorstar165
Pi-Nerd
I'm amazed at how little homework my teachers assign, given that I'm a senior taking 3 AP classes. Physics and statistics can be done together if I have a free before them, chemistry doesn't have homework other than not-quite-weekly lab reports, English has not-quite-weekly essays, and Latin only has translations I've already done.

Case Western Reserve University.

Pi-Nerd rolled 8 10-sided dice: 6, 5, 6, 3, 2, 4, 3, 5 Total: 34 (8-80)

Invisible Giver

8,000 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
sailorstar165
Pi-Nerd
sailorstar165
Pi-Nerd

Nice! I was actually researching the Michelson-Morley experiment a few days ago, and now wikipedia tells me it was done at Case Western Reserve University. 2-2

Kawaii Bibliophile

26,500 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Fluff Rehab 200
  • Magical Girl 50
Pi-Nerd
sailorstar165
Pi-Nerd
sailorstar165
Pi-Nerd

Nice! I was actually researching the Michelson-Morley experiment a few days ago, and now wikipedia tells me it was done at Case Western Reserve University. 2-2

Really? Cool. I'm not sure what that experiment was, but it sounds impressive. biggrin

Pi-Nerd rolled 8 10-sided dice: 2, 4, 1, 2, 8, 10, 4, 2 Total: 33 (8-80)

Invisible Giver

8,000 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
sailorstar165
Pi-Nerd
sailorstar165
Pi-Nerd
sailorstar165
Pi-Nerd

Really? Cool. I'm not sure what that experiment was, but it sounds impressive. biggrin
*Prepares to fail at explaining experiment*
It was an experiment to see if the speed of light was constant. People knew (thought) that light was waves. They wondered what the waves went through. If you drop a pebble in a pond, the waves go through water, so perhaps if you light a candle, the light waves go through the Æther. But what happens if you drop a pebble in a river instead of a pond? There are still waves, but the waves are relative to the river, and not to you. The waves going with the flow of the river will move faster (relative to you) than the ones going against the river. Could this happen with light? Does the Æther flow? To test this, Michelson and Morley measured the speed of light twice (well, probably many times, but 2 makes it simpler). The two times were 6 months apart, so the Earth would be moving in opposite directions. Both times, they got the same result, so they concluded that there is no Æther breeze. 2-3

Kawaii Bibliophile

26,500 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Fluff Rehab 200
  • Magical Girl 50
Pi-Nerd
sailorstar165
Pi-Nerd
sailorstar165
Pi-Nerd

It was an experiment to see if the speed of light was constant. People knew (thought) that light was waves. They wondered what the waves went through. If you drop a pebble in a pond, the waves go through water, so perhaps if you light a candle, the light waves go through the Æther. But what happens if you drop a pebble in a river instead of a pond? There are still waves, but the waves are relative to the river, and not to you. The waves going with the flow of the river will move faster (relative to you) than the ones going against the river. Could this happen with light? Does the Æther flow? To test this, Michelson and Morley measured the speed of light twice (well, probably many times, but 2 makes it simpler). The two times were 6 months apart, so the Earth would be moving in opposite directions. Both times, they got the same result, so they concluded that there is no Æther breeze. 2-3

So speed of light remains constant.

Interesting experiment. smile

Pi-Nerd rolled 8 10-sided dice: 7, 8, 7, 7, 9, 10, 3, 4 Total: 55 (8-80)

Invisible Giver

8,000 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
sailorstar165
Pi-Nerd
sailorstar165
Pi-Nerd
sailorstar165
Pi-Nerd

So speed of light remains constant.

Interesting experiment. smile
Preparation for science meets fills me with strange information. 2-4

Brainy Mage

Hey there everyone. *pokes*

Pi-Nerd rolled 12 20-sided dice: 8, 20, 20, 19, 18, 6, 8, 19, 13, 7, 15, 17 Total: 170 (12-240)

Invisible Giver

8,000 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
Shadows10000
Hello! Having a good cupiding? 3-1

Brainy Mage

Pi-Nerd
Shadows10000