• Millionaire 200
  • Generous 100
  • Signature Look 250
laladri
DarknessByDay
laladri
DarknessByDay
laladri
so..you want... people to buy from the shop even if they resell it in the mp?

Yes, because if you buy an item from Dernier Cri, or any other gold shop, that gold is removed from the economy. If you buy it from the MP, that gold is still a part of the Gaia economy, you've just given it to someone else. The premise of this pledge is that by removing gold entirely from the economy by sinking it into the stores ultimately there will be less gold in the economy, making gold worth more, and prices will drop again. Buying from the shop to resell will ultimately cost you some gold, since the items sell for less in the MP, but the upside is that you will have made a small step toward helping to control the inflation.

well frick i bought the peachy scarf in the store but i didn't take a screen shot.
at least i know i helped out though~ 4laugh

Awesome! Thanks for your support! Would you like to take the Shops Pledge? It's just a pledge that whenever you go to buy something that's available in the shops, you will buy it from the shops instead of the MP.

yes! i am more than willing to do anything i can to help give the economy a little boost.
i've always wanted more than 3 mil but not in this way. gonk

Agreed, having lots of gold doesn't mean anything anymore, because it's so easy now. Used to be, when someone had awesome items it was cause for respect because they'd either been around long enough to have gotten them when they came out, or because they worked and quested their tails off.

bromeme's Oppa

Wheezing Sex Symbol

11,525 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Brandisher 100
DarknessByDay
laladri
DarknessByDay
laladri
DarknessByDay
laladri
so..you want... people to buy from the shop even if they resell it in the mp?

Yes, because if you buy an item from Dernier Cri, or any other gold shop, that gold is removed from the economy. If you buy it from the MP, that gold is still a part of the Gaia economy, you've just given it to someone else. The premise of this pledge is that by removing gold entirely from the economy by sinking it into the stores ultimately there will be less gold in the economy, making gold worth more, and prices will drop again. Buying from the shop to resell will ultimately cost you some gold, since the items sell for less in the MP, but the upside is that you will have made a small step toward helping to control the inflation.

well frick i bought the peachy scarf in the store but i didn't take a screen shot.
at least i know i helped out though~ 4laugh

Awesome! Thanks for your support! Would you like to take the Shops Pledge? It's just a pledge that whenever you go to buy something that's available in the shops, you will buy it from the shops instead of the MP.

yes! i am more than willing to do anything i can to help give the economy a little boost.
i've always wanted more than 3 mil but not in this way. gonk

Agreed, having lots of gold doesn't mean anything anymore, because it's so easy now. Used to be, when someone had awesome items it was cause for respect because they'd either been around long enough to have gotten them when they came out, or because they worked and quested their tails off.

it's still not too easy to get gold for me.. but i'm not really trying anyway so.. sweatdrop

Anxious Consumer

7,850 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Generous 100
  • Signature Look 250
laladri

it's still not too easy to get gold for me.. but i'm not really trying anyway so.. sweatdrop

I've vended for awhile now, but lately, when I can go from 1,000,000 to 2,500,000 in less than 8 hours focusing solely on flamingo feathers... That's sheer madness, and a strong indicator of just how messed up the economy is right now.

bromeme's Oppa

Wheezing Sex Symbol

11,525 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Brandisher 100
DarknessByDay
laladri

I've vended for awhile now, but lately, when I can go from 1,000,000 to 2,500,000 in less than 8 hours focusing solely on flamingo feathers... That's sheer madness, and a strong indicator of just how messed up the economy is right now.

flamingo...feathers...THE HELL?!
and to think i used to stare at my laptop all day on zomg and never get even close to 1 mil.

Anxious Consumer

7,850 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Generous 100
  • Signature Look 250
laladri
DarknessByDay
laladri

and to think i used to stare at my laptop all day on zomg and never get even close to 1 mil.

Exactly. It's just too easy now. Gold is practically worthless.

bromeme's Oppa

Wheezing Sex Symbol

11,525 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Brandisher 100
DarknessByDay
laladri
DarknessByDay
laladri

it's so sad.
i want me old gaia back.

Anxious Consumer

7,850 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Generous 100
  • Signature Look 250
laladri
DarknessByDay
laladri
DarknessByDay
laladri

it's so sad.
i want me old gaia back.

Same here, which is why I'm hoping this thread takes off and we can make some sort of difference to the market inflation. Even if it just went back to where it was 2 years ago, I'd be ecstatic.

Anxious Consumer

7,850 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Generous 100
  • Signature Look 250

Gracious Genius

12,400 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Overstocked 200
  • Alchemy Level 4 100
I love dernier cri goodies like
Merlin's hat, That shroud and those lacie thingies
I'm looking forward to be a gold remover

Anxious Consumer

7,850 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Generous 100
  • Signature Look 250
ReneeDeLaGee

Awesome! Want to take one of the pledges?

Gracious Genius

12,400 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Overstocked 200
  • Alchemy Level 4 100
DarknessByDay
ReneeDeLaGee

Not time restricted if possible but I can list which items I will buy and I'll buy them all from the Dernier Cri shop
Lumina Shroud
Merlin's Hat
Royal Tyrian Raiment
Gloriana's Valenciennes Lace
Gloriana's Chantilly Lace

I'd Wish Dernier Cri brought out more items
the designs are really cool
not the re-releases

Anxious Consumer

7,850 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Generous 100
  • Signature Look 250
ReneeDeLaGee
DarknessByDay
ReneeDeLaGee

Not time restricted if possible but I can list which items I will buy and I'll buy them all from the Dernier Cri shop
Lumina Shroud
Merlin's Hat
Royal Tyrian Raiment
Gloriana's Valenciennes Lace
Gloriana's Chantilly Lace

I'd Wish Dernier Cri brought out more items
the designs are really cool
not the re-releases

That's cool, time restrictions are only if you're wanting to buy and resell so many per month just to sink gold. If you're questing or buying for keeps there's no worry. Just don't forget to let us know as you get things so that we can add your purchases to the total Gold sunk!

Did you see the new tail? I'm thinking about getting one.

Beloved Sex Symbol

7,275 Points
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Team Edward 100
  • Survivor 150
I'll take the shops pledge. ^_^

Anxious Consumer

7,850 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Generous 100
  • Signature Look 250

Quick Reply