No 0 0.0% [ 0 ]
I've heard of it, but don't know much about it. 0.125 12.5% [ 7 ]
Total Votes:[ 56 ]
<< < 1 2 ... 19 20 21 22 >

Shameless Hoarder

CandyNoctain
Beautiful Grotesque
But now I am really going to bed. >.<

Good night Bo. Sweet Dreams. You'll find Slender in the morning.

I love your outfit. heart

Shameless Hoarder

RustyRobot
Did somebody say Slender? emotion_dowant

ninja

Mine now. razz

Shameless Hoarder

I sure hope I'm not coming down with something...I keep seeing giant bunnies on my screen. O_O

Versatile Model

Beautiful Grotesque
RustyRobot
Did somebody say Slender? emotion_dowant

ninja

Mine now. razz

Sweeeeeet!

Newbie Noob

6,950 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Gaian 50
Beautiful Grotesque
User Image

Question Who is Leo Kanner and Hans Asperger and what do they have in common with Autism?

Leo Kanner (June 13, 1894 – April 3, 1981) was a Jewish American psychiatrist and physician known for his work related to autism. Kanner's work formed the foundation of child and adolescent psychiatry in the U.S. and worldwide.

Hans Asperger (February 18, 1906 – October 21, 1980) was an Austrian pediatrician, medical theorist, and medical professor. He is best known for his early studies on mental disorders, especially in children.

His (Leo Kanner) seminal 1943 paper, "Autistic Disturbances of Affective Contact", together with the work of Hans Asperger, forms the basis of the modern study of autism.

/goes back to work wink

10,400 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Generous 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
I'm not interested in the contests but I'll show off my avatar with a brief day in the life of someone with autism.

Having autism is like being an alien and not fitting in with the rest of society, whether being shunned for "just plain weirdness" or shutting yourself out because other people frighten you or perhaps a little of both. In my case, I went undiagnosed for most of my life until I had my autistic son who, I'm told, is just like me when I was little. When I was a child, my quirks were brutally shut down by family and potential friends because it "bothered" them. I placed myself in a glass case away from the world. Am I safe? Not necessarily since I can still see and hear everything around me. Is the rest of the world safe? So far, so good, but lonely none the less. I am blessed to have a husband of over 20 years who accepted me for who I am and beautiful twin boys that teach me so much about myself. I celebrate Autism awareness Month!

Kawaii Sweetheart

13,000 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Mark Twain 100
I put one of your banners in my siggy!

Shameless Hoarder

I tried to kill my laptop...it didn't work thank god, but I couldn't check it straight away coz it happened when I shut it down last night...and again this morning. But it seems to be working now. smile

Newbie Noob

6,950 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Gaian 50

Shameless Hoarder

I will be sending trades out to the 3 people who entered the tektek contest after Fritz accepts his current trade.

2 days left to answer the remaining questions that are there to be answered. smile

Shameless Hoarder

Shameless Hoarder

Shameless Hoarder

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out