Yes 0.53846153846154 53.8% [ 14 ]
I used to 0.15384615384615 15.4% [ 4 ]
No 0.19230769230769 19.2% [ 5 ]
If someone would teach me, I would! 0.11538461538462 11.5% [ 3 ]
Total Votes:[ 26 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Mega Hoarder

Red Kutai

Fat Tuesday v. Mardi Gras, eh? Sounds like some dramatic internal conflict... sweatdrop

I always wondered why "fat" tuesday, what does it mean?

Mega Hoarder

I don't play chess well enough to join this. How did your game go the other day?

Benevolent Codger

RafiCat
Red Kutai

Fat Tuesday v. Mardi Gras, eh? Sounds like some dramatic internal conflict... sweatdrop

Wikipedia Article on Mardi Gras
Mardi Gras is French for "Fat Tuesday" (in ethnic English tradition, Shrove Tuesday), referring to the practice of the last night of eating richer, fatty foods before the ritual fasting of the Lenten season, which begins on Ash Wednesday.

I used to wonder, too... sweatdrop

Distinct Dabbler

16,000 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Team Josie 25
  • Bunny Spotter 50
RafiCat
Red Kutai

Mardi Gras is French for Fat Tuesday. It's a tradition to eat all the perishable foods before the beginning of Lent on Ash Wednesday, a 40- (or is it 47) day fast in respect to Jesus' 40 Days in the Desert until the celebration of his Resurrection on Easter. The colors and parties come from Nice, France, where that tradition moved to Mobile, Alabama, and then to New Orleans where they added the color green to purple and gold. Purple meaning justice, gold meaning power.

Mega Hoarder

Different...Very.

Mardi Gras is French for Fat Tuesday. It's a tradition to eat all the perishable foods before the beginning of Lent on Ash Wednesday, a 40- (or is it 47) day fast in respect to Jesus' 40 Days in the Desert until the celebration of his Resurrection on Easter. The colors and parties come from Nice, France, where that tradition moved to Mobile, Alabama, and then to New Orleans where they added the color green to purple and gold. Purple meaning justice, gold meaning power.

cool, so do people actually fast for 40 days?

Mega Hoarder

Red Kutai

silly of them, its easier to fast if you haven't gorged yourself beforehand. xd

Distinct Dabbler

16,000 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Team Josie 25
  • Bunny Spotter 50
RafiCat
Different...Very.

They eat less, I think they don't eat any meat, and they wouldn't eat anything using flour, eggs, or butter I think, hence the tradition of eating pancakes on Mardi Gras. I'm not Catholic, though, so you'll have to ask one of them for facts.

Mega Hoarder

Different...Very.
RafiCat
Different...Very.

They eat less, I think they don't eat any meat, and they wouldn't eat anything using flour, eggs, or butter I think, hence the tradition of eating pancakes on Mardi Gras. I'm not Catholic, though, so you'll have to ask one of them for facts.

I have to say, I don't think that's a very impressive fast... They should eat one bowl of rice a day or soemthing. That would be impressive!

Why aren't you a tiger?

nm, hehe

Mega Hoarder

Red Kutai
RafiCat
Red Kutai

Wikipedia Article on Mardi Gras
Mardi Gras is French for "Fat Tuesday" (in ethnic English tradition, Shrove Tuesday), referring to the practice of the last night of eating richer, fatty foods before the ritual fasting of the Lenten season, which begins on Ash Wednesday.

Thanks for the info. Wouldn't you like to be a tiger?

Benevolent Codger

Certainly not... gonk

EDIT: Curse you, woman... stressed

Distinct Dabbler

16,000 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Team Josie 25
  • Bunny Spotter 50
RafiCat
Different...Very.
RafiCat
Different...Very.

I have to say, I don't think that's a very impressive fast... They should eat one bowl of rice a day or soemthing. That would be impressive!

Why aren't you a tiger?

nm, hehe

I dun get it.

Mega Hoarder

Red Kutai

Certainly not... gonk

EDIT: Curse you, woman... stressed

Who me? 4laugh tiger

8,350 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
I would like to be a Fortune Bishop please. I am partial to the Bishop. redface

Fashionable Werewolf

5,400 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
I like rook he hit's hard when he has a target in site, but i also like the pawn and the knight, the pawn is able to rise to any rank once when it reaches the other side, the knight move out and sweeps you from the side so yeah top three killers hooraa.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff