Welcome to Gaia! ::

Eloquent Informer

37,875 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Balance Begets Creation 500
  • Waffles! 25
[NPC] Gideon
Platonix
Physician heal thyself...then go make others join the Champions of Light team!
I'm honored, sir! Sorry about having to delete your post, but the glitch in your reply code that puts part of a spoiler outside the spoiler tag made the post distastefully long.

Eloquent Informer

37,875 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Waffles! 25
September 16th

lanzer
Hello Everyone!

Hope you all had fun at the Friday the 13th event. For those who missed it, I'm sure there'll be another one in the distant future, plus I'm sure there will be other fun mini events along the way.

Not much happening this week, but some of us will be celebrating Chinese Moon Festival. "Celebrating" really means eating moon cake and getting fat from it. biggrin

Zero Omega
Bluecandescent
Zero Omega
bluecherry
Dear Gaia staff,

Flynn's Booty. What the hell, man? What the hell? WHY?! Why must you keep releasing Flynn's Booty again and again? Initially, you made the claim (which I am still skeptical of) that due to its limited amounts it would not be a long term damage to the economy of Gaia. But then you've kept releasing it again and again in such a short time span. You added them to a sale, you then offered 25 of them for five dollars to accounts which had not used GC before (how long the offer lasts, I'm not sure personally, maybe it is said somewhere though), now you've extended that offer of 25 of the Flynn item for five dollars to accounts which have met some unspecified type/level of activity and support for Gaia for a time period which is not clearly specified. (In that last case it says it is a reward for the activity and support. I hope this isn't considered one of the rewards for non-GC forms of loyalty because a GC offer as reward for the non-GC stuff would be completely inappropriate as any sort of "reward." wink Please, explain yourselves here Gaia.

P.S. Thanks for the mouth pose in Vega and not attaching it to other stuff or charging eleventy bazillion gold/monies for it.

We totally understand the concern about the Flynn's Booty. Never fear, we've been actively talking about and conceiving new ideas for gold sinks that I think will blow you guys away.

Would you happen to have an ETA? You guys have been saying "amazing gold sinks are on the way" for a while now, but the only one we've had so far was the 50k GS rig (which was great do more of this in the future). Are programming gold sinks a priority? I'm just curious since I know you guys are working on a lot of different things, I don't want something this important to be put on the backburner for too long.

I personally don't have one, but we're still actively discussing them every day. We're trying to find gold sinks that are fun, engaging, but also fair and can stay consistent.
Zero Omega
bluecherry
Zero Omega
We totally understand the concern about the Flynn's Booty. Never fear, we've been actively talking about and conceiving new ideas for gold sinks that I think will blow you guys away.

Been hearing that a while now. How far away are these things approximately? What sorts of things? Also, how does this fit in with the original notion of Flynn's Booty being non-threatening to the economy due to the limited amount of its release? I don't want to end up having things that cost a huge amount of gold in order to sink gold in order to try to fight off other things costing a huge amount of gold because Gaia has continued to keep releasing an item that floods the economy with gold quickly. If that is the sort of gold sink we'd be getting or if we'd be getting no gold sinks, we'd still either way be in a really tough spot if we weren't people who got Flynn's Booty with things getting much more expensive. Even if you did get Flynn's Booty, if the extra gold from that inflates things to the point that it raises how much gold is the new normal for a person to have and things to cost, then that means people were paying real money just to keep at a level of purchasing power which had previously been available without paying that money.

You have to keep in mind that creating a good gold sink means creating something that is desirable and can provide consistent sinking, but is also fair to our users and does a good job. It isn't something that can just come out, it also is something that would require development time. So it may take a bit, but we definitely hear you on them, we definitely want them out, so we're going to keep working on them to provide them to you.

Princess Angelishia
Tannsi
Is there any way to make donor status carry over, or change things to where if you spend a certain amount on a single item, donor status could somehow carry over? It costs $30 a year to keep donor (to keep ads away, to be able to nerf fully in zOMG - although I rarely do that) if I were to spend $2.50 a month. To be honest, I really can't afford to spend $30 a month on Gaia, so don't ask me why I spent $50 on a single item recently during a sale. There is no way I could possibly swing any more money for Gaia. I was kind of frustrated to see that despite going above and beyond what would be donor for a month or even a full year, that it didn't carry over or anything. Once this ends, I'll be dealing with sound and obnoxious ads again, despite shelling out $50.

With all the recent high priced sales, have you guys thought about extending donor status for larger purchases? The answer will determine how and if I spend money on this website in the future.

That's a good question. I can't make any promises, but I will look into it. c:

Uncle Kenny
Gendocide
Uncle Kenny
Gendocide
So when did Staff Notices just become a place to advertise more sales?
It's it supposed to be for acknowledging glitches and bug fixes, and I guess little events....

Also, why the need for a SUPER SPECIAL SALE every week? They're not special anymore, they're just getting people frustrated. Inflation is going nuts and yet some nice high-price items are dropping like crazy because so many things are getting re-released

Also, what ever happened to user rewards? Having us spend more money isn't really a reward

A vast majority of the site was against making the change to centered. Why did the staff decide it was just going to do it anyways? Why ask the users at all?

More Phoenix items
Mantis Pet for Krims

The notices are still being used for site updates/bug fixes/outages/etc. A few mentions of a sale here and there do not diminish the fact that we're still using it for other things.

They just kind of feel cheapened by the sale advertisements
Any thoughts on the other topics mentioned?

Sorry for being a bother, I know you all must dread reading my posts when you see my username

I'm not in charge or involved in any of them so I can't really say much. I do know the site centering was required for a partnership we're entering into but that's about the extent of my knowledge.

Uncle Kenny
Marlen and Jose
When will the wedding system be inputted? please make it soon!! i have been waiting forever and im sure other ppl have too ;c

Not until after Halloween, sorry.

Uncle Kenny
Javier Cross
How come you aren't hiring armies of Professional JavaScript Users among the gaia staff's majority?
Also when can we have a contest to gather Professional JavaScript users among Gaia's Regulars to work with the staff for the sake of heavy-duty updating?

We'd rather move away from using JavaScript than trying to JavaScript all the things.

Zero Omega
TokerkingNEW
Zero Omega
TokerkingNEW
When will balloono, and draw my thing come back!?

Unfortunately not, OMGPOP was bought out by Zynga. Zynga will also be closing the OMGPOP soon.

HATERS HATERS HATERS!!!!, buy it back please buy something old back or bring something back, list of things im missing so much

- OMGPOP
-VJ (Video Lounge)
- NO Cap. limits on Booty Grab or zOMG

why why why Y_Y

The users of OMGPOP actually tried to buy OMGPOP back from them, but Zynga said no, it wasn't worth the legal complications, so unfortunately no one would be able to buy it back.

Jak Bauer
DuchessGummyBunns
My brother said you guys are gonna make this site 18+ is this true.
He's set on being so sure.

Hi there,

Nope, we are not making this site, Gaia Online into an 18+ site.

starzXnight
Fate Stays the Night
What's the situation on the Help Desk? I assume the Flynn Booty offer is still valid, but I can't confirm it because the Help Desk is down. Should I PM an admin or what? I didn't buy Gaia Cash for the Flynn Booty, but I know many people did.

There was a staff notice that went out regarding the Help Center. We are working to get this resolved as quickly as possible.

Uncle Kenny
Asiele
Hello!!

Will we see any Gold sinks within the next month? Will there be a raise on the MP tax? This inflation is already causing alot of stress and the re-release of Flynns booty....ugh. neutral

Yes and no.

Zero Omega
MistressRosalyn
Hello ATA.
I currently wish to change my username from it's current to "x-nevermore"
Upon searching this username, I found that no one has it.
Yet when I attempt to change it from the account screen I get this message
"Data Validation Error
Invalid username: Whoops! This name is already taken."
The usernames "nevermore" and "xnevermore" seemed to be taken, but not "x-nevermore"
Is a "-" not different enough for me to claim that username?
Most online sites allow the "-" to be distinguishable enough, so I wonder why this may not be the case.

-Rosalyn

Our backend system does not recognize special characters as a part of the username, so the system recognizes "x-nevermore" and "xnevermore" as the same name.

starzXnight
the dragon craft
ninja so what with the buy gc get 25 Flynn booty
is it only if you never got gc b4

If you received a PM, then you are eligible for the offer.

Zero Omega
Flux
Are all the ''loyalty'' rewards gonna be more special sales for buying cash? If so, then I rather not get any rewards. Not to mention that once again it involves that gold generator Flynn's Booty. gonk

How is releasing this thing four separate times, the last two being in bundles of 25 per buyer not gonna affect inflation? Makes me want to believe this is a move to impulse a tax raise in the market or to make users feel they have to buy cash to keep up with the high prices.

I don't think I will show the little support I had for this site, that being letting ads invade my screen, specially since the flash ads showed up. Ad blocker is active.

The PM that went out today should not be confused with part of the "loyalty" rewards as it is not a part of it. Certain users will get specific offers from us from time to time, that's all this was.

lanzer
Sweet Angel Mary
Lanzer,

Is this the kind of website that you truly wanted to create?

I haven't really felt welcomed here on this site in the past few months. I tried talking to DJ about it at gencon though he totally misunderstood me. I'm one of those users who can only get cash from free gaia offers. So all this cash stuff is making me want to quit. I know fully well this is a business and don't need staff to tell me it's a business. It's b/c this site feels like a business that just wants money which is making me feel unwelcome. I come here for entertainment. I love getting on zomg and hanging out with friends. I love talking to people here. I even got gifted lucky and unlucky this past weekend. But all these bad business decisions and the people making site decisions obviously not caring about putting out an enjoyable product is making me think that quitting would be better. I know Flynn's booty made gaia a bunch of money but it also made my efforts at earning gold worthless. I don't like having a shop for exclusive items when in real life, I would even go into one of those pricey stores for overpriced clothes. I'm tired of the staff wanting backwings to be "rare" when you promised they would be accessible to everyone. They drop rate is so low on quest formulas that you'd have to spends millions upon millions of gold just to get one. There's also gaia abandoning one feature after another. I know you need money but management really have to drop updating guilds b/c they couldn't cram enough cash features into it? What exactly is the cash shop for if it doesn't help pay to update features. Zomg, Heralds of chaos, monster galaxy, alchemy, guilds, minigames, etc...have all practically been abandoned for years. Did you really want to create a website that never updates features? Did you really want a place where have the stuff your company makes is left rot? Did you really want a company where even L0cke couldn't be a part of its future? Is this really the place you wanted to create? A place where if you can't spend lots of cash per month, then you feel unwelcome and want to leave?

I understand that it's difficult to see advertisements of things that are not affordable, and if there's anything more that I can do, I would certainly do so. Trying to strike the balance between free stuff and paid items or features had been something we're constantly balancing with. I understand it's hard for any Gaians to imagine that we could be losing money with the amount of items that we sell, but the fact remains that when all salaries and administrative fees are added together, breaking even is a really challenging task. This challenge led us to not be able to upkeep many of our titles that could not fund the teams behind them. This trend is not exclusive to Gaia, but all over the gaming industry as well.

Gaia as a website is meant to be free for all to play and have fun, and that includes the forums, games, events, and the tens of thousands of items that are easily purchasable with small amounts of gold. We'll continue to release more free games and items with all the resources we have available. Funder or not, I really appreciate your support and sharing your opinion with me.

starzXnight
MeltyBlood 04
when can you file a ticket? like the one if you put an item low on the market on accident. I accidently put dew drop up for 100k, I just want dew drop back. if I do get dew drop back I will make sure it never happenes again and if it does I understand and stuff but ya.

Unfortunately, people are experiencing errors when they go to file a ticket. We will try to get this resolved as soon as possible.

codemonkey37179
Shadow Ra Warrior
codemonkey37179
Hey Everyone. Sorry I'm late to ATA. We've been putting the finishing touches on a new game.

Can you tell us some information about it?

Well, ever since we lost the OMGpop games, We've been wanting to add some casual games to the site, and this is a version of an internet classic. We are calling it Smash Blox. We should be adding some more in the next few weeks too.

lanzer
Throttle Kitty
lanzer, what color underwear do you wear? User Image heart

I just have the default underwear under my Black Highschool Wide Bottom pants. What should I be wearing?

Sandokiri
DJ Arrow
How often do you check the Forum Assistant applications?
and is there a max number of times to apply? (I feel like I dun goofed on mine)

We check periodically, depending on what else is happening. If you goofed, you can send a correction; we'll take the one that seems most accurate.

If you happen to be declined, you should get a response saying why. If it also comes with a period of time, you can apply again after that time.

codemonkey37179
Mireiyu75
Hello,

I go on Gaia often on my iPad. I know there are certain things a user can't do because you need a flash. My question is, will that every change? Will there be a system or code or whatever that will let apple user access to the flash actives?

Thank you

I'm not too happy about that either but there just isn't much I can do, since most mobile devices don't use flash. Hopefully in future we can get mobile apps versions of some of the main features on the site.

Zero Omega
ambu blackops
how do you do the ask the admin thing? do you pm them or just post here?

(not a big forum user...)

Post here.

Uncle Kenny
Marie-Cris
Hey there!

I know last week, when I asked, you said that the Brony club was a last minute thing, but just to clarify ...

Everyone who played for Brony gets nothing?

I know we lost dismally, so we can't even argue about having earnt it, but the Brony team put just as much heart into it as all the others. Will there ever be some form of recognition for that team?

Look to your great leader for something tomorrow...

Zero Omega
zfr
I heard people talking about
the offer of 5$ for 25 Flynn's Bootys
for Club Verge Members.

Well, I'm a Club Verge Member.
And I wasn't offered any such thing.
Can I have please?
emotion_8c

Some members who received it just happened to be a part of the Verge, that's all it is.

siskataya
Ninina
Csilla Silvana
heart Please put non-winning CrosStitch contest entries in future GS Grab bags! Maybe like two or three items a bag in various colors? I think it would be a great way to really drive up the desirability of Grab Bags. heart

I love this idea! heart
I hope they do!!

That is a really interesting suggestion! I'll definitely pass it along! biggrin

codemonkey37179
Celestic Muse
Question for the Admins: Will there be anymore events involving the towns? The What the Fluff!! event was pretty cool in its own way.

Thanks! I expect we will, though not for the next few events.

Zero Omega
Rare Cookies
I was wondering if you guys were on the lookout for a new IM system? I find it harder to get in contact with my friends over PM. It's slower and less fun to hold a conversation. Hopefully Gaia can make its own messaging system sooner or later? That'd be great. Thanks!

We have one lined up, we just don't have the resources to implement it at this time.

Uncle Kenny
Platonix
I know you're likely not interested in giving further spoilers of the Halloween event, but since my loyalty in the event is going to be entirely based on one thing, I'm considering it worth a shot.

There's a rumor that this fight will be to the death, or at least that the loser will be somehow de-throned from his holiday. Is this true ( Y / N )?

I can neither confirm nor deny this rumor, except to say that things are definitely going to get...harey [/shot].

In reality, I can't really say anything about the story behind the event without spoiling some big surprises so you'll just have to show up for it and see what happens cool

starzXnight
champagnepapi
Hi, I filed a report because i havent been on gaia in a while and while I know my email, I don't know the password to my gaia or email and I have tried the email process, since i know the email can I just have a password sent to me?

Instead of having the password of your account sent to you, we change the email associated with that account to the new email that you specify in the ticket. After that, you would use the password recovery feature to obtain access to your old account.

Uncle Kenny
Darius Runan
So hey guys. Ever think about giving the battle system idea another go?

Indeed we have.

Uncle Kenny
Krissim Klaw
Any updates on our HOC achievements being granted? emotion_kirakira

Haven't had a chance to look into it yet. Will do so once the game comes down.

siskataya
Deletris
Hello there,

I heard that people were refunded for misprices~
I was wondering if you do the same for people who accidentally bought something for the wrong price~

(It's almost the same concept, so I thought... maybe emotion_kirakira )

Around a month ago, I accidentally bought a Flynn booty for 3m thinking it was the bundle.
(They looked the same to me, and the price was what the bundle sold for at the time QAQ)

I was refreshing at the just listed section, so it was a honest but careless mistake on my behalf.

____

Thank you for taking the time to read this ;u;~!

Thanks for the interesting post! This is not something we've thought of before, so I don't have an official policy answer for you. But I will raise it with the group since I believe it has merit biggrin

Zero Omega
l The Huntress Artemis l
As employees of Gaiaonline, do you get an unlimited amount of gold or any item you want? Or do you have to work/pay for it like everyone else or...?

We have to earn gold like everyone else.

siskataya
Hyperactive Hiccup
When can I get Gaia married?
emotion_c8
?

Not sure! We're still exploring this option. If we do decide to go ahead with it, we'll let everyone know! biggrin

Uncle Kenny
Sakura Parfait
momo-ai13
DuchessGummyBunns
My brother said you guys are gonna make this site 18+ is this true.
He's set on being so sure.

(sorry if someone already answered this)
They are not making this site 18+, they are however creating an 18+ website that looked like a 4chan rip-off to me...

Do you have proof of this? How do you know it looks like a "4chan ripoff" if it hasn't been released yet?

There is a fake screenshot going around from something that some are taking to be true. It is indeed fake though so anybody claiming it's real is just misguided. There are no public images or mocks for the new site.

Uncle Kenny
Arche Elf
So which is more likely to come out first:
A) Pets System
B) New Inventory Arranger
C) Marriage System
D) That new forum system where we upload pictures ...?
E) Crosstitch Winners
F) Halloween Event

Probably a tie between Inventory Arranger and Halloween Event with Crosstitch shortly after.

Jak Bauer
MiniNitemares
Hihi! Im wondering, how many warnings do you get before you get banned?

Hi there,

It depends on what you did and how often. For the more serious offenses it's less likely you will get a warning at all. So your best bet is to stay within the rules.

Uncle Kenny
Katyasha_fox
Any hints on what the Halloween Event is going to be?

Watch my journal in the near future for some juicy hints. For now, it's just Easter Bunny v Jack.

lanzer
l-lope
Is there any update on when we will get a UPDATE on Alchemy? AND can we know if Alchemy items are going to continue to be safe from these sales? I don't know if it was ever addressed if Alch items would ever go up into the sales...but they haven't so far. It would just be nice to know.

We do have plans to make alchemy easier. I don't have the release date yet but it should be relatively soon.

lanzer
THE RUNAWAY KING
Dear Admin,

Are there any planned updates for Guilds?

Guild update is still slated for later. Hopefully soon.

lanzer
Slick Southpaw
emotion_kirakira Are we going to eventually get body hair in the gold shops? Like for arms, legs, chest, in different colors and heck, chest hair designs?

Possibly, but that doesn't seem like a popular request at the moment.

Zero Omega
bonerblaster
Psst. Zero Omega.

Whatever happened to the staff vs. user League of Legends ARAMs?

Still gotta go ahead and plan that out.

Uncle Kenny
Raven Spit
Hi there's a concern/comment I would like to make. It deals with the Back To Valor Event.

I would just like to say...It was great and enjoyed it, but unfortunately I couldn't get the Achievement due to work...I find it unfair to all, when an event is a few days long. I mean...some of us have work, school, or both. I just have work. And my hours last week kinda sucked.

Which leads me to ask this other question about events:

Can events be longer then a few days? Or if their short, if they can be on the weekend/start on Friday?

Also. Can the Halloween event not be short? Like the X Mas event the past years seemed like they were more then a week, compared to the Halloween event(or maybe it's just me).

I'm tired of Halloween events be so short lived (on other sites, but mainly on Gaia)...

Mini-events are short on purpose, that's why they're mini-events. Unfortunately, we cannot sync events with everyone's schedules so someone is always bound to miss out. We communicated it the week before it went out and left it up for for 3 days which is actually pretty long for our mini-events.

Halloween and other big events last at least 2 weeks and pretty much have for the last several years.

lanzer
iszzyb
Tthis is a native question... but why did u guy create Gaia heart heart heart sweatdrop emotion_yatta

We wanted to build a game where chatting and making friends is the main goal and not the monster whacking like all other MMO's. Then out came Gaia. eek

lanzer
Imperial Shockies
Question!!!

I have been a member since early 04, so I am almost reaching my 10 years. Are we going to have any achievements based on loyalty? Like post counts? or how long you have been on the same account?

and can Grombies PLEASE GET AN ACHIEVEMENT!? emo Before potions and stuff, we had to stay this way for a very long time.

As more and more users reach their 10th anniversary, we're definitely thinking of more loyalty based achievements. Thank you for 10 years of being awesome!

lanzer
Thank you for joining us for ATA! Well see you all next Monday!

Golden Helper

11,375 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Voter 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
I've just added your resource to the Minishops & Resources Center! Your MRC number is 41.7
The link to your thread's report as it stands now is
MRC Report for AskED The Admin: Answer Compilation, though you may have to scroll up or down a bit to find it.

HAPPY VISITORS: To give this resource Kudos at the Minishops & Resources Center, please copy this code:

[color=green][b]I LIKE THIS RESOURCE![/b]
RESOURCE TITLE: AskED The Admin: Answer Compilation
LINK: gaiaonline.com/forum/t.30840637
MRC NUMBER: 41.7
WHY I LIKE THIS RESOURCE: [Explain your experience. No length limit.] [/color]

fill in why you like this resource and submit it to: User Image

Eloquent Informer

37,875 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Waffles! 25
September 23rd

lanzer
Hello everyone,

It's already the last week of September, and it's time to shop for our Halloween costumes before everything's sold out. The Halloween event is moving along nicely, big props to Kenny for being on top of the coding.

How many of you have participated in the Tournament Game? We know that it's been a long time since we've added mini games on Gaia, so I hope that you will like it. Codemonkey is hard at work to bring you more games after working out the speed issues that comes with any initial releases.

Welcome to ATA!

siskataya
Krissim Klaw
We have tons of cats and dog rare rig pets. Why still no outside of the box critters like praying mantises?

Krissim, I know you don't have your mantis yet, but it has been suggested! All I can say is hopefully it'll come out at some point. Obviously, I cannot guarantee a mantis item, but have faith! At some point in the future, you might be pleasantly surprised! 3nodding

Uncle Kenny
Slick Southpaw
emotion_kirakira Will we see more snake items in our future?!

Also, on a more serious note, would there ever be an option for the Smashblox to play with something other than GC such as tokens or gold?

Maybe down the line but it'll be like it is for now.

Uncle Kenny
Zanethemayor
Hello admin, I have a few questions about the pet system, seeing how it is hopefully going to launch soon... the first one is how much a pet is going to cost, will it cost 500 gaia cash? 1000 gaia cash? 2500 gaia cash or even 5000 gaia cash? I would like to know so I can make sure I save up my gaia cash and buy it when it comes out, I also have a question about the pets themselves, is there going to be a phoenix pet? I asking this because as you already know, I have been asking about more phoenix items for a month now and I would loved to be surprised by a super cool and awesome pet. the last question I have is, will club verge have any excursive pets, as in you need to be a member of club verge to get a certain pet you might want...

- Pets is on hold due to Halloween since I'm the lead dev for both projects.
- Prices are not set yet but there will be pets for gold and for cash
- I don't believe there will be a phoenix pet at launch
- Not sure if Club Verge will have anything exclusive or not.

siskataya
Darc Nightgale
Hello!

I asked before, and didn't get an answer. I was wonderin' maybe one day the custom SDplus dolls could have an I am pose. That would be cool in towns and such. 3nodding

Also maybe we could get some achievements that involve ninjas, and samurais since we already have a pirate one. It could be like the vampire, and werewolf achievements. emotion_kirakira

I really love the idea to have recolors of the mc's from 03. Now that's a gold sink that I can sink my gold into. I hope to see more in the future. whee

Thanks for takin' the time to read.

Heya!

Ok, I'm not sure about the SD Plus custom I AM pose, but I can pass along the suggestion! As for achievements, I like the idea of ninja-themed words - not sure when these could be put into the list, but then again, we're talking about ninjas here so you'll never know when they might show up! And really glad you like the recolored 03 items - keep an eye open for more fun recolors in the future 3nodding

Princess Angelishia
Prue
What are your thoughts on making a new alert section so that staff alerts aren't cluttered with sales alerts?

I think it's a great idea, and one that we've been talking about around the office. However, we have to see if it's feasible and it might take a little time to implement. 3nodding

Uncle Kenny
X.xHashbrownsx.X
Is there going to be anyway to receive or gain possession of the integrity ring in zomg again, that will not get you banned?

We don't have any plans to re-release the rings at this time.

Uncle Kenny
Prothyro
Hey guys 4laugh

When can we expect the Pet feature to come out? -super excited for it-

Aaand there will be more than cutie cats/dogs, yes?

No launch window yet, I've had to stop working on it so I can focus on Halloween.

Narumi Misuhara
frozen_water
Hey guys! I just have two questions I've been wanting to get addressed for a while now.

1) Can you please stop sending us Cash Shop notices through Staff Alerts? You already provide that information from announcements, and I would prefer to have a source for site updates/information that does not double as advertising space.

2) And, any plans for updates to the arenas? They've kinda fallen by the wayside and have become outdated and a little buggy.

1. We're looking at way to separate them out.

2. None at this time. :/

Uncle Kenny
RaffaeIIo
Will we be able to trick and treat in towns 2.0 this year? , or will it not be ready by then : < , i prefer going into towns to trick and treat then going through the shops >.<

I don't believe we're going to have enough time to have Towns 2 ready for ToT this year. We will have a Flash alternative to get candies though.

siskataya
Atrapenna
Hey admins, what is the "Loyalty" this time, its not going to be another verge, spending gaia cash is it?

Nope, the loyalty shop will not be Gaia cash but gold or other things like wing stickers. We're still working on the best way to determine loyalty and of course, overall shop construction, but we'll let you all know more once the project is farther along. Loyal is pretty busy after all! biggrin

lanzer
Denham
Hey staff, hope you're doing well this week.
Anyway, it's been a growing concern that bundles (REI, recolor, regular CS bundles with new items) have not been released in months.

My question is, are we no longer going to have CS bundles as we once knew them? Or at all?

For clarification, I'm referring to the regular CS not Club Verge, and I'm also excluding RIG and alchemy bundles in this question.

We currently don't have plans for a CS bundle right now, sorry. We are considering one for Halloween though. Will let you know when the idea is more solid.

Uncle Kenny
Katyasha_fox
So what is the deal with Zomg is there going to be a Halloween/Christmas Event this year or there will be none at all?

No, we have no plans for events in zOMG going forward.

siskataya
Throttle Kitty
Does gaia staff have any intention of ever releasing a pink devil tail? If not, can I put in a personal request for one? I know it would be rather populor! heart

We can certainly pass it along to Loyal for consideration! biggrin

siskataya
Brelea
Will there be more re-colors in the future?
That is the plan for now, and some neat things too! I cannot say when or what of course - that would spoil the surprise! ninja

Narumi Misuhara
Einrick
Hello!

The first thing I would like to say is thank you for the new Loyalty store announcement! It no doubt came out to make responses more favorable, but I think it works just fine. biggrin

Secondly is an actual question. How long are the Alchemy bundles planned to remain in the La Victoire? Because it would be good to know if they're disappearing next week compared to if they will likely remain there for a long time.

The level bundles we plan to keep in there.

Jak Bauer
X_Gator194_X
I was wondering if there will be a new instant messaging system similar to meebo.

Hi there,

We are working on that and as soon as we have the resources available we will be implementing one, but unfortunately at this time we aren't sure when that will be.

Princess Angelishia
Russia_Standard_Vodka57
why do the marketplace items increase and decrease every week???????

Marketplace item prices change constantly because it is members who list those items: not us. It depends on what someone is willing to sell an item for. c:

Princess Angelishia
drakokatze
is there a reason a number of questions are being skipped? ^^;;;

We answer as many as we can and as many as we know the answer to, but unfortunately can't get to them all.

starzXnight
Sky Thompson
1: I've made several complaints about this already.
I've purchased GC with the intention of getting the Flynn's Booty (I purchased it on the 19th and then I purchased it again on the 20th on a mule) and never got my Flynn's Booty for either accounts. Nothing was done about it.

2: I lost over 600GC because SmashBlox glitched and lagged, even after the "fix". I complained about some of my loss and even took pictures, but nothing was done about it.

3: Why a purple Devil Tail?
While I like purple, it being one of my favorite colors, it doesn't match anything on this site, which the exception of very few items.

4: You should have recolored the NM Scarf as well, not just the A Scarf. Most people prefer the NM items. Especially right now, since it's almost Halloween.

Mind you, dear Gaia, I've been on this site since it's original days, back when it was Go Gaia.
I've had several accounts and have given you tons of money out of my own pocket.

For your first question, have you filed a billing ticket yet? If you file a billing ticket with a screen shot of the PM or email that you received, we will be more than happy to honor the offer.

siskataya
Sigma Blu
.OMGAWD Thank you for the new gold sink one it will help with deflation from stupid flynns. Please make a White a Dtail horns and silver Golden Laurels. A Blue NM Scarf would be awesome.

You are welcome! And thanks for the suggestions - I recommend you post in Loyal's thread so he is aware of the suggestions. He is running the shop after all! His thread is here: http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/gaia-community-discussion/so-gaians-tell-me-what-do-you-want-to-see-in-my-shop/t.88108861/

Uncle Kenny
LiaThistle
We've discovered that you can still play Heralds of Chaos with your Gaia account by using the Facebook links. Is this acceptable or will we get punished for it?

We are still working on taking the game down from Gaia but leaving it up on Facebook. In the meantime, if you have found how to access the game, you are free to continue playing it. However, we do not officially support it anymore so I'd recommend against spending further cash on the feature so as to avoid potential issues.

Jak Bauer
The-Lady-Anatola
Hope everyone's doing well today. heart Unfortunately I came down with a cold this morning, but ah well. Seasons are changing, so it was bound to happen. sweatdrop

1 - I'm curious when the HoC achievements are going to start being rewarded. Are they already being worked on, or is it off to the side for more important projects as of now?

2 - Now, I don't play Ragnarok 2 that much, but it occurred to me that the Partners forum only has eigoMANGA on it so far. Since Ragnarok 2 is a partnered game, it might not be a bad idea to make a forum for it just so Gaians can find some other fellow players. Not really something that's deeply important to me, but it's a suggestion. 3nodding

Keep up the good work~ heart

Hi there,

For #1 I know it is being worked on, but don't know what the timeframe for when they will be granted. But it has not been forgotten and the Achievements will be given out.

Princess Angelishia
Jun Whatson
I have a question about the marriage system. Did you guys decide if you were going to do it or not? I've been curious for a while about it.

We've decided that it's a worthwhile project! 3nodding

That being said, I can't make any promises about when it would be released, as it will take a bit of work and we have a lot of other things to get done. (Like the Halloween Event!)

siskataya
Kaiserin Kai
Hello~

First off, I wanted to thank you all for the lovely 03 DI recolors *Cuddles Scarf* emotion_kirakira

As for questions, I was wondering about the upcoming Loyalty Shop. Can you give us a few more details?

Are there requirements to get in? If so what are they? Will items cycle out or will everything be there to stay? Will it only be MC recolors or other recolors too? New items all together? When do you think it's going to open it's doors?

Thank you in advance 4laugh

Thanks for the post - so glad you like the items and the scarf looks fantastic on you! biggrin

As for the shop, we're still working out the details. Some things just take more time to sort out then others. We haven't decided if items will cycle out or not - maybe some will, maybe not. I'd love to get feedback on this point. As for the recolors, it will be a variety of items - maybe some more 03 items or MC items, maybe some gold shop items - we'll try and mix up the offerings. As for its opening, I don't have a date yet and I'd hate to even speculate since I don't want to lead anyone awry! Loyal or I will post more details once we have them ^^

lanzer
frozen_water
Hey guys! I just have two questions I've been wanting to get addressed for a while now.

1) Can you please stop sending us Cash Shop notices through Staff Alerts? You already provide that information from announcements, and I would prefer to have a source for site updates/information that does not double as advertising space.

2) And, any plans for updates to the arenas? They've kinda fallen by the wayside and have become outdated and a little buggy.

I can't say for the announcement and alert system, as we're trying to figure out why a large number of users doesn't get to respond to announcements. As for the arena, there's been a re-write but the code had been problematic, and we didn't want to release something half baked. Guild re-write is what we're going for next.

siskataya
pistoIs
Sooo
will the current MC recolours eventually be removed from the shops? surprised

Not sure yet - what do you think of recycling the items out? There are pros and cons to doing so, and I'd love to hear what you (and others!) have to say biggrin

Jak Bauer
Atrapenna
Jak Bauer
Atrapenna
Hey admins, what is the "Loyalty" this time, its not going to be another verge, spending gaia cash is it?

Loyalty Rewards Announcement

It doesn't tell us what he considers "loyal" gaians

Hi there,

I am sure in the future he will be doing so. As he said, he hasn't fully set up his shop yet! smile

siskataya
Niran Silving
ImNoHero
Not sure if this question has been asked tonight already, but what is going on with the deal of purchasing $5 or more worth of GCash and receive 25 Flynn's Booty items? I as well as many many others have purchased the amount required within the time frame allowed, but none have received the items promised.

Yep. Happened to me as well...

Hello!

If you feel there has been an error and you didn't get a promotion you should have received, please file a billing ticket through our Help Center and we'll be happy to help you out! biggrin

lanzer
gataka
How's the new inventory arranger going?

Sorry we haven't been able to release the QA ready version yet. Still work in progress.

Uncle Kenny
Saiphz
When will the new pet system be released?

Is there going to be an update on it soon?

How long is it going to take for the new shop to open?

You guys totally want to make Loyal and I friends~ <3 ;u ;

Not until later this year or next. I'm the lead developer on it but I'm also the head of events so those take priority. Once I have Halloween and Christmas done, I hope to finish up Pets.

siskataya
Foolish Rabbit
Is there anything I can do about getting harassed via anon gifts? I have since shut them off, but I don't really feel that's the answer. There's no way to report it is there? since I don't know who it is.

Actually, there is a way! You can file an Abuse/Harassment report - the link is on the bottom of Gaia's pages. Explain the situation in your report and let the mod/admin team know details about which day the gifts arrived, what you got, etc. We'll be able to check into the matter and take appropriate action biggrin

lanzer
The Pagan Prince
can we ever expect Sword art online based items?

Haven't heard anything from Aniplex, it's unlikely as I don't think they are doing a big push for the Blu-Ray release.

Princess Angelishia
Artificial Goth
I Have 2 Questions..
1.Why Do Admins Post In Staff Alert In Forcing Us To Buy Items Like The Back Wings?
2.Why Do You Don't Change Clothes, I Mean Some Admins Or Developers Outfits Are Sometimes Amazing Or Fantastic Like [NPC] Flynn.

Hi there!

1. We use staff alerts right now because it's the best way for us to get out a fast message. We are discussing other ways to get out sales messages. However, these sales notices are not 'forcing' you to buy items~ rather directing you to a sale where you have the option to buy them if you choose to.

2. I change my avatar's outfit very frequently! 3nodding And if you're referring to Flynn as being an awesome / fantastic avatar, I couldn't agree more! She is, however, an NPC not a dev / admin and her avatar is custom art.

Uncle Kenny
Castle Town
What was the dang exploit to smashblox? Since it's fixed it wont matter right? It's been bothering me since the staff alert. ;___;

You were able to get an exponentially large score by not moving your mouse and just continually clicking in the same spot to clear additional sets of blox as they fell.

lanzer
Sakura Parfait
Just curious--could you tell us how that inappropriate survey got put up in the first place and how the situation has been handled? Was the staff member who put it up dealt with accordingly?

The issue was an embarrassing mistake for us, and especially for the staff member who put the survey together. Mistakes like this usually only happen once, as the staff member is now extra careful about where the information are pulled from. Sisky had been quick in posting notices regarding the issue, and future surveys will be reviewed more carefully.

Uncle Kenny
Gendocide
Uncle Kenny
Gendocide
I understand Smashblox had some issues
And yeah, it stinks that staff had to show up on the weekend to work on it but using that as an excuse, not so much. I worked 20 hours a weekend for years along with working another full job during the week AND studying as a full-time university student with a double masters. So sorry you had to come in one Saturday....
But you would have thought that the game would have been tested a bit more before it got shoved out
Not to mention the sever lack of apology to any user who was foolish enough to sped GC on the tournaments just to be left in the dust by users exploiting bugs in the system.

Where were we making excuses? o_O

Working the weekends isn't really something new for us and I don't think we complained about it either. We're happy to put in the extra work if it means we can get the feature working properly. Overall, I'm not really sure what the point of this post was...
Yes, codemonkey decided it was important for me to know that he had to work on the weekend to fix issues that should have been handled before the release of the game
I love him and he was probably frustrated, but seriously, whose call was it to push it out before things were set? I know there are always going to be issues in the beginning but the Smashblox problems were laughable

The point of the post, as stated in the second half of the post, is more of an inquiry as to why a broken game was pushed onto the customers. I have stopped calling it the community because we're now all just customers.

It wasn't pushed out knowingly broken. It went through internal testing and a beta test using regular users on the live site as well. The issue is that we cannot determine what will break once tens to hundreds of thousands of people hit it at once. The issues that popped up were related to the massive amount of load that the traffic to the game caused and the only way to find those is for it to break and to fix it afterwards.

lanzer
wendigo sunshine
I was curious to know if you might have any plans on making any of your games available on the mobile app?

We are putting resources in updating the mobile app, but first we'll focus on the more useful functions from messaging to items related functions. Games will come later, and maybe it might be outside of the Gaia On The Go app.

starzXnight
Cowgirl Princess Sam
I like to buy all the parts of an outfit. However, I want to know what they all look like together before I buy them. Is there a way to preview multiple items at once in the shops? For example, I was just looking at the regency outfit at Global Imports. Is there a way to see what it looks like when my character wears the shawl, dress, and bonnet? Thanks!

If you go to the avatar dress up page, you can try on multiple items that you do not own ^^ Simply type in the names of the items in the search bar and set the toggle to "All Gaia"

starzXnight
King Wesker
@ Anyone that can help..?

I've been having major issues with being rewarded for Gcash, I'm having issues with my Daily Treat videos not rewarding when completed as well as offers having a black screen. I've already cleared my cache and still having the same issue..
I've been missing my daily treat videos as well as offers from the gcash tree because of not being rewarded.

I'm honestly starting to consider this account being glitched or something since I can't get rewarded.

Have you tried contacting TrialPay about these uncompleted offers? They are your first line of support for looking into being credited the Gaia Cash that you are owed. In order to contact TrialPay, just follow the steps below:

1. Go to the offers page at http://www.gaiaonline.com/offers

2. Click on "complete offers."

3. In the upper left-hand corner, click "support."

4. This will display a list of offers that you have started or completed, click "Contact Support" under "Actions."

5. File a ticket explaining the Gaia Cash wasn't credited.

From there, TrialPay should be able to assist you in having the Gaia Cash get credited to your account.

Sandokiri
Ma Ajmala
When you guys post Ask the Admin are you guys in your offices or are you in your own personal homes/pc?

The reason I ask is its like 5:45 PM over there unless you guys stay an extra hour and do it out of love and dedication every Monday which is cool heart

Almost always at the office, unless for some reason one or more of us actually isn't. 3nodding

lanzer
Marlen and Jose
is it a definitely a yes for gaia marriages this year?

Yeah just ironing out the details. It'll be out soon

lanzer
Arilou
With all the changes to higher resolution screens/devices, do you guys have in mind to improve size/resolution of our avies and the art involved?

^.^

With hundred thousand items on the site, we won't be able to turn the resolution higher without a tremendous amount of work, unfortunately. If we're starting from scratch today, we would work on a much larger avatar.

Sandokiri
Saiphz
Question for the admin:

Do you think you guys will be hiring people as forum assistants in 6months? I turn 18 then and have wanted to be one for a few years now...

In about six months? It's possible; but hard to see the future is. Always in motion...

siskataya
Bellecoso
1. Why Monsieur Loyal? Why not a new NPC? Is it just because he appears to be popular? Is his circus a 'side hobby' now?

2. You do realize his name was already a pun without the Loyalty Rewards joke, right?

3. PLOT!!!!!

We just liked him because he is super awesome and the name is perfect. And he is well-liked and super cool. Really, that is why. Plus, why not?

PLOT!!!!!!!!

lanzer
Niran Silving
Just thought of something actually. Will there be more frog like items? I love frogs but am sad by how there is so little frog items here.

Frogs are one of few IAM items available, so at least we do have you in mind when creating that item. smile Hope to see more in the future.

lanzer
Thank you to all of you for joining us for ATA this week! Haven't seen so many people in quite a while!

This Friday, please keep an eye out for some really cool news relating to this year's Halloween event. wink Have a great week!

siskataya
Hey everyone!

Holy moly this thread is going fast today - too fast! It's making us dizzy eek

Anyway, I don't think we will even begin to get to all the posts today. Not to worry, we'll check back in this thread over the next few days and continue answering as many posts as we are able or pm'ing you with responses.

Just wanted to let you all know so you don't feel ignored if we don't get to you tonight biggrin
-Sisky

Eloquent Informer

37,875 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Waffles! 25
September 30th

lanzer
Hello everyone,

It's been years since we adjust Gaia's site design, and today we've made a big move in centering all the fixed width pages on Gaia. It'll allow us to add more themes and designs for events and features, but it's definitely a big change in usability and expectation. I'm sorry for those who wish for Gaia to remain to be left justified.

A lot more work had been placed into the Halloween event, and soon there will be another gold sink event. Please keep an eye out and enjoy the event!

codemonkey37179
xx I met my fate xx
Are we likely to see any updates for the Manga, Puzzles, WordBump, fishing or aquariums in the near future? If not, why and does it have anything to do with the recent rumours that Gaia has gotten rid of all staff proficient in Java?

The games you mentioned are mostly written in flash, although there is some element of java with them. Mostly it is because (since I'm the flash dev for Gaia) is that I'm swamped with other projects, and just don't have the time to update the old games.

Uncle Kenny
xx I met my fate xx
Will this years Halloween Event be once again connected to Gaia Cash (Beyond event CS items) and is there any way to complete the event WITHOUT spending money? How about other future events?

Just like last year, there will be cash options included but they won't be required to complete the event.

Zero Omega
Nimty
Zero Omega
Nimty
Will you guys make an option to let us choose to use centered or not? lol

Not planned currently, sorry.
Thank you for at least answering.
Can anyone answer why it only effects some of the site then and not all of it? 'Cause I'm sure we'd forget about it eventually but with it re-adjusting for all us forum users between posting and just clicking around.. it gets irritating.

It was a compromise because we know some users didn't want the forums centered because it would mess with their layouts. That and it also doesn't really function that great right now.

Uncle Kenny
Virgil Rosenthal
so whens this "gold sink" going to come into effect?

Later this week.

Zero Omega
Firanzia-Vice
Please tell me the rumors of the site shutting down aren't true..

The site isn't shutting down.

lanzer
2sarahgate
gaia, why can't you give us an opt-out? i know you forced centering on us cause that stupid anime site pretty much said "no centering, no money", but think of the community for once, instead of money!

and why is the post reply page centered! that's part of forums! ><

EDIT: i was refreshing the page for ten minutes cause it was so late. i was having heart palpitations..

Well the idea for a centered site started many years ago, and we've developed the feature under Gaia labs, with the intention that we wanted more ways of customizing areas of the site, especially for events. Throughout the 10 years we've made many changes to our layout, header, look and feel, plus functionality across the site. On a design standpoint, we can do more cool things with the centered site without disabling any existing functionalities, so it's been something we really want to do for a long time. My apologies for those who don't find it appealing. Hopefully the extra themes and features will find useful or interesting.

Zero Omega
Coidus
When will all this inflation go away? please tell me I don't like it at all one bit it makes me want to cry every time i get on Gaia now.

Got gold sinks in the work, so hopefully that will help curb any inflation issues.

Zero Omega
II Blue Duck II
OMG! IS IT POSSIBLE FOR YOU TO CENTER THE FORUMS PAGES?!?!?!?!?!?!?
ITS REALLY ANNOYING WITH IT ALL STRETCHED OUT! I hhave a wide screen monitor and its just giving me a headache!

Possibly, something that can very well be considered.

Jak Bauer
Neuneu
omg u gais stop copying and pasting stuffs:

"A magical letter containing special items available only for the month of July. Upon opening the letter, it reads: "Thank you for your support! Hope you enjoy these!" - September 2013"

Hey there,

Thanks for the info. I have passed it to the people who need to see smile
Jak Bauer
Should be fixed now! smile

Zero Omega
17 Crimes
I'll skip the rant about the site being centered and go to an issue I've addressed before that was skipped over in other ATAs.

Will you please add two new rules to the SSRC (sign shops, requests, contests) forum?
One being not reviving dead threads. We see people who bring up threads from a week to two months old JUST to find people to buy or sell signs. Can we please have it set to where only the Thread Owners can revive it after a certain amount of time?
The second rule being no offsite signs.. Because many sign makers have recently taken their business to LIVE stuff, such as skype or tinychat. They are still getting paid for such things.. which is very skeptical on what type of signs they are making. Please set it to where all signs must be messaged/given over Gaia, and not email, skype, or on LIVE?

Thank you.

We could take these rules into consideration.

Zero Omega
a mischievous moogle
Zero Omega
Sega Classic
what are you guys gonna do about the large amounts of inflation?

Gold sinks for everyone!

I have an idea, why not stick some 2003-2004 Monthly Collectibles in Flynn's Plunder? emotion_awesome

I've seen some hit Flynn's Plunder. We don't manually control it, it's all automatic.

lanzer
Sagebomb
Hey guys.

I meant to ask this last week but couldnt make it. Kenny hinted of vague talks, but could this be a likly possibility?

Poker has been something that I have hoped to see on gaia ever since the release of the casino.

I know poker has been potentially over looked for many reasons such as legality of gambling and potential difficulty in moderation and cheating prevention.

But with massive need for gold sinks, as well as gaias continued expansion into gambling based games (Like the choose your item lotto, or micro payment smashblox tourneys) it seems its almost pokers time.

As a gold sink. (Example)

If you had a 9 person sit and go for which the buy-in was 1m gold + 100k, that would create a prize pool of 9m (normally split something like 4.5m > 2.7m > 1.8m > 0). As well as a rake (Money that go's to the house/gaia gold sink) of 900k.

a 10% rake on all games/buy-in levels is pretty normal in poker, and I dont see why anyone who understands poker would have a issue with this fee.

As a micro payment game

Much like in the way of facebook poker games. You could allow people to use GC buy-ins as opposed to the gold equivilent. And since all payouts would still be in gold. You buy pass the issues of using money to win money (gambling). People love the chance to put in something smaller and win something bigger. Could be very popular. Could also potentially draw in a new crowd of gaians. Or draw back some older ones.

Visually poker takes very little work. A table design and card designs. Not too much of a step up from anything we already have in the casino. The only real tricky part is getting a propper RNG to faily deal cards, and then software which can process bet ammounts/winnings. Which Im sure you guys can manage. And a in game chat prehaps.

With this is does "gaia poker" have any chance of going on the table as something to discuss as a future possibility any time in the near/distant future?

Thanks for the suggestions. We are in fact planning on gold sinks and other tournament games. I don't have details yet as they're not ready to be released, but they'll be here soon!

starzXnight
Sagebomb
No sisky this Ata?

emo

Sisky is spending time with her brother because he's in town o3o

lanzer
gataka
So table lamp lightbulb ran out, replaced with a long lasting eco-conscious globe-shapped fluorescent alternative from the future-present, to try it out.

Pricy thing, short term at least. Shape means I can't use the old shade but that's no trouble since I busted said shade not too long ago. Bare bulb was bare, like it's going commando, except like not, blinding...

...Oh wait this is AtA...

How's the inventory arranger coming along?
Will I see it before the end of the year? :U

We're currently QA testing right now, but there's still more work to do, and I hope to see it later in the month, but we'll have an actual date when it's closer to release.

Zero Omega
xx I met my fate xx
Can we please receive justification on the re-release of the halo, an item that has been sworn to be NEVER RELEASED AGAIN. We were told when it was re-released in 2007-8 that it was the ONE halo taken from a banned account. Is this still the case with these new ones or are the items being truly re-released against your word?

Actually, what was said was a misinterpretation that was corrected afterward. We do not actually take anything from banned accounts.

However, I would like to point out that times change, Gaia changes, the userbase changes and so on. The Halo on its own is a precious commodity that is immeasurable in value to Gaia as a site as it is the first MC that was released. Over time, the item itself has started to die out. Aside from selling it, if we didn't, the item itself may have gone extinct. Since it's so important to Gaia as the first item that was released, it seems more fair that everyone has the chance to get something of such immeasurable value which means the population on its own needed to have a boost.

Our actions were not to cause upset, but at the same time, we apologize if it's indicated that we were going to hand them out to everyone. That is not the case, I assure you. I understand to some that it is frustrating, but at the same time, without a rerelease we would be denying future Gaians the chance to quest a little part of history.

Jak Bauer
Sagebomb
How is the Chaos Cash to Gaia Cash conversions coming along?

Hi there,

I know they are still working on it. I will check into the status and find out how it's going.

lanzer
Tannsi
Hi there. A few weeks ago I asked if there was a way to make donor status carry over. In order to make ads go away, you have to spend $2.50 a month, so if I were to do that for one year, it'd be around $30. On September 1st, I bought something in a sale that was $50. I was really discouraged to find out that donor status doesn't carry over. With a $50 purchase one month, I'm kind of strapped, even if it were just $2.50 a month. With all the more expensive items that are being sold in the Cash Shop and Club Verge, is there any way donor status could get extended? Frankly, I can't really afford to spend $30 ($2.50/mo) nor can I really not swing what I recently bought but that's another story for another day.

I was told that it would be looked in to, and I didn't get an update last week. Hopefully today is my lucky day! Any updates on perhaps making donor status extend with larger purchases? The answer will determine how much I buy Gaia Cash in the future.

Also, wanted to comment on site centering. I hate it. I feel very closed in. I hope there will be a way to make it left aligned in the labs (or a grease money script soon. =/ ) because my tiny screen is already crammed enough. =/

Sorry that had been no consensus yet, it's the combination of coming to the price point and writing the code to support a 12 month payment history. We'll keep looking into it.

lanzer
Madame Xiva
Hi Gaia Admin and Happy Monday!

Two questions, please:

1. Whatever happened to Gaia-on-The-Go?

2. Will Flynn's Booty really "fly away" this time?

We're currently updating Gaia On The Go at the moment. A new version should be out in about a month's time.

I believe so. More gold sink will also be released.

lanzer
Platonix
I sorted through my e-mail and emptied the Deleted Items folder recently, and I was reminded of those scam e-mails you sometimes get where someone claims you've won a lottery you've never heard of, and you are eligible to collect a huge prize but you have to send some relatively small amount of a money, like a few hundred, to recieve it. Of course the trick is there is no lottery and you're being scammed out of the few hundred dollars you're asked to send.

What, then, am I to make of the Loyalty Rewards Gaia's put out or talked about so far? Everything so far has been a setup where we're told our activity on the site has made us eligible for a reward, but we'll have to pay either thousands of Gaia Cash or several million Gold (ON TOP of whatever we did to be eligible) in order to recieve it.

Is there a loyalty reward of any kind in the pipeline that doesn't work like this? One that's actually a reward instead of something that makes us feel like we're getting scammed?

Yes we're talking with Sisky about different reward programs and the schedule for gold shop updates are not slowing down. We know that there need to be more free items and features, and will continue to release them throughout the year.

lanzer
Stacykins
Just wondering when the loyalty rewards shop might be opening up <3 >__> <__<

It's in planning right now, hopefully soon!

Jak Bauer
TheRoseLife
When will we get the HoC Achievements? I have yet to get mine. vnv

Hi there,

Still in the works, We haven't forgotten you all.

lanzer
StarShipAries
ATA Meet.. Monday

Needs fixing >

1.tabs in PhinPhang (when clicking from MP)
& no popup for buy.linking from MP.

2.cant enter homes,no town directory for T2?

3.Same boot,different price in Barton Boutique? >blk.dk elf thigh-high-boots.
ps.
No home links working in town 2 or town 1

Thanks. Will look into the bugs ASAP.

Zero Omega
Daariv
It would be nice if we did get a response for a lot of these questions @.@;

A lot of these questions are asking the same thing which we have answered before, however, I am reading them (as fast as I can) and noting the general feedback from people, so even if you don't get an answer the feedback you have (in the pose of a question) is being read.

Zero Omega
Beast Henshin
As I am not in Verge, I would like to know. In the (constant) announcements to tell us Flynn's Booty is leaving. It didn't mention Flynn's Chest. Is that also removed?

If not, it doesn't need to be there. It didn't need to be there in the first place. Anyone who could afford it doesn't need 250M. More than likely they already have it.

Also please, stop it with Flynn's assets. It was nice to take advantage of the inflation first time around but now it's just getting terrible.

Flynn's Chest will also be removed.

starzXnight
Fab Feliks
I honestly don't think a centered site is a bad thing.
Every other single site in the world changes layouts at one point. You riot for a bit, then you get used to it.

What gaia SHOULD do is fix the kinks and improve it to fit people's needs. Make it a little bigger to be easily view able, don't make things go beyond the borders or not.. meet with them at all.
It kinda ruined my bettergaia centering so that's my only complaint lol

If you find any issues with the centered site, please post them here. We will try our best to address them.

Jak Bauer
coolguyflame
I love how they're avoiding the centering questions/comments.

Hi there,

As we have stated before, we tend to only answer questions we have answers to. For instance I personally know nothing about if Flynn's Booty would ever return, therefore I don't answer any question about it. Same happens with the other people answering questions here.

lanzer
Corinth Maxwell
Re-posting from last week, and adding more questions. cat_whee

1. When I first heard of "Alchemy", I expected that nothing but "components" would be used to create new items, but instead, you've made it so that equippable items are required to create other equippable items, many of which I've never even heard of. Wouldn't it make more sense to have to use actual components in formulas? Furthermore, why not have all crafted equippable items marked as "Alchemized", in order for people to be able to tell the difference between a regular item & an item created by Alchemy?

2. If you want "Alchemy" to be more approachable to users, then why don't you remove the "failure" chance from formulas? It seems like it'd be a better goldsink if people are constantly crafting this-and-that to help others with Alchemy quests, rather than forcing people to dump trillions of virtual currency into a virtual black hole.

3. Why not change formulas (and for that matter, zOMG recipes) so that once a user obtains one, it is permanently added to that user's "known recipes and formulas" (i.e., not deleted upon use), so that a person can create as many as he/she can afford?

4. Will we ever get a House Editor window that shows the entire interior perimeter of a fully-upgraded house? There are times when I can't even click-and-drag the interior of my house in the editor to see and/or edit a side of it without somehow clicking inside of the "boundary window" of an item placed in my house, and then there are times when the interior can't be moved at all because it somehow locked itself in place, and can't be moved again unless I reload the editor.

5. Would it be at all feasible to add a feature that hides all "Journal" entries from the list of entries on the "Archive" page, when a user marks them as "Private"?

6. Furthermore, would it be possible to add "Previous"/"Next" links to all "Journal" entries that have the message "The entry you are attempting to read has been marked as 'Private'." on them?

7. What's the deal with releasing (and subsequently re-releasing) features and/or other things that, you already know your users have stated time and again, THEY DO NOT WANT AT ALL? Is the feedback of (certain) users who say "no, we don't want this" no longer important and/or no longer worth considering?

8. If you're all so concerned with helping to "fix the economy", then why do you keep pushing items on us from the Cash Shop and releasing an item you KNOW is going to pump even more gold into the system without the repercussion of actually having to SPEND any gold in order to obtain it, when you've got that "Dernier*Cri" shop waiting -- rather impatiently, I might add -- for more & more high-value items to be added to it?

I'll answer as many questions as I can,

Alchemy success rates are something we're looking into also. I don't know if we'll get to the point of it being easily noticeable, for that'll be a huge change int the system.

Providing links in journal should be something that we can do easily. Wasn't aware of this issue actually...

In the past 10 years, very few site updates for look and feel had been welcomed, and while we don't want to introduce any friction to your experience, we do wish to bring forth more features and updates on our design. Hope it's not too big of a distraction.

Jak Bauer
nate-tmi
Any thing new in ZomG

zOMG is in maintenance mode. There are currently no plans to make any updates.

lanzer
Aularen
Hi staff! :3 I've never posted in one of these before, but there's a first time for everything, right?

Anywho, sometime in the future I would love to see shopping carts in the shops, where you can buy a lot of items at once, and/or even pick the quantity of the item you want to buy. This would be a nice feature to have, especially when there’re gold shop updates, and it would make it a lot easier to buy multiple items at once. I even found a petition about it with over 700 signatures.

It be here.

So, do you guys think there are/would be any future plans for this?

Yeah, shopping cart is a feature that we'd like to have for the gold shop. We built the original gold shop with 25 items, and we've came a long, long way since then. But it's because the system had been built for small quantities of items at first, that it's a much bigger deal to update it now. Hope we'll be able to overhaul the shopping experience in the near future. Thanks for the suggestion for all those who signed the petition!

lanzer
Thank you for joining us for this week's ATA. We'll see you all next Monday. Hope we'll have the gold sink event out in time before next week. See you then!

Inquisitive Bookworm

17,175 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Partygoer 500
  • Elocutionist 200
Platonix
Greetings wise Platonix. I received word today of an 18+ sister-site possibly being mentioned in ATA sometime I don't know when, but I'll venture a guess in the last few months. Do you recall anything of the sort?

Eloquent Informer

37,875 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Waffles! 25
BRAZEKOOL
Platonix
Greetings wise Platonix. I received word today of an 18+ sister-site possibly being mentioned in ATA sometime I don't know when, but I'll venture a guess in the last few months. Do you recall anything of the sort?
Yes, it's been mentioned several times. Gaia Interactive, the parent company that owns Gaia Online, is very definitely planning to make an 18+ community site. That said, however, there's been very little word (likely because Gaia haven't decided themselves) what this site will be like. It's unknown if you'll be able to transfer any items or Gold from here to there, and frankly it's unknown if there'll even be the same avatar system to transfer items TO. Also, there's a lot of confusion floating around about what, exactly, we would be allowed to do on an 18+ site that we can't do here; should we expect it to be filled with cybering? Answer unclear; ask again later.

Eloquent Informer

37,875 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Waffles! 25
October 7th

lanzer
Hello Everyone,

Hope everyone enjoyed the mini event. There's a lot more work to be done on our end, but we're excited about this year's event mechanics, and hope that we're building something that we can expand on in the future.

Not a lot of exciting movies in October, but Gravity was certainly an exception. I'm a big space and science geek so I must mention this movie, especially that it's actually very enjoyable and meaningful.

Welcome to ATA!

lanzer
Sagebomb
Hey guys. Nothing too deep from me this week but...*Attempts to ask everystaff member who will be here something*

Lanzer - You mentioned plans for other gold sinks and tournament games. Was this meaning games beyond Word Blitz and Stack Attack. Or was it pretty much meaning those? Gaia PvP poker could allow for greater "gamification" XD. (jesting with this, but I still would love poker).

Uncle Kenny - Really looking forward to the event, will the gold sink end when the forum opens or will there we a slight over/under lap. How close are we to getting the forums *salivates a little*

siskataya - Hows progress with the loyalty store going? Also thanks for carl junior, I really hope you get to have more mini events which evolve this story.

Seems you have been a bit busy to give us any journal updates for those who follow. Is there one coming in the near future?

Zero Omega - As our devoted brony king. Have you dabbled any futher into understanding the community...prehaps watched a few eps?

starzXnight - Still getting used to you being a admin....I dont really know what I need to bug you about yet. What is most of your admin time spent doing? (So prehaps I will know how to bug you more in the future about updates)

codemonkey37179 - I dont really have anything to ask you emo how are things looking in the flash world, besides fixing issues of the past week, have you had much development time?

Jak Bauer - Hows that Chaos Cash to Gaia Cash conversion looking this week?

Princess Angelishia - You have mentioned "our"/your focus now is on halloween. May I ask what you are working on for this halloween? (no spoilers needed)

Narumi Misuhara - Things must be pretty busy. Your journal updates are always very informative. Prehaps a monthly update, or just a montly journal entry to inform us of stuff we may not know/appreciate. You have been close to bi-monthly. I know I would definitly love to hear from more stuff at your level.

tahoerelay - Do you have anything to say that isnt advertising sales? ninja

Im sorry If I missed anyone who will be turning up.

I was referring more to the Halloween pre-event, as for tournament games, Codemoney do have more games in the works, but I won't spoil anything, and probably shouldn't give any hints until the game is actually passed QA and ready for launch. sweatdrop

siskataya
Thanks for the questions!

The Loyalty Shop is coming along nicely - slow and steady and all that good stuff! In the meantime, I hope people like the recolors of items. Loyal and I are working hard to provide some new twists on items that we hope people really love!

As for my journal, I have a few updates coming up actually! I am actually going to be doing a charity fitness event in October to help raise money for breast cancer research and prevention. I'll be posting about that, as well as some of my thoughts on handling challenges that I've learned lately. biggrin
Zero Omega
@Me: Nope.
starzXnight
Sagebomb
starzXnight
I honestly handle a little bit of everything, so... XD

Development? Spriting? product management?

No XD Think more everything related to customer service (i.e. billing, hacking, etc)
codemonkey37179
I've been working on a halloween game right now. Then I'm going to complete the word Blitz and Stack attack, they are mostly done, but we've learned some things from smash blox, and I want to apply lessons learned to those games as well.
Jak Bauer
Hey there,

Great question. It IS still on the todo list but the person who is putting on our great Halloween event is the person working on the conversion so he's a bit busy at the moment but as soon as he has a free moment he will get right on it.

Zero Omega
BIacksmith
Hello admins,
I know people are wanting to rant about the cash sales and inflation but I have unrelated questions:

1) What team are you on? Jack or EB? ninja

2) Could you please tell us if there is any update on the missing Heralds of Chaos achievements? D:
People are still waiting for them and asking in the thread, made by Social Jackie, about it...
I already asked in the last AtA and Zero Omega said that he would contact Uncle Kenny but I haven't heard anything since then...

Zero Omega

I'll have to ask Kenny about the update on that.

Heralds of Chaos thread
3) Will we get a loyality shop like club Verge or is the recolor project it?

Kenny is also working on the event so he'll try to get the HoC stuff done when he can.

Jack.

Uncle Kenny
Madame Xiva
Hi Admin and Happy Monday!

I hope the Halloween event is going well. Just a few quick questions, please:

1. When we can count on a manga update aside from the inevitable Halloween one?

2. When if ever any LOW priced cash items are going to be introduced since there haven't been any under 20 bucks in a while?

3. Are there any plans for Aquarium Updates; new items or development on the Booty Grab front?

1) There will be several event-related manga updates before, during, and after Halloween. As for the main storyline specifically, don't know when.
Princess Angelishia
I can't speak to your first question, but as for the others:

Wisteria is currently in the store for 499 GC and we regularly release REIs for a lower price (usually 499 or 599). In addition, our MCs are 250 GC each and come out on the 15th of every month. 3nodding

There aren't currently any Aquarium Updates planned, but we'll consider it!

Jak Bauer
Zanethemayor
Hello today admin, I have a few questions for you today!

1. When you say "Pre-Halloween" how long do you mean? Is it until the 15 or is it all the way until Halloween itself, the reason why I ask this is because you seem to be putting a lot of work in this event and I think you would have it for a week or 2 so everyone can enjoy it.

2. How are those phoenix items coming along? xd
User Image
(I'm saying this because I want to annoy you)

3. Having any plans with Johnny Gambino?
There have been many people wanting him back for this event and I think it's a good idea to let him be seen again I think this will get people really excited for this event if you do. 3nodding

Oh yeah, I can resurrect people you know. wink

Hope you respond! smile

Hi there,

For #1 we don't have a preset date for you that we can release right at the moment, but the pre-event will be going right up until the actual event starts.
Uncle Kenny
dreamsk
Uncle Kenny,

How much longer do we have to donate to Jack? surprised

The goldsink will run until the actual event begins. There's still a fair amount of time left to go.

codemonkey37179
Kid Jak
Can we get a Flash based Punchout style game where we can beat on our most Hated/Loved NPC's

and any chance we can get more NPC Interaction with fan based threads?

I had to Google it. It would be cool. Not in time for halloween, but we should remember this for future events.

Uncle Kenny
JanJiz
I was wondering if there were any updates on the Gaia marraige system that was talked about a few weeks ago. Is this feature still in the works or are you guys not considering this anymore?

It's on our planned things to do but not until after Halloween at least.

lanzer
2sarahgate
THANK YOU for decentering the reply page. best to start an AtA with something positive for once, eh?

it's still useful to decenter gaia with greasemonkey.

can you decenter the post submitted page as well? that still seems to be centered (the greasemonkey causes centered pages to snap back to superior left align, so i can tell what's centered and not.
centering sucks, i still wish we had an option to go back to left align. it's not like previous redesigns where it was a complete code overhaul. it's a simple CSS file.

We'll look into that too. Sorry we can't put the whole site back, as there are features that will make use of centered site in the future.

starzXnight
Conundrum Cruncher
Will Sacred Keys ever get a use. . . ?

Sacred Keys are currently used in the backwings formulas ^^

Uncle Kenny
shadowdemon673
When is this new battle system coming out im curious question

It will launch same day as the Halloween event 3nodding

lanzer
Parexus
Hello Lanzer and the rest of the Admin team!

I was wondering if you plan on doing a sponsorship in Mecha Neko with Sentai Filmworks (The North American Licesnor/Distributor) of the anime K-ON!

We still don't have anything planned with Sentai Filmworks. I don't see any anime sponsorships in the near future.

Princess Angelishia
Twisted Breadsticks
how do you get the prices for the consierge service? they seem over inflated and is a real life cash sink.

Hi there!

The prices for the concierge service are the way they are because we take the worth of the item or the price it last sold for and add a finder's fee. It's a service meant for people who missed sales or have a dream item that they can't find and are willing to pay a little extra to get it immediately.

Hope that helps.

codemonkey37179
Stubbius
TOWNS 2 ISSUE.
So I have avatar items in my house. For example, I have 6 pongo the ferrets in there. I am able to see them, but friends that visit my house cannot.

That's very strange. I'll look into it. Pm me in the morning, if you don't mind. My memory is shot by 5pm, but I want to make sure I check on it.

Uncle Kenny
MeltyBlood 04
what happened to the pet system? I heard so much talk about it now its like you killed them XDDD

I had to put them down unfortunately...

No, really I just got busy with Halloween and since I'm lead dev for both projects, I had to put Pets on the backburner until I can get some more time to finish it up.

Uncle Kenny
Seraphiel The Forgiving
Is this Halloween gold sink idea your response to fixing the damage caused by Flynn's booty? aka all the mp inflation that it caused?

Nope, it's just something I added because users have asked for goldsinks for months now.

Zero Omega
Sugah Bee
I was wondering if some rumors I heard were true because they worry me.

*An artist I know said that she was banned because she apparently had too many trades even though it was for commissions. She doesn't come on gaia anymore because of that. How many is too many? And if we ask for people to put their orders in the trade will that make it better?

*Another person said she was banned for having too much gold and no Club Verge membership, and a guy I know said he's scared that you get banned if you don't accept the membership. Are these true, like, will they or have they happened?

I'm sorry if these seem stupid. I just haven't been able to stop wondering about them ever since I heard them.

These are all not reasons why we would ban someone and just speculation on the user's part if they don't read their ban e-mail or contact us about it.

Princess Angelishia
Gendocide
FIX SMASHBLOX

Those payouts should have ended back in September after the halo giveaway. Go check the announcement YOU GUYS made. That stupid game is pumping 1bil worth of gold on the site a day.

Hey there! Smashblox is a new feature and we're still tweaking it. Changes may be made to the payouts in the future, but no promises.

Uncle Kenny
LabTech Deusy
Any plans on making the centered site that the MAJORITY voted against an option to enable or disable?

There are no plans for that, no. The centering was made for a partnership with another company. The specifications for the partnership required our site be centered.

Jak Bauer
Ryan The Insane
When is an IM system coming back?

Hi there,

We are still looking at our choices, and when we have the time to do so we will be implementing one of them.

Uncle Kenny
dreamsk
Can we get the matching game back this halloween?

Any halloween plans for zOMG?

The game won't be used within the event but maybe we could turn it into a standalone game at some point?

Afraid not, no plans for anything related to zOMG! for the foreseeable future.

Zero Omega
ElenaLena
Zero Omega
ElenaLena
I hope everyone's Monday is going well
I was wondering how long does it take to get gaia cash after buying some?

It's usually instantaneous.

Does this mean I have to file a ticket or something?
Thanks for answering my first question btw.

Yeah, if you purchased Gaia Cash and didn't get it, just file a billing ticket.

codemonkey37179
Oni_Nekomaru
Any chance that Rally will return to the way it was with individual rooms? I know a LOT of people are wanting the old rally back.

Everything will not change back, but I should be putting an option for individual servers/rooms hopefully in time for the New Year.

Uncle Kenny
jonjon21428
If the last global donation objective is met, will there be more objectives added to continue the gold sink? ninja

Depends on how early the last objective is met and if I think a new goal would be met within the time frame of the pre-event.

Narumi Misuhara
frozen_water
Hey guys, me again~

Some concerning images surfaced yesterday, and I was hoping to get some staff feedback on the matter.

User ImageUser Image

Apparently the images show Gaia Interactive's COO Jason Lioa giving a presentation for "Manos Accelerator" where he discussed the implementation of "Gamification". The second image even has our very own Flynn used as an example.

The implications of these images are deeply troubling to myself. I am aware that "Gamification" is common business practice and it's not inherently insidious. However, The idea that business tactics involving manipulation and addiction are being used as a business model for site targeted at users as young as 13 is disturbing. Common business practice or not, I've come to expect a lot more moral integrity from this site.

In addition, while I understand the... "interesting" bulletin notes may have been intended as a joke, I do not find them to be humorous or acceptable. The users have already began to feel the deep impacts of these "strategies" and the idea that shamelessly manipulating the marketplace and community that has been built up over years just to turn a quick profit is somehow appropriate material for a joke is appalling.

Your users aren't a joke, they aren't cash cows, they're human beings. The site I came to love since joining in '03 was centered on the community, and it's become blatantly obvious that Gaia's recent actions have not had the best interests of the community at heart.

My questions now are:

- To what extent does the COO's vision reflect that of the general staff?
- Is there any real hope of returning more to a community focused site rather than just a revenue source for Gaia interactive?
- Can you ease up on all the controversial descisions?

NOTE: This was not a presentation given to Gaia staff or the Gaia interactive company as clarified by Uncle Kenny in this thread.

Hi frozen_water, I can definitely understand your concerns, however it's important to understand that those images are out of context. They had nothing to do with Gaia.

Regarding managements vision of Gaia, yes, we all want to see Gaia do well and thrive. Gaia has an amazing community and none of us want to see that go away. Not sure why the idea is going around that we don't care about the community. We continue to have mini-events, we've recently had amazing gold only item recolors and we have tons of free contests going on all the time.

I wouldn't expect things like the rates of sales to decrease, but we can definitely find more useful and less intrusive ways to message these things and that is currently something we are working on.

Princess Angelishia
xx I met my fate xx
Are there currently any plans to re-launch a merchandise shop that sells keychains, teeshirts, plushies and that sort of thing? If not is that a possibility for the future?

There are no current plans for a merchandise shop, sorry! Maybe someday, but probably not soon.

Uncle Kenny
Xklusiv
Any plans to keep the forum battle system around after Halloween ends? You have some competitive users on Gaia that would love a way to show who's the best outside of just fishing and the avatar arena.

Assuming the Battle system goes over well, it is definitely something we'd be interested in keeping around after and reusing going forward.

Zero Omega
CollarSnifferMcGoo
So will this event will one of its kind or will you collect gold from Gaians in future events?

That's up to Kenny and the rest of the events team to decide, but I certainly have told him to do it.

codemonkey37179
Jaz Neko
Are there any staff out there who even care about gaians anymore?
Just wondering.

Yep.
Narumi Misuhara
Of course!

Zero Omega
Kezendia Vandelbelk
Before and all, I do not think that it is fair that you guys answer frivolous questions and never answer very serious ones.
please tell us why you guys are ignoring all the important questions. We pay because we believe that you guys can run this community at least decently; so why are you completely refusing to fulfill your responsibilities?

1. Get the Flynn's box and a** of the one who thought of it out of here, please.

2. Since Edy is quite useless in the House-Items-Stuck problem and we don't want it anymore, could you put someone else as a person-in-charge?

3. Report: The TV mascot's thing is sometimes refusing to give out the reward for the work. Especially when it's using the news website thing and not the video. And recently even watching the video is starting to show this bug.

2. For stuck housing items, just file a ticket and we'll fix it up for you.

3. File a billing ticket and we'll take care of it.
codemonkey37179
I'll try to take up the slack on the house items. That's the only thing that is my area though.

Uncle Kenny
Kiarra-Chan
Kenny I commented on your profile on this, but you never got back to me.

Can we have a calendar for all the Flash Sales in LA & CV?
This would reduce the need for clutter, & all the announcements.
It can even be on the home page when we login.
It honestly should not be that hard to make & add.
Hell you can even add to the Gaia Blog.

An events/sales calendar is something we've done quite a bit of exploring into before. We actually have a working build for one but there are some things we still need to do before it could go out. It got pushed to the backburner though because we got really busy, really fast. It's definitely something we want to do though.

Zero Omega
Lapsis Stella
Deazy
Lapsis Stella
Deazy
Is there any news on an update for the Arenas?

I've been barking up this tree too much. It doesn't look like anything's been planned. :/

If I'm awake this time of night - I will come and ask.

One day we might get an answer.

I don't know if the powers that be understand that if they parade the winners somewhere on site, it actually gets people to spend more money on new items just so they can get themselves highlighted. And people vote on new items usage.

It just makes sense to highlight Avatars and the Arenas are the best place to get those avatars.

But the current arenas aren't viable.

I was told months ago by Zero Omega and Sisky that winners would be put on the Gaia Blog. But I haven't seen hide or hair of that. The last I was told, they were still working on it.

We said it was something we would look into, not something we were committed to doing yet.

Uncle Kenny
Chibi Frog Princess
Any news about zomg being removed like hoc and Mg?
ono

There are no plans to remove zOMG from the site.

Uncle Kenny
Krissim Klaw
I have a legit Event question for once. Do you have any secrets up your sleeve to balance the teams for the Event. If it is indeed going to be EB versus Jack the polls I have seen in threads are close to 85-90% in favor of Jack. This could easily be our biggest skew ever when it comes to a team based fighting event...

Yeah, balancing is something I'm looking heavily into since I don't want either side to have an unfair advantage.

Zero Omega
Bobsplosion
Okay, so, Pokemon X and Y are coming out this Saturday. I've asked before for stickies and you guys have said it's relatively low on your priority list.

The forum will get a ton of traffic this weekend, so now is the best time to add stickies. If it's such a big deal, I would be perfectly fine with writing the stickies, and having you guys read it over and sticky-ing it.

That's something we could look into,thanks for the suggestion!

Uncle Kenny
Darth Acheron
Hello all. Will the shops be in Halloween like years past, and what did you get inspired by to create their costumes?

Yep, NPCs will have all new costumes this year.

Zero Omega
JinxyCatPlus
Is it normal when you file a scam report for them to get rid of the trade from your trade history? I haven't heard back from anyone in days and when I was in my trades noticed it was missing

We can't actually delete trades, but they do truncate for users after a while. We can still see them though, so no worries about that.

Zero Omega
Kunopegos
Why won't Gaia go to New York Comic Con this year?

NYCC wouldn't give us a panel this year.

Uncle Kenny
Miyaka Hana
Zero Omega already addressed this in a PM earlier, but maybe to see if someone else can shed some light on this. Not sure if he handles this or if I can find someone else can help me out some more. 3nodding

When I use the mp on my opera browser the prices over ride the button. D; Like so-

http://i.imgur.com/9XFF2mx.png

I'll add this into our bug system to get fixed as soon as we can.

lanzer
xx I met my fate xx
We were promised a release of the new inventory arranger before halloween. As the halloween event should be starting very soon can we get an eta on that release date? It really is one of the most highly anticipated updates for many of us.

The Inventory Arranger is unfortunately delayed due to some bugs that are delaying the project. It's still high in priority and we'll have it up and running as soon as possible.

Princess Angelishia
Jin Love
Do you guys still plan on releasing Flynn's Booty?
If so how often? And why, why keep releasing it so often when you can see how damaging it is to the economy.

Also do you have any plans to nerf smashbox? It's pumping out tons of gold, you nerfed zOMG and Booty Grab, so please consider this.
You can make some of the prizes rare alchemy items, or anything really.

It really feels like the community is falling apart, there are tons of threads in Site Feedback from upset users posting about Flynns Booty, all the inflation and all these cash pushes. What are your thoughts on all this? Is this gaia's future? Inflation and cash?
I have become worried about gaia, can someone shed some like on all this? Especially with Flynn's Booty?

Your questions on Flynn's Booty will be addressed in an upcoming community announcement, so I won't touch them for now.

As for the 'cash pushes', I just want to take a second to say that every time someone spends cash on our website, it benefits all members. It helps us keep the lights on. It helps us pay our devs to work on new features and events (like the upcoming Halloween Event 3nodding ). It helps us pay our artists to create new items for cash & gold shops alike. We are a free to play website and are dedicated to remaining that way, but the users who spend GCash really help us to keep going and be able to put out more features / events / items.

Princess Angelishia
xx I met my fate xx
Why are you still using Dev notices to advertise sales when they have the pop up ads as an avenue to keep Dev notices free of ads?

We're still considering other effective methods of communicating sales. For now, dev notices are a quick way for us to reach people. Please bare with us as we look for a solution! 3nodding

Today's compilation is too long to fit in a single post. Continued next post.

Eloquent Informer

37,875 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Waffles! 25
October 7th, continued

Uncle Kenny
MistyMary24
1. Why are you ruining the Gain Economic Community? Since the Flyn's Inflation the Market Place is to high priced. Many of us older gaians are very upset over this. We are not liking the factor that your inflation has cause us to all suffer in the Gaian Community horrible. Items are so high up now that I know people that are leaving Gaia because of this.

2. When are you going to fix the issues in the guilds? I run 2 guilds on Gaia and have seen tons of issues like other Guild Owners have.
a. When threads reach page 2 they vanish out of existence until we delete or move threads. What is the use of a sub-forum if you can only view one page and nothing older? I have to link all the threads in the sub-forum to an announcement for my members to see.
b. When are your going to add a multiple delete or move function to the guilds sub-forums? Moving one item at a time is not fun and takes up to much time and energy. Cleaning out a guild that you take over takes hours to weeks on end.

3. When are you going to make it where the Cash items are affordable? Look you are being really greedy at the price you are asking for intangible items. You are not WOW or a big game site that the items are worth paying more money for. You are still a small fry and paying the prices are ridiculus. Stop the greed and bring the prices down so that the poor that are the majority of your community can afford stuff. You have all these sponsors you do not need gold from the people that play as well.

4. When are you going to reward the poor and not the rich? Having shops that are only exclusive to people that spend 100$ USA or more is really inconsiderate of you. You are saying that Gaia is only for the rich and not the poor. We want Gaia for the poor back not the rich. I am not alone on this and have meet many that left here because you reward the rich and not the poor.

5. What is this a joke to the staff of Gaia? Last week you had to chat about some bug and this week you are chatting about movies! Look I am not on Gaia to hear about a bug or what is playing this month at the threatere or on TV. If I want to know about movies, cartoons and anything else on that matter I would look it up online. So stop making Ask the Admin about everything that is not related to Gaia. I want to see what you are doing and get positive feed back on that first couple of post. Not stuff that is not related to Gaia.

6. When are you going to hire people that are perfound in Java and Gaming? You admitted a couple of weeks back that you guys are ignorant in the basics of gaming so what is up with even having a gaming site? Tell that new CEO to give it back to the old one or to sell it somebody that knows what gaming is all about and how to program.

7. When are you going to make it where an account is secure? Where people know that they have an option beside their email account to fall back onto if they are hacked, lose their past word or anything else bad happens.

8. When will you guys return pms? Did your mum and pops not teach you it is rude not to respond to questions? Did they not teach you to look into a matter before sending out threats and harassing mail over an item that did not exist to start with? Stop taking pay offs and abusing your power.

9. Do you even look into who you are hiring for a MOD or person in any power? Do you even ask for their resume and references? If not than you are performing a bad business action. Do you pay them for their time or take advantage of everyday janes and joes? Look hire a real staff and not just give power to everybody and anybody. Only a business that wants to be ran to the ground does not interview and hire people that are fit for a job. Only a person that wants to be taken advantage of takes that a positon in which they are not paid or confiscated for. What type of business is this one? Are you an illegal business or/and a corrupt one?

10. Why haven't they turned Luck Keys into gold sink items that cost about 23K in gold?

11. Why is there no temporary Quarantine in place whenever Flynn's Booty gets re-released, aimed at the Marketplace to prevent prices from getting jacked up further?

12. Why can't we even read the personal stories of the shop owners and instead we're still stuck with What The Fluff going on whenever we want to learn more about the stories of the shop owners?

13. You say you fixed the issues with centering the site but now I have issues majorly with the site. Are you going to fix the factor that your bar that gives the codes does not exist or centered in many guilds and threads and even on the profile in the middle of the text box or not at all? It is annoying and time consuming for me to sit and have to punch in all the codes by typing them out and not just hitting the button. I know I am not the only one experiencing this issue so when does that bug you created this past week get fixed?

6) We're a PHP website, not a Java website. The only game based on Java is zOMG and we don't plan to make any changes to that in the foreseeable future.

12) The update to the manga viewer changed the URLs for the various manga stories. We're working on putting the correct stories back with rightful NPC.

13) If you have issues with the centered site, continue to report them in the bug reports thread for it. They will get addressed as we fix them.
Zero Omega
7. We have taken a lot of strides to make accounts secure. We have secondary authentication, IP verification, warnings across the site. We, arguably, have better security than some banks. What else could you suggest to help keep accounts more secure?

8. What? O_o

9. We do not "hire" moderators. Moderators are volunteers that can apply at any time assuming they hit specific qualifications. We do keep an eye out for any mod abuse or reports of moderator misconduct. We also make sure to go through a thorough review process when bringing someone onto the team.

Princess Angelishia
ChaosTrooper
Princess Angelishia
ChaosTrooper
Can you please take off the Club Verge logo on the Dazzling Platinum Halo?

It didn't originally have it when it was released, and was added after the fact.
This makes it look ugly compared to the rest of the Animated Items.

I'll look into it / discuss with the others. 3nodding

Thanks for the suggestion!

Thank you so much! I hope there is a favorable response.

And if I may, both of our avatars make these wings look GOOD. Hehe. heart

Hey there, just discussed it. We're going to do it! The change will probably be made later this week! 3nodding

And yes, your avi is adorbs. c:

Zero Omega
Aeria Quies
I was also wondering
Could it be possible to get a forum admin or assistant into the CrosStitch forum?
There tends to be a lot of spam or really unrelated threads getting posted in there, and it clutters up the front page.

We can look into it.

Uncle Kenny
Flux
Uncle Kenny
Flux
Greetings, a brief question: Will this Halloween event incorporate the activity system from the past events? That is a more active minority would have a better chance of winning than a less active majority.

Thanks for replying.

Activity system?

Something used for past events, not sure how it worked but with it the minority team received a fair chance of winning. Like what happened in the 2012 Olympics event, Durem had the most supporters but came in last place due to the inactivity compared to the other teams.

Ohhhh, yeah, I'm working on a way to properly balance the event. No real details yet.

Uncle Kenny
Aeria Quies
Hello Hello
So I was just wondering
For the 7.5bil donation reward, will the item being re-released be put into the cash shop, or will users that are strictly gold users have access to it though a gold shop like dernier*cri?

It will not be released a shop requiring cash.

Zero Omega
Tsuki_Kirkland
Hey admins

Thank you firstly for the goldsink, I had a question though .

What exactly does it take to get a user blanket banned? There’s been this troll in the AMC , Ed and Lifestyle discussion forum we call Proud Asian troll who only has made accounts to troll users . Their motif is the same each time and it’s easy to tell it’s them but they’ve had a ton of accounts banned before yet they only come back to troll. so why haven’t they been blanket banned yet?

I’d love to know because I’ve dealt with this troll for a while and i t’s annoying to see they keep coming back just to cause problems .

We don't use the term "blanket ban." So I'm not sure what you're talking about. We typically do not proactively ban users unless they actually commit any sort of offense on Gaia Online, but if we know a user has a history of violating the rules using multiple accounts then we may make an exception to how quickly we ban their accounts.

siskataya
MESSl
For a possible Gold Sink, can you discuss releasing Grombie Generation Skins?
Maybe as an soul bound, over 50mil item?
I find it appropriate since Gaia has already released other 03's.

I also believe that this will get a lot of users to sink gold.

Thanks for the suggestion! I am working on the gold sink projects, so I can certainly add your suggestion to the list of ideas 3nodding

lanzer
AdorahBell
You guys did really well with the gold sink recolor items. Would you guys ever consider putting philosophers caches in the gold shops now that so many people are making back wings?

We'll definitely put that into consideration also. Recolor just seemed like a good place to start.

Jak Bauer
Ratedd M
Will featured profile ever be brought back?

Hi there,

We will consider it. Thanks for the suggestion smile

Uncle Kenny
Six Mekhane
So, early September there was a staff update that said this:

http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/gaia-news-updates/staff-updates/t.63632027_965/#965
Marketplace

- Fixed bug with Marketplace not showing average price or giving warning when selling high priced items (In patch rotation, will be out soon)

The issue was that when you were trying to sell an item with an Average Buy Price (ABP) over 1mil, you would not receive a misprice warning nor would the ABP of that item show.

So I checked it:

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Aaaand, obviously it's still broken.
I imagine its still in patch rotation?
Has there been any word on when this will be fixed? It's been almost a month...

Anyone know if any Admins or Devs have said anything about this? Shifting through the ATA is difficult, with all the Flynn ranting... @_@;

I'll have to take a look at it again. I had it working in my test environment so I'm not sure why it's not working on production still. Give me a few days to take a look.

siskataya
Doused
Any plans for more bunny items? I'd particularly like to see more fluffy tails in different colors. emotion_kirakira

You know I am always good with more bunny items. I'll see what I can do! Speaking of bunnies, my bunny Nomnom is coming into the office tomorrow! 3nodding

Zero Omega
Tsuki_Kirkland
if Zero is here I have a question for him

How much longer till we get that Recommend me an anime/manga sub-forum in the AMC? We still need it, and i’d also like to suggest still changing the name of animation/comics to cartoons as there seems to be confusion on what goes in there ( it’s more for cartoons but people post anime therads there)

It's something that I know we still said we would do, just haven't had time to do it. sweatdrop

Princess Angelishia
Kain-Senpai
Princess Angelishia
Denham
I know we aren't getting bundles in the foreseeable future, but would it be feasible to release new items in the CS that a) aren't recolors and b) don't cost $15+?
OR, would it be possible to have more than one GS update a month (similar to last month but more substantial)? Preferably one near the beginning and one at the end of the month?

Hey there! Just wanted to mention that we do regularly release REIs / EIs in the Cash Shop that are generally 499 - 999 GC!

Yea, but that's not what she asked. :
You have to understand at the amount of "sales" the users have been receiving at prices that just don't seem feasible.

Runcible Spoon 3rd Gen. at 999 gc? Really? That's a SALE?!?! That's a RIP OFF!

When are BRAND NEW ITEMS going to be released in the Cash Shop that AREN'T RIGS, REIS, MCS, RECOLORS, OR RELEASES OF ITEMS FROM THE PAST THAT AREN'T OVER $30.00 (3000 GC)?

If you can't answer that, don't answer at all. It would be patronizing and insult the userbase who are already frustrated with the "sales" your site has.

A REAL sale is finding something FAR LESS EXPENSIVE THAN IT WAS ORIGINALLY PRICED.

I'm very sorry you're upset.

There are some re-releases of past items in the shop for cheaper. For instance, Wisteria today at 499 GC.

It's not my intention to be patronizing, only to speak to what I know and provide the best information I have.

As for a brand new item going into the Cash Shop for a low price, I counted REIs in that category because they honestly are brand new items released in the cash shop for a low price. The only difference is that they evolve into their final form over a little bit of time. This is something a lot of people enjoy watching unfold, but honestly isn't that different from releasing an item that contains all of its poses immediately.

To your point about sales: some of our sales are this way. However, a lot of the time the 'sale' is that we are bringing back an item that is usually unavailable to purchase.

I hope that answers some of your questions.

Narumi Misuhara
MiniNitemares
Narumi Misuhara

I've heard so many bad things about you.
I am speechless. Can you please try to bring the site back to normal?
The flynn booty/chest releases (have been told it was done multiple times by you),
since you ARE responsible, can you limit the amount of times there are flash sales AND
NO MORE BOOTY FOR GAIA'S SAKE.

I can not promise there won't be more Flynn's booty, or flash sales, however, we are working on better ways to message these sales.

As for bringing the site back to normal, we are actively growing the team so we can get people assigned to things like aging features. This is one of benefits of all the sales.

Uncle Kenny
Kid Jak
An word on the number of people entered in the 100,000,000 Contest for Jack?

I know the number, not going to say i though.

Princess Angelishia
Edvie
Why does Runcible Spoon 3rd gen cost 999GC when the first gen only cost 499GC? Anytime an item is re-released it should make its cost go down but this just made the cost for any gen of Runcible Spoon go up. What was Gaia's reasoning for raising it's GC price?

When it comes to pricing, sometimes we have to judge the value based on the MP in order to avoid greatly devaluing an item that has aged and built up its value over time.

Uncle Kenny
Serene Rainstorm
Good evening Gaia Staff! I'm looking forward to the Halloween event. I have a feeling it's going to be amazing!

1. Is there a chance that we can have the Jack pumpkin that's in the header made into an item? And maybe add some additional poses to it?

2. I'm wondering will there be other achievements when the event itself is launched, or was the one for Jack gold sink the only one for this event? Just curious.

3. Any chance of a melon pan item being released in the future?

4. Can we have a bit more Halloween jewelry in the Gold Shops? Earrings in the shape of bats, black cats, witches, moon, stars, spiders, etc. The same for Halloween necklaces. Before I forget, Halloween cookies in The Buttercup Cafe please!

5. I have a suggestion for some animated items. How about having either an animated cauldron or fog rolling by our avatars?

6. I just want to say thank you to Sisky and Loyal for the recolors, and I can't wait until the Loyalty Shop opens! heart

1) I can ask!
2) Oh there will be plenty more

Uncle Kenny
nate-tmi
is the Battle system just for Halloween stuff or if we get the "Donate 1,000,000 Gold
Receive a 2x boost..." will it help us in othere battaLs after Halloween ?

If the Battle system is well received, the boost would be in effect after the event ends as well.

Princess Angelishia
Frozen Mist
Princess Angelishia
xx I met my fate xx
Why are you still using Dev notices to advertise sales when they have the pop up ads as an avenue to keep Dev notices free of ads?

We're still considering other effective methods of communicating sales. For now, dev notices are a quick way for us to reach people. Please bare with us as we look for a solution! 3nodding

I think it would be a good idea to add a separate announcement forum specifically for sale information.
And sales can even get their own special popup notice, the same way "Dev alert!" is different from "Announcement!"

It could be... "SALE alert!" :'D

btw Just so you know I got this error when I tried to email Pug's concierge service. Not sure why it happened but hopefully you guys can fix it <_>

Quote:
Sorry, we were unable to deliver your message to the following address.

<pug@gaiaonline.com>:
Mail server for "gaiaonline.com" unreachable for too long

I think that's along the lines of what we're considering! 3nodding

And oh noes, sorry you're getting an error! gonk Let me pass this along to see if its on our end / if we can get this cleared up.

Uncle Kenny
Salmay
Why doesn't the Halloween goldsink involve more actual items?

Because I had limited resources with which to use for the pre-event.

Uncle Kenny
Daariv
A few questions.

What will happen to Zomg?

Did JK get fired?

Is towns 1 being removed?

Why is Flynn's butt still sticking around!

We have no plans to change anything with zOMG currently. I don't really know anything about JK's departure. The current plan is to remove Towns 1 once we get Towns 2 to a point we like.

lanzer
lNZO
You guys should consider making a poll to return a favored item. Like you all did the mini wings and angelic scarf. A Red or Green Nitemare Scarf would be epic!!!

No promises on particular items, but there will likely be a poll in the near future. As many expressed that they like recolored items, we'll continue making more of them.

Thank you for joining us! We'll see you all next Monday!

Uncle Kenny
I only made it up to page 33 before the thread was closed. I'll read through the rest of the pages and compile answers in a post once I get home!
Uncle Kenny
Bad Lvck Brian
Hello! Ive been on this site since 2006, and have invested alot of my hard earned money into this site, because i love it.

As a paying customer, id like to ask when your development team will update the gaia on the go app? 95% of the time, gaia on the go is my ONLY access to gaia, and i experience many glitches, and its a pain to use, if i want to actually experience this site.

It's being worked on right now. I don't know much more beyond that though so can't offer any details.

Miss Shadow Cat
lanzer
I have no idea who to address this to, I am hoping if this is falling on the wrong ears that you would kindly whisper in the ear of whomever it needs to go to. Thank you so much for everything that you all do with the community to help bring new things into gaia.
These are my concerns:
What is up with us donating all of our gold in this event, the donations first of all are astronomical, secondly what purpose does it actually serve but to make us poor? I have been a staunch supporter of gaia and have allowed endless ads, watching and just seeing them everywhere that is fine, I understand you all have to make a living. However, I feel that Gaia is trying to bankrupt us in real life and through the actual site. I do spend real money but the stuff in verge and the new things in the cash shop are ridiculously high. The new game smashblox is also far too high to play in price, and no rewards for those that play for free, we are further penalized by not being able to play as much as we want because of limits.
I am sorry that you are the one getting my earful. I love you guys and wish there was a way of making things less money oriented. While I understand that this is a business, there should be a way of striking a balance.

It's a mini goldsink to build up to the Halloween event later this month. Goldsinks have been asked for by a lot of users because they help to remove excess gold from the economy and stablize prices at non-inflated levels.

Frozen Mist
Uncle Kenny

What's the end date for the gold sink event? I keep getting nervous it's gonna get yanked unexpectedly. gonk

It will end when the actual event starts, which is in the second half of this month.

shmceo
A item from what year will be re-released if the objective 7.5millon in Halloween bash is reached ?

If I said that, it'd be too easy to guess. Reach the tier and you'll find out.

NINJA Boner
Uncle Kenny

Kenny, you're the one who orchestrated the pre-event gold sink, yes? I was wondering if you had any plans to do things like this for future events?

I really enjoy it and I think the rewards are pretty cool. This could easily become something that is always associated with events. Seeing how SmashBlox is constantly pumping gold into the economy, a year round gold sink is just what we need to help the economy stabilize itself. Or you should see about implementing that poker suggestion someone made on the Site Feedback forum. wink

Yeah, the result of this sink is definitely encouraging for doing a similar setup in the future. I wasn't sure how well the Kickstarter-esque approach would work but I think it's been a big success. I'd like to make a reusable system where we could potentially have multiple things being worked toward at the same time. I'll need to plan things out a bit more before I tackle that though. Poker would be pretty awesome too.

mamarita
lanzer
xx I met my fate xx
We were promised a release of the new inventory arranger before halloween. As the halloween event should be starting very soon can we get an eta on that release date? It really is one of the most highly anticipated updates for many of us.

The Inventory Arranger is unfortunately delayed due to some bugs that are delaying the project. It's still high in priority and we'll have it up and running as soon as possible.

Bugs like it is a feature that isn't going to be Paying for itself on the Backend and had to be put on the Back Burner you mean? Be honest Lanzer, Narumi already said anything new that comes out has to pay for itself on the back end, and there is no profit on the Inventory Arranger!!!!

Nope, bugs as in "this isn't working correctly".

RockerWolfie1616
ATA I am controlling my anger over recent events..to ask a simple question/comment

You claim to have fixed the guild issues but, for me it's still not fixed? Dx
Just disappointed. Have you ever tried to work on a journal for b/c pets without the option to easily click to add url's ETC? it takes forever.

Try clearing your browser's cache/cookies or doing a hard refresh (CTRL+F5)

shadowdemon673
are you still doing the thing with the shops where you collect candy and get Halloween items question

Yep, Trick or Treating will be back in Shops and better than ever!

Salation
Uncle Kenny
Aeria Quies
Hello Hello
So I was just wondering
For the 7.5bil donation reward, will the item being re-released be put into the cash shop, or will users that are strictly gold users have access to it though a gold shop like dernier*cri?

It will not be released a shop requiring cash.

Does that mean it will require Wing Stickers?
emotion_awesome

No, not requiring cash means it'll require either gold, stickers, or tickets. wink

Kain-Senpai
Uncle Kenny
LabTech Deusy
Any plans on making the centered site that the MAJORITY voted against an option to enable or disable?

There are no plans for that, no. The centering was made for a partnership with another company. The specifications for the partnership required our site be centered.

When that sponsorship ends, will the site be back to its original left-alignment?

I don't really know. I think standards are shifting more toward sites with centered content and it does open up opporunities for things that we couldn't do before.

Tsuki_Kirkland
Oh the post about the jack contest reminded me, I had a question about that. How will you be announcing the results for that? Will you let everyone know who won or pm the people privately?

I imagine we'll have a public announcement/notice of the winners and results of the contests 3nodding

Castiel Lover
Castiel Lover
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:

1. ZOMG: They are in maintenance mode only and do not ever plan to expand or use it for events ever again. They fired everyone that could work on it. It was not making back it's costs, and Gaia can't see the forest for the trees.

2. Guilds 2 and Alchemy: Both are put off for later because they have to monetize Guilds and they wish to do this before they fix the fatally flawed Alchemy. And when they do get around to revamping alchemy, don't hold your breath that it will fix anything. They don't seem to understand how economics work to be able to build a system that requires perfect balances of supply and demand, to make doing it worthwhile.

3. Towns 1: Yes, it will eventually be closed, because of security reasons, when they are done and happy with towns 2. When this will be? Who knows. They can't seem to set dates and stick with it.

4. Pets: Has been delayed until after Halloween AND Christmas, because Gaia only sees fit to have one guy working on both (Kenny). They are making hand over fist, fired a bunch of staff, but can't afford to hire needed developers and people to work on guilds/alchemy/zomg/events/towns/pets/MANGA/PLOT(?) to get them out a little more efficiently.

5. Anything regarding the cash-grabbing policies since Summer Sale: They won't answer because the people that are here don't have answers for you. Try writing snail mail to the new CEO to demand change - and speak with your wallets: Stop buying cash.

6. WHY DID YOU RE-RELEASE FLYNN'S ASSETS AGAIN!?!?!?! WHY IS SMASHBOX PUMPING OUT SO MUCH GOLD?!?!?: .... Good question. Well, Gaia??

And no reply, but 10 13 tips...

I can really only address your 4th point, but since Pets was part of the Summer event, I'm the one who worked on it. As a result, I'm the one who knows it best so it only makes sense that I'm the one who finishes it. It's more productive for me to work on it since I actually know it than to throw it to someone who didn't work on it.

Bleeding Apocalypse
Can we talk about pants? Honestly, you should. Many users on this site have expressed a desire for more equality in the type of items produced for our avatars. By and far, the most common type of clothing we have on this site are aimed towards females. They are skirts and dresses, bright and frilly and lacy and cute. But what about those of us who don't prefer frilly and lacy and cute? What about those of us who just want a pair of pants? Some jeans? What about those of us who don't want tiny foot mods and high heels and those of us who want boots?

AT THIS POINT, IT REALLY FEELS YOUR ARTISTS ARE INTENTIONALLY IGNORING REPEATED REQUEST FOR MORE MALE-ORIENTED ITEMS. Here's a shortlist of several threads asking for more pants, more variety in style (not JUST cute and frilly), and more gender equality in items. Read them.

Where The Heck Are The Pants?

More girly items? Don't we have enough already?

More Men's Masculine Clothing

Gaia, Why Do You Hate shoes?

Nice new recolor update. Glad most of the items are girly. (Sarcastic title)

Petiton for more equality in items(more male/unisex items)

Jesus Christ does Gaia release ANY new male items?

Lack of Male Items/Clothing

I Hate The Male Gaia Items So I Might As Well Cross-Dress.

Gaia You Should make Better Male Items

Gaia Needs More Male Items

Proposal - Male Items, Particularly Hair

Where Are All The Good Male Items?

Can Male Avis Have A Break For Future Items?

Don't hate me, but pants?

Kid Jak
Uncle Kenny
Salmay
Why doesn't the Halloween goldsink involve more actual items?

Because I had limited resources with which to use for the pre-event.

Would you be able to add more levels if Users Donated big ticket items for give away?

I have to focus on the actual event so I probably won't be adding any other tiers to this goldsink. I am taking the lessons learned from this one and will apply them to future sinks (namely, more lower tier prizes).

Inquisitive Bookworm

17,175 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Partygoer 500
  • Elocutionist 200
Platonix
BRAZEKOOL
Platonix
Yes, it's been mentioned several times. Gaia Interactive, the parent company that owns Gaia Online, is very definitely planning to make an 18+ community site. That said, however, there's been very little word (likely because Gaia haven't decided themselves) what this site will be like. It's unknown if you'll be able to transfer any items or Gold from here to there, and frankly it's unknown if there'll even be the same avatar system to transfer items TO. Also, there's a lot of confusion floating around about what, exactly, we would be allowed to do on an 18+ site that we can't do here; should we expect it to be filled with cybering? Answer unclear; ask again later.
Interesting. Yeah well, while 'having' an 18+ guild or thread here on gaia isn't going to get you in any trouble, saying anything or posting anything over pg-13 is, as is telling someone they can't post if you find out their age. I guess a guaranteed 18+ community would be some peace of mind that you know most potential viewers of content you post are over 18 and therefor it's their own problem if they're offended. But yeah I guess there would be some cybering going on considering it happens on gaia anyway.

Sparkling Mage

"Your questions on Flynn's Booty will be addressed in an upcoming community announcement, so I won't touch them for now."

oooohh. wonder what they are going to say!

Eloquent Informer

37,875 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Waffles! 25
October 14th

lanzer
Hello everyone,

The Halloween event had reached 8 billion gold in donation! So we'll be seeing the Grombi skin again after so many years. The event itself is almost ready, and I look forward to its release later in the month.

Any Walking Dead fans out there excited about the new season?

Zero Omega
Ask the Admin FAQ

Here are some frequently asked questions we get in ATA:

When does the Halloween event start?
Second half of the month!

Are you going to re-release Flynn's Booty/Chest again?
Yes we will be. We know that there are some users that do not like this item, but there are actually a lot of users who do like this item.

Why are there so many flash sales?
The reason why we have so many is because we're trying out different ways of communicating and letting users know about different sales going on.

What are you going to do about inflation? Where are the gold sinks?
We know that there is some inflation going on, in order to combat this we have created a variety of gold sinks such as:

- The pre-Halloween event
- The Barton Town grab bags
- The MC recolors

Gold sinks take time to consider and develop, so they may not be out instantly, but we are constantly thinking of many different gold sinks.

Where is the loyalty shop?
It's still being worked on, we haven't forgotten and it's still coming.

Updates to zOMG?
There have been no changes to zOMG. For more information, please see this thread

Inventory arranger update?
It is still in QA and being tested for bugs and various other issues.

Why did you center the site? The majority of users said no to it.
The poll was to gather opinions about what users thought of a centered site but in no way was to be used as the sole deciding factor behind the outcome of the centered site.

Updates to a new chat system like Meebo?
We have one selected, however, we do not have a launch date for it set.

Uncle Kenny
Darc Nightgale
Hello!

I know I will most likely not get an answer for this, but I was wonderin' how many people donated 100 million for the pre Halloween event? I just reached 100 million in gold, and I'm on the fence if I want to dump it into the goldsink or not.

Also I asked this last week, and got no answer. About the smashblox. Do you think you could add some games where you pay gg instead of gc, and maybe win tickets? As of right now smashblox is pay to play. I know you have the free one, but you don't win anythin'.

Thanks for takin' the time to read my post.

Can't say how many have entered but I can confirm that the odds are much better than winning the lottery?

We're looking at how to adjust Smashblox's payouts and requirements and will let everyone know once a decision has been reached.
Uncle Kenny
Kelso The Great
Darc Nightgale
...I just reached 100 million in gold, and I'm on the fence if I want to dump it into the goldsink or not.
I wouldn't do it. I honestly think this goldsink is a total waste and I hope they only do it this one time...
I only donated 10K...
I am requesting better and actually fun and engaging goldsinks. The event will only be up a couple weeks i'm guessing, so wasting 1mi for double points on a game available for a very short time is pointless.

The battle system will (assuming it's received well) be available after the event ends so it's not exclusive to just the event. And this has been our best goldsink event in the history of the site so I'm afraid any claims of it not being effective or well received are incorrect.

Jak Bauer
Princess-Orphelia
Hi Lanzer and everyone at HQ, whee

Hope everyone is doing well. I have a couple of things I'd like to mention today.

1 . Is there any way that user names can be taken away from Smashblox? And just display the score without the names? Because I've had a couple of abusive and rude pm's from people calling me insulting names and basically asking me not to buy Gaia cash, and not to play the game as they want a chance to win. Although I can see their frustration in this, but that's luck for you, you either have it, or you don't .

I just don't, and will not tolerate rudeness. And have told these people just that, in a nice kind of way. stressed
So having our names not show, would help us deal with these types of situations and certainly stop them. sweatdrop

2. Since centering the site, my browser hasn't been in my favor, it keeps freezing/lagging. It comes to the point now where I'd have to log out of Gaia, and then log back in for it to stop doing that. I've tried different things, such as clearing out my cookies/cache etc, still not working. I am using Firefox. However, I also changed browsers, and the problem seems to be ok. So it must be FF that does not quite like the center look. So this is just feedback for you to know for future.. gonk

Hi there,

For #1 if you have people who are harassing you for ANY reason please feel free to click on REPORT THIS PM button and we will investigate A.S.A.P.
siskataya
Heya Orphie!

Thanks for the post. With respect to the usernames not displaying in Smashblox, while it is an interesting suggestion, it is not something we can do at this time. The nature of the competition is to see who you are up against, and try to beat them in a spirit of friendly competition. That said, if you are being abused by others who play the game, that is not ok with us. Have you reported these individuals? Please feel free to forward along any information you have on this and I'll be happy to handle this issue for you.

And thanks for the feedback on Firefox and site centering. I'll forward this along to the dev team so they are aware of the issue.

Hope you are well! biggrin
Sisky

Uncle Kenny
Yeata Zi
My Questions are a little everywhere tonight:

Any Idea when the Halloween Event will be starting?

What are the team names going to be? I'm hoping EB's team will be called E-Corp again :3

When FB was released you guys said this in the FB FAQ
Quote:
Have you considered how this item and gold grant will affect the Gaia economy?!?
We knew you'd ask this, and actually yes, we did! We had several people trained in statistics and economic systems analyze the potential gold output of the item, and the most likely effect it will have on the overall Gaia economy long-term.

Compared to other gold granting features, the Flynn's Booty item is not expected to have a negative impact on the overall economy in the long-term. Might there be a temporary spike in inflation in marketplace values? Yes, this could happen, but given the limited time offer of the item and the fact the gold source is finite, it is not predicted to have any long-term negative effect on the economy.

Do you still think this is true?

Have you tried out the new Pokemon game? So much fun!

Later this month!

Right now it's just Jack v Easter Bunny, not sure if the names will change.
codemonkey37179
Gendocide
I'm sorry but, no duh later this month for the start of the event....
Users want to know how long they're going to be bothered by the gold dump without getting anything from it.

We are working as quick as we can to finish up. That's why we can't give you a solid date yet. Making really good progress.
Uncle Kenny
We aren't going to give specifics until we have them wink

The event will be released when it's completed and ready for users to play it, that date will fall sometime after today and before the end of the 31st.

Not sure how a landing page only accessible through a link in the header can really bother anyone but hey, to each their own.

Uncle Kenny
Gendocide
Decrease Smashblox payouts like you were supposed to back in September
Still no real apology for that survey - a staff member made it, multiple staff members saw and approved it before it was sent out. Yeah
Seems like some of the staff have been a bit degrading towards users lately in the forums.

The payout for Smashblox is being looked at and a revised plan for it should be coming soon.

Uncle Kenny
gataka
stooopid router rahh

Any inventory arranger news?
How's that announcement addressing various concerns coming along?

Still in QA so no real updates, sorry!
Zero Omega
Announcement is still coming along and we're working on it.

Uncle Kenny
King Wesker
1) Is the inventory update still going to be released this month?

2) Myself as well as other people on here are having issues logging into the site, when typing in the password it tells us "incorrect info" this will happen a few times before it finally accepts us. I would also like to verify that the pw is correct because I sometimes have it on copy n paste.

Any results on this, or can this get looked into?

Unfortunately, it's not likely to be finished by the end of the month.

lanzer
Sagebomb
Hey guys.

Still not much to say this week. Looking forward to the event. Am glad to see kenny and zero got thier dolls. Will Codemonkey make the cut soon?

One question.

This past week, someone in the CB got banned after canceling a dice game. They had a specific prize which they ended up trading away for a item, and as they no longer had the item they closed the dice game. Participants who didnt win anything banded togather to report said person and thier ban went through.

As someone who likes to run dice games (As well as other games) and understands the odds. The chances of anyone winning that game was in the 1 in a billion range. Thier competition had no set end date (and was cancled without warning). He was reported on scamming. (Though he had the prizes up till when he closed the game, and some people were saying the scam was that the prizes were impossible to win)

So...If I run a dice game where the odds for the highest prize is virtually unobtainable. And then the game ends without the highest prize being won. Is that too likly of being banable. Or was is just because the item got traded away.

(I tend to have easier tiers, and run other prizes, so that people can still win something whist trying as well as end dates, but should I not have the next to impossible top tiers? I am planning a pretty big game thread for halloween, with many different games, and am concerned about having a crazy prize which is unlikly(but could be) won (And would be paid out only if won))

The ban happened strictly because the game was offered a prize but then the offer was completely retracted. So if you stay true to what you're offering, there's never any problems. Thank you for organizing your games.

Uncle Kenny
Sagebomb
The 6 jobs on the gaia corp site. Are these mainly for gaia, the new site or a mix of both?

Not sure on the specific positions but I know we're hiring for the Gaia team.
lanzer
A lot of jobs are shared between multiple teams but as far as developers are concerned we're hiring for many teams including Gaia Online.

starzXnight
Oz da Beast
Hello.

I was wondering if Sis got my PM, and if I was going to get a reply or just wondering if she at least read it. ~

If a user has opened your PM, it will show up in your sent folder. If a user has not opened your PM, it will be in your outbox until they open it.

Zero Omega
B I B A X T
♫♫ How is the progress on the Loyalty Shop going?Can we expect to see it in the next few months or so?
Also how is the update to the inventory arranger going?

We're still working on the loyalty shop, we haven't forgotten about it. Inventory arranger is still in QA and being bug tested.

codemonkey37179
Oni_Nekomaru
Are there any plans to make animated items work outside of the forums? Like in rally, towns, and zOMG?

Most of the animated items work in Rally Towns 2 and VH

Zero Omega
Dagonay
Why are REIs that were originally $4.99 being released for more than twice, or sometimes up to four times, their original price? It literally costs you nothing to re-release these items. I don't understand your pricing.

There are items that we may sell that may not have been originally re-released, like some REIs. The price influenced by that, and marketplace demand and rarity.

Uncle Kenny
All Hail The Outsider
Greetings.
Are you planning to open any new portals to other dimensions before the Halloween Event starts?

Also, when will we get updates to the current manga plot?

Thank you in advance for your time.

Not that I know of.

An update to the current Easter Bunny arch went out just a few days ago. If you mean the Airship Saga arc, I'm not sure, right now the storyline for events has priority.

starzXnight
Arminosaur
So I heard a rumor that Gaia is planning on banning users who have "high-end" items and aren't using them, or "hoarding".

Is this true? mad

No, users are only banned if they have committed an actual Terms of Service violation in some capacity.

lanzer
IceTeaCandeloro
1.Well the pet system have any different pets like monkeys/frogs/dinos?
2.Well towns 2 have something like this?(show afk the whole time without the typing..)
http://i.imgur.com/EBUhsfK.png
3.Will Jacked-up Shirt get any recolors?
4.Hows the Loyalty Shop coming along any updates on it yet?
5.Are you admins gonna be dressing up for the halloween event?
6.Are there gonna be normal announcements and sale announcements(like the sales get their own announcement thing that we can turn off)
7.Hows Word Blitz and Sand Attack coming along any news?
8.CodemMonkey37179 SD Real Doll please
9.Admins gift me a Doufu Hua please ;w;?
Thank you for answering my questions and have a good week :3~

We're starting with cats, and will expand to other type of pets later on.

AFK is a good feature, will ask Codemonkey about it.

Yes to the newer items, but we haven't decided on Jacked up shirts yet

The loyalty shop is still in the works, coming along!

Zero Omega
Atrapenna
Hey admins, can we get an opt out of the pop up ads telling us about your onsite shop sales?

We do not have plans to add an opt-out for this.

Uncle Kenny
Marlen and Jose
will gaia wedding be available before November? it was said after halloween but in what month?

Can't really give a specific timeframe for it yet.

Uncle Kenny
-x-Noxious-x-Nyx-x-
Are there any intention to actually do something about the crippling inflation? If not, can we at least look at higher game (e.g. booty grab) payouts and daily limits?

We're actively working on goldsinks but they take time to finish.

Zero Omega
Madame Xiva
1. Will the new inventory arranger be able to sort items by descriptors such as "eyes"; "background"; "wig"; etc.? Can we expect to see it soon?

2. Why did you implement "Special Popup Offers" (aka pop-up ads) and pre-roll ads in Flash Spaces, when it was obvious people consider those types of ads to be intrusive and problematic for some computers?

Some people can't even get into the Flash Spaces now, because of these pre-roll ads. For some, it takes forever to get into the Friends/Guild Flash Space because I have to reload to get in, and the ads restart when you reload, so we're stuck waiting for almost five minutes, as opposed to when it originally took ten seconds.

Will there ever be an option to disable these flash ads?

2. We're trying out new ways of communicates sales and information to users, the special popup offers was one way to do this. The pre-roll ads was an agreement with a company we partnered with.

Uncle Kenny
Gendocide
Called it on the Grombie Skin
Please just don't make it so user have to pay GC....

It says on the landing page that it'll be released in the Treehouse, that means it's for wing stickers.

Zero Omega
Suzareigna
Zero Omega
Suzareigna
Why doesn't Jack Schofield or Jason Loia ever come to these meetings and answer the questions that we ask? IT's about time they face the users themselves. They are the ones we are upset with. They are the ones behind all the sales and GC upswing. They are the ones responsible for nothing being done to upgrade the site because THEY are the ones insisting on all the MONEY BEING MADE here on Gaia.

Are they afraid of the users because they know we are going to ask them the really hard questions?

No, they are incredibly busy people with things to do to help ensure that Gaia, the company, continues to grow and stay in business. This has been covered in Narumi's journal is you wanna take a look at it.
You mean "Mr I am here to tell you that every project has to make money on the backend's" journal? Gary Schofield and Jason Loia told Narumi that all projects have to pay for themselves or they are a no go- just like GUILDS 2.0. So I don't trust Narumi's journal entries anymore. They are just rhetoric handed down from Jason Loia... How about some real answers for once.

Like What is all the GC being used for? Is it for THIS SITE OR THE NEW GAIA 18+ SITE? Because with items in Verge's shop going for $599.00 there is no way it is being spent here on Gaia! And how about the whole truth for once/

Every project that we develop, that any company develops, should make money if they are a business, otherwise that business ceases to exist. That's a common practice. Money coming into Gaia is being used to help run the business, whether that's creating new features, paying staff, paying rent, etc, it all goes to the company and keeping the company running. There is no "one" place it goes to.

Zero Omega
King Wesker
Zero Omega
King Wesker
1) Is the inventory update still going to be released this month?

2) Myself as well as other people on here are having issues logging into the site, when typing in the password it tells us "incorrect info" this will happen a few times before it finally accepts us. I would also like to verify that the pw is correct because I sometimes have it on copy n paste.

Any results on this, or can this get looked into?

2. Very strange... I actually haven't heard of this before... Are you absolutely certain that you are inputting the correct password?

I'm 110% sure. I can get my whole friends list to tell you what I havethe same issue. I also made a thread here linky as others have posted about the same issue.

I also know my password is correct because after copy n pasting it 3-4 times it finally logs in.
I've tried typing it regular non copy n paste and same issue.

Thanks, I can pass it along for review.

lanzer
Madame Xiva
Happy Monday Admin!

We’re all gearing up and excited for another fun ToT event this year! And I'm SO excited for the new season of Walking Dead!!!! I'll miss Andrea, though. cry

Just a couple of questions this week, please.

1. Other than more money, can you tell us why you joined up with an anime site that required Gaia to be centered? It was obvious that most people didn't want it centered, because you had a poll that indicated most people want it left-aligned, despite the way you chose to interpret the poll results.

Also, why have we not heard who this mysterious "popular anime site" is yet, even though the Centered Site has already been rolled out?

2. Is there any consideration being given to nerfing Smashblox? Some time back, aquariums were for "putting too much gold into the economy and causing inflation," but Smashblox is paying out over a billion a day to its pay-to-win users! Is Smashblox going to be nerfed SOON?

We offered centered site as an option years ago, as we wanted to have more themes and backgrounds that matches events and such. There's a commitment, but we definitely want to provide better features up and foremost.

We're definitely looking into that. We committed to a rate before the release, and will re-evaluate as the team collects more data.

Zero Omega
SmittysBride
SOOOOOOO.... a serious suggestion for whomever takes care of BARTON forums.

I have been trying to recruit for a role play. Anyhoo, there are 'recruit me / one on one' threads everywhere!! Anyway to get them all in one place? I found them in ALL subforums...it's a royal pain in the arse.

BTW if any of you are interested its gonna be an epic lit//advlit...pm me. ((shameless plug, yes i did it))

ON another note::::: HiYAS ZERO OMEGA...WHAR YER SKIN MAN!! LTNS! Lay some improv on us!

We still have ideas to make these subforums.

My next improv show is in two weeks on Sunday. Dunno if it'll be recorded.

Uncle Kenny
Princeh Monster
Do you guys have a plan for the marketplace inflation? I don't think gold sinks really work for this situation...

Sorry if this was asked already, but I haven't really seen a helpful answer.

Goldsinks removed gold from the economy and thereby lower inflation. Anything we do to lower inflation is a goldsink. I'm not sure what else we could do?

codemonkey37179
Cramuccino
First time on ATA!

Okay, here's my question: Are there any plans on developing a Tablet-View for GaiaOn The Go App?

Also, the new flash spaces look "In-Dev", are they?

Do you mean in development? They will are in a perpetual state of development.

Zero Omega
II BlazeoftheCookies II
What happened to the promise that Flynn's booty would only be around once? It was devastating the first time, but it wasn't a ginormous impact. The second time, you released it again, which made the economy rise even more.. Third, 4th, 5th, 6th times the charm.. And you even re-released Flynn's Chest! So now after seeing what the Gaia community is like with inflation, you still choose to re-re-re-re-re-re-release it again? I am utterly confused, and would like you to elaborate more with your reasoning, because people are quitting because of Flynn.

We never made the promise that Flynn's Booty would only be around once.

lanzer
J-Tech 001
Hello all thank you for doing this

Any word on when we will get an alchemy update to the gold shop?

and Is the return of the Grombies going to be Jack's fault or will a certain Technician be blamed,

or is it the Easter bunnies Fault?

Gold shop update for Alchemy isn't something in the works right now, but it's something we're considering

As for the Grombies, I'd like the read the upcoming Halloween manga myself!

Uncle Kenny
Lucidly
Any idea how the new grombie potions will work? If someone drinks it and decides to change to another skin, do they have to drink the potion again to get the skin back? Or can they take Experiment 105 like existing grombies?

I'll have to test this but I think it will work like skin potions do already.

siskataya
VVhip
Will Gaia consider introducing more mythical creatures as part of storyline canon, including more things like skins at halloween?

We are seeing the return of Grombies, I'd love new creature skins as well ^^

We certainly are happy to consider the idea - thanks for the suggestion! biggrin

Uncle Kenny
Not our Division
With Doctor Who's 50th Anniversary (on November 23rd) coming soon and a huge fan base on the site will there be a mini event or even a mini item for that?

Hmm, a popular show with a fanbase on the site? Nah, we probably wouldn't do anything for that... ninja

Uncle Kenny
lisajiggs
Hello, I was wondering, are you going to update/fix the "gaia on the go" IOS mobile app? This app is the only way I buy gaia cash, and everytime i try to log in it crashes, I would like to see this fixed..

Fixes to the app are in the works and coming 3nodding

siskataya
Princess-Orphelia
Sisky:
If you read this, I was just wondering, whatever happened to you short term Friday night with Sisky, thread? The one you took over from Lanky? whee

Sorry about that! I got super busy, but I am happy to bring back the thread if it is wanted and people like it. I like having casual conversations with everyone and answering general site questions biggrin

How have you been anyway? Anything new and exciting?

Zero Omega
- - Synxified
I have a question or a couple:
What happened to the themed item bundles? The ones that come with 2 or 3 items including a bundle pet. It's been a while since I saw one of those fly around, so... What happened to them? The Wild Exploration Bundle would be the most recent of what I'm talking about. Will there be one themed around Halloween?

Also, is there a way to get rid of those annoying pop up sale ads? I'm tired of going somewhere on the site just to see one of those pop up. It's annoying for me because some items that are in these flash sales are something that I like but can't afford.

Why are the prices so high on items now? Especially with the new Rosamund bundle.

Will we be getting more REI bundles again?

When will we be getting cheaper items in the Cash Shop again? Like Serpentine Raiments, Dainty Damsel & Wayward Trailblazer for example.

Is it possible for more Alchemy components to be sold in the Bifrost? ( Just hinting that adding more components in the Bifrost will be a good gold sink, especially since more users are into Alchemy now. Just saying. )

- No plans to be able to opt-out of the special offer pop ups.

- With regards to item prices, we know that there are users who really do want an item but do enjoy the rarity on the item so it makes it feel special and unique, one way to bring about this rarity is with a higher cost item (it's the same reason why we may sell another released item at a high price, to keep it's rarity).

- We've been releasing and have released cheaper cash shop items, in fact we did just last week.

Zero Omega
x3rubiachica3x
Will this ever be looked at again? I have seen a lot of posts and new glitches, but have yet to see almost any of them being addressed.

Edit: Thank for the FAQ Zero, you should do this for every ATA. 3nodding

Our artists actually do keep a close eye on this thread. And you're welcome! We'll see about doing more in the future.

codemonkey37179
Emo Vampire Panda818
codemonkey37179
Emo Vampire Panda818
Are the other playpen games coming out soon? I mean it has been a few weeks since SmashBlox was released. I keep coming to the Games Homepage and see the "Coming Soon" item, and I'm like: O _ O

Yeah, me too. I can't wait.....

But, um ... when? o 3 o

Quite honestly as soon as time allows. There isn't much work to do the next game, but I'm so busy with Halloween at the moment.

lanzer
Knight Yoshi
So earlier this week I posted in the SF forum how it would be a good idea to add a signature analyzer to reject signatures who's total byte size is over 100,000 bytes, this. However, it was pointed out that Carbonphyber already said this will not be done because you guys don't want the servers making requests. So can we move the signature images to be hosted on Gaia instead?
If signatures are hosted on Gaia and analyzed it would greatly cut down on the number of signatures reported allowing mods to get to other reports faster and not cost a user 10, 100, 1000, 10000, 100000, etc gold each time. Plus save the bandwidth of the innocent users who have lesser than desired connections. Because ya'know, we all can't have Verizon FiOS like mine (sig below).

Speaking of Carbonphyber. Where is my favorite developer, sorry Uncle Kenny, you're #2. How's the backend of the BBCode coming along?

We are looking closely into hosting images ourselves. There's some amount of work need to allow for photo hosting which includes management of uploaded content and moderation (which is the most difficult). Hopefully we'll have something in place in the near future.

Jak Bauer
Fab Feliks
Quote:
- The pre-Halloween event
- The Barton Town grab bags
- The MC recolors

Are there any more ideas currently floating around for more, possibly bigger gold sinks? These three, while I do appreciate the effort, have done nothing compared to the tons of gold flynn has released, as well as the 1.2 billion gold smashblox is pumping out among other things. These days, it's hard to quest or make it anywhere if you're not loading cash into the site.

Hi there,

Yup, we do have more ideas and as time goes by we will be releasing them as soon as they are finished and we are able to.

Zero Omega
Kain-Senpai
Zero Omega
Gintsuki Chi
Question:
Will there ever be anything done about layout theft on the site?

Layout theft?

I think it's when a user looks up the thread layout code or profile layout code, copy and paste it, and call it their own with no reference to the original.

Kinda like that Catwoman question in that the survey you guys put out, twice!

Art theft ain't cool, bro. >.>

As far as I recall, we currently don't do anything about layout theft because we can't necessarily "prove" who did the code unlike a piece of artwork. However, if the artwork and original content gets stolen as a result of the person literally copy/pasting the code, then we can do something about it from that angle.

lanzer
Thank you for joining us on this week's ATA! We'll see you all next week!

Eloquent Informer

37,875 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Waffles! 25
I'll go ahead and make a post here for the folks who'll find this info most easily this way.

Ask the Admin has been resurrected after a year, as Ask the Staff.

I have decided to get back to archiving the answers.

But I'm not going to do it in this thread. Given all the changes that have happened to Gaia since the newest CEO came along, I've decided to consider this a fresh start.

AskED The Staff is a new Public Guild I've created. With this, I can offer more and better features; answers are available sorted both by date and by topic, and we won't have comments from visitors to the guild mingling with the answer archives. You don't have to join the guild to view the info or even post comments, but if you want to join, it's free and easy.

O.G. Seeker

Platonix

Thank you for your very helpful compilation as always!
Will you still be posting here weekly to tell people your guild has been updated with the newest answers, or are you not planning to?

Eloquent Informer

37,875 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Waffles! 25
Princeries
Platonix

Thank you for your very helpful compilation as always!
Will you still be posting here weekly to tell people your guild has been updated with the newest answers, or are you not planning to?

Hrm...I'm not really planning to, but I should probably do something...the options I can think of offhand are posting in this thread, which I'm not sure I want to do...posting near the end of the AtS threads the way I used to post at the beginning of AtA (I can't post at the beginning of AtS because of the time it's held), but I'm worried it'd just get buried among the "please be last post" spam...and sending out a Guild Announcement, which would work for those who decided to Join the AskED The Staff Guild and haven't turned off Guild Announcements, but not for anyone else.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff