Welcome to Gaia! ::

Business Genius

3,850 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Hygienic 200
I was here...
Hello I am wondering if there is anyway to make an alliance with www.runescape.com and if Lanzer could pm me that would be awesome.
And you were, too...
This isn't the AtA thread, just an easy way to see answers. You have to ask in Lanzer's AtA thread, held Monday's at the same time. See the other threads and their time stamps to figure out when they start in your time zone.

They are hosted in the GCD forum, as a sticky.

Eloquent Informer

37,875 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Balance Begets Creation 500
  • Waffles! 25
March 30th

Lanzer
Hello everyone!

Sorry for missing last week's ATA thread, I had a spring break myself and went back home to visit my family. Next time I'll be sure to post a notice ahead of time. sweatdrop

We're busy at work preparing for the upcoming events. Easter should be fun, and the new guild page is about to be released, so keep your eyes open!

pirula
El_Pul
pirula
x_Graff_x
pirula
Hi out there

*aims gun slowly at Lanzer* how you doin?
Noooooo *punches pirula and saves lanzer*

Lanzer...you owe me one.
*get up an dusts off*

alright, I'll aim my gun at the rest of yas. so ask nice now smile

I dont want waffles
[first question, with accompanying huge quote involving math, cut by pirula]

2: How do any of you sleep at night, constantly haunted by the outraged and anguished screams, groans, and rants of both the regulars of GCD and SF?

3: Do any of the Gaia staff (admins, devs, artists) listen to J-Rock/Pop or any other Japanese genres? If so, what's your favorite band?

4: What's your favorite flavor of ice cream?

5: Do any of you sing in the shower? (be honest!) XD What's your favorite song to sing?

2. I hear their screams in my sleep.
3. i don't know any j-pop bands, but would also like recomendations of what to check out.
4. dulce de leche tentacion helado from volta on libertador in buenos aires. mmmmmmmmm. specific, yes, I like to think of myself as an ice cream connoisseur.
5. i totally sing in the shower - whatever is in my head. Today it was 'little boxes' the theme song from the show weeds (annoying little ditty -- now its in my head again!!!)
WOW! You just named my fav ice cream!! eek I used to eat that helado before I moved! But just seeing the word dulce the leche in Gaia was a shock XD
glad to meet a fellow fan!! dulce de leche is just not the same in the states.

x_Graff_x
pirula
x_Graff_x
pirula
alright, I'll aim my gun at the rest of yas. so ask nice now smile
I dare you to aim that thing at me mad
see that red lazer on yer forehead?
How dare you? *look pirula to the eyes and starts shooting*

User Image

DIE!!
pirula
x_Graff_x
pirula
*dodges, rolls, pulls the trigger and.....*

ice cream everyone! looks a little melted.....
O,ice cream? can your best friend graff have some?
sure, take Lanzer's share wink

pirula
Purplesnoopy
3. How is "Aekea" pronounced?
I usually say it like that big blue and yellow furniture store

Lanzer
sasamiblue
That big red bunion makes me want to re-join Gaia. Did it actually work for new members? And is it in good taste? It makes us look a little like “that was easy” to me.

Some on PMed me and told me she didn’t want to Role play on Gaia because some one told her there was a worm virus going around Gaia. I was wondering how do worm viruses work and how would Gaia deal with them?
I still want Lanzer to answer this one
What is the strangest gift you ever gotten from a fan?

I hear a lot of people in ATA talking about Gaia needs Ginny pigs or hamsters or some thing what do you think about making a game like fish tank only for small fury land animals? And if you did how involved would that be? And would you give us a break and NOT make the new pets all cash shop?
We don't know! We just did it because it's funny! Didn't think of the Staples commercials but it kind of sounds like the same idea huh? We'll find out if it actually make a difference or not very soon.

The technical answer is that websites cannot spread worms. Only if you choose to click on a link that lead to a site outside of Gaia and take additional actions, would get yourself attacked.

Yeah we're definitely going to have more ... animals. smile What we do after aquarium will be announced in a month or so. Stay tuned!

Panagrammic
El_Pul
3) The overseer keeps granting me Leviathan Anklets, Lidless Demon Armor, etc. The Daily Chance grants me Aquarium Backgrounds. These items are piling up on our inventorys and we can't get rid of them that easily. Is there a way you could let us sell them back to NPC's or just dump them somewhere?
An easy way to dispose of items is on the list of things to do in the near term.

Panagrammic
R0KI
1) One of my guilds as about 200 people, and we need to send all of them a message. I thought I read someone that mass messaging for guild would be coming soon. Is it? And if so, does anyone know how soon that will be out?
We are evaluating guild messaging right now. It probably won't be a PM system (too much load on PMs) but instead a notice type system that shows up in your bubble.

Panagrammic
kiki264
I wondering since a question last week since cash card might be available in Canada.Will it be available in Quebec?
We are actively working on cash cards for Canada.

pirula
R0KI
Hi Lanzer and Staff!

3) I’m sure this has been asked a ton but oh well. Any idea when zOMG will be out of beta? And will new areas and higher levels be coming for people who have reached 10.0?

<3 Roki
I'm not totally sure of the timeline for zOMG, but the team is working on adding some more/harder areas for CL 10 players. The bigger focus, however, is on creating new gameplay features & content that will be exciting to everyone ... some really cool ideas are floating around smile

Lanzer
I dont want waffles
1: Why do you guys continuously churn out randomizers and put them in the cash shop, for people to blow their hard-earned gold on at a game of chance, when Gaia would bring in so much more money by selling all of the items contained in the randomizers in the cash shop, instead? I'm not the only one who thinks that Gaia's actually losing money with the way things are now, and with more and more people realizing that they have horrible luck, and aren't willing to buy the randomizers for the small percentage of getting a super rare item like the Mercury Moon or Lanzer/VO Dolls. Happy customers = more money for Gaia, so why are you dead set on pissing off so many of us by throwing the randomizers at us?
Quote:
Okay, lets take this 149 generator. Lets say that Gaia believes that this is the best and quickest way to make money, so there are terrible chances to get super awesome items.
and so, lets keep it simple, with 100,000 item generators are bought.

1.49 *100,000= 149,000
heck, lets bump it up to 120,000= 178,800

Now if we sold Apollo's warmth as an MC for 2.50 with less users.
2.50 *50,000=125,000
not alot, right?
But wait! the CS suddenly opens up the CS for the Demon Cats, which are also sold for 2.50...same amount of users buy them. for the same price.
So
3 demon Cats are being sold for 2.50
50,00 users for each cat. So you get
125,000*3=37500 +the 50,000 who bought the Apollo's Warmth, which brings you to a grand total of
(125,000*3)+125,000=500,000.

From 4 ******** wanted, highly desired items.
Half a million could have been made. More could have easily been made. with more items.

It's not that hard. I mean, I'm not an economist or anything, but it makes more sense to sell these items in the CS individually than put forth the effort of making all that coding to have a random item generator and artwork to go along with it. =/

2: How do any of you sleep at night, constantly haunted by the outraged and anguished screams, groans, and rants of both the regulars of GCD and SF?

3: Do any of the Gaia staff (admins, devs, artists) listen to J-Rock/Pop or any other Japanese genres? If so, what's your favorite band?

4: What's your favorite flavor of ice cream?

5: Do any of you sing in the shower? (be honest!) XD What's your favorite song to sing?
The box type of item started off with the concept that at the very least, the items will bring you something that is worth at least the value of the items, and in certain cases, a lot more. Kind of like the blue box/OMG box, it's an idea that kept evolving along the same time as the other ideas like EI and MC.

The game like element exist in many different aspects, in fishing, you have a chance of catching a rare fish, in surfing the site, there are random rare items. The thought process isn't about "let's create a nightmare scenario where everyone spend their life playing Gaia!" but a gameplay element where randomness comes into play to heighten the sense of reward for participation. The result is a lot of positive feedback from Gaians, which prompted us to evolve the idea, but at the same time, any idea involving random chance can be a negative experience, we're not neglecting that, and always making sure that there's always something of great value whether you win option 1 or option 2.

Surprisingly few of us are into J-POP, to my disappointment, since me and about a dozen of us here do have our favorites. smile I have many bands that I like, Gackt, B'z, just to name two.

Lanzer
Crepu-Jewel
Hey Gaia staff and crew it’s me crepu!

Anyway I have a few questions.

1. How would one apply to be a story writer for gaia?
2. When will the next gaia life changing event happen?
3. Any clues on what the new and final pet system will be like?
4. Will there be more races introduced on Gaia?
5. Will there ever be a giant water meat like the giant kiki?
6. Will we ever have a real deemon hat?
Thanks for answering my questions.
We're starting to ask for ideas for community spotlight, and if you have interesting stories to share, please make your suggestions. We're not looking for a writer right now, but when we do, we'll probably look within the community first!

Might be sooner than anyone think! :O

Probably take another 3, 4 weeks to decide, but we'll be here to share biggrin

None are planned so far, probably by summer event or Halloween.

First we'll need to build ourselves a giant pirate ship to hunt for one

Maybe, but probably no...

Lanzer
R0KI
Hi Lanzer and Staff!

So, I have 3 questions this week. Whoever knows can answer them. Here they are:

1) One of my guilds as about 200 people, and we need to send all of them a message. I thought I read someone that mass messaging for guilds would be coming soon. Is that part of the new Guild page?

2) What's going on with Timmy? Evil Timmy was separated but he wasn't destroyed...he's got to come back some time right? I love Timmy! Especially Evil Timmy, he made the X-mas event for me. I really hope we haven't seen the end of him!

3) I’m sure this has been asked a ton but oh well. Any idea when zOMG will be out of beta? And will new areas and higher levels be coming for people who have reached 10.0?

Thanks ahead of time! I wish I could stick around and talk (and maybe I will), but I have tons of homework due tomorrow that’s I’ve put off till the last minute. Procrastination is fun, but it’s stressful too. xD

<3 Roki
We're definitely working on that, but it's not the same thing as the new Guild frontpage. The same group of developers will be working on this feature though.

You're definitely on the right track. Stay tuned for what evil Timmy has in store for us!

That's a tough one! We've improved the speed and memory requirement, and we'll wait for Quixter to decide when is the engine solid enough to be final.

Lanzer
Purplesnoopy
Hey everyone! Hope things are going well!
I got a Hermit cat for my tank!
Right to the questions:
1. We gonna see any drag NPCs on April Fool's? It would be a good way to fool enemies...
2. Is Gino gonna throw himself a big birthday party in May? YOu know what they say- if you want something done right, ya gotta do it yourself!
3. How is "Aekea" pronounced?
Heh, I wonder what's gonna happen in two days...

We're gonna have our Easter event, but as far as Gino goes, I don't think he's gonna do that unless someone else pushes him hard enough.

Kind of like "Ikea" the furniture store. biggrin (yes the name was inspired by Ikea)

Lanzer
Riyko
Hi lanzer and staff.

This is my first ATA i'm posting in =D.

I know it's early, but what are you guys planning on doing for easter? (not for the gaia event)

Also when you made the narwhal plushie and the aquarium fish did you purposely design it after the actual narwhal or did you just kind of make it up?
Easter egg hunt! Probably something more but we're still working on it. We didn't have that much time so it won't be as big as Halloween or Summer event though.

Heh, we wanted something cute, not something realistic definitely. Kind of like the "star fish" biggrin

Lanzer
El_Pul
Evening everyone at the AtA! Hope you are all doing fine ^_^
I have a few questions
1) Why does Logan tell me that I must have the un upgraded rod on my Inventory when I try to upgrade my rods? (Obviously I have the un upgraded rod or I wouldn't be trying)
2) Last week my avi disappeared. Couldn't log in, so I logged into my mule, and when I looked up my main it had no picture, no name, nothing. What was that all about?
3) The overseer keeps granting me Leviathan Anklets, Lidless Demon Armor, etc. The Daily Chance grants me Aquarium Backgrounds. These items are piling up on our inventorys and we can't get rid of them that easily. Is there a way you could let us sell them back to NPC's or just dump them somewhere?
That's probably a bug, we'll need to fix it, along with a few other critical bug in the fishing game, sorry.

Maybe a database problem, actual hardware problem caused us some grief last week

We're working on a good way to rid of items without letting people accidentally getting rid of important items like MC and EI. The avatar team will be working on that later this year.

Lanzer
Platonix
You've described Gaia as "a parallel existence where fantasy meets reality. It's a place where talking about magic is just as okay as talking about your iPhone." And yet, despite plenty of places in the past plots where a magic-user would have fit nicely, so far the only wizards we've heard about are in item descriptions like the ones who made the Elemental Hair or the Bone Dragon Helm. We've had plenty of fantasy creatures, but unless Edmund is secretly a techno-mage (which might actually explain how a serum based on herbs can cure undeath), why don't we have any NPCs who cast spells yet?
Well don't NPC's using their ring powers count? biggrin Maybe what we need is a magic school... stare

Lanzer
stellacadente
Will we ever see the end of the Lidless Leviathan's Ancient Regalia of Inventory Doom items? Most of the items sell for 1g on the MP, hardly even worth the effort to list them. You can't even give them away.

Time for new Overseer items. Or 2g awards. I'd rather have the gold. Or a Olive Matte Wall Tile. Or nothing.

EDIT: crap, missed page 1.

What's your highest Booty Grab (not during Booty Grab Week)?
Yes ability to rid of items is definitely in the road map. Stay tuned for updates.

I don't have much luck but I only get about 200 gold when I booty grabbed, just need to sharpen my grabb'in skills.

pirula
kaykeyser
So we welcomed Ethan last week, but who is he? Who does he like? Is he good or evil? What town does he live in? is he the trigger of a new prom event? Whys he only selling 3 items? Why wasn’t he here last year? what do we know about this pretty boy?

I was looking threw my saved files looking up some of the old fan arts and NPC parody images from the past. People on Gaia have all kinds of crazy speculations, Liam was an Orphan, Liam fathered an Orphan, Gino is secretly Evil, Sasha is Gay, Sasha’s Evil clone shot Ian and will come after Gino next, Liam’s biggest fan will tie him up and beat him with a whip..etc made me think …..

What is the strangest Gaia plot rumor that the community has ever spread? Or do you not follow NPC fan threads?

What NPCs will be next to have there back stories expanded on?
I am utterly confident that any statement of the form "[NPC] is secretly [gay, orphan, evil, not actually human, twin, etc] " has been made at some point in the wild speculations about all the Gaia NPCs. There are no limits to the strangeness this community can invent biggrin Personally, I am most disturbed by the many Gambino manga edits that show him flashing various parts, and the one from valentines with his chest hair. *shudder*

About Ethan, well, he's a mysterious young stranger who.....oh, I give up. (we don't put too much detail into sponsor NPCs backstories, feel free to invent what you will!)

We are working on ways to feature NPCs more regularly, sort of like how the Dr. Singh and timmy storyline takes place in weekly updates, but for other NPCs as well. Having to wait for events to update the storyline is, well, less frequent than ideal. Hopefully we'll see a few of the NPCs start to reveal more about themselves over the next couple of months....

Lanzer
kiki264
I wondering since a question last week since cash card might be available in Canada.Will it be available in Quebec?Also will there be a prom this year?
Yup, when we have cards in Canada it'll definitely include Quebec.

Lanzer
YamiOmega
Evening to you all, and a big welcome back to Lanzer. We missed you last week. biggrin

Specific for Lanzer, I would hope you remember me from Otakon this past year. I had asked you to cut a Promo, at the Gaia Social, for a thread that I frequented quite a lot and the owner thought of it as a GREAT thing and very much appreciated your time when doing it.

My questions are:
1. What does the future hold for soul-binding items? A good few people I have seen as of late are afraid that the precious backwings that have been promised for ages will end up in the same boat as the Oni Set and Sashes, in being “status” items.

2. Who is in charge of the Tattoo/Piercing area of Gaia, if anyone? Are there any plans to update the tattoo/piercing list soon, and possibly add to older tattoo sets (I.E. Dragon’s in other colors, Pink and Purple Tribal tattoo’s, as well as others from the First Release in pink and purple, Gold Skin Dye perhaps)?

3. Are there any plans to release Elf Ears, the Sharaku Noses, or Pinocchio Noses in body dye colors, either separately (in the case of the Elf Ears) or together as one (the Superior Form Sharaku Nose), aside from the ones recently released in fish drops?
Nothing is set in stone, but for now, either items that are easily given out but have a status related to the user, or items that have gameplay elements would be considered soul bound, otherwise they shouldn't be.

L0cke and many others had a hand in tattoos. There are definitely plans for more, probably happening after we worked on the existing stores.

The bigger goal is to have those items auto-match the skin color, but that's a little far away. Before that happens, we might just make multiple poses with different color. Just need to find time to make that happen.

Lanzer
R0KI
All my questions have been answered! Thanks everyone! (now I really have to go do homework)

and GO LANZER!! You're getting those answers out at record speed! Keep going that fast and you may even reach page 2 tonight! rofl
I MADE IT! And on that note, good night everyone! Thank you for joining us and have a great week, knowing what's coming, I'm sure it will be. biggrin

Eloquent Informer

37,875 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Waffles! 25
April 6th

Lanzer
Hello everyone!

We've finally launched the new homepage today. It's our attempt to put more focus on community and Gaia features. What do you think of the new page?

The new Guild landing page should come out later this week if all goes well. Hope everyone will find it useful.

Lanzer
twiterpert
Howdy!

I have a question today! It may seem frivolous, but I'm sure you'll make alot of people happy by answering. Did the characters on the old banner ever have real names? If so, what were they?
Ah, the characters there were early concept sketches of job classes on Gaia. Yes, once upon a time we were thinking of making Gaia a complete fantasy world with a job class. eek We opted with a world that focus on a balance between community discussion on real life issues and fantasy role playing. So the job system was not implemented. (also why we didn't have fantasy items in day one)

SimplySimone
Sagger-AT3
OMGWTFMichael
Sagger-AT3
OMGWTFMichael
Hii : ) Uhm this is my first time but i was asked by Princess-Orphelia To
Post these questions because she can't be here tonight: )

"Hello Everyone.
Here are my questions for Lanzer..And who ever else wants to answer them.(These were done for a friend)

1. Do you ever have fun on Gaia? Or are you always just too serious and work too much?

2. Do you have any mule accounts, and if so, are we allowed on this little secret as to who there are?

3. Describe your dream date? And in Reality would you consider yourself to be a romantic person?

4. Any current secret crushes on Gaia?

Thank you for taking the time to answer them
1. Gaia is generally fun, which is why some of us work "too much" xp
2. I have mules. Quite a few of them. One of them even killed the endboss in zOMG!
3. I'm an economist, I don't think that and being romantic mizes together :/
Thats Awesome biggrin ! Do you get on your mules a lot?
I rode my mule to work this morning. I don't care about gas prices anymore!
I have become quite sensitive to the price of hay, though.
Is that what that smell was in the office today?!? Phew!
And you're not kidding, the price of hay has sky rocketed. I've been feeding my horses cookies lately to save money. sweatdrop

Lanzer
Darling Chibi Tenshi
The front page looks pretty good! 3nodding
Hey, I have two questions~
1.Are you guys going to add more videos on the “ThoseWhackyGaiaStaff” Channel on Youtube?

2.Sorry to sound like a brat, any updates on bringing original purple eyes back? I know you said its hard to bring them back cuz its not in the system( Or something like that sweatdrop ) and you guys are Super Super busy…So yeah…any updates for new/old eyes?
Not yet, we're gonna do some NPC related first, then later we're gonna get back to it.

There might be some changes but it might be towards bringing in more eye styles. Purple eyes might or might not be part of the update.

bronstahd
Crepu-Jewel
Hey Gaia Staff and Crew.
How’s every doin?
1. Will the new pet system be intergrated in ZOMG?

Thanks for the answers!
If/when a pet system is created for Gaia it will almost certainly be integrated with zOMG.

Sagger-AT3
Chibi Halo
Sagger-AT3
Chibi Halo
Sagger, what's up with that avatar? [He was fully human and wearing his old Icy Snug Set and banhammer again. -Platonix] And more importantly, is there any upcoming site project you're working on at the moment? Oh and I love the new look of the home page.
I'm connecting with my feminine (and newbie) side.

At the moment I'm working mainly on readjusting the gold granting of some features, to get a better balance between the rewards for different kinds of activities. We want to make it more valuable to stick around and do fun stuff on Gaia (without causing prices to jump too high). Hopefully, in the next couple of weeks we'll start feeling it 3nodding
Anything being talked about to combat the huge amounts of gold in the system and the exorbitant user controlled market listings (users making other users list things the way they want them listed) the last two random item generators created?
Part of the plan is to reduce gold coming in from some things, and increase gold coming in from other things.

bronstahd
loqoNIN
Does Gaia have any plans to keep Cresento and his magical, mysterious airship in zOMG's plot?
Nothing concrete, but we definitely do hope to bring Cresento back in a more lasting role. Nothing concrete, but something we're keeping in mind going forward.

As for the airship... it seems less likely but it's not outside the realm of possibility. smile

Lanzer
sasamiblue
I still want Lanzer to answer this one
What is the strangest gift you ever gotten from a fan?
The new home page looks neat not the best one ever but better then most.

What’s the ETA on getting a guild thread subscription feature? And why are guilds and forums not updated at the same time?
A can of spam was strange, a pack of spam light was even more strange! Never found that at the stores. But it tasted just as good!

We wanted Guild subscription, but that feature require some huge over-haul on the backend. We're working on some enhancements for guild owners first, then those other features come later. The reason why both weren't worked on at the same time was because the new code needed time to test with real users. At the same time, the migration does take a lot of time either they're worked on at the same time or separately.

Lanzer
Zeoia Kuesk
Will we be getting affordable fantasy items as commons? I mean besides the ones we have to get from zOMG.
Yes we meant to release fantasy items for quite some time now. Time to bug Juno about it. :O

Lanzer
Sergeant Fluffykins
Hello all! I'm having a fun time with my new DSi biggrin (I'm such a nerd) I hope you've all had a nice weekend. :] My questions are generally for whoever wants to/can answer them.
Here goes~

-Is there going to be a housing update anytime soon? If so, do you guys have any ideas on what kind of items might go into it biggrin ?

-I'm from the Gaian Theatre Company, so of course I'm going to ask this, xD but do you guys plan on putting the clapping emote in towns anytime soon?

-Are there any plans for new zOMG items being available? Crafting and otherwise?

Thank you,

~Fae Fluffykins
I won't get anything done if I got myself a DS! :O

We have a lot of housing items, and we're still frustrated that we haven't got around converting the housing editor to be in flash instead of director. Fixing Towns take priority unfortunately.

Oh that's a great idea. I'll ask the team to add that emote. An emote for rating would be fun too.

SimplySimone
x_Graff_x
O hai everyone.

Can i has cookies?
*Simone launches cookies at Graff from teh cookie launcher!* biggrin

Lanzer
Shroopliss
Hey, Lanzer! I loved this year’s April Fool’s prank. Best one yet, and the items just made it better! The Homepage is pretty cool, too!

Anyway, I has a couple questions I would like answered.

1. Will admin ever play a part in the plot, or will she only ever be used to carry announcements from the admin team to the NPCs and Gaians?

2. In zOMG!, there’s a certain avatar that comes up when you try to check someone’s stat page.

Down at zOMG! Elite, we’ve given her the nickname “Avyee”, but we wanted to give either you or Qixter the honor of giving her an official name. Does Avyee sound good?

3. Recently, I’ve gotten two “friend request refusals” from NPCs, specifically Sasha and Ruby. Are people clearing out the NPC friend requests in preparation for something?

4. Did you make it back safely from OMNIDRINK? Will OMNIDRINK ever return in the plot?
Admin isn't exactly an NPC, so we're kind of confused how to present her properly in an event. smile

How do you pronounce "Avyee"? Kind of like "Avi"?

They're friendslist are full because of a system limitation (just like mine), but we'll be fixing that in the near future.

No, flushed it all down the drain. biggrin

SimplySimone
BlinkingBlah
I went ahead and asked a Mod to look into some money issues I had been having about two months ago. She has not heard anything back from the admin team and either have I. Is there like a ticket number or anything that I can use to see if it was even submitted? Does it usually take this long to hear back from anyone?
No, it shouldn't take that long. Go here http://www.gaiaonline.com/contact/feedback and either use the Monthly Collectibles... in the drop down or General Inquiry (use the last link on that page). Someone should get back to you within a week.

bronstahd
Dark Elf Pilfer
Does Bronstahd/Trystan enjoy user run clan zOMG! events? And could he make me a sandwich?
To the first, yes! The GiB/Zurg even organized by the zOMG! Elite (if I remember correct) was cracking me up on 4/1. I also heard about the twins event and that kind of stuff is really awesome.

As for the sandwich... YOU ARE NOT TO BE TOUCHING MY SANDVICH! XD

SimplySimone
Platonix
SimplySimone
Platonix
Dark Elf Pilfer
Yes. Platonix normally has a link to previously asked ATA questions.
Yeah, I kinda dropped the ball today... sweatdrop Lanzer was more punctual than usual, the topic was on Page 2 before I discovered it had been made... emo

Here are some links for you: Previous Ask the admin topics are archived in this forum. | My thread compiling all answers given to date.
Hi Platonix, did you notice that the archives are in a new home now?? Good times! smile
It is a thing of true beauty. User Image
Thanks, I like it too! smile

Doh! You just reminded me that I forgot to add daffodils to my avi for cancer awareness month! I started doing it last week, but found that they blend in quite a bit with my very pink avi. Gotta work on that!

Lanzer
melodiethegreat
Hi! I like the new homepage. I don't spend a lot of time staring at that page, but it looks nice to me.
I just have a few quick questions for tonight:
-Is the engraving system ever going to be fixed? I'd love to be able to engrave my jewelery.
-When are there going to be new puzzles added to the Jigsaw game?
-Are there any plans for the Men's Warehouse gold shop? It looks kinda barren right now. sweatdrop
-Any hints about the Easter event? wink
Uh oh, I thought it was fixed. Need to check with Darknrgy.

I think we dropped the ball on that again, let me ask the art team for the update.

Don't think our sponsor asked for more items, though I hope they'll sign up for more.

Just learned that zOMG will have easter event also, that's all I have for now. :3

Sagger-AT3
Criinkled
First time posting in the AtA for me. o:

I have questions, of course.

1) Why is it that the item IDs are being shown as opposed to the names in inventories?

2) Are guilds getting an update soon? And, are Towns?

3) How about housing items?
1. That is a curious little bug. I'll inform the inventory people...

Panagrammic
Criinkled
1) Why is it that the item IDs are being shown as opposed to the names in inventories?
2) Are guilds getting an update soon?
1. Yah, we saw this bug today -- we'll patch out a fix tomorrow.
2. Guilds was updated today! We'll be doing more guilds changes over the next month or two.

Panagrammic
Dark Elf Pilfer
Are the clan/guild "rankings" going to be mixed forever to dissuade member count races? Or will they be returned to their old selves?
The problem with using "number of members" as the primary metric is that the rankings hardly ever change. This is something we'll be looking at and tweaking as we go.

Lanzer
OMGWTFMichael
Hii : ) Uhm this is my first time but i was asked by Princess-Orphelia To
Post these questions because she can't be here tonight: )

"Hello Everyone.
Here are my questions for Lanzer..And who ever else wants to answer them.(These were done for a friend)

1. Do you ever have fun on Gaia? Or are you always just too serious and work too much?

2. Do you have any mule accounts, and if so, are we allowed on this little secret as to who there are?

3. Describe your dream date? And in Reality would you consider yourself to be a romantic person?

4. Any current secret crushes on Gaia?
I'm having fun right now! biggrin Playing zOMG was fun, but yeah Gaia is SERIOUS BUSINESS :O

I have test accounts that I no longer use anymore.

My dream date consist of dinner and a visit to the beach, for some reason I like water, and the bathtub doesn't cut it. biggrin

Used to have a mad crush on Moria. Oh how naive I was. (j/k)

Panagrammic
BlinkingBlah
I was wondering what the status was with maybe raising the entry fee to the arena?
We're actively discussing this. If we do a change it'll be in the next week or two.

Sagger-AT3
Static Variable
Question for Sagger-AT3: Any chances we'll be getting a new gold sink in the near future?
Not that I know of... But there may be things I don't know eek
On the same topic: check out my latest journal post - it sums up my thoughts on making gold sinks for the sake of sinking gold (as opposed to making cool features that are fun to use and also absorb gold).

Lanzer
El_Pul
Evening everyone at the ATA! Hope you all have a wonderful week!
Just a couple of gaming questions tonight
Starting with Fishing:
1) A few days ago the animations in fishing were really smooth and looked great. Then it all changed back once again and it looks choppy again. What happened? Any chance we get the smooth ones back? biggrin
2) I'm competing this month, and I always invite my friends to fish with me, but this month is a bit weird, because my room keeps switching servers on its own, or sometimes dissapears. What is going on? Is it related with the no-bait glitch?
3) Captcha is fixed, thank you for that!! biggrin But lately it has been rather uncooperative. Most of us swear we type the exact thing we see, and yet we get the incorrect password and captcha re pops. Could you make them a little more easy to read? Or is it just a glitch?
Jigsaw questions:
4) The game is not granting gold after you finish the puzzle, that's really annoying (specially if you have done an insane one). Any fixes for that?
5) Could we get new images for the jigsaw game? I feel I'm starting to know all the jigsaws by heart.

Love the new Homepage!! ^_^ Looks great!! biggrin
I didn't even know we had an update! :O I'll check for you. The fishing code is a terrible mess right now.

Captcha uses a third party provider so we actually don't have control over the weird looking text. We're hoping that we can eliminate captcha for old users instead.

Will look into that ASAP.

Think we made the process for adding puzzles eaier, should be able to add more quite quickly now. I'll check out on that also. Thanks for the reminders!

SimplySimone
YamiOmega
Huzzah! Made it in time! biggrin Hello all! I hope you've had a lovely evening.

I just wanted to thank Lanzer for answering my questions last week, since by the time I saw he answered the thread had closed.

My question pertains this time though to the convention tour. With the current economic situation, will Gaia be toting around it's Kiosk for the Convention Dealers Rooms? It would be nice to be able to buy direct from Gaia instead of having to go through another vendor to get stuff.
We'll be at these Cons http://www.gaiaonline.com/conventions but we're not likely to be selling stuff at the Cons.

Lanzer
Nenalata
OMG! I made it to my very first AtA session! =D Greetings fron New Zealand Lanzer! *wavewave*

Anyway, are the admin/dev dolls ever going to be re-released?
Greetings!

Yes, there will be more dolls. We gave out too few of them last time.

Lanzer
Acannae
I think a certain someone in this thread is trying to make my post count go up. <.<
I love feeshing and I don't know if I'm seeing things or what. . . But I swear the yellow guppies are slightly faster than trash, but everyone tells me different. <.< That I'm just seeing things. *shrugs*

So my question is this:
Are the yellow guppies slightly faster than trash?
Yeah, but the tin can does put up a good fight!

SimplySimone
T w i s t e d Pandah
Shangrii-La
Hey!

I have a question regarding when you will update the Profile Spotlight. The profile community loves to have it's talent shown off, but the spotlight hasn't been updated for ages (4 months!) and we'd love you to start updating again.
We know that you're stuck for choices with the wealth of awesome profiles around, but it really pleases us when you update. C:

also, the homepage is awesome, it has a cosy feel x3
I have been wondering the same thing surprised
Can you post a link for this please?
SimplySimone
Kayley FC
SimplySimone
Kayley FC
It's on the Community page. PIG (Panic.Its.Grace) has been the Featured Profile for four months.
Thanks! Yes, we can certainly update that. Thanks for pointing that out. smile
I'm pleased to hear that, as will many PD regulars. :]

I would like to quote your reply in the PD's archive of Profile Spotlights, if you don't mind.
I don't mind, thank you for asking. smile

SimplySimone
Kinxed
SimplySimone
Kinxed
: D

1) Is it possible for you to make Gaia Cash harder to get so I stop spending so much money buying it? T~T

2) How do you feel about me camping outside the Gaia building?
1) Sorry, but we like that you like the Gaia Cash cards. smile We like them too!

2) I would hope that you would come upstairs and say hello and introduce yourself.
Sagger-AT3
2. Can you feed my mule while you're out there? He eats tents and tentacles, if needed.
Guess I just won't eat for the next week again. T~T Life is hard!

O: You'd actually let me in?? Is that a good idea? >.>

@Sagger- I can't feed your mule. I spent all my hay/tent/tentacles money on Cash cards. :C
Nenalata
eek You don't mind people coming in and doing that?
It's always best to coordinate with one of us beforehand. Otherwise, you might be trampled as we stampede from meeting to meeting and that would be ugly.
Inu_Hero
You mean... we can just walk right into the OFFICIAL Gaia building and say hi to everyone upstairs just like that? gonk

Now I have a question for you Simone or any of the staff to answer!

How many Gaia members on average go into the OFFICIAL Gaia building every month and/or year just to say hi to all you guys?
As I mentioned to Nenalata, you should coordinate a visit with us first. I'm not sure, a handful or so maybe. It's hard to fit everyone into our PO Box, ya know!

SimplySimone
Inu_Hero
Trampled? gonk

Oh my gosh, you must be busy all the time! D:

I'm curious Simone, how many meetings do you attend a day? Or how many meetings on average does everyone go to in the Gaia building every day? O.o;
Yes, we are very busy, but it's definitely a good busy. Everyone works really hard to bring new things to the site, enhance existing features and fix things up.

Oh geez, it depends on the day and what we're working on. Somedays, only 2 meetings, but other days are back-to-back for most of the day.

Lanzer
Crepu-Jewel
Hey Gaia Staff and Crew.
How’s every doin?
1. Will the new pet system be intergrated in ZOMG?
2. Will there ever be a create an item contest for evolving items?
3. When will the holiday poem contest in the arena be over?
4. When are more real life items going to be released in the gaia store?
5. Will there ever be a giant face off on all the holidays like there was in the flash back in that one even comic?
6. Will there ever be a darker skin tone vampire base because not all vampires are Caucasian?
7. Will you guys ever reimage or at least release a virtual form of the Gwee plushie ?
It looks better then the old gwee IMO

Thanks for the answers!
Yeah if we're releasing a pet system then we'll have pets in zOMG also

Very likely, just need to get back into having design contests once again

That I don't know, I thought it's monthly?

Real life items are kind of at a halt because of a lack of interest (sadly enough), we'll try to add some more later this year hopefully.

Lanzer
BlinkingBlah
I was wondering what the status was with maybe raising the entry fee to the arena?
There's a debate, but for now we're not planning to raise the fee for fairness issue.

Lanzer
Shangrii-La
Hey!

I have a question regarding when you will update the Profile Spotlight. The profile community loves to have it's talent shown off, but the spotlight hasn't been updated for ages (4 months!) and we'd love you to start updating again.
We know that you're stuck for choices with the wealth of awesome profiles around, but it really pleases us when you update. C:

also, the homepage is awesome, it has a cosy feel x3
We're putting all our time on the homepage for now, it'll feature profile spotlight as well as other spotlights like avatars and aquariums. We'll work our way to other page later. Sorry for the stale content.

Sagger-AT3
Ceribri
Ceribri
Okay, I'm also from the Gaian Theatre Company, and I echo the sentiment that the clapping emote would be EPIC, or at least another emote to express joy in a non-winking/laughing way. Plz and thank you.

It'd be awesome if some of you guys came to see a show this month. heart

Another question: Are you going to have a prom/dance/formal/homecoming or anything of the sort on Gaia this year? biggrin

Thanks for all the work, as always.

~ Ceri
Quoted from page 2. :c
I haven't had the pleasure of attending so far, but maybe I'll make it this time*.

* terms and conditions apply, not available in some states, void if I forget

SimplySimone
Sylwithia
I have a question for any admin:

What do you think of Sting and/or the Police?
ninja
I don't know, but when you mention them, I feel like sending out an SOS.

Lanzer
Static Variable
Hey gaise! been awhile since I made it to AtA.

Simulcasting. Any chance we could get it here on Gaia?

Gonzo and TV Tokyo recently(well, not so recently now) allowed Crunchyroll.com to air some of their content(including simulcasting new shows). I think this could do well here at Gaia considering how many anime fans we have. This could bring in new users and new money to a company that is desperately in the red and could use a new source of income. This could also breathe new life into Cinemas.

Edit:
Any chance someone could comment on potentially having Towns share zOMG's back-end?
Yeah we had been talking a lot with Gonzo before, and we wanted to do something larger scale if we are to work together, but our resources are kind of strapped right now. We might work with Crunchyroll instead, and we're still talking about it with those guys.

Lanzer
martin04
Hey Lanzer and Staff

I have some ?'s I love to ask. whee

What kind of movies/books yall like?
What do yall do on your free time?
What's the crazy-est/weirdest thing or things a fan has done to yall??
The weirdest thing or things a fan has given yall?
Any creepy or embarrassing story/moment that you wish to share surprised

Sorry if I misspell something.. Still learning English sweatdrop
I like science fiction books and movies. I read hundreds of them and there isn't one particular favorite...

Starting to play video games now. But otherwise we usually go out for movies. Watches Knowing last week, I like it because I'm a Sci-Fi fan. biggrin

Flying glomp? Calls to my answering machine? Random objects being thrown at us? biggrin

Gaians in general aren't creepy, you'll need to look else where for creepy people. I think computer nerds are more creepy (which I am one also). biggrin

Have a great week everyone!

Timid Genius

Dangit, I missed it AGAIN...
It's hard to get to it because I have class at the exact same time it starts.

If someone could ask this question for me next time, I'd be very appreciative of them.
I was wondering when/if the trash items will get an update. I like the paper hats and flower bouquets, but there are so many other possibilities like bugs for avatars, papercraft items, flower dresses, etc. Will we ever get new trash creatable items? If so, when?

Thanks.

Sparkling Mage

(from xkcd.com)
User Image

^ They should use that as the new captcha xDD !!!

I should show this at the next AtA if I remember xDD !

@ Platonix: So they're going to make a new forum that will include past Ask the Admins apparently? So will they be moving your thread over there or will they just make a new one? D:

Questionable Ghost

31,625 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Miasmal Lake Visitor 25
  • Miasmal Lake Roamer 50
There already is a forum for old Ask the Admin threads.

Timid Genius

Katerin

You do realize this is just posts from important people, right?
It's a huge convenience if you don't want to skim through 16 pages of nonsense to find 20+ posts.

Questionable Ghost

31,625 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Miasmal Lake Visitor 25
  • Miasmal Lake Roamer 50
Java Robot
Katerin

It's a huge convenience if you don't want to skim through 16 pages of nonsense to find 20+ posts.

I was actually answering the question in the post before mine, but thanks for acting like a d**k.

Timid Genius

Katerin
Java Robot
Katerin

I was actually answering the question in the post before mine, but thanks for acting like a d**k.

My bad, took it out of context.
I hope they put this thread there anyways.

Eloquent Informer

37,875 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Waffles! 25
April 13th

Lanzer
Hello everyone!

Hope you're all having fun and collecting eggs for the event. How many of you actually had an Easter Egg hunt during the weekend?

For all guild users, how many of you had got a chance to check out the new Guilds landing page?

Let's get started with this week's ATA thread!

ramoneguru
If you're still busy collecting eggs you have until Wednesday the 15 at midnight to finish collecting them. It can be done and glad you guys liked the event this year. As always it was definitely a group effort with the art, dialogue, comics, and game dynamics smile

Lanzer
Dark Elf Pilfer
Tell us about the hacking, please.
I had my dose of Omnidrink over the weekend, and by the time I woke up... biggrin

Sagger-AT3
x_Graff_x
Sagger-AT3
x_Graff_x
Sagger-AT3
I know that the thread is called "Ask the Admin", but I have my own question: how many people do you think should make it to the last step of an event? should everyone do it? half? quarter? 2% ? elevtybillionths?

I'm still working on my own pink bunny slippers. Should be around 175/500 now...
O sagger i'll help ya *hands a bunch of eggs*
* Eats 2 eggs, incubates the others *
Hey actually i have a question for you.

What are you? spiderman?
I'm a praying-mantis boy. Almost as cool as spiderman...
Sagger-AT3
Platonix
I would want to know vastly more about what percentage of the community are willing to put in X amount of effort than I currently do before I judge event difficulty based on how many people complete it.
Well, how many people do you think have earned the first item in this event? How many earned the second item? The third? These coveted pink bunny slippers? I'm just curious about how people feel.

SimplySimone
I dont want waffles
I forgot about last weeks AtA, but I'm back, and with more questions!

[list of questions for Lanzer]

To the rest of the staff:

What happened to Movie Mondays? And Anime Tuesdays?

Would any one of you be willing to crew with me in zOMG, and help me take out the endboss?

What's a good place to get awesome Calzones?
I'm not sure what happened to Movie Mondays, but Anime Tuesdays happen every other week.

I'd be willing to crew, but I'm not that far in the game. I'm still at Bill's Ranch.

I like T-Birds Pizza in Los Gatos. Yummy veggie calzones!

Sagger-AT3
pirhan
Lanzer & Crew : Great job on the Easter Event. I love it. It's reminds me of the 2004 Easter Event (my first Gaia event). It's fantastic gathering eggs throughout the site. (And I love it's site wide so I'm not tied to a single forum.)

I also want to say, please don't leave Gaia to start an acting career (Re: OmniDrink) blaugh

and... nice avatar Sagger xd .
User Image
Thank you!
Please don't stand in the fallout zone.

Sagger-AT3
WinterBear
I helped with the kid's Egg Hunt in the park this weekend. I was assigned to the 5-yer-olds. 10 minutes flat, and not a single egg or piece of candy left. Actually pretty civil behavior from the little guys, although some of the parents could have taken lessons from the kids!

I like the new landing pages for guilds, pretty spiffy. 3nodding

To everyone: How was your Easter? Did the dreaded income taxes get done?
Dreaded? I can't wait to get my rebates...

Lanzer
sasamiblue
Ruffus had a college fund? What was the name of the school he was thinking of going to? Was the fund an inheritance or the earning of running the shop? And how will Ruffus get to school now? I feel kind of sad he’s not getting an education. Can you say some thing to cheer me up?
Yeah, he was all slated to attend UCAT until this happened... biggrin On a more serious note, I don't think Rufus need any secondary education to be the smartest cat in town. smile

SimplySimone
Static Variable
First off, Congrats on the Easter event. I really enjoyed it.

1) What, if anything, can you disclose about the hacking?
--Was this a case of brute-forcing or something else(keylogger, weak password)?

-- Any staff --

2) What did you do for Easter?

3) Is Towns going to change over to whatever engine that zOMG uses?
--Can you give a time line or ETA(even something vague would be greatly appreciated)?
Hi Everyone! *Waves all around.*

I didn't do anything Easter-centric this year except for playing the events on Gaia. I went out and rode my horses, worked on training a baby horse, and took of an injured horse. It was a busy day/weekend at the ranch!

ramoneguru
Dark Elf Pilfer
ramoneguru
OMGWTFMichael
I've got a suggestion : D!
i think there should be more eggs to get
the final prize 3nodding 500 was to easy ;D!
A lot felt that 500 was too much, but they still seem to want to go for it. Its not an impossible goal, it just takes some time to finish it... If the event was running for less than a week then yeah, maybe something like 350 eggs would have been better I think.
500 is only too much if you do it consecutively...like I did. For 12ish hours of playing nonstop egg darts and keeping track with a friend over IM.
Yeah, some complaints were that "oh I have to refresh the same page over and over again" but the gameplay was supposed to just have you browse forums, landing pages and stuff. I mean you can easily grab eggs by just reading different threads, posting, more reading hahaha. We weren't hoping that that people would sit on one page and refresh.

Next time it would be cool to do it site wide so no matter what you were doing, grabbing an egg would be possible... but again, that might take a bit more resources than we have available.

SimplySimone
x_Graff_x
SimplySimone
x_Graff_x
SimplySimone
This is the first year that I didn't get to dye eggs. crying

I love the new Guilds landing page!! smile
O hai simone, can i have some of your cookies?
Sure! *tosses a plate of cookies plus an Easter egg.*

Cool hair Graff!
Thank you, i still want to marry the person who made this hair. [He was wearing the new Liberty Spikes hairstyle. -Platonix]

Hey simone how come the egg says "graff & simone together forever"
Oh does it? Sorry, I thought I put a sticker over that. LOL...must be the hair!
SimplySimone
x_Graff_x
Simone needs some glasses seriously ROFL,btw hey simone would please accept a friend request from me -gets on his knees-
Hmmm, lemme think about this....okay! But stand up please, you're making a scene. LOL

Lanzer
I dont want waffles
I forgot about last weeks AtA, but I'm back, and with more questions!

This one's for Lanzer ^^

What are the contents of your desk drawers?

What are the contents of your sock drawer?

Would a rip tear through time and space and everything collapse on itself if you were to put your underwear in your sock drawer, and your socks in your underwear drawer?

What is the meaning of the universe?

Are you a fan of Calzones? XD

Will we ever have Prunny items?

What happened to Movie Mondays? And Anime Tuesdays?

Would any one of you be willing to crew with me in zOMG, and help me take out the endboss?

My drawer has a rather scary amount of business cards that I've collected over the years. Then there are essentials like my swiss army knife with a built in flashlight! Very important shall we found ourselves in any survival horror situations.

Black socks.

No because the odor would act as a glue to seal everything together...

To surf

No, not a fan of cals.

Don't think so. It'll require prunny minds.

Sagger-AT3
Defisher
Any future plans on expanding the ring of avatars? Maybe to the point in which you can be an animal instead of a person? Or such of?

Edit:
Or maybe updating the forums in which you could filter threads with certain words in the title?
We'll have something better than filtering: there are plans to have a (functioning) forum search! including thread titles, content, ets.

SimplySimone
Platonix
SimplySimone
WinterBear
I helped with the kid's Egg Hunt in the park this weekend. I was assigned to the 5-yer-olds. 10 minutes flat, and not a single egg or piece of candy left. Actually pretty civil behavior from the little guys, although some of the parents could have taken lessons from the kids!

I like the new landing pages for guilds, pretty spiffy. 3nodding

To everyone: How was your Easter? Did the dreaded income taxes get done?
Hey WinterBear, it's been a while since I've seen you here. WB

Yep, worked on income taxes...not done yet though. *wishes taxes were automated*
TurboTax©. Love it. I did my taxes in somewhere around half an hour.
I used TurboTax too, but I didn't like what it told me this year, so I'm trying to figure out what to do before hitting the "send" button. sweatdrop
SimplySimone
WinterBear
Thanks--things were too crazy/busy for me for a while.

I'm going to have to request an extension on mine. I'm still waiting for some replacement paperwork since what I have came in the mail mangled and missing half--the half which says how much I paid in taxes! gonk
Oh noes! Best of luck with that.

pirula
R0KI
Aw man...I'm late...stupid distracting Anti-Twilight art....
I'll ask my questions anyway.

1) What are the different jobs at the Gaia "office"? (I feel like office isn't really the right word when describing the Gaia HQ, but it's the best I've got. xD) Because I am starting to seriously consider the kind of things I want to to after college (even though I'm in high school) and ever since I made an account in 2006, working for Gaia has always seemed like a good idea. Any advice on that?

2) Is it possible to get a gift back if you send it to the wrong person? (and the person you sent it to hasn't logged in since at least 2006. I would know. I want their username so I check up on them often...)
I got here late too, so I'll do my best to answer your questions.

1) The Gaia office is pretty diverse! Developers, UI designers, Artists, customer support, marketing, writers, sales (they get sponsorships and ads) and miscellaneous middle managers (like me!). Any college degree can definitely get you started in these areas, but obviously things like computer science, art, and business come in handy.

2) not that I know of, though I suppose you could file a report. I have the same problem with welcome gifts I sent to friends who never came back. sad

pirula
x_Graff_x
pirula
ooh! i was so busy hunting eggs I missed the first half of ATA! I only have 200, probably time to give up on the bunny slippers....
Hello pirula dear,do you have something for me this week?
how bout a ..... hug? (I'm dressed in pink, so I *must* be nice!)

pirula
Princess-Orphelia
I do have a question.
And l did send this Via PM to SimplySimone and to Lanzer, but l understand that you guys are busy and probably have too many to go through. biggrin

So here is it again.
Living in Australia, l have asked multiple places such as 7/11 and Target etc.
But no-one seems to know what Gaia Cash cards are. They look at me really weird, like what the heck l'm l talking about.
So perhaps you guys need to look at that.. biggrin
We don't sell em outside the U.S. not even in Canada yet sad We really want to, but we have to find the right vendors, sign the right contracts, etc. It turns out even multi-national companies are not really one single company when you make a contract, they usually go by region.

Sagger-AT3
WinterBear
Sagger-AT3
WinterBear
I'm at 419 eggs Sagger.
As an aside, I just got a Booty Grab from your submarine--I didn't know they were triggers!
That's awesome!
I wish I had a screenshot of me floating around throwing out copious amounts of gold.
It crashed Sagger, so I didn't get a screenshot. My computer hates me, I think. I'll try again sometime.
Photoshop xp
Sagger-AT3
WinterBear
I had to spend my money on a new sewing maching Sagger--so I don't have photoshop.

Stupid machine! It was only a year old! gonk
MS paint?
crazy spork i am
WinterBear
crazy spork i am
i've recently started learning to sew with a hand me down sewing machine biggrin
I love having a machine. It means I can make my own curtains and pillows, wallhangings, and so on.

Are you having fun with it yet?
i'm starting to make my own dress :3 it's a little difficult but most of the stuff i learned is pretty intuitive and makes sense so it's just all about trial and error from here on out!

SimplySimone
R0KI
@ Simone: I'm not sure if I've ever told you this, but I've been meaning too. I love your avi! It's not something I'd ever do cause I'm much more emo, but it's still really cute!
LOL, thanks R0KI!! You're funny...I'm far from emo, but I really don't dress THAT girly IRL. I just really love Biancamella. heart

Lanzer
PinkFae15
Good job on the easter event guys! I loved all aspects of it. Although in the future please shy away from combining a sponsor and gaia's NPCs/events.

Will puzzles be getting an update any time soon?

Why was the item description changed for the fondue item? ((Please stick with your decision to release more sexually driven items. If you can't handle the negative feedback please don't even bother in the first place. /rant)) If enough user support was given to changing the description back to the original would it actually be done?
We're looking into updating Jigsaw right now. As for sponsors within events, we're testing the water to see if there's anything that makes sense. Wouldn't go with anything that doesn't fit thematically, but we're definitely listening to everyone's feedback.

I think that we're always pushing the border on some of the jokes going around the office, and at the end of the day, trying to make everyone happy is a tough, tough job. We do make mistakes, and I hope that they can be forgiven with other cool stuff that we build.

SimplySimone
Princess-Orphelia
SimplySimone
Princess-Orphelia
I do have a question.
And l did send this Via PM to SimplySimone and to Lanzer, but l understand that you guys are busy and probably have too many to go through. biggrin

So here is it again.
Living in Australia, l have asked multiple places such as 7/11 and Target etc.
But no-one seems to know what Gaia Cash cards are. They look at me really weird, like what the heck l'm l talking about.
So perhaps you guys need to look at that.. biggrin
Sorry Orphelia, I'm a little behind in PMs.

There has been talk of bringing Cash Cards to Canada, but we haven't discussed other countries yet. We should definitely explore some options though. I didn't realize that you're in Australia. Fun! It's on my list of places to visit soon. smile
Aww, No no, that is ok SS (can l call you that, it's easier to type)...And l do understand how busy you can get. l always come up with ideas, that l like to send you guys via PM when l think of them, as l tend to forget later..Hope you don't mind me doing that..Yes, good idea to look into it for the future. As l know many people would love to spend on them..And yes, l am from Down Under Australia, beautiful country. You should by all means visit here one day.. biggrin
I suppose, but I definitely respond to Simone...I might miss SS. Sure thing...you can PM away. And I'll definitely visit soonish. We talk about it every year. One of these days, it's gonna happen!
SimplySimone
Princess-Orphelia
Hey, can we have Admin's as our friends?
How come no one wants to be my friend? crying

Simone..
Consider it done. From now on, l shall PM you with any ideas l have.. biggrin
Yes you can.

Awesome, I look forward to them! Just bear with me on response times.

pirula
I dont want waffles

Best place, hands down, is Pete's "the calzone king" on top of Queen Anne Hill in Seattle. I have made a point to sample calzones all over the world, and can scientifically prove this fact with a low margin of error. Seriously. I miss it now.

Lanzer
kaykeyser
Hey every one! Check out My thread .
I made a small update but its been weeks since people have visited the thread so stop by!!

Also if you want to use my ideas to inspire your ideas I’ll allow it.

So this Omni drink thing, was that just an April fools event? Or will it tie in to the plot in some vital way? And what was it like being held hostage?...Or so the rumor mill said.

Easter even was nice eggs were well hidden I like how it was done. I havnt had time to work on every thing going on but I like the ideas. The easter bunny game looks cool too I havnt felt like messing with those stupid beavers to get threw the whole corse on time.

But the event hasn’t had any major disasters so it looks like it’ll be just fine.

Will there be a comic update after the event?
Yes Omnidrink is only for April Fools.

We're planning on comic for later events right now, so doesn't look like there's follow-up for Easter.

Sagger-AT3
Dark Elf Pilfer
Did anyone think of the ill effects of the zOMG Egg hunt? It was the most brilliant part of the holiday, don't get me wrong, but for a game that boasts cooperation, I was sure shouting a lot of obscenities at my screen.
Personally, I thought the challenge was great. It added a strategic element to the hunt - where should I look for eggs so I'll be able to avoid the crowds?), a competitive element (will I get that before this guy does?), and I manged to get a couple of those "kill 500 of X animated" badges... (for my zOMG! mule, of course). I ended up laughing at my slowness more than shouting at other people.

Lanzer
Pixelated Carmie
Thank you so much for the hair <3!

All I would love to know is what inspired you to become a site maker person?
And what was your dream job?
ALSO, how fast is your internet connection?

Thank you once again for all your hard work, you sure spoiled us!

EDIT: My easter was fun, my baby cousins kept on tackling me though.
My inspiration came from a community guy, and a nerd. I started posting and moderating since I was in high school, and soon after I started programming for fun. It all lead up to me building servers and hosting community sites!

My dream job is to work for myself and with people I like working with. Been like that for many years now!

My data travel at LIGHTSPEED! biggrin Funny what a 10mb/s pipe can do.

Lanzer
Zeoia Kuesk
Will we have more items that cover up our private Gaian parts (preferably not cash items)? Like the stars and clouds from fallen wish, hearts from alruna, and leaves from Gift of the Goddess?

Are you a pirate? pirate
Yes, but those will be rather scarce. Not all users appreciate the humor in those items. :O

ninja

crazy spork i am
Static Variable
crazy spork i am:

Hello! whee
Any chances we will get another watermeat type animation from you and Kirby? ninja
we might? it's hard to say. i mean, we have the 3d model in case we ever need to use it, it's just a matter on what for :3

Lanzer
Static Variable
First off, Congrats on the Easter event. I really enjoyed it.

1) What, if anything, can you disclose about the hacking?
--Was this a case of brute-forcing or something else(keylogger, weak password)?

-- Any staff --

2) What did you do for Easter?

3) Is Towns going to change over to whatever engine that zOMG uses?
--Can you give a time line or ETA(even something vague would be greatly appreciated)?
We blame it all on Omnidrink.

We ended up watching Dragonball and Naruto, it was a really weird Easter Sunday...

Yes, the plan is to eventually switch over the to the same server. It won't happen anytime soon because we're still working to stabilize the server itself.

SimplySimone
Dark Elf Pilfer
Emergancy567
you guys are the kind of people i would LOVE to work with
NERF gun fights?
Heck yeah! I have 5 Nerf guns and a HUGE missile launcher. That thing is awesome!! ninja

SimplySimone
R0KI
Uncle Haijin
Can we ever have Ask the NPC? It's not that I don't like you guys, I just like Edmund better. o Ao
That would be awesome! I wanna talk to Evil Timmy! (But freaky puberty Timmy is okay too. Cause Evil Timmy is probably growing up too. *squee*)
Back off, Liam's all mine! LOL rawr!

Lanzer
R0KI
Aw man...I'm late...stupid distracting Anti-Twilight art....
I'll ask my questions anyway.

1) What are the different jobs at the Gaia "office"? (I feel like office isn't really the right word when describing the Gaia HQ, but it's the best I've got. xD) Because I am starting to seriously consider the kind of things I want to to after college (even though I'm in high school) and ever since I made an account in 2006, working for Gaia has always seemed like a good idea. Any advice on that?

2) Is it possible to get a gift back if you send it to the wrong person? (and the person you sent it to hasn't logged in since at least 2006. I would know. I want their username so I check up on them often...)
Good question. There are:

- Developers, they build stuff
- QA, they test stuff
- Artist, they make items and art for games, etc
- Designers, they make web pages look neat and pretty
- Admins, they work with mods to make the forum usable
- Sales, they work with sponsors
- Marketing, they spread the word about Gaia
- Accounting, they do all the complicated math, balance out cost and earning

There are more positions from management to HR that are essential to co-ordinating effort for a team with a hundred people.

If you made a gift to the wrong account, a mod or admin should be able to help with such situations.

Think we're out of time this week. Have fun collecting more eggs until Wednesday, and we'll see you all next Monday!

Invisible Citizen

I heart this thread. smile Thank you for the upkeep and sorting Platonix!

Eloquent Informer

37,875 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Waffles! 25
April 20th

Lanzer
Hello everyone,

Hope everyone enjoyed last week's event. This week we are talking about a dance/masquerade event that will replace last year's prom event. Do everyone prefer a dance or a prom?

Lanzer
ffreddd123
User Image

This weeks questions come from GameTesterJan, our clan leader!

Question 1
Why are the GGN updates only updating guilds but the clans are left ignored, will clans get some exclusive updates too or will they be neglected for a period of time?

Question 2
Would it be possible to change the method of clan ranking based on the following variables community CL total, post count, member count and activity. Right now the hierarchy roster seems inconsistent with it's hierarchy it does not appear to be based on any numeric principle it is either display newly created clans or active communities which post daily etc.

Question 3
Can we please create a premium start up fee when creating clans to be much like guilds if anything increase the price of creating one to 20k+ ideally perhaps 60k.

I have many reasons to request this and the following petition lists why
Clans startup creation fee petition (Make it premium!)
Guilds is a separate system than clans, as clans came with zOMG as a feature that is less than 6 months old, guilds as a feature is about 4 years old now, so it makes sense for us to tackle guilds first.

Clan ranking will probably be adjusted to reflect gameplay elements in the future. For now, it's more meant as a tool for communication. Though that'll change after we cover the basics.

As far as clan cost goes, we once believe that the cost is one way to keep quality of guilds higher, but we're more and more seeking ways to make higher quality guilds easier to find or listed, so that it'll be the actual content that determine the quality, not the cost in creating the guild or clan. More on that as we hash out the details. But we definitely understand your concern and we have the same goal - to create an environment where there are more higher quality groups that are easier to find.

SimplySimone
Chastler
SimplySimone
Chastler
(lol, another prom would be awesome!!)

Dear Lanzer and Staff,
LOVED the event. It was really well put together. Nice work!!! I have several questions today (sorry…) because I missed the last couple AtAs on accident… my bad ^^;;;

7. With all these new items (the MCs, the new evolving items, etc…) in the cash shop, I feel a tremendous urge to buy them. I can’t buy them from the MP, because I’m currently questing, which leaves the only option, which is Gaia Cash. Now, the closest Target/711/Wal-Mart/Rite-aid is a half an hour away. This makes it difficult to go out and buy Cash Cards. When I finally found out that you could mail your money in to you guys, I got really excited. However, I got a little concerned. If I were to send my money in the mail, what would happen afterwards? Would I get PMed? Would I receive anything back in the mail? What's that whole process?

8. Right now, the east coast is experiencing their first thunderstorm of the season. It's a tornado watch... I don't like it... gonk Just out of curiosity, do you guys enjoy thunderstorms? I know a lot of people who like to watch them, but I get nervous every time redface

Sorry for the long post… But it’s great to be back with the swing of the AtA…

Thanks!
Whew! You have a lot of questions. I'll take the two I can address:

7. You will get a PM once the money is received and the Gaia Cash will show up on your account (up in the header near your gold count).

8. Thunderstorms, wow! It was 95 degrees here today and it's still pretty warm, feels like summer. I don't have much experience with thunderstorms...I prefer the sunshine, personally. I spent part of today working outside in the warm sun. Mmmmmm...
I'm sorry!!! I've missed several AtAs... I had them stacking up. I'll try not to ask so many next time sweatdrop

We got rain ALLL DAAYY... Then we started getting Tornado watches... it wasn't good. Luckily, the storms are dying down now.
That's quite alright. Sorry I couldn't address more of them. I'm glad to hear the storm is passing you by.

pirula
Chastler

Dear Lanzer and Staff,
LOVED the event. It was really well put together. Nice work!!! I have several questions today (sorry…) because I missed the last couple AtAs on accident… my bad ^^;;;

1. I know I’ve brought this up before… But now that the homepage is new, guilds are updated, and the inventory system is nice and fresh, what’s next? I mean, we have the EIs, we have the Cash Shop, we have the Aquariums, and zOMG… But whats the next big project for Gaia? I hear there may be a pet system in store? Or even a marriage system?

6. Have you ever considered breeding fish for aquariums? I think that might be a fun feature! Now, I know this takes away the “cash shop” aspect of it, but maybe, to make up for it, you would have to buy a certain item in the cash shop to breed with. I dunno… Just throwing out ideas XD

7. ... If I were to send my money in the mail, what would happen afterwards? Would I get PMed? Would I receive anything back in the mail? What's that whole process?

Thanks!
I'll take a stab at some of your questions:

1) Now that Inventory & Guilds are updated, next is.....Inventory & Guilds! Actually its true, both of those updates were supposed to be first step in a long journey. Those teams are still working on making those features better, although Shops and Forums are also in the mix.

1 & 6) There are some ideas that we always talk about in the office, and daydream about being able to build someday. Pets & breedable pets are definitely among those topics...so many good ideas....

7) I did send cash to Gaia once. It takes about a week to go thorough (at least it did for me, and I live in California!); but yes, I got a PM & my monthly collectible letter once they got it. No response in the RL mail. I know in some countries it is not reliable to send cash in the mail, but in the US it seems to work OK.

Lanzer
Dark Elf Pilfer
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

1. The Overseer has released the Team Barton and Team Aekea Tennis Jackets. Will he decide to release the Durem and Gambino Island Tennis Jackets before the Summer Town vs Town events?

2. Why are the EIs coming out so slowly?
Normally, we are screaming about how many there are. Now it's the opposite. Is there some secret explosion of content slated for release or was everyone on the Easter project? Maybe a decent MC release requires few EIs. I don't know.

3. Werewolves! Again. Do eet.
Let's say that the von Helson's (minus papa) have some secret occult book and rare artifact collection that releases a werewolf curse.
And they eat cows.
The werewolves, not the V's.
Very likely, as there'll probably be more competition coming up. Though we haven't started planning for summer event yet.

You're definitely right. In a way we're reacting to the community's response for having less EI's. Then we're very caught up with events. As each artist get more inspired to release their items we'll be seeing more EI's in the future.

Hey I eat cows too!

SimplySimone
rubyaileen
A couple of questions tonight

I know it's been mentioned a couple of times, but why can't we get new puzzles in jigs? Some of the new artist pics for the EI's would make awesome jigs.

Will we ever see any new exchange items,for flowers, paper, fish?

any possiblity of booty grab threads being put into thier own sub forum of aquriums? any real aquarium questions or discussion kind of gets lost with all the booty grabbing going on.

and lastly...any possiblity of getting a Ruby Lionback(Like seen in the shallow seas) for our aquariums?

Love the new un-named fourm.
I know Lanzer was checking on some new puzzles for Jigsaw, but I haven't heard anything recent on that.

We've discussed a Booty Grab subforum, but it's on hold for now.

Glad you love the new "Help Gaia Name This Forum" forum. It will be named soon. There were so many amazing names submitted! We really have our work cut out for us. smile

pirula
Xavos Drakenal
Another question for admins, I don't mind which one answers.

If you had three things to choose from, An apple, a peach or a mango, which one would you eat?

I am serious too.

Personally, I could eat a peach for HOURS heart
i'm with you on that. Peaches are my favorite fruit. smile (I hope there is not a double-entendre there...)

SimplySimone
Platonix
pirula
x_Graff_x
Are we going to see more of jose?
Jose? Do we have an NPC named Jose?
User Image I suspect he meant Josie...
No, it's Jose...he's laying in a lounge chair by the water (new game) in the new Skittles world that opened just after Easter.
pirula
Ahhhh....that Jose! I did meet him, I don't know of any plans for him though. Maybe he jsut likes to hang out on the beach?

pirula
Lanzer
Yojimaru
Hello Lanzer and any other staff members that might read this. I only have one question. There has been a lot of speculation as to if the Titan's Legacy is finished evolving or not, could one of you give us confirmation on this subject?
The official word is nope, so there will be more evolutions coming up!
(oops, I think I put in wrong in the EI museum then...) *runs off to fix it*

edit: fixed.

Lanzer
Reichiru Tomoe
- Will Edmund ever accept my friend request? It's been two years. crying
User Image

- What do you think the NPCs would do if they ever looked at their fan threads? ... or have they already?
Sorry, but as soon as we fixed the friendslist database NPC (and me) can accept friend requests.

SimplySimone
OMGWTFMichael
Woo I barely made it. and i have a question
What do you admins consider spam?
Spam typically comes in 3 forms:
1) Strange meat product in a can (does not apply to forums)
2) Posting the same thing repeatedly or similar posts that are advertising or off-topic
3) Low content posts that don't contribute to the thread (typically a disruptive post)

pirula
Reichiru Tomoe
- Will Edmund ever accept my friend request? It's been two years. crying
User Image

- What do you think the NPCs would do if they ever looked at their fan threads? ... or have they already?
I wouldn't hold out hope, dear. Edmund only has eyes for Vanessa.

IRL: we have to make a few tweaks to the friend system before you'll start seeing some action from the NPCs . We would need to change the limits on the number of friends, and either automate it or get people to maintain the NPCs. Its also been talked about that friendship with an NPC might need to be 'earned' instead of just given...up to you to imagine how that might play out, especially since I don't know when or if any of this might eventually happen....

pirula
I dont want waffles
To the other staff:

If you could play zOMG! As any of the Animated, which one would you be? How would you be different from the other Animated? (shiny? More HP? Weird attacks?)
I would be a black patent-leather flying clutch. shiney!

SimplySimone
I dont want waffles
SimplySimone
I dont want waffles
Hello, Simone! *waves* How're ya'?
Hello Mr. Waffles. I'm good, thanks! How are you tonight?
Always good to hear. *leaves cookies out*

I'm hot and exhausted and trying not to be depressed, since my kitty's dying. ;_;
Awww, I'm sorry to hear about your kitty. I lost my 17 year old kitty last summer right after my Grandma passed away. it was a rough time.

Try to stay hydrated and take care of yourself.

Lanzer
I dont want waffles
In the AtA on January 19, you answered Aoloni's question of
when we would be getting backwings with this response:
Lanzer
For now it's a myth, but it'll come true as we start to introduce a series of long term quests. Short, daily quests will come first.
So, when will the staff decide to give us these daily quests? Sometime within this year? As I see it, the quest system is fine, as we have been bombarded with sponsor quests put together by the Gaia staff, and on less frequent occasions, we've been given actual site-related quests with the NPC's. So what's the holdup? I honestly doubt that it takes a grand total of 6 years to release daily quests, and work your way up from there, to ultimately give the Gaians their long awaited backwings. It's possible to throw us a bone and start getting out these daily quests that have been put on the backburner for years now- but it seems that you all merely enjoy promising us certain things without plans of releasing it, and rubbing it in our faces. Gaia is a business, but I think you all are forgetting that with all the money people are willing to throw at your feet, you're obligated to keep the customers happy and give them what they want, in return.

A while ago, you mentioned that cheaper 99- 299 items aren't circulated in and out of the Cash shop, because users “don't like buying cheap items” - but many are feeling the pinch from the failing economy, and would like more for their money- not to mention that cheap items could still being in money for Gaia, as a business – sure, not as much as EI's, but it's better than no money at all. A number of people DO actually want cheap items (of decent quality- cheap doesn't always have to be joke items, or shoddy quality) put into the Cash shop and cycled out every 3 months or so, to be replaced with something new. Please tell me when Gaia will do something about customer satisfaction? It seems that the bigger the company gets, the less you all are concerned with listening and giving us what we really want.

To the other staff:

If you could play zOMG! As any of the Animated, which one would you be? How would you be different from the other Animated? (shiny? More HP? Weird attacks?)
The first iteration of "daily quests" was implemented with the overseer in the Aquarium, and soon the same system will be ported site wide. It's a weird situation of us getting flash programmers with quests so we had it launched in the aquarium first.

As far as low cost items goes, the consent was that there are users who wish for cheaper items, and some users who like expensive too (that's CP's interpertation, which I believe to be correct). The goal is to have a variety, and never side with just having expensive items. I'm sorry if there is the perception that we're not listening to your comments. At the same time, we're also faced with a reality where Gaia is also hit hard by the economy, and we've already shrunk our team just to keep up with anticipation of lower spending. Being greedy is a luxury that we don't have.

Lanzer
bigbirdman225
Another prom event sounds good. I loved the one from last year. heart
1. Will aquariums have other games besides Booty Grab? You know, something else tat isn't based on catching gold, but kind of like a cute little mini-game or something.
Yeah, there'll be a game that's based more on social and community aspect, but it's not a mini-game as in a single player action reflex based game. Stay tuned for more details!

pirula
Reichiru Tomoe
Uncle Haijin
How come Edmund doesn't have Johnny on his friend's list? Did they have a quarrel? Was Johnny macking on his woman? o Ao

Also, who's that random dude on Ed's friend's list? That's not a NPC. O.O
And yeah, I was wondering the same thing about the random dude on his friends list.
(people sometimes sneak their way in, but usually get removed once someone notices. Not all the NPCs are connected yet the way they should be, because they are not really standardized as to who can access each one. We are trying to squeeze in some small updates here & there, so keep checking and giving pointers! )

SimplySimone
I_Illusion
SimplySimone
STFU DX
Have you guys(or whoever it may concern)chosen a name for the"Help us name this forum"Forum? >.<
Not yet, so far we've narrowed it down to about 100 or so names, but we're working on it.
Were any of my ideals chosen ;D, or did you at least notice me and went. "Oh hey there's I_Illusion" at all? I like being noticed like that.
I cannot say, it is "the forum which shall be named." Besides there were over 2,500 posts and a team of us reviewed them.
SimplySimone
I_Illusion
I see.. Well alright ^_^, I know what I'm doing next week for AtA, we can all play Hospital =D I want to be Mr. Doktur - Proffersur Illusion! I will treat people by chopping there heads off and killing the oompa loompa's inside of them =D
??? It's a good thing I'm going to prom with Liam. You're scaring me now. LOL

Lanzer
Chastler

Dear Lanzer and Staff,

1. I know I’ve brought this up before… But now that the homepage is new, guilds are updated, and the inventory system is nice and fresh, what’s next? I mean, we have the EIs, we have the Cash Shop, we have the Aquariums, and zOMG… But whats the next big project for Gaia? I hear there may be a pet system in store? Or even a marriage system?

2. Will pink links ever be brought back?

3. Now that we are finished the stocking contest, what’s next? I think it would be cool to have one where people design fish. Or, maybe some zOMG stuff, like rings, or monsters. Have you guys ever considered that?

4. I remember a while back, you had talked about the Aquarium Rock, and why it was so expensive. You said it was an evolving item… I haven’t seen any evolution. When will there be an update about this?

5. Lanzer: I don’t know if you realized this, but you are pretty much the king of Gaia… You are the creator. You own it. Everyone looks up to you. Which makes me think: How many PMs do you get each day? Profile comments? What’s your funniest experience?

6. Have you ever considered breeding fish for aquariums? I think that might be a fun feature! Now, I know this takes away the “cash shop” aspect of it, but maybe, to make up for it, you would have to buy a certain item in the cash shop to breed with. I dunno… Just throwing out ideas XD

7. With all these new items (the MCs, the new evolving items, etc…) in the cash shop, I feel a tremendous urge to buy them. I can’t buy them from the MP, because I’m currently questing, which leaves the only option, which is Gaia Cash. Now, the closest Target/711/Wal-Mart/Rite-aid is a half an hour away. This makes it difficult to go out and buy Cash Cards. When I finally found out that you could mail your money in to you guys, I got really excited. However, I got a little concerned. If I were to send my money in the mail, what would happen afterwards? Would I get PMed? Would I receive anything back in the mail? What's that whole process?

8. Right now, the east coast is experiencing their first thunderstorm of the season. It's a tornado watch... I don't like it... gonk Just out of curiosity, do you guys enjoy thunderstorms? I know a lot of people who like to watch them, but I get nervous every time redface

Sorry for the long post… But it’s great to be back with the swing of the AtA…

Thanks!
Yeah there are a lot more that are being planned. Shopping for items will be made easier pretty soon, and the focus will switch over to community as we make forum more cool along with continued support for adding more guild features. We're thinking more about pets right now and we're also going to introduce more NPC related features!

Not pink links, but there will be more rare events site wide, and more gold being given for forum users as well as other features.

Actually we haven't talked about a monster design contest idea before. I think it would be fun!

I meant the Titan's Legacy, sorry for the confusion.

I created Gaia but only through the help of countless others did we grow to this size. I usually only get about 50 private messages a day, but the highest number was about 800 messages during an event. There are certainly funny moments, but I think I should move on to the next message. Feel free to ask the rest on the next ATA thread.

SimplySimone
Lanzer
Xavos Drakenal
Will robots make a major impact in the storyline in the future?(No need to say when, I just want to know lol )

Also, Why are you such a sexy beast?
Yes, we constantly talk about it, but usually something else pops out as the funniest idea.

Oh you have no idea. biggrin
It's all the sushi he eats. blaugh

Lanzer
x_Graff_x
Are we going to see more of jose?

Is the the faktori ever going to get an update?

What happened to active items?

What happened to the sasha update we were supposed to get during the easter event?
Yup, even though she's an underdog in terms of popularity.

Yes, first we'll need to get an update on the housing system that is actually broken...

We're going to get more regular items, don't know exactly what you meant by active items. :O
Somewhere, José and Faunzy are sitting side by side at a bar drowning their sorrows at being completely forgotten... xd

Lanzer
Darling Chibi Tenshi
My goodness~
It was REALLY REALLY WARM today huh?
I’m wondering~
How did you guys beat the heat…?
And~
I'm have you heard about the murder in CUpertino...
Nothing like that ever happen there~
gonk
Yes, we went from spring to summer over the weekend it felt like

Luckily there's air conditioning in the Gaia office, so it beats staying at home

Yes we've heard about it, one of our staff actually lived really close to the event. It's hard to imagine our own lives being at risk until the news hit close to home...

Lanzer
Katerin
A masquerade event would be awesome!
Will we ever see G-Ranger items?
Could we please see Meredith in more comics?
I'll help nag Juno again for the G Ranger items :O

Okay, I'll pass the word.

pirula
Dark Elf Pilfer
Once upon a time there was a discussion about having homes in other towns. What happened to that?

Barton is talk2hand
Yes -- the big question is when will we update homes & towns in a big way? having homes in Aekea, durem & gambino will very likely be part of that type of big update; but its probably a long ways off given the other stuff we are working on now.

Lanzer
rubyaileen
A couple of questions tonight

I know it's been mentioned a couple of times, but why can't we get new puzzles in jigs? Some of the new artist pics for the EI's would make awesome jigs.

Will we ever see any new exchange items,for flowers, paper, fish?

any possiblity of booty grab threads being put into thier own sub forum of aquriums? any real aquarium questions or discussion kind of gets lost with all the booty grabbing going on.

and lastly...any possiblity of getting a Ruby Lionback(Like seen in the shallow seas) for our aquariums?

Love the new un-named fourm.
I'll once again ask around for an update. Sorry but everyone's busy working on other flash related stuff, mostly related to zOMG right now.

Yes, everyone's got a ton of items stacked up, and we do want to release a new set of items for exchange.

Yeah we're talking about a sub-forum right now, will share more info soon.

We'll probably start with smaller fishes but yes we do have similar plans.

Sorry I'm a little slow in replying today. Hope to have more questions answered next week. Have a great week!

Eloquent Informer

37,875 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Waffles! 25
April 27th

Lanzer
Hello everyone,

Hope everyone liked the Alchemist event. It's the first time we can actually offer a good book title for Gaians to read. Well, reading's not as sexy as watching the latest anime, but there's just something I love about reading. smile

What are your favorite novels?

Panagrammic
Dlen Isolde
3. Could you please put cheap sell-back prices for items that we get flooded with in the DC and Overseer? I’m talking about items like Leviathan’s grace etc… that do not sell for gold in the shops. We get soooo many of these that they don’t sell in the market and end up clogging up our inventories. We just need a way to clear up the excess. I’m not saying you need to sell them for gold. Just let us sellback for even a small amount of gold to clean them out of our inventory.

4. Will you be able to make it possible to Arranges items in my inventory in tabs like “Equip” and not only the overly massive “ALL” tab?

I do want to mention that I am very happy to finally be able to get into my Inventory Arranger. It has been months and months since I last got in. Now with the new updates to the arranger, I’ve finally started to tidy up the mess it’s in. Though I do wish I could arrange in the “Equip” tab and not just the “All” tab. The game, house, car, aquarium, and zOMG items really slow down my efforts. I’d like to be able to arrange each of them in their own separate tabs. There are so many of them, it takes forever to get my equip items passed them and put them where I want them. It is literally taking me days and weeks to try to tidy up my inventory.
Over the next month or two you'll see improvements in both a) your ability to get rid of stuff you want, and b) the inventory arranger.

Panagrammic
Runaway Jester
Also, the poll that is in a few forums about the arena price going up, have you guys talked about how that is going to work out?
We have a tentative plan that still needs to be talked out with everyone. More info on that in a bit. (And, I should lock those threads now!)

pirula
OMGWTFMichael
For starters I was wondering why other devs and admins don't come to the AtA is it
because they don't have time or they choose not to?
mostly because its right at the end of the workday, and many people are either trying to finish up their tasks for the day or are on the road home. I am usually on the freeway at this time, so either have to leave work early to log in from home or stay a little late smile

Sagger-AT3
I dont want waffles
4: Since a lot of people have been asking for free Gaia Cash, will the Decided Issues sticky ever be updated with reasons why this would be impossible to implement?
The Decided Issues sticky is getting an overhaul... it's been a while since it was last updated, and we're working on it now (the royal we - I have very little to do with it). Site Feedback's rules and guidelines were updated first, and decided issues is definitely next on the list.

SimplySimone
Uron Teff
SimplySimone
Uron Teff
User Image

Question 2
How exactly does the community spotlight work these days. I mean I have seen several features on public threads which promote something in general like friendship etc

Will battle clans also get a chance to be featured? *cough* points at signature banner *cough*
Mostly, people submit their threads, shops, guilds, etc to us by following the format in this thread and we choose the ones we want to spotlight. We haven't spotlighted a clan yet.

Uron Teff
Question 3
Are the Admins or developers allowed to join zOMG battle clans? If yes would you join one if you (directed at all staff) are playing zOMG.
We're allowed, yes. I just play around in zOMG when I have time.
Thanks for answering SimplySimone. I take that you will now seriously consider a Clan for the next Community Spotlight. User Image
Perhaps, but I'm having a hard time figuring out which clan you're referring to though. LOL wink

Lanzer
I dont want waffles
Didn't have time to read the book. >_> Too busy playing zOMG!

1: A lot of Gaians have been wanting a music shop and a weapons shop for a while now? Is there anyone considering adding these shops to the list of NPC stores that we currently have, anytime soon?

2: Can we start getting more items of neglected colors? (specifically teal, orange, pink, purple, green, and pastels) / Will we ever see the inverse shoes, cap, top, and pants recolored in a simple black/white, in a (now long overdue) store update? / Will we be getting more plaid clothes in any shop updates, soon?

3: Will we ever get hair in more than one color again, like the Punk Streak styles?

4: Since a lot of people have been asking for free Gaia Cash, will the Decided Issues sticky ever be updated with reasons why this would be impossible to implement?

To other staff:

1: How do you feel about Jehovah's Witnesses?

2: If you were stuck on a deserted island, which NPC would you want to be stranded with, and why?
Weapon shop is getting closer, I've been bugging Juno and others for more weapons.

The current economic downturn is having an effect on our virtual stores too, hope some of them will come around to address some of your concerns.

Yup, more hair updates are scheduled. It is lacking in frequency like we used to, sorry.

We might actually be able to grant Gaia Cash on some of the upcoming event. Some of our devs are working towards it as we speak actually. There are some technical issues but nothing earth shattering.

Panagrammic
mercy_no_koibito_zutto1
2) Also, whats with the Flash enviroment? i have a decent computer (2.6ghz
quad core & 6gig ram) with all the updates, but when i view my aquarium or
home, the Flash causes my browser & PC to lag & freeze like a nutter. is
this a flash problem?

3) WHY do Game items (flowers, trash, ink, zOMG loot etc), show in the inventory arranger as locked. it would be nice if we could actually arrange them into some sort of order

4) can we please have the little "?" icon back on the new profile types as it contained the "view forum posts" link for the user...that was a good feature...or can we have it added to the dropdown menus under the avatars in the forums. it had many uses for guild captains etc as it enabled them to see what the user was like postwise, not to mention to see if they were repeat trolls etc etc
2. Your computer is too slow. Only 6g of memory?

I KID. Seriously: A change went in recently that adversely affected performance -- but as of last Thursday it was reverted back. Is Flash still slow for you?

3. I'll forward this to the dev rewriting the inventory arranger.

4. Good point. Also note that you can always search by user name in the main forum screen.

SimplySimone
x_Graff_x
Last week i asked if we were ever going to get another active item your answer was: "what's an active item?"

Seriously lanzer how could you forget this guy: User Image

Ok now that you know what an active item is cool i'll ask again....

Are we going to get more active items?
LOL, it's not that Faunzy is forgettable, it's that we don't really refer to the item as an "active item," so it's understandable why he didn't know what you were referring to. I haven't heard any plans for more "Faunzy" like items. smile Name compromise, FTW!

Sagger-AT3
Dlen Isolde
Hello, hope everyone’s having a nice day.

I have a few questions.

1. The new Aquarium Quest has not been working for many of us since it came out. Is this going to be fixed? And, if this quest doesn’t work now, will future Aquarium Quests not work for me either?

For the first 12 days, I was stuck at “Accept Quest”. Barrett wouldn’t show up for me after that no matter how many times I clicked the “Q”. Now he’s stuck on me naming the fish. For some reason he doesn’t recognize that I’ve named them. Plus the names do not stay saved. Which I guess is why he keeps telling me to name them.

2. Are you going to keep sell-back in the shops just as it is now? I hope so. Putting sellback in the inventory is ok if you want to do that. But I have to wait for the entire list to load before I can click on anything and I have 2 pages in my equip tab alone. I prefer the simple sell-back in shops where with one click of the back arrow I’m right at the items I’m most interested in selling. I like the feature as it is now in shops. Please keep it.

3. Could you please put cheap sell-back prices for items that we get flooded with in the DC and Overseer? I’m talking about items like Leviathan’s grace etc… that do not sell for gold in the shops. We get soooo many of these that they don’t sell in the market and end up clogging up our inventories. We just need a way to clear up the excess. I’m not saying you need to sell them for gold. Just let us sellback for even a small amount of gold to clean them out of our inventory.

4. Will you be able to make it possible to Arranges items in my inventory in tabs like “Equip” and not only the overly massive “ALL” tab?

I do want to mention that I am very happy to finally be able to get into my Inventory Arranger. It has been months and months since I last got in. Now with the new updates to the arranger, I’ve finally started to tidy up the mess it’s in. Though I do wish I could arrange in the “Equip” tab and not just the “All” tab. The game, house, car, aquarium, and zOMG items really slow down my efforts. I’d like to be able to arrange each of them in their own separate tabs. There are so many of them, it takes forever to get my equip items passed them and put them where I want them. It is literally taking me days and weeks to try to tidy up my inventory.

Thank you.
1. For a while there was a bug, and you couldn't save fish names. It should be fixed now (fixed earlier today), and hopefully, the quest will continue now.

3. There will be a trash option soon, and you will be able to get rid of any unwanted items. I can't commit to the exact details, but it's coming. No gold will come out of that, but at least the inventory will be free of clutter.

Lanzer
OMGWTFMichael
FIRST PAGE >: D
Woo First i would like to say HI Hope You Guys
had a good Week 3nodding and I have a few Questions I must have answered : D!
For starters I was wondering why other devs and admins don't come to the AtA is it
because they don't have time or they choose not to?
Also I was wondering if it was possible to maybe be able to add a note to when
someone try's to add you for example "I only add people i know" and stuff like that?
Well that's about all i have to say...for now that is ;D
Well I can't speak for everyone, most people are simply busy, but some are just jerks! biggrin Jokes aside, speaking "in public" isn't everyone's cup of tea, and I hope that everyone understand that there are much more of us reading than writing in the ATA also, and they show their care in writing great code or putting the extra touches in artwork.

Friendlist features are really limited right now, we're looking into a better tool to mark as favorites and what not but nothing solid just yet. Some shops and forum enhancements are next.

SimplySimone
Captain Nazzy
First, I would like to thank the team for being so dedicated. Regardless of all the whining from your users (seriously, put on a helmet when you come into SF, guys!), you all genuinely seem to care about what your users want, and I think the community has flourished for that reason. In rough times, Gaia has always been my home, and I look forward to being able to repeat that in the years to come.

OKAY MUSHY MUSH OVER. QUESTIONS NOW.

[various categories]

RE Guilds
• Any plans to add guild posts to users’ past posts? Perhaps having an option to hide posts from certain guilds (or hidden/private guilds or posts in crew-only subforums) from your post history?

• Any plans to allow users to purchase ad time to perhaps advertise their guild? I vaguely remember having ads for threads in the past.
I can take these ones:

The Guilds forums and regular forum posts are on two different systems, so there's no way to track both at this time.

We have talked about allowing users to buy ad space as we did many years ago, but this concept has not been fleshed out. There are no plans for this at the moment.

pirula
Dlen Isolde

I have a few questions.

2. Are you going to keep sell-back in the shops just as it is now? I hope so. Putting sellback in the inventory is ok if you want to do that. But I have to wait for the entire list to load before I can click on anything and I have 2 pages in my equip tab alone. I prefer the simple sell-back in shops where with one click of the back arrow I’m right at the items I’m most interested in selling. I like the feature as it is now in shops. Please keep it.

2. We are moving sell-back to inventory with the Shops update. Easy access to the Daily Chance items seems to be the main reason people like it as it is. We will look at other ways to give you that kind of shortcut, but it will probably come later after the first update.

3. We are also working on a simple 'trash' button for getting rid of items you can't sell back to shops (for 0 gold)

4. Arranger is getting its guts updated, and I'm not sure if that is part of the next update. It may be something we can add in the future; ideally I would like to be able to add arranging into the main inventory page but that is probably a long ways off.

Lanzer
SoraxthexNeko
This is my first ATA, but I was wondering,
This question is for any developer who knows the answer:
I don't come by a lot of money, so when I can get a Cash Card, it's a big thing for me. However, being that there are so many items, and not enough GC, I sometimes have to quest or have items donated to me. I was wondering if you were going to have anymore of those EI and Aquarium bundles at a low price, probably 1000 GC or so. I definantly would buy them when I had the Cash, and I think it would allow even those with not so much GC to have at least one of each EI.

Also, for Lanzer:
I am an aspiring game designer, but one thing I also wanted to do was CG video animation, but I lack a bit for inspiration, when a question hit me:
What are your plans for the arenas? I had some ideas for some submissions, but I was thinking in terms of animation, rather than houses or art. If someone created a fan-made animated video for Gaia using avatars or NPCs as characters, only in CG, what would you do?
We'd love to see any fan made animations and we always encourage Gaians to be inspired to create. We always share links or artwork to everyone when we find them.

Sagger-AT3
Panagrammic
THEgrumblesaur
Hope everyone had a great weekend!

It is speculated that overseer grants have been lowered in order to balance out all the gold being given out via booty grab. Personally, I'd rather the booty grab gold granting be lowered and the overseer grants go back up a little. It there any chance of seeing any balance between the two?

Also, I'd really love to see a crab for the aquarium. ninja
Sagger-AT3 is watching aquarium grants like a hawk, asking for tweaks in payouts as we go. This is definitely being looked at actively.
ninja Ninja Hawk! ninja
SimplySimone
Dlen Isolde
I don't know why the overseer is granting so low suddenly. I mean I've gotten as low as only 111g lately. But if it's because of Booty Grab, this isn't fair for me. I love Booty Grab. But it lags horribly for me when there are more than 3 creatures dropping coins. I average between 50 something and less than 200g. Never, ever have I reached 300g.

Look at this screen shot. Several mermaids and turtle. A tank FULL of coins that never reached me. The game saved with me only having caught 25g.

User Image
Wow, that's a pretty cool screenshot! When I complained about lag to CP2, he suggested minimizing every open window except for Booty Grab in order to help with lagginess. It also helps if you don't have a bunch of stuff running on your computer when you play. The team continues to work on lag issues -- it gets better and better.

Lanzer
Dlen Isolde

I have a few questions.

1. The new Aquarium Quest has not been working for many of us since it came out. Is this going to be fixed? And, if this quest doesn’t work now, will future Aquarium Quests not work for me either?

For the first 12 days, I was stuck at “Accept Quest”. Barrett wouldn’t show up for me after that no matter how many times I clicked the “Q”. Now he’s stuck on me naming the fish. For some reason he doesn’t recognize that I’ve named them. Plus the names do not stay saved. Which I guess is why he keeps telling me to name them.

Thank you.
Hmm, I'm not familiar with the problem, I'll ask the developers. Chances are they're already working on fixing it.

Unfortunately sell back is going to be an inventory based feature from now on, but we're planning to have the ability to choose which store to sell your item off to.

The selling and arranging issues are also going to be resolved. We got a really cool interface but it still need to be worked on. Meanwhile, please stick with the item arranger. The new interface do take a lot of time to build so we're making time to build it at a later date.

pirula
Silent Sketchiest
Im thankful for all the current ei artists but I also enjoy collaborations . So with that being said would the ei artists ever consider coming together and doing a collab ei? Like one artist one week and another the next and so on. I think itd be instresting.
y'know, I have head them talking about that type of idea. I am not an artist, so I don't know if anything is planned, but especially if people take vacation or get sick you may see a 'special guest artist' evolution or pose. I think what you're asking about is even a step beyond that, like the campfire game where everyone has to say the next sentance to make up a story....that would be craaazY! in a cool way smile

Lanzer
Uron Teff
User Image

Question 1
The department which is working on GIM (Gaia Instant Messenger) what is their current priorities list for either updates or bug fixes. I must ask because since the launch of zOMG the "Clan Chat" game feature which runs from GIM is always experiencing strange bugs the most common are chat lag or no functionality to users.

When can we see better performance from GIM?

Question 2
How exactly does the community spotlight work these days. I mean I have seen several features on public threads which promote something in general like friendship etc

Will battle clans also get a chance to be featured? *cough* points at signature banner *cough*

Question 3
Are the Admins or developers allowed to join zOMG battle clans? If yes would you join one if you (directed at all staff) are playing zOMG.
GIM is a feature that had been facing challenge since day one. We're still working out bugs and be sure that we haven't forgotten about it.

Currently community spotlights are managed from some of the admins and many of them came nominated from the thread asking for interesting threads or events. So clans could potentially be featured too.

We can, though I don't play often enough right now..

Panagrammic
KaylaGalela
I was wondering something about Feeds. Why are they so spotty? Lots of times someone will post a new journal entry in a journal I'm watching, but feeds doesn't tell me about until a day or two later. I know there are setting in the preferences, but they are rather confusing, not to mention I've never noticed any changes in the feeds I get when I alter them. Why doesn't it just ask me what feeds I want to get, and then give them to me?
The feeds aren't deterministic; the journal updates that you get in them is dependent on what else is going on, both in your feeds and in the entire web site.

Lanzer
gamegeek904
Why hallo ther!
This is my first AtA. biggrin
That book was an event? O.o

These questions have been buggin me. And I know they aren’t terribably important.

Where did Ian’s Trial forum go? Will it come back somewhere on the site. It’s not in the memorable threads where the other event forums are.
Are you ever going to fix the broken pictures in Gambino’s journal?
I know most people don’t care but is the Deluxe boquets ever going to be fixed? Some poses currently layer behind the avatar.
Will the loser shops disappear if the fail to reach the goal?
Can we get moar pokemonz?

Oh, and can I come visit the Headquarters sometime seeing as I go to school in Santa Cruz? Do you ever come down here? And what's that Great America theme park like up there?
The book wasn't exactly an event, though you know what I mean. smile

I didn't know where the thread went neither. Though nothing is really deleted in the forums. We should be able to get it back

Yes, we're working on them one by one

Well it's too early for me to tell what's going to happen after the event, so please stay tuned. wink

Lanzer
x_Graff_x
Last week i asked if we were ever going to get another active item your answer was: "what's an active item?"

Seriously lanzer how could you forget this guy: User Image

Ok now that you know what an active item is cool i'll ask again....

Are we going to get more active items?
Yikes, Faunzy's Flute was quite an item. Many items that we had released since then were like different versions of an active item, most work differently and have better prizes than Faunzy's Flute. I don't think we wanted to do something identical, because Faunzy's Flute did have some problems in terms of how it was programmed to work. Other items (with other crazy names) are being worked on instead.

SimplySimone
pirula
SimplySimone
Platonix
SoraxthexNeko
Hoow does the Gaia staff feel about this Swine Flu business? How does everyone, actually?
I'm fairly sure it'll have exactly as much impact on my life as the Bird Flu and SARS did.

Namely, none whatsoever.
Yep, that pretty much sums it up for me. Thanks Platonix! I do feel horrible for those who have been affected by it though. That's tragic!
really? I think its creepier, it seems closer to home for some reason (maybe because it is!) I admit, I am kinda paranoid about end-of-the-world-as-we-know-it scenarios.
Hmmm...that reminds me of a fortune I got from a fortune cookie not too long ago: "Don't worry about the world coming to an end. It's already tomorrow in Australia." <-- Sorry, not meant to offend anyone who lives in Australia, but that's what it said!

Lanzer
Crepu-Jewel
Hey Gaia Crew.
How was everyone's weekend? Are you guys ready for summer?
Anyway done to buisness.

1. Will there ever be a darker skin for vampires?
2. Has the titan's legacy actually finished evolving?
3. When will the next event start?
4. Will gaia ever have jobs?
5. When will zomg move out of beta?
6. Will there ever be a legit manga based off of gaia?
Not for the time being, sorry.

Not yet

We're planning for a dance in May.

Kind of, we do want to build a reasonable achievement system, but not exactly like the RPG job system just yet.

Hopefully after we fixed the performance issue, in a month or two? Have to ask Qixter.

Probably not, our manga are so whacky and one-off. We're not serious enough. biggrin

Lanzer
Captain Nazzy
First, I would like to thank the team for being so dedicated. Regardless of all the whining from your users (seriously, put on a helmet when you come into SF, guys!), you all genuinely seem to care about what your users want, and I think the community has flourished for that reason. In rough times, Gaia has always been my home, and I look forward to being able to repeat that in the years to come.

OKAY MUSHY MUSH OVER. QUESTIONS NOW.

RE Towns & Homes
• Will there ever be a way to “reserve” neighborhoods on Towns so that friends can group their homes together again? I would pay cash for the privilege to have 24 hours to have several friends place their homes near mine. gonk heart

• Will there be any cash shop house items in the future? (I hope so!)

• Any plans to allow users to expand their houses even further?

RE Guilds
• Any plans to add guild posts to users’ past posts? Perhaps having an option to hide posts from certain guilds (or hidden/private guilds or posts in crew-only subforums) from your post history?

• Any plans to allow users to purchase ad time to perhaps advertise their guild? I vaguely remember having ads for threads in the past.

RE Items
• CLIPBOARDS. Please, please, give me some clipboards. gonk You know I love you, artists. Love me back.

• I desperately hope there are some ideas for some new Harry Potter themed items (knock-offs, I should say.) If you dumped a bunch in the Cash Shop around the sixth movie’s release (this July) for a range of prices, I can almost guarantee users will suck them up like pixie sticks.
Thanks! Hearing your feedback is great.

Yeah we're not happy with the way Towns is right now. We do want to re-do a way that will be more focused towards letting friends build their own virtual neighborhood, and getting rid of inactive areas and houses.

No, not until we fix housing. The number of important things to fix is quite high. Housing is right up there.

Yeah we're moving the Guild system to support history and subscriptions. It's a long term project that will come later, after some basic enhancements to forums.

SimplySimone
Trenchancy
8D I'm so glad that I caught any staff at all.
Okay questions for many people. ( Most likely Developers or Lanzer )

1. Do you guys in any way feel that you should credit the Artists of the evolving items at each announcement? Possibly allow them to make a signature or mark that states they worked hard on that item?
Not all Artists like to publicly announce which items they create and we respect that. For those who do, we will be featuring "staff interviews" which will start with Artists in the new forum (which will be named on Friday).
Trenchancy
2. For report duration ( the rule of no longer than 6 months late ), do you think that this could be extended by any chance? It is quite difficult for users to get back to their accounts if they have taken a small hiatus and did not realize that a hacker has intruded their account.
Oftentimes, we don't have enough data to track beyond 6 months. It's best to keep in touch with your account and report as soon as something seems off.
Trenchancy
3. About the moderator applications. I believe that most/all moderators do not realize how fortunate they are to have the right to move posts, investigate, and help out a site like Gaia Online. I'm fourteen, but I believe that I have seen many sites with Moderators as young as twelve years old. Your FAQ on the applications states that there is no way to legally accept one as a moderator. Why does moderation have to have a legal factor to it? Couldn't you just declare people as moderators and move on? >_<; I myself have been wanting to be a moderator of this site ever since I joined and I have quite a long time to wait.
Moderators have to be 18 years old because some of the violations are pretty inappropriate, so it's safer for everyone if Mods are of legal age.

pirula
Lucky Koi
'Ello everyone~!

This can be answered by whomever; I noticed in the Gaia events section of 'The forum that must not be named' has a post regaurding the SOS event.
Quote:
Last Day for the S.O.S. mini-event

The S.O.S mini-event will be ending Wednesday 4/29 before noon (Pacific Time). The top donators for each shop and anyone who has donated at least 1 million gold to a shop will get a special thank you from the NPCs once the event is over.

As for the shops that don't make it....well, they may or may not be around on Thursday....
Does the line have to be so soon? I'll probably only earn only about half a mill by then, and thats if I sell just about everything I have. Also, is the thankyou going to be some 'SUPER SPECIAL ITEM' that will be abused and AI'ed to high heaven do to its cost being at least 1mil? Please tell me your not going to be making the event completly pointless by doing that? sweatdrop

--

In anycase, I would just like to give out a special Thank You! to Lanzer for the Sushi Error~ Really, out of all the Package items, I think I like it best. I would have loved to have had a few more poses with it though, like being able to wear the wasabi like a hat/ place it on your sushi. >3>

I want to go butterfly some shrimp now. xD
we are not going to make the event completely pointless by giving out the ultimate insanely rare surprise item of everyone's dreams. happy? smile

Its intended to be more of a nice gesture to those who were most generous, especially because competition for some of the top donor spots is pretty tough, and second place doesn't get recognized on the page.

Lanzer
Runaway Jester
I still need to download The book. sweatdrop

My questions:
Who is the artist to the new Journal EI?

How do we get a thread in the memorials? That forum hasn't updated in awhile, I think it's time to have new threads up for the memories. heart

Also, the poll that is in a few forums about the arena price going up, have you guys talked about how that is going to work out?

EDIT: I remembered a question!
Will you guys ever have a feature that will let us just sell back trash, bugs, flowers, etc back to the store, or from the inventory arranger itself? Or at least a new storage for those items? I'm OCD when it comes from my inventory, and seeing all that junk at the bottom annoys the crap out of me. D: (And having a big inventory makes it take awhile to sort that out. )

I had two other questions, but I can't remember what they were. gonk
I'll edit this if I remember. 3nodding
I can't answer questions one since I don't know, but for memorials we haven't been doing a good job in managing. Almost felt like we've been pushing more activity based events than story based events in forums for some time now.

Yes, the consensus for now is that there won't be a prize increase, we think that there should be good ways for better programming algorithms to address quality issues in the arenas. There are ideas towards a new arena, but that's also being debated.

Item sell back issue is still being looked at. Sorry for the delay.

Have a great week everyone, see you next week!
blazendevil2
I was here...
Hello I am wondering if there is anyway to make an alliance with www.runescape.com and if Lanzer could pm me that would be awesome.
And you were, too...

That whould be cool

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas