Welcome to Gaia! ::

I have much respect for you ... this was a very nice thing your doing!
Thankyou for you efforts, it was very informative. I just read up again about the Grunny Plushie question. It's effect on me is on a par with Sonic being revealed in Super Smash Bros. Brawl...

Eloquent Informer

37,875 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Balance Begets Creation 500
  • Waffles! 25
October 15th

Today we had a rare treat: The Ask The Admin topic was graced by the presence of developer Ling! This session also includes not one, but two exciting pieces of news regarding the future of Ask The Admin!
...oh, and Cid High-Wind really, really, really wants people to know that Lanzer finally has a fanthread.

Lanzer
Wolfram Lee Ysud
Sorry if I'm early.

Just wanted to show one interpretation of the Garlic plush and see if any devs like the idea.
Lucca Ashtear
Here are two edits, one showing the three possible positions for the plush (I couldn't think of any more due to the lack of limbs) and the other showing my idea for how Garlic Breath should look.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
These are very nice!

After the release of battle, we'll see which monster will rise to the top as the most popular monster who will claim spots in the Gaia merchandise store. wink

-Derek

Lanzer
Sila-chan
Hey Lanzer? Could you guys consider doing one of these threads on friday nights/weekends as well? A lot of gaians are still in school and have bedtimes to abide by, or are at school when these threads are made (esp. east coasters like me) and I'm sure a lot of us would love to ask questions. X3; Doesn't have to be in the evenings either. o:
Sure, I'll mix things up a bit, and start a thread this Friday or the next one. wink

Lanzer
bsbartgurl
Are we gonna get more cat bands eventually? (Would love cat bands in all colors)

So any chance that eventually there'll be nice long quests for the quest system? And older MCs as prices for those nice long quests?

So will we get a battle system before halloween?

When will we get another tsubasa quest?

Love the new cat items btw too bad i'm questing or i'd buy even more store items for my avi.
We haven't had that planned, though we'll definitely keep that in mind.

Battle system is facing a bit of a re-write on the back end, so it's not likely...

No tsubasa quest are planned as of right now.

Lanzer
Television Head
Lanzer, did you know all rite aids are not owned by rite aids? mine is owned by some other pharmacy and deosnt carry cash cards.

Why don't you send them to Walmart?
The most famous place ever ya'know.
It seems like many Riteaids don't know what to do with gamecards yet. eek

It would be great to have cards in Walmart too, but it's actually a very long and hard process to go through to pitch to the company so that they would accept Gaia cards to be carried in their stores. ToT It took us half a year to get cards in Target.

Lanzer
The Peanut Smuggler
OH

And will the vampire skins this year (if we do get them) be scary or sexy?

OR BOTH?

surprised
Maybe both :O

Ling
TheOneAngle
This question anyone can answer.

What was the first video game you ever played?
Well we were get a Transformer quest? sweatdrop
I think the first video game I ever played was Super Mario Land on Gameboy, that is, if you don't count educational stuff like Oregon Trail and Midnight Rescue!

A Transformers quest would be awesome, but I don't think there's going to be one in the near future. sweatdrop

Ling
The Peanut Smuggler
@Ling: exclaim A WILD DEVELOPER APPEARS!

GO! POKEBALL!

Do j00 have any pranks planned for any of the workers at Gaia HQ come Halloween?

And can you tell Lanzer to dress up for halloween/ use cap locks? x"D
*wiggles out of pokeball*

I have heard rumors of a couple people planning pranks, but nothing for sure. We are decorating our work areas for a Halloween contest - deadline is Friday! My team will win, of course. twisted

I will see what I can do on getting Lanzer to dress his avatar up!

Cube B - thanks! I'm happy so many people responded with tips on enhancing the outfit!

Ling
Sprite
Oregon Trail = so much win.

I can't remember the first educational game I played. I just know it was on some massive computer that only had like 5 colors or something. mad d ;;;

Are there going to be quests that aren't based on a movie or anime in the future?
We would love to have more quests for broader interests! Not everyone wears the same size shoe, so we want to make sure there's sizes for everyone, so to speak. smile

Lanzer
Cid High-Wind
Platonix
Fortenra Askasa
Lanzer, isn't $25 a little much? D:
A little much for what?

Too many people seem unaware of the fact that Kaya comes free with the purchase of a $25 Gaia Cash Card. In other words, spending $25 gets you Kaya and 2,500 Gaia Cash.
Yeah, but a lot of people just see that as a ploy to get people to spend more money on Gaia.

Sure, you get the cash, but you get a rare item you can't find anywhere else. It's the same as with MC's...except, there you just get an MC.
The 2500 Gaia card has a bonus, so it's essentially "if you get 10 MC's, you get a bonus".

Regarding the other point of view about it being a ploy, a long time ago, MC's used to be called Donation Items. Many would donate just for the sake of keeping Gaia running, and we always wish to thank those users who give more. I kind of look at it as that.

Though at the same time, please note that Gaia IS trying to make money. If Gaia can't make money, then we really won't be able to pay for all the development cost and wouldn't be able to release half the features that's on Gaia today. Even this very day, the sale from selling MC is not enough to cover the cost of our servers and development costs. eek

Lanzer
Losaru Taiyo
Okay 3 questions:

1. Why (except for now) do you never change your avatar?

2. Is there any plan of killing off Louie? cry

3. How many in the office like Sushi?
I've been too busy! eek I have 130k gold now but still don't have the chance to spend them.

Louie? He's sexy isn't he? biggrin

Apparently Sushi is either a love or hate thing. People like me definitely love sushi though. smile

Ling
Cristaly
Hi anyone answering questions!

First: Lanzer comment my profile saying you luv me? JK.

Second: (stupid question >< just to get something through(
I've kind of noticed it's easy for new members to get lost, with all the new features and large size of the site. The newbie quest doesn't help much.
Plan on making an easier way to help newbies get around?

Third: Where is Gaia Cash going next? (*rush*rush* XD) There's no Targets or Rite-Aids where in Puerto Rico T___T it makes me sad.

Fourth: What other ideas do you have for contests?

AND Finally:
Will any other Item Contest entries that didn't make it to the finals be made into items?
I'm sure there were great items our Avies would love to strut.
Making good UI is a never-ending task, so we will definitely keep working towards making Gaia easier to understand and get around for new and old members alike.

We would like Gaia Cash to be more readily available in other areas, but it's pretty hard since we're a U.S.-based company, and even then not every American state/territory has every retail branch, but we will definitely make efforts toward making Gaia Cash cards available in more places.

Can't really answer your other two questions, sorry!

crazy spork i am
Shuber
Hello Lanzer and Devs!

This question is directed towards anyone:

What is your favourite Gaia item?
i like anything bunny related, heh :3

Ling
ain3
Will Gaia ever come to Texas?
Even if it's more of the popular cities?
We are comin' to Texas!
http://www.gaiaonline.com/conventions/?con=kiki

crazy spork i am
[.The.Flying.Potato.]
Also, a quick question - Which is your favorite; Coco, Kiki, or Kaya? :3 Personally, I like Coco, although Kaya's startin' to grow on me! <3

Edit: Also, you might be happy to know that as soon as my local Targets get the Gaia Cards, I plan to buy them. I'll actually be able to donate, and that makes me happy! As someone sans credit card, I now get to collect the MC items I want! <3 Yay!
hearing this makes me happy, hehe. i dunno, designing and rendering kaya it was a kind of intimidating project to do.

Lanzer
BlueFrozenFire
Hi Lanzer~

Did you have imaginary friends when you were little? :'D
My imaginary world has a whole school of people, and giant robots to ride. biggrin I forgot where those guys went. smile

Lanzer
Veliofi
Hi! :3

I was wondering how exactly the new Gaia Cash card item is supposed to be written?

Kaia the Cat? Kaya the Cat? Kaia the Tiger? Kaya the Tiger?

I just wanted to know, because I've seen it being written in different ways and it's been confusing me. @w@
Kaya was originally a baby tiger somewhere a long the line Kaya is now a cat. I'm still trying to figure it out. XD

crazy spork i am
Purple Hair Spray
^^

What are your thoughts on the new automatic Art Arena system?
i haven't heard much from this end about it. sounds pretty interesting, although i've yet to try it out. i remember uploading some of my work some years ago and having to wait patiently for it to get accepted. i think i posted my zodiac girls set and a couple of them got rejected, heh.

crazy spork i am
TheOneAngle
This question anyone can answer.

What was the first video game you ever played?
Well we were get a Transformer quest? sweatdrop
i think it was the legend of zelda along with super mario bros. and duck hunt. my dad bought an nes when they first came out and that was those were the first video games i ever played and watch. i remember feeling scared whenever my dad would play legend of zelda and he would be down in the dungeons...the music creeped me out :/

Ling
xX.Terror.of.Death.Xx
xX.Terror.of.Death.Xx
I've got a few questions for you Mister Lanzer.

1. I was wondering about if there could be anymore poses added to the Grunny MC especially the top of the head unlike the Level 3 Grombie and possibly just one sitting in front of the user?

2. Did you go see the Transformers movie? If so what did you think about it?

3. Can you give us a clue how the Halloween Event will work this year?

4. What is the estimated date for the quest system to be 100% complete in order to have more difficult quests?

5. Would Friday be a good day to check Target for the new Cash Cards

Thank you <3
Ling! Care to answer any of these questions? :3
1. This is a tough question to answer. I'm not really the expert on this, but a head position was probably spared out of respect for Grombies?

2. TRANSFORMERS ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't wait for the DVD release. L0cke thinks it's bizarre that I like the movie so much since I was never too big into the cartoon.

3. Nope!

4. If there's anything I've learned working for Gaia, it's to never give a release date because of Murphy's law. Sorry. :<

5. Any day after this coming Saturday will be your best bet on getting the cards as Target's told us some stores may stock up to 5 days past the official release date. It's a good idea to call your local store in advance too.

Ling
Oochiyama
Ooh! Oochiyama has a question for Miss Ling.

I noticed that the main founders of Gaia seem to be Lanzer, L0cke and VO. But...you were an early part of the staff too, correct?

When did you join the Gaia staff? Are you one of it's founding members?

You're so nice Ling. I saw you in the Gaia Documentary, and thought

"Wow! She's so nice!"

i think I might be a fan. redface
I've been helping Gaia since pretty much the beginning, though definitely not as much as Lanzer, L0cke, and VO. XD

Lanzer
Ramshackled-Lamb
Hello Lanzer,
Will there ever be a GAINAX quest?
I think that'd be a GREAT quest to put out c':
I'm a fan of most Gainax series, from Gunbuster, Nadia, Eva, Karekano, to the recent stuff like Furikuri and GurenRagann. Though Gainax and ADV had never contacted us...

Lanzer
z-bandit
I got a few

I heard rumors of a guild "re write" is this true?

Did Gaia HQ know about the leakage of MC's before they came out? I'm sure they did

And do you guys plan on releasing other items with Gaia cash cards in the future?
Yes, there will be a guild re-write, with more features and hopefully, ways to spend the gold sitting in Guild accounts. wink

We fixed the bug that lead to the leak last week, though it wasn't going to really hurt things so we didn't do much beyond that.

Not for now, we're keeping with $10 and $25 price points for Gaia Cards.

Lanzer
VII Luna Diviner
VII Luna Diviner
Have the items like the eye contacts, golden headphones, angelic rod ever existed?
also are you visiting towns today?
Sorry I was attending a meeting at the same time. I'll show up in towns the next time around. :O

Lanzer
Matriss Mana
Hey, Lanzer.

Could you hug Juno and her team for me next time you see them, please? surprised

Also, would it be possible for someone over there to find the time to write up a short "International Trade and Copyright Laws for Dummies" type announcement/sticky? It doesn't even have to be super-detailed just a "this is why we can't do this (yet?)" thing. Because you guys get more flak than you need from people outside the US who just think you're making things US-exclusive for the sake of being US-exclusive.
Good point. I'll put something together for everyone to see.

Lanzer
Annyx Phantom
Hey Lanzer what do you think of people forming clans for the battle system?
Battle system should allow forming of groups/friends, though emphasis would not be PVP at the beginning. :O Hope that's all right.

Lanzer
Tidus Guado
Lanzer, I have to say that the Grunny is the best thing since Sliced Beer and Canned Bread.

Now fer the questions.
1). When are we going to get new towns, not the flash game, but a town like Durem?
2). What are some possible stores that will have Cash Cards?
3). Do you have any plans should a crowd of Gaians try to raid Gaia HQ?
We're in a very unfortunate situation where we're barely keeping up with the release of items and new features such as battle. No new towns are planned yet, instead, we're going to expand on Barton.

Target should all have them. I'll find out the SKU number ASAP to help people locate the cards at Target.

Hide. biggrin

Lanzer
bsbartgurl
ooo i got my questions answered

I just thought of another one. How far in advance is the plot made up? Have the background stories of the npcs been decided when the plot started?
Only the initial characters, though everything you see are usually planned out many months before.

Lanzer
The Peanut Smuggler
LANZER:

I THINK J00 SHOULD GET SOME HELP ANSWERING QUESTIONS IN THIS THREAD.

It's only fair x"D You shouldn't have to do it all by yourself.
Been trying to organize something bigger, but keep getting side tracked. Soon the "ask the admins thread" will have much more than just a few of us here biggrin

Lanzer
Zeath Xio
Hey Lanzer.
I have a random question.
mad p

I was on Maple Story a few days ago and I discovered something-

User Image

Just a coincidence?
I think so.

surprised
That's so funny. biggrin We receive suggestions from Gaia members as well as everyone in the office. Maybe someone who made the suggestion is a MS fan. smile Lucky Nexon don't have copyright over watermelon. biggrin

Gotta run, have a great week everyone!

Eloquent Informer

37,875 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Waffles! 25
I'm bumping this back up as a reminder that Lanzer said there'd be another Ask The Admin today! That's right, on a Friday! Sadly, I won't be online when it happens; I'll be rather busy elsewhere. Enjoy!

Persistent Hunter

21,575 Points
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Galactic Domination 200
  • Who's The Boss Now? 300
Ironically, several other places created a watermelon hat soon after that occurred. There's one in Dragonfable, and so on. It was creepy.

Anyway, keep up the good work compiling this stuff, and.....heads up, you double listed the post by Split_Personality in the October 8th section. Just lettin ya know.

Eloquent Informer

37,875 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Waffles! 25
oddguy
Anyway, keep up the good work compiling this stuff, and.....heads up, you double listed the post by Split_Personality in the October 8th section. Just lettin ya know.

/goes back and checks/ Ah, yes. I listed that post twice because it was answered twice; first by Crazy Spork, and then by Lanzer. Had Lanzer replied to Crazy Spork's answer with his own, as sometimes happens when multiple admins answer the same question, I wouldn't have had to list the original question twice. I appreciate your thoughtfulness, though.

Persistent Hunter

21,575 Points
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Galactic Domination 200
  • Who's The Boss Now? 300
There was no questions thread today. Sigh.

Cat

great thread, thanks! i don't have the patience to sort through all the ask the admin threads myself, so it's quite a treat to find louie's pictures here. damn, he's hot!
Helloooo!!

Eloquent Informer

37,875 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Waffles! 25
oddguy
There was no questions thread today. Sigh.

Erm, yeah...my bad... redface
I forgot that what he really said was "this Friday or the next one". So there could have been one, but it wasn't really a guarantee. Next week for sure, then.
You sir are brilliant!

Eloquent Informer

37,875 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Waffles! 25
October 22nd

Lanzer"
Purple Hair Spray
What is your favorite room in the house?
Favorite childhood game?

I still haven't picked out an irl costume yet. >.>
Kitchen! biggrin

Childhood games? Does spending hours and hours with Lego count? biggrin

crazy spork i am
Cid High-Wind
Also, I have a question for Crazy Spork I am if she shows today.

Spork, did you get the idea for the name Kaya from the TV show "Kaya"? Or is it a play off developer kaia9's name? xp
most likely a spin-off from kaia9. i wasn't around when they came up with the name...i didn't have a tentative name when i was conceptualizing and just named it 'kittii.'

Lanzer
Losaru Taiyo
1. Are the NPCs going to be dressed up as usual in the shops?

2. Is anyone dressing up at the office?

3. Loves the header.

4. Has anyone Toilet papered a cubicle yet? xd
Yes!

Yup, we'll have photos soon :O

Thanks!

We have tin foiled cubicle, but no toilet papered. biggrin

crazy spork i am
Purple Hair Spray
crazy spork i am
Purple Hair Spray
Why is it that developers go "OMG! There is this awesome thing coming out! ...but I can't say more than that. razz "

I don't mind the joy but like.. the curiosity is such a kill.
surprises are always good. i mean, it'd be a bust if a game company totally spoiled the plot and everything for their fanbase right after they release their game, y'know? or like crazy harry potter spoilers right after the book came out...it's not fun for some people when they already know what happens without having the chance to experience it.

it'd be a total killjoy for us too, to reveal what happens before people get a chance to experience it. all the work without letting the users figure it out :3
I don't mind the surprises. ^^; It's just for awhile most of the journals I read had that statement and yeah.

I liked the surprise headers and such. And really.. I don't think I want to be given the information before hand. I just get curious very easily. XD So, when people get really excited I have to know why. But I'm trying to wait without getting into trouble. XDDD
trust me, i know a few of us are eager to share the things we do. i think a few of us have a hard time answering questions because we don't want to reveal anything but at the same time having an answer or reply to someone that's helpful and informative.

crazy spork i am
Hylarn
Is the Battle System website ever going to launch?
yes. :3

crazy spork i am
Dragon Ladysupreme
@ Sporkie
Like the gift from The Imp Hatter? heart Seriously, he jumped up in joy when you posted your thanks. (He's such a dork.)
i'm wearing the stars right now~! :3

crazy spork i am
TurtleJen
Lanzer and everyone else,

1. Are you going to dress up your avatars for halloween?!

2. What are ya'll going to dress up as in real life?

3. Why did I dream I was going to work at Gaia HQ? xd

4. Do you have any pets? If so what are they and their names?

Lanzer, I think you should have a Grunny on your avatar for halloween. ^^

(I'm going to be the Gold Power Ranger on here for halloween (Or an Elftech). ^^ IRL I'll probably wear my sister's fairy wings at the door.)
i think i'll have my avatar match whatever kirby is wearing, heh.

as for actually dressing up...i dunno. normally i like enhancing the clothes i've already got, especially leaning towards the more gothic lolita look. there's been talk between kirbyufo, fulltimefailure, your-father's-belt, and myself in maybe dressing up as the different classes in team fortress 2 since we're so into that game right now, hehehe.

dreams are crazy. well...with the exception of mine because they're always pretty boring.

kirby and i own a couple of roborovski hamsters. their names are ebi-chicki and ebichu :3

Lanzer
Cresandra
Hi you guys, I was wondering.
Is Kaya the Cat only for a limited time? And will other items be given out by purchasing cash cards in the future?

And yes, I do have my costume ready! Can't wait for this year's Gaiaween. 3nodding
Kaya the Cat is not a promotion only item and no other items are planned. There might be a change in the future, assuming that everyone had gotten Kaya and would like something else. That's quite far down the road though.

Lanzer
Platonix
Fortenra Askasa
HI LANZER!

Why is Lanzer named Lanzer?
He's said before that he just randomly chose something beginning with the letter L.
Yup, my name starts with L and so I sat down in front of a dictionary and looked through all the L words. biggrin That was 20 years ago. :O

pepper-tea
Purple Hair Spray
pepper-tea
Hello everyone! I'm late T-T
I'm sort of useless at answering questions, but I was lurking and felt bad for not saying hi smile
Aw. You're not useless. D:

And Hi. ^^

Favorite Gaia feature?
Hmm... do shops count? I like spending gold xd

pepper-tea
Rage Against the Couch
pepper-tea
Tai Naito
pepper-tea
Tai Naito
Hi Pepper, how are you?
I'm fine! I'm really looking forward to the Halloween event smile
Is it gonna be super awesome fantastically ultimate to the max?
Haha! I'm too busy working on battle to be able to help with the event, but from what I have seen so far, I believe it will definitely be... "super awesome fantastically ultimate to the max"

Everyone is really working hard to make it great!
Can you tell us anything about battle? How it's going, etc. Anything?! gonk
Sorry, battle is still top-secret ninja

kirbyUFO
crazy spork i am
Cube B
crazy spork i am
Cube B
crazy spork i am
Cube B
crazy spork i am
Cube B
crazy spork i am
Cube B
*glomp* Hi Sporky!
'lo theres! :3
How are you?
feeling alright. there's a bit of pressure to make a couple of deadlines but hopefully we'll manage :3

i've been playing team fortress 2 with a few of my friends/co-workers during the weekend, fun stuff. kirby also bought me a guitar so i've been practicing whenever i get the chance, hehehe.
Ooh, I've always wanted to learn how to play guitar. XD
I'm bad at playing instruments.
i've never been really proficient at playing any musical instruments. i don't think i'm very musically inclined, hehehe.
It's always fun to learn though. XD
I'd like it.
it is fun to learn :3 i want to get better so i can collab with kirby in music.
Well I can't wait to here the Spork/Kirby number 1 summer jam! 3nodding
actually right now there's a mix in development! it's been an ongoing tradition between us that's grown to include some of the music that our friends like. back when we were first going out we wanted to have a culmination of songs that we liked and mash them all together. so far there's been two mixes out and the third one is almost near completion, hehehe. not really a summer jam but i love listening to the mixes because it's a way that we can share each others tastes in music :3
here are the first two completed mixes if you're interested, though i think my new one really blows the pants off of the old ones :b

:: bleemix 2

here's a cd cover/insert that sporkii designed for the second one, with track listing :3
http://s230.photobucket.com/albums/ee108/crazy_spork_i_am/misc/?action=view&current=bleemix2_web.jpg

and the first one, *yawn* for old times sake

:: bleemix 1

i think both are around 100mb, so be ready for a hefty download =)

Lanzer
Hana Maehata
I have just a QUICK question: Will the item, Freddy Claws, ever be released? Or ANY leaked items, for that matter? Inquiring minds need to know!

Also-why is everyone like, 'omg the headquarters is a secret ^_^' when the postage address is on the Going Postal page?
I know that re-releasing the older monthly collectibles will raise a lot of concerns, so similarly, we have no plans for re-releasing older event items. Though that can change if that's what everyone wants. :O

Gaia HQ's address is a secret, so the address we have is a postal box. Though we'll be posting more and more pictures and stuff from within the Gaia HQ. wink

crazy spork i am
BlackRavenWyrd
crazy spork i am
BlackRavenWyrd
crazy spork i am
BlackRavenWyrd
One more thing, have you catched any clips of that new live action Cutie Honey series? what do YOU all think about it?
i saw the live action movie and i thought it was great, hehehe. i loved the anime although i didn't see very many episodes...i was in high school and buying all those vhs tapes were very expensive for someone who had no income!
Yeah well this is my first real experience with the wonderful world of Go Nagai and this LA TV series is, like its version of Honey, very very GENKI x3
hehehe now you've got me all curious into wanting to watch those episodes!
Fansubs are being done by Sailor Spork group who does pretty much all the Cutie Honey past and present. I'd post the link here but I think that'd be in bad taste. ;3
oho ho! sailor spork group! i'm liking the name already wink

crazy spork i am
TurtleJen
crazy spork i am
TurtleJen
Also:

Do any of you know any foreign languages? ninja
the only one i kinda know is tagalog. i can't really speak it but i can understand some...especially back when i used to live at home and got into all sorts of trouble and i'd get yelled at in tagalog, hehehe.

i used to study french in high school, but i've forgotten most (if not all) of it now :/
I've been trying to learn Hebrew, but that hasn't gone anywhere for a while. ninja

Tagalog sounds like an interesting language. 3nodding
hebrew sounds mighty interesting :3 is it difficult to learn?

Lanzer
Cory Ander
Hello Lanzer, how has you day been?

I was just wondering if you ever thing of the sociological aspects of Gaia? I mean gaia has become a subculture in itself and I was wondering what you think of that.
Been very busy, still in a meeting as we speak! October is a busy month!

I always thought that Gaia attracts the crowd that is naturally creative and prolific, so it's only a matter of time where we recognize each other. wink

Lanzer
Wolfram Lee Ysud
Lanzer - i don't know if this was addressed, but i believe someone stated you confused the SKU numbers for those cards ... with their UPC codes. Double-check on the numbers and edit the announcement.

The person who states YOU or whoever controlled Admin messed up
http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/gaia-community-discussion/eh-i-work-at-target-and-i-think-the-admin-messed-up/t.33766287/
Uh oh, I think we made a mistake somewhere, we'll make the correction ASAP.

I'll try to answer more questions tonight. Have a great week everyone!

BlackRavenWyrd
Since we are getting into the time of ghost and ghoulies... have you ever thought of doing a Sponsor Quest with White Wolf, the studio behind the World of Darkness and its sublines, Vampire: the Requiem, Werewolf: The Forsaken, Mage: The Awakening, Promethean: The Created and now Changeling: The Lost?

Also when will we see those previously previewed Sentai and (hopefully) Kamen Rider items coming to Gaia? There are monsters to be fought afterall!

Finally, ever played any good table top RPGs recently or EVER? 3nodding
We haven't talked to White Wolf before, but if enough users ask for them, we'll definitely approach them to see if they're interested.

Don't know about Karen Rider, but I've heard about the G-Ranger set of items... :O

Nope, never got a chance to play table top RPG, one of those things that I kept missing out on.

Lanzer
Tai Naito
Lanzer what's your favorite Hajime no Ippo character?
Ippo.

Lanzer
Pikatira
Pikatira
Lanzer a few days ago we had a topic about the legal issues of Gaiaonline. I wanted to know a few things.

Haver you ever been sued before because of thier account being banned and them spending hundreds on Gaia?

If you have did you win?

How water tight is your TOS?

Do you have someone with a million dollar father trying to sue you?

If you were sued would you have to close down Gaia?

And if Gaia was closed would you get us all bats to beat the heck out of that person?
(Just kidding...maybe)
One more question, will Ian ever return to his store?
Luckily, we've never been sued, and usually there would be no reason to. In almost every case a user is banned because of a legitimate reason, and we can't omit the TOS just because someone donates to the site, unfortunately.

Our TOS is actually focused on giving freedom and intellectual rights to our users, but yes it does include the clause to clearly state that all services and virtual items are under Gaia's control.

If someone is rich, there's few chances that the person would want to sue us for money. In reality, the more likely case of a possible lawsuit would be against us failing to provide a safe environment for minors, this type of thing.

And if we do get sued and lost, yes there is a chance we might close our doors forever. It is kind of a scary thought. :O

I wouldn't hit people with my bat, that might damage my bat. smile

Ian isn't back yet since he's busy involved in his drama. Soon we'll find out if he can take care of Barton Boutique so Rufus can take some days off. smile

Lanzer
Midnacht
This is something that has been on my mind, that I just thought I'd take a minute to inquire about.

Many of our MCs at times come in "sets", meaning there's one MC in a particular theme, then there will be one that is the opposite of that theme.

Some of these themes have included: Angelic/Demonic Solar/Lunar
Fire/Ice Mythrill/Damascus

My question to you is, are there any plans to release opposite themed MCs to mirror existing MCs without a paired set?

Some examples would be; Horns of the Angel to mirror the Horns of the Demon, an Angelic Tail to mirror the Devil Tail, a Demonic Microphone to mirror the Angelic Microphone, an Ice Sword to mirror the Flame Sword and many others.
Many of the opposite themed items have not been released because they are just not cool enough... and in other cases, horns of the angels just don't make sense. biggrin Though things like an ice sword would still be cool (with pun and all), and if we can't make it nice enough to be an MC item, maybe we'll have it available for cheaper.

Lanzer
Rinpoo Chuan
Lanzer
Hello everyone! We're a week away from Halloween! Everyone have their costumes ready?
YES!

Well getting onto the question and I know this will be a shocker to you, but how much does it cost you guys to keep this site up? Please be honest, i`ve noticed a ton of users are thinking you guys are being money hungry, but im thinking you guys have to pay a lot for this site cause of all the servers you`re using and the amount of bandwidith that`s being used here. So it`d be really nice if you answered so everyone understands how big sites like this work.

Well that`s my question.

~Katt
The cost to run 300 servers and keeping a team of more than 90 people working is very high. Imagine this, in San Jose the average pay is around 40,000 dollars to 50,000 dollars a year. Just multiply that by 90. eek There are much much more expenses in detail. All the equipment in the server room also raked up a 7 digit figure... Few websites face the challenge of having to serve up to 100,000 users at a time.

Lanzer
BlizzardPrincesArticuno
BlizzardPrincesArticuno
Is that town on the halloween annoucment thing on the home page a new town, or just barton or and extention of barton?
Also have you ever gotten a scam PM?
That's just Barton town... even though we really want to have new towns on Gaia.

Yes, I've gotten many offers to be a beta tester for the upcoming battle system, all I need to do is to provide my name and password. Very tempting offer. smile

Lanzer
Krystal Tsuniko
Good Evening Lanzer and Staff, I hope Ya'lls night is going well. I have one question.

Are there any more games in development? (Like wordbump and such that we have) And if there are can you tell me what?

(And no not battle system xp )
Yes! We are planning on having a few more casual games. Puzzle games, card games, and an arcade type game are likely candidates. I'll let our producer announce those games when the time is ready. wink

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff