Eloquent Informer

37,875 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Balance Begets Creation 500
  • Waffles! 25
September 29th

Lanzer
Hello everyone!

Apologies for the recent outages. We had a big database problem that took hours upon hours to rescue. At first I thought we actually had a roll back, but all the developers worked really hard in recovering all the data and all the inventory data in everyone's inventory were restored. Thank goodness...

Some of you might have noticed we're testing a new game right now, Electric Love Factory will be officially released next week. Hope you all like it!

Lanzer
MrsrachaelSnape
Hello Lanzer! My questions are :

1. What was the first thing you brought yourself with your own money that you always wanted .

2. If you could go anywhere in the world where would you go and why?(not to have business )

3.Did you see the Presidential Debates? If so who you think did a better job?Barack or McCain ?
I wouldn't name anything small... during high school I always to drive this one car called the Integra from Honda/Acura. I was totally ecstatic when I finally saved up enough money to buy the car in my first job. It took me 5 years to get there. smile

I would choose to go to France or Italy. I love to see beautiful architecture. Although I kept going to Japan at the end of year because I want to shop there and eat Japanese food. XD

I think Obama is a little more convincing for me, but I felt that McCain connects with the American audience a little more. I only wish someone Al Gore is still in the running...

Lanzer
I_Illusion
1. Alright, so far Evolving Been delayed "ALOT!"but there is good reasons.
I think it might be time to change the day.. Friday already busy enough of a day.
But can we vote *Again* To see what day it can be... I still want Thursdays back...
But hopefully all of you can choose the middle of the week so if theres a delay we don't
have to wait the looong weekend for the EI's to come out >.>
2. Are you going to releasing Aquarium Arena?
3. Are you planning to make a Kiki Road Trip to Youma Con? http://www.youmacon.com/ , if not can you try and get packing there? So far my goal in life is to spin wheel of gaia once >.<
4. You like my new avi? :3
5. I wrote a little funny comic that was never made XD, I was suprise that today Inari really was the final evolution >.< I did knew cause I'm smart, I would like you guys to hear it >.<

Meanwhile last Friday

Gem2niki: Finally I got everyones favorite item to add to inari's beads last evolution......
*Waits for everything to load*
Yup.... 2,000 items to add >.> boy.. That was the hardest time ever... We had to delay zOMG for a year..
*Computer goes off with errors*
Uh ohh...
*Computer explodes*
O.O, OH GOSH... LANZER GONNA KILL ME!!

Lanzer: What happened here???????

Gem2niki: Oh umm... THERE WAS GOBLINS!!.... Umm... AND... THEY DESTROYED THE COMPUTER! AND.... umm... NOW THE ENTIRE DATABASE IS RUINED!

Lanzer: OH GOD! WE BETTA FIX THIS NOW!! wahmbulance
Not yet, arena still need a lot of core improvements and we're working on it, then we need to work on the forums and guilds, so probably not after all of that.

Maybe, but that all depends on how many petitions we get.

Looking great, good harmony with the red/gray/black theme

Congrats for calling it smile

Lanzer
QueenFey
Hi Lanzer how are you and how is everyone?

1)What is the last great movie you saw recently?

2)As a child when you went trick or treating what candies did you love to get and what candies(or other) did you hate?

3)If you could work with anyone face to face for a gaia project who would it be and why?
That was quite easy, it was Batman.

I love any bubble gums, it used to be my big thing. One candy that I couldn't stand was black licorice, urgh!

I'm really involved in forum/guild re-write. It's not only a big project but there's way too much I want to do with our forums. It isn't so much about who, but what the project is.

Lanzer
pirhan
Hai Guiz,

Kelly? Awesome. <3 I spent quite a bit of time on Take180. I love the DD Blues (Kelly and Aunt Susan duet). Thanks so much for setting up a partnership with them.

Lanzer, thank you for sharing the Jupiter picture last week. (Got any more?) :3 How often do you go out and stargaze? How exactly do you take the picture? I've never seen a telescope with a camera attachment. Which is your favourite planet? Mines Neptune. Can you see galaxies too?

I love that picture of you guys that Ling posted. (Re: server go bye-bye.) Are you guys always that stylish? In the office I worked in, you'd be lucky that employees wouldn't come in pajamas.

Gimpi Artist heart !! I love the patchwork gimpi. Adorable! You've also done a bang on job with the layering. :3 I love the wide variety of all over the place items. Total win. Thank you.

PS. Join me feature still allows you to see exactly what others are doing.
No other pics yet, haven't found time to setup my telescope again. Takes forever to get the focus right ToT. I have to attach my camera to the end of the telescope. Half the time is to tweak the camera so that the picture will come out right. The camera sits where the eyepiece goes.

My favorite planet is Jupiter, just because it has so many moons, and it's huge. It can see galaxies too but I need to take the scope to somewhere dark.

Picture Ling posted was from Corporate Day. Once a year we dress corporate and take photos and have fun. smile

Lanzer
sasamiblue
Hey Staff! check out my feed back thread about the plot my threads more or less leveled off but you did take my fish tank idea so thank you.

Why are there huge flying insects at rally?

If there was a Gaia Quiz show mini game, what Game show do you want it to tale the form of? And what real life Game show is your personal favorite?

The New Gaia Aquarium has decently stirred up a lot of conversations. I’ll give you the highlights.

Will we get to learn more about Barret and Mirai ?

If Mirai is a blond, what were the natural hair colors of Logan and Agatha before they turned old?

Are you aware of the large numbers of Gaians who love the fish tank but hate the idea of paying for every thing in cash? I know you say we can get things in Daily Chance or Market place but those options are not acceptable to the community. No one wants to pay to play and if you give us at least 1 fish and one item to make our fish stay happy that costs gold and not cash, it’ll be a huge help. Will we be seeing Aquarium items that are buyable with gold? Keep in mind that MP is not the place to buy fish. All the users jack the price up and that makes getting these things too expensive right now.

This leads me to a follow up question. Will Gaia be making any more stores that sell items for cash only? I warn you to say no and keep Gaia a place that can be played in full for free. Suddenly making games that are cash only but can be bought on the MP if you can afford several 100,000 gold is no ones idea of free to play.

Now that we have Aquariums how do you feel about terrariums? Or baby dragons or puppies and kittens or hamsters or grunny or birds? This could be a start of a chain of pet shops and hopefully ones that are more affordable…
Huge insects?

My favorite quiz show is Wheel of Fortune, but that's because I like the wheel, not the quiz. biggrin

Aquarium is one of our small projects to try out small ideas. It'll change over time to something that is more fun and more accessible. I can't guarantee anything right now but I've been giving a lot of feedback to the team as they are also listening to yours.

Mirai's hair is bleached, so the natural colors are not shown. :O

Lanzer
Zeabeanie4
Hi Lanzer! I have one question, and one question only ^^

When will you/can you update the jigsaw puzzle with new MC and manga images? It seems to me as if that wouldn't be too hard to add new images ((although I could be wrong)) , and the last new MC picture is from October 2007!

I play jigsaw everyday for one of my main sources of gold, and using the same pictures all the time has gotten a little old ^^;; - I would LOVE to see this month's MC picture or images from the Rejected Olympics manga, like the dark elves, or Gambino and the naked hugging zombie! rofl
You're totally right, it's been way too long since the update, and we still got to apply a security fix to jigsaw. I'll pass your request to the art team.

Sagger-AT3
pirhan
Sagger-AT3
Miss Conception
Lanzer!

Are you ever going to fix the inventory system so the items we wear stop going to the bottom of the inventory?

gonk
We're working on the inventories. The inventory arranger works much better now.
We're still working on removing inventory pagination on the avatar dress-up page (while still allowing people with ginormous inventories to not whitepage). Equipped items moving to the end of the inventory is a much bigger issue - see my posts here and here.

BTW, hi everyone!
Hi Sagger :3

How did the eleventy billion fix update go? What fun things do you do outside of Gaia?
Right now, I spend all my non- Gaia time in school. I'm not sure "fun" is the right word wink
We'll be pushing out many different fixes for small things (ads for donators, etc.) - the week is just beginning smile .

Lanzer
iStalkerMan
Ello Lanzer I got some question!

1. What's with the Alarmskeeters in Rallys, Hollywood, and Kung Fu Panda?[x] [x] [x]

2. What was with the announcement on Saturday saying "Free Item" but, there was no free item?

3. Will there be a shop update tomorrow?, because we only got one of the two that we were suppose to get.
Well, the weird things that are happening all have a reason, but it's up for everyone to guess what it is for the time being... :O

That was just a limited time thing, I think...

I thought we were releasing one, will probably need to check back after the ATA thread, sorry!

Lanzer
Miss Conception
Lanzer!

Are you ever going to fix the inventory system so the items we wear stop going to the bottom of the inventory?

gonk
Yes, we're working hard on that. It turned out to be much harder to fix than anticipated, but we'll we're working on it.

Lanzer
kaykeyser
Good job on the kung fu panda quest ! Who in the office is best at the Kung fu panda rock, paper, scissors game or best at rock, paper, scissors in real life? Will ZOMG have player vs player? Will the fighting system in ZMG be kind of like the Kung Fu panda thing?

Will we get to see mini games this fall? The Olympic mini games were fun, accept for the ones that involved counting numbers…will this fall have mini games?

Last time you said the Halloween plot will not revolve around Gambino who will it revolve around?

What title do you prefer to be called by the NPCs and people of Gaia? Supreme Sovran? Wise overseer? Lord and master? The creator of all things good and evil? Captain my captain? What’s your title?

What was with that Halloween Survey? It had no place for me to answer what I wanted you to know about me.

Which of these holidays do you like best? Well clearly Halloween but I would love Gaia to do more holidays, have a fire works show or celebrate some of the international holydays. kids day from Japan or guy faux day would be a real hoot or maybe chinese new year or sinco demio, arbor day, or a canadian rubber duck duck race…or Gaia could make up its own holidays. “if Grunny sees his shadow that means you’ll get your brain eaten and we’ll have 5 more weeks of summer!”

2nd I don’t trick or treat in real life, but I do dress in costume and hand out candy and decorate my yard and when I dress up its some thing anime or sci-fi and home made you had NO option for it!
And you cant make your own for nothing there’s still cost of materials… pressure to come up with a costume idea isn’t a problem the problem is no one sells anime costumes!
And its bad having no one know who you are.

Im not dressing up as a politician in fact 95% of costumes sold in stores for adults are huge turn offs. The scariest Halloween villain of all time is not on that list! You left off vampires and wolfmen and mummies and Frankenstein and ghosts and zombies…is this poll actually going to help Gaia?
I'm terrible at rock paper scissors, I lose every single time! gonk

zOMG will not have PVP at the beginning because we don't have the time to build it, but the player versus monster design will be much better than rock paper scissors type of gameplay. smile

Not this fall, but we don't want all our work to go to waste neither. Hopefully the Olympic games will re-surface soon in Towns or through quests.

Halloween will kind of continue some of the stories that we started during the summer, as we transition to others.

I've always seen myself as an admin, I help with the community in whichever way I can, and I also help with the features, which is my main focus. Not a very flashy title but I like staying focused on community biggrin

I'll pass your feedback on to whoever wrote the survey. Please note that the obvious have already been covered in past surveys so the questions could be quite off than what many would expect. Thanks for the feedback!

Sagger-AT3
I_Illusion
Sagger-AT3
emorexic-pimp
HI SAGGER!
hows your week been going?
Busy busy, just like any other week smile
o.o, just asking.. Is you avi now ment to be for Halloween? CAUSES ITS FLIPPING ME OUT!! WTF MAN!!! ITS SOO DAMM SCARY!!

My eyes... Burn... burning_eyes

User ImageScary?
Even without knowing what's in the squirt gun?
ninja

Lanzer
emorexic-pimp
Hi lanzer…

what exactly is ELF?
i apparently missed when everyone found out about it and haven't been able to figure much out on my own...

Guess who loved the downed system time on Friday!
If they ever let you back in the server room, can you "spill some more coffee" so we can we do it again some time? (pretty please?)

I'm actually enjoying the aquariums and all of their shenanigans…
I made my clam perma-glow like so… have you done anything neat with your aquarium items?

Like you, I rarely change my sig… the first time in a long time that I've updated it was to add the words "would you tap that" yesterday…
When zOMG is released, will you remember to change your sig?
And what will it be?
How long has "battle system" been in your sig anyway?

So I was in rally earlier today and I saw some alarmskeeters… I had three sucking my e-blood at the same time.. so I had to fight them off using my imagination and mouse… (the arrow = a spear!)
I have to say… I'm impressed… either the zOMG staff is doing an amazing job of animating the "animated", or the script kiddies are quadrupling the effort that they put into what they do…
Speaking of games… is it true that the sushi server runs games?
I heard it somewhere or another... but I'm sure you guys would have "retired" that server

PS: I made you guys a comic based off of aquariums!
PAGE 1 PAGE 2 PAGE 3

PPS: Would you tap that? and by 'that', I mean my aquarium

EDIT: i just had a random question... do you have the time delay between posts set up for yourself too? or can you post so fast it would blow our minds?
Electric Love Factory is the newest casual game that will be fully released next week. There will be a mini comic to help explain the story behind the game too. wink

I haven't done much to my aquarium yet, still need to grab more fishes. I'm more of a turtle guy than a fish guy, but no turtles are planned just yet. biggrin

Yikes, yeah I haven't touched my sig in ages. Reminding myself to finish revising my journal is tough enough!

Sushi server does serve games, but it's a different sushi server than the sushi errors dated back 3 years ago. biggrin

Lanzer
Cube B
*wooshes in*

ALRIGHT LANZER!

I have one question for you, and only one.

Halloween 2k8: Werewolves? Y/N?

...Also the whole "Animated running around in Rallies" thing was funny today. XD
Uh oh... maybe not...

Lanzer
Skittles of Darkness
Dear Lanzer,

Hello and how are you this evening? I've come here to have some questions/concerns addressed and I do hope you have the time to get to them. Thank you in advance.

My greatest concern right now (and has been for years) is the lack of proper communication between user and staff.

I'm quite happy there has been at least some improvement in the department of communication like this concept (AtA threads) and the thread made by Jakobo in the GCD for suggestions to improve communication; however, proper communication is still seriously ineffient.

I was wondering if there was any work being done on this? Like a landing page where Staff/Mods can communicate out important info but not have do use such things as site wide annoucements? Or a better page filled with the links to staff/mods profiles/journals? Or a feed containing the recent sticky posts by staff/mods?

I'd also like to inform you of a good ideas from other Gaians: One thread is here. I think every user would appreicate such information to be more easily accessible. Also, this is a great thread with suggestions to help with organizing better communication.

Also but not to be rude, perhaps some classes in forum etiquette for some of the staff? sweatdrop I mean they are suppose to be representing the company that is GaiaOnline right and be professional about the matter? And to remind the staff that they're not above the forum rules? Sadly I found eaTaiaG spamming up the SF (2nd thread after the 1st was binned.)... yes I know no one is perfect but still... sweatdrop

But yes, that is all for tonight. Thank you for reading. ^^"
Thanks for sharing your concern, for the longest time the admin team had only got just enough time to focus on helping with hacking/scamming/moderation issues. But since the middle of the year we've finally come close to keeping up with the demand of serving the reports, and next month or so we should have a dedicated admin just focusing on communications. That'll be a first!

Lanzer
Rush The Hunter
Who are you voting for President, Lanzer? (If you even are)

I've been wanting to ask this question since last week.

I'm with Barack! [;
Same here! But I'm Canadian so I can't vote, even though I wanted to...

Lanzer
bajeca
dang forgot....oh well questions
What is the status of fishing trophies? Will they ever be awarded again or is that something that we can forget about?

Love the New Evolves this week.
Apologies for the wait. The admins handling trophies care a lot about you guys! They are just swampped with hacking reports right now, but we've recently gotten 4 more admins helping out with in the admin team so we should be able to tackle all the hacking report and work on the trophies soon.

I know that there are a lot of questions being asked and I can't answer them all... sorry about that, but as usual, I'll be here next week, and the admin team will be working on more posts and communication to keep everyone updated on things. Have a great week!

Lanzer
PS - Started a small survey, just wanted to see what do everyone think:

http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/politics/who-should-gaians-vote-for/t.43914131/

Eloquent Informer

37,875 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Waffles! 25
It's almost question time! Do you know what you want to Ask the Admin?

Eloquent Informer

37,875 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Waffles! 25
Dangit, I had a feeling I'd forgotten this last night...I'll get right to work on it. Sorry, folks.

Eloquent Informer

37,875 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Waffles! 25
October 6th

Lanzer
Hello everyone! Halloween is around the corner, have you all chosen your costumes yet? I'm still undecided on what to wear, but I already have my pimp suit if I can't find something more fun. Anyone got ideas for me? biggrin

Lanzer
LabTech Keio
Hi, Lanzer! :3 I have two questions.
Will you ever use NPC's Journals for plot purposes again?
I've really enjoyed reading them for past events like H2k4 and Christmas 2k5 . In my opinion, they are great way of telling the story. Please let them make a comeback! o 3o

If I say "LabTech101 is alive!" enough times, will it become true?
Because he is alive, you know...>.>
Not for halloween, but when the plot makes sense we'll definitely do it again.

It depends on how many times. wink

pirula
Cube B
pirula
emorexic-pimp
I'm still waiting on that manga update about ELF you promised me last week…
it'll be out once ELF is officially launched...the game is in beta now so its sortof randomly up and randomly down as we make some final tweaks. soon though, soon smile
Oooh, will there be items as prizes? I heard rumors. surprised
there will be some very cool items as prizes. I can't tell you exactly what, but given the game has a robot theme the prizes are in sci-fi vein. You have to be much better than me to get them though...

pirula
Prince 0f the Dusk
Hai Lanzer! User Image

I have just a single question. Is anybody doing anything to fix the arenas and determine the winners? I'd really like to know who won from the last couple of weeks.
hey there! I am working on arenas, the winners are available from a 'see past winners' link that is underneath the 'browsing' thumbnails. The winners circle on the community page is broken, but we are working on updating it to be able to show the best things from all the different categories in the new arenas.

Lanzer
emorexic-pimp
Hi lanzer…
no... i don't have my own costume picked out... so i can't help ya there sweatdrop

I'm still waiting on that manga update about ELF you promised me last week…

I know some users fill their ignore lists with everyone who even slightly irritates them… on the other hand, there are users who pride themselves on not having anyone ignored…
Do you have anyone on your ignore list? (if so how many?)

Out of all of the Halloween costumes you've ever seen, what was your favorite?

How many licks does it take to get to the tootsie-roll center of a tootsie pop?
(I got to about 1600 before and it seemed like I had barely done anything at all)

Any hints for what to expect of Titan's Legacy?
Or a hint as to who is doing it?
I still can't figure out how it will work since I assume it won't be with generations… =

Do you bring snacks with you to eat at ATA?
*noms on sun chips*

And of course the obligatory question about inventories…
Is anyone working on them right now?

If you could make 1 law, what would it be?

PS: my fish are still alive if Gaia HQ needs any more saving from the evil flying bots!

PPS: if I keep getting into each ATA, imam keep asking more and more Halloween questions until then… be forewarned *evil laugh*

PPPS: okay, no more PSes…
I'm waiting for it too! It should happen soon along with an announcement. After we fixed all the major bugs.

I don't have people in my ignore list, not a big fan of the feature myself.

Someone had a great zombie costume last year. I like most zombie costumes for some reason. biggrin

Lanzer
sasamiblue
Hey Staff! check out my feed back thread about the plot

Now that we have Aquariums how do you feel about terrariums? Or baby dragons or puppies and kittens or hamsters or grunny or birds? This could be a start of a chain of pet shops and hopefully ones that are more affordable…

[NPC] Mirai and Barrett have a fish tank on there profile but no fish, last I checked. Is any one on staff going to take the time to upkeep the fish? And will we ever see fish or fish things sold in shop for gold?

The Gambino news story named a few new people like Doris Baudel and places like Jorts-n-Skorts when will we hear more about those things?
We have a much bigger project for other pets, aquarium was just a small project to test out some new ideas. We hope that our pet system would have most real-world and fantasy pets.

We definitely meant to put fishes in their tanks, they're probably busy... selling fishes. biggrin

The Gambino story will be followed up later, though we have something else in mind for now.

pirula
emorexic-pimp
pirula
Chibi Halo
pirula
'sup Lanzer?

(I am joining in my first AtA thread)
Welcome. So what is it that you do at the HQ?
Lately I have been working on the new Arenas and doing a lot of fine-tuning and bug squashing to make sure they are 100% done (there are still some fixes left to go). Next up for me is <gasp> inventory improvements.

I also manage to beta-test every game we have, and think of other ways to improve the site and keep the 'fun' element alive and well on gaia smile
SF will be mighty happy to hear about that next project of yours...
your either going to get a lot of "HURRY UP" PMs or a lot of "thank yous"
yeah, I expect a lot of both because I know the inventory fix can't happen fast enough for people, and yet its a thorny issue that will take time.

Lanzer
Lyokowolf
Hi Lanzer!

What was the worst Halloween costume you've ever had?

Good god, I can't believe I'm online for this.
My worst costume was a garbage bag, along with a grocery paper bag as the mask... Hey it got us candy! sweatdrop

pirula
Cube B
Hey Lanzer... can we have a hint as to what Halloween is? Just a hint. XD
Halloween, or Hallowe’en, is a holiday celebrated on the night of October 31. Halloween activities include trick-or-treating, ghost tours, bonfires, costume parties, visiting "haunted houses", carving Jack-o'-lanterns, reading scary stories and watching horror movies. Irish immigrants carried versions of the tradition to North America in the nineteenth century. Other western countries embraced the holiday in the late twentieth century.

-source: Wikipedia

wink

Lanzer
melodiethegreat
Hi, Lanzer! You should dress as Domo for Halloween. heart

I have a few important questions for you this week:
-Are you guys going to do a Puzzle update soon? There haven’t been any new pictures for ages.
-What the heck is the Titan’s Legacy item? Is it an evolving item? Any hints about what it will evolve into?
-How did you guys come up with the name “Gaia”? Does it mean anything?
-Is there anywhere we can download the songs from the Aquarium? I’d like to save them.

Thank you very much! I'm sooo excited for the Halloween event!
After a trip to Target, I think there will be many, many Domo out in the streets this year...

Not the immediate moment because we're working on the release of zOMG and everything, but soon there will be updates.

Yeah I think so, though you know I can't answer what it is...

Gaia is from the Greek mythology, she's the goddess of earth

Good question, I'll need to ask the team where'd we got the music! biggrin

Lanzer
`Aine Chievious
Hi Lanzer!

I have two questions for you today.

1. I was fond of the item update today, but I have a question about new items. Will there be an update featuring cat items, as in, just ears and tail, in the future? I personally want a black version of the cat items I’m currently wearing.

2. Whatever happened to Zhivago? Will he appear in future updates?

Thank you in advance. <3
Yeah there were going to be more cat items from the gift boxes. Need to check on that.

Zhivago will be back later, but no involvement in the upcoming storyline.

Lanzer
oh phantasmagory
Hey Lanzer!

Too many great items this update for me to choose yet sad I love all the items Moira has for sale and will probably use them to make my outfit.

Will there be more prequel mangas like the Gambino one?
And might we possibly learn what happened to Rosalie or her body this Halloween?

also first page yay smile
None are planned, but we'll re-consider if there are more requests or if it makes sense to have one for the next story update.

Not this Halloween, sorry!

Lanzer
Lord Burandon
OH MY GODNESS!

Oka, questions:

1. HINTS ABOUT PLOT PLEASE!!!??? crying gonk
2. Do you have a favourite EI?
3. Doews it really cost 1.5 million to pay to the servers to stay up and running each month?
4. I heard you like mudkips! wink
5. Will you marry my daughter when I have one sometime in my life?
6. What is it like working for gaia?&

Thanks, I hop eyou asnwer, byebye!
Elf related!

Last favorite was the frog

Nope, it cost a lot less for the hardware and bandwidth. More than 2/3 of the cost are what we need to pay for all staff members each month (we have 110 full time people, not counting part time and contractors)

:O

By then I probably can't talk straight to propose! biggrin

It's like working at any other job, but fun!

Lanzer
kaykeyser
What’s your fav photo taken around the office and what is the best link for finding photos of the Gaia staff members?
How’s crazy spork i am ? I haven’t seen her in ATA in a while. In fact I don’t stalk Gaia staff members and read there journals so I don’t know a lot other then whats in the thread here, so how is every one? Is any one doing any thing existing like working for a major big name company, getting married, having a baby, a birthday. Quitting, getting fired? Any thing worth talkingabout?
I wish more staff would join the ATA.

when will photo arena have enogh mods to get work done? my photos been there unaproved for months.

What’s your fav Pokemon?

for haloween be an animal, gather up all the items for your favorite animal

or if you mean in real life be Gambino.
Hmm, there isn't a good link for that. Check Brunosmad's profile.

Everyone's busy with zOMG's release. But Crazy Spork had been out sick for a while. There's been a nasty flu and many of us got sick in the past few weeks. sad We're getting more and more people, and I'm really having trouble remembering people's names now!

I'll check on the arena status for you. Thanks for reporting.

Lanzer
iymcool
You should dress up as a king Lanzer! User Image

Good evening though, I had a question about the stress of the development team. With the recent splurge of EIs is the team thinking about setting some items aside such as the Holy $#!7? It seems that some are just forgotten. The Coocoon is another example that had me a bit concerned.

However, y'all are all so hard working so I'm sure y'all over in Cali have it covered!
EI are getting hard to manage. Though I think a few items are just updating slower. Will check with the creative team definitely. :O

Lanzer
squkyshoes
Lanzer, I suggest you be a vampire!... or have you already done that?
Edit: I'm going to dress up in my cosplay(Lucky Star). Not sure If I'm gonna wear the wig with that.

Around what time is the 'Create an NPC Contest' be released like we saw in one of the pictures from AX?
Sorry I don't know of the top of my head, but I'll check with DJ Helsing.

pirula
kaykeyser
when will photo arena have enogh mods to get work done? my photos been there unaproved for months.
try re-submitting it to the new arenas...we don't have mods pre-approve entries anymore because of people having to wait for so long. If you submit now you should see it up right away.

Lanzer
Platonix
In early September, you spoke of replacing the "Post to earn gold" message with a help link. I'm wondering what will happen to the "You earned ## Gold for doing that" messages that appear in the same place...will they appear elsewhere, or be completely removed? I kinda hope they're kept somehow...
The status will probably be changed to something that happens in the site header. It's probably more fun to have messages tied to an NPC.

Lanzer
I_Illusion
Hi Lanzer >.< Tell the team what a great job with the Halloween items for me!
So here's my questions! I'm happy my last Answer you didn't answered happened! ^_^ yay halloween EI

1) Are you planning to add ways to redye are hair many colors like Mirai?
2) Me heardz some nasty rumors...... Is it true wereworlfs come and steal are candy's on Gaia? *hides pumpkin full of candy*
3) Is the HQ gonna get covered with Halloween Decorations? If so can you post pictures in your journal when there up?
4) It seems that the storyline is going around Gambino again... *Aww I want a new storyline something with someone else...* Can you give us any clues to figure out whats happening?
5) Are you going to change your avi for Halloween? *Plays night before christmas* THIS IS HALLOWEEN! HALLOWEEN! HALLOWEEN!
6) Can you admit the reason why the date change for the MC's changed from lack of money from both month's *They did stink... I sorta liked last month... <.> but I do think you changed it cause alot of people didn't like em so you lost money >.>*
7) If you got to date with 1 person from any gaia store who would it be?
8 ) Is Titan Legacy an evolving item?
Yeah multiple color hair as a wig is an idea we're exploring. Hope to see more in the future!

No wolves here :O

We should, but I think the whole zOMG release had us side tracked... we might have a costume contest though

Not a lot of clues as of right now, need the art team to finish the story before I can promise anything more...

Yeah, I think I have something in mind. wink

pirula
Purplesnoopy
Hello!
LAnzer, I'd been busy and wasn't always feeding my fish every day.the Overseer gave me Demonic armor... *Shudder* Does it give a different item to really kind aquarium owners who lavish love and care on their fish?
I have heard that yes, the overseer is more generous if your tank health is higher and your fish are happier. I have gotten several different items, but my fish are still longing for the sweet embrace of death sad

Lanzer
Mystic Onyx
Lanzer: I challenge you to a nacho eating contest.

Questions:
1. Aside from these threads, do you spend much time just wandering around Gaia posting anymore?
I know you can't possibly be dictating 24/7.
2. It's been quite a while since housing has received pretty much any attention at all...how long until Gaia Homes get an update of any sort?
3. Do you like my avatar?
4. Comment in my profile?
5. Care to skim my petition?
Personally, I think it's a good idea, but I'd still enjoy input from a lead figure.
6. To anyone...why is it that when the "Item Normalization" was put into effect it did the exact opposite and made everything abnormal?
Glitches I get, but...really.

Just missed the first page...oh well.
It's hard to find time, as any free time I spent answering PM and such. Even my email inbox is huge.

I've been bugging CP every week. We're trying to make the housing system in flash and getting CP to release the new set of items.

Yeah, I like the skinny black figure, kind of like Jack without the cloak

I'll check it out after ATA

Lanzer
Prince 0f the Dusk
Hai Lanzer! User Image

I have just a single question. Is anybody doing anything to fix the arenas and determine the winners? I'd really like to know who won from the last couple of weeks.
We're putting in a lot of work to make sure that the new arenas is useful, is the new arenas not handling winners correctly?
(See pirula's more helpful and informed answer near the beginning of this transcript. wink )

Lanzer
squkyshoes
Are there any plans for bringing back the elftechs into the plot? The writing was amazing and made my cry both times I read their journals.
Not the elf techs, but something else if it makes sense for the story. Though I do miss the elf techs myself.

Lanzer
Nicky McCloud
Hiyo, Lanzer. :3

What is the purpose of the soulbonding on Titan's Legacy? Will the Legacy evolve according to how happy our aquarium is?
That's odd, didn't know Titan's Legacy has soul binding, will need to check on that, but by next week we should all have an answer.

Lanzer
Nuxill
Quick question: When Zomg! comes out, will we be able to get an item update in the vein of weapons and cliche RPG clothing? Are there any new ideas for shops? (besides Back alley Bargains of course)
There should be a different item update separate of that. zOMG items aren't necessarily related to RPG items actually.

Lanzer
Dark Elf Pilfer
Hey Lanz,

Awhile back you told us that you were looking into expanding the Gaia biz into a few other cities. Portland was one such city. Did you mean Portland, OR? And did you find a lot of talent here?

This city is filled with artists and tech geeks, so keep your eyes trained up here.
Yeah I did mean Portland, OR. There are a lot of great talents there and it's really close to San Jose. Though we haven't started to look yet. Things are still being planned.

Lanzer
Nuire
I've been meaning to ask this for months, but I keep forgetting to get to this thread on time, or I'm at work. redface

Say, Lanzer (or anyone else who could be a dear and answer this <3), how long until trophies for fishing get handed out again? Are they ever going to? It's been over a year, you think you could get someone to sit down for a few days and sort it all out?

Also, I introduced my friend to Gaia and I was showing him how to change his eyes by deleting his avatar, only to discover that the avatar on that page is so darn squished, you can't even see the eye color or style you're changing to. He did it a couple of times and got really frustrated because he couldn't see what he was doing. Is it being so small something that can be fixed?
We're busy working on handling hacking reports right now, but Sisky promise to look into it once her work is done. Stay tuned!

Thanks for letting me know, I'll look into it.

Have a great week everyone!

Eloquent Informer

37,875 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Waffles! 25
October 13th

Lanzer
Hello everyone!

How's everyone doing? We are still scrambling to have the event ready, while we're getting closer to get the inventory system fixed, and zOMG is also coming along. The dust is settling soon, so stay tuned. wink Let's get started!

Lanzer
iStalkerMan
Ello Lanzer I got some question!

1.When ill Prakash Singh come back and stalk on some more people? Sometime soon? ;D

2. Whats with the different cash cards? (Ex. One with Pongo the Ferret for its bonus item, and another with Blaze on it and zOMG! box as it's bonus item)
Yup, there will be more items introduced by Prakash. Probably after Halloween.

The new Gcash card is a card that comes with some zOMG related items. Kind of like the sealed envelope, they can't be opened right now but will be available when zOMG is ready for launch.

Lanzer
MrsrachaelSnape
Hi Lanzer! Questions:
1. What do you think of heroes so far?

2. When battle comes out, will you party?

3. Can Rufus be the next sidekick for e.I report?
It's a little weird how people's personalities changes so much, it felt like a Korean drama. biggrin Interesting never the less.

Yeah, can't wait!

Probably not, Rufus is smart enough not to be working near any labtech.

Lanzer
emorexic-pimp
Hi lanzer... still scrambling for the event?
zOMG?
dust?!
sounds like you've had a fun week!

Glad to see ELF is back up… *still waiting for a new manga update*
Are you any good at the game?

Can you please just give me a 100% clear answer about titan's legacy…
Even something like "yes, it will evolve" or "no, where are people getting this idea from" would make me happy

According to the sticky in the Q&A, the FAQ is being updated "soon"…
But "soon" has been over a month now…
Do you have any idea when we could start seeing some of those updates to it?

Recently the SF description has been changed and all hell broke loose as suddenly ½ the forum became the same threads as you could normally find in the Q&A… whose idea was that exactly? And with the new-found powers that descriptions have been found to have, will they be used for good or evil?

~~~~HALLOWEEN QUESTION TIEM!~~~~

Halloween; is it about the parties or trick-or-treating?

Did you get a costume yet?

Do you freeze your chocolate?

Candy corn: good or bad?

What's your favorite kind of candy?

Speaking of sweets, I recently found out that my ice-cream man stopped giving out super hero bomb pops and I got really sad…
Do you have a favorite ice-cream?
No I suck currently. Need a lot more practice.

Titan's Legacy is an EI. It's related to the aquarium feature...

Unfortunately, we are really poor at doing things fast. The admin team is right now caught up on handling hacking reports, and is having another wave of mods to help moderate, but the FAQ system is still chugging along. Won't be too long though.

We've been talking back and forth about how to improve every area of the forums, sometimes it's SF and sometimes GCD. Sometimes what sounded good in a meeting might not work out that great, but be sure that we'll change and react with everyone's feedback.

Lanzer
pirhan
Hey Lanzer & Crew,

Happy Thanksgiving Lanzer!

Please, for the love that is good and holy in the world, change the Site Feedback forum description. It currently says "Report bugs, hear from staff and help improve the site with your comments & suggestions!" - please either remove "Report bugs" or move the Bugs & Glitches subforum to Site Feedback. The forum is being inundated with multiple glitch threads that it has become unbearable. I hate going in there now. emo

If this was done as some cruel experiment, I think the conclusion would be that users read the forum description over the forum rules. Hence, I believe that all the forum descriptions on the main forum index (http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/) should all be rewritten to include the forum etiquette. Not only will this serve the Gaian population better in finding the proper forum, it will act as a preventative measure on misplaced threads.

How soon for the inventory fix? :3 heart

P.S. Join Me feature is still allowing anyone (friend list or not) to know exactly where you are on the site.

As a child, what did you want to be when you 'grew up'?
I'll definitely re-group with the crew, thanks for bringing it up.

Inventory fix won't happen within this week, sorry, but I'm bugging the team to have it done ASAP.

Lanzer
Just Neo
Hello Gaia staff. How are you this wonderful evening?

I'm stressed as usual and should probably be doing homework or looking at colleges/scholarships right now.

I have a few questions for you. I can't seem to find the questions I originally planned to ask so here are my new questions.

Have you ever heard of the Yes dance?
Who was your best friend in high school?
Do you still talk with said friend?

Ummm I need some Gaia related questions.

Does your office building have any showers for when you guys pull all-nighters?
Do you keep a kit in your desk for these occasions (with stuff like a toothbrush, deodorant, food, a change of clothes, etc)?
Does your office building have a scenic view?
Would you ever put my avi/username in a manga?

That is all I can think of at the moment. Maybe I'll have more later.
Good luck with your college search! It's crazy stressful I'm sure.

Nope (no pun intended)

He's a friend who I played hours and hours of Street Fighter with. He's a very smart programmer, recently worked on this game called "face breaker".

He's back home in Vancouver, we talk every once in a while but we don't get to see each other unless I'm back in town...

No showers in the office, but there is a gym downstaires with showers. It's shared by everyone in the building, not just Gaia staff.

Yes, I have my own set of toothbrush and other sanitary products biggrin

We actually have a decent view, but nothing much is around San Jose...

Hey you never know, we often choose avi's out of the blue, usually from avi arenas though.

Lanzer
Kariki Neroli
Why do you support the stereotypes against Fanthreads? All the real Fanthreads - the ones dedicated to discussing a certain NPC or Item rarely degrade into “hang out threads’ and those loyal to the threads rarely, if ever, stray from the topic!

To lump all into the disgraceful category of “Hang Out” thread is insulting to every dedicated member of such a thread and then to shove them off into a dark corner where it’s a RULE that DISCUSSION threads aren’t allowed! Which is what a Fanthread IS! A DISCUSSION about a certain aspect of Gaia!

Fanthreads are fundamentally essential to the GCD and to all new comers! Why have multiple threads asking the same questions when there is one source already available and easy to understand! Why do the work when someone else has! Someone who spends page after page discussing, theorizing, and (more or less) stalking a certain NPC or Item? Many Fanthread creators worked hard - some for YEARS - on their threads only for it to go to waste because a few people who talk too much haven’t bothered to read their work.

Why a request for a subforum was so easily denied is beyond reason for so many of us loyal GCDers - those of us that have been here since the beginning (of either the GCDs life or our Gaian life). We have subforums for Aquarium, Towns, And Arenas that barely qualify as GCD material - especially when they have their own proper forum and yet we’re denied something that, by very definition, is purely GCD.

Us Fanthreaders are fully aware of the increased Fad Fanthreads have become over the last few months, through no fault of our own. In light of this, we propose our own Subforum with stricter rules and regulations. All those that lose their purpose and sink down into ‘Hang Out’ thread territory will be moved to their appropriate Forum (either permanently or until they get their act together). And a Subforum would not be so hard to manage. Maybe of the fanthreaders themselves would report offtopic posts if it meant staying in our home forum! And to find a Fanthread that has gone too far off topic doesn’t take long - just check the last five pages! If one of those five is almost completely made up of Off-Topic Banter with no visible attempt to redirect the discussion to something more GCD appropriate and no warnings issued by anyone, it’s safe to say some warning/moving should be done.

We feel a Subforum is a far better solution than throwing us all out. At least this way, we’re not in a forum where, by no choice of our own, we aren’t breaking the rules by our very existence, we’re not in the way of the main forums, and we’re easy to find for those who want to find us.

The Save The Fanthreads Petition:

User Image

Please read over it and see our opinions on the matter and just how deeply this ‘decision’ has hurt many of us, leaving us with a feeling of deep, deep betrayal.
I hear your pain, Kariki. It's actually a very heated and in-depth discussion within the admin team about the long and engaged threads in GCD. There are supporters on both side of the fence supporting casual members and members engaged in the specific threads. Because there are only so much space where threads can be shown on a page, everytime when a specific type of topic is appearing often enough, subforums are created because otherwise other types of discussions would be lost. It's by no means anyone thinking that the long and engaged threads are less important, but we ended up sticking with the ground rule of how and why sub-forums were created on Gaia. Hope that make sense. If the decision proves to be wrong, which we often could be, we'll definitely help set things right.
(Lanzer originally quoted the wrong post for this Answer; I have replaced it with the post to which the answer applies.)

Lanzer
Autumn
To anyone who can answer! Thanks!

Gaia has 84 puzzles. and only 31 known framed artworks. of which #7 has never been released.
where is #7 and when will it and the rest of the puzzles have artwork?

Also,will we ever get a wrap around option with puzzles? Or maybe an easier way to naviagte
puzzles so we can choose the one we want easily?

what happened to the toxic barrel? Ever since Timmy and his romp in one, I haven't seen any
in the MP, or in exchange. Did Gaia stop releasing them?
There will be more Jigsaw puzzles after Halloween, but for now we're all tied up. Sorry!

Oh Timmy will be back... but we'll just all have to be patient. smile

Lanzer
sasamiblue
Hey Staff! check out my feed back thread about the plot

Last week you suggested Brunosmad’s journal for finding staff photos but the things stuck on privet, were else could I look?
What’s your fav photo taken around the office?
I saw some staff photos of a green inflatable chair have you had that thing in the pool yet?
What’s your favorite Pokemon?
Will we get to learn more about Doris Baudel and places like Jorts-n-Skorts?
Brunosmad's flickr account would be the place to look...

My favorite photo? All the corporate day photos were great!

Don't have a favorite Pokemon...

Lanzer
Luxord Wolf
Hey Lanzer,

Any chance of getting another salon update that is a little more male orientated? Almost every time there is any kind of update for hair its been mostly female related
Biancamella wig, cyber space wig, lusty wig... and so on. With no guy equivalent in site. =[
It seems like almost all the hairstyles are for females, or very feminine.
A lot of people agree, and there have been quite a few petitions about it.
Here is one of them:male hair styles petiton

Also any chance of removing the default underwear on items like superior form?
Its kinda disappointing to get the item, and have to wear clothing that doesn't really match the skin at all.

Also werewolves? >_>
I agree, as a male I noticed that the salon update is usually more female oriented too, I'll help pitch in on behalf of guys who want better hair. wink

The feature with superior form is kind of tough, because making people naked is gonna cause quite a bit of stir... though I definitely agree, it would be pretty cool. biggrin

Lanzer
I_Illusion
1) When are we finally gonna get a Cash Shop update with just very good and well done cheap cash clothing? I enjoy having Evolving Items but really? There's hardly ever clothing anymore.
2) The nightmare boxes was a little disapointing, are you making sure future box/chest/bag items are going to have more new items with alot of work to em? Like zOMG boxes? *best box ever >.>*
3) T.T Another aquarium update... 2 bucks for a digital rock... ._. WTF IS WRONG WITH YOUR PRICING TEAM!!!!
4) I heard the Monthly Collectable is about dreams *cough* more like saw *cough* >] yay! >.> <.< P.S. Thank god you fixed the leak fast >.> *no comment*
5) Ok... I wish to know... It's been so long.. When are we getting Angelic/ Demonic backwings?.... I would pay 9.99 in the cash shop for crying out loud for few poses and just the item itself! Do you got any ideal when it's gonna be released in the quest system?
6) If you got to make 1 item on Gaia what would it be? A sword? A awesome top? Shoes?
7) Don't you think this baby is super cute? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5P6UU6m3cqk
8 ) If Ian and Rina went into a Nacho eating contest, who do you think will win?
Thanks for the feedback. We are gonna make the cash shop easier to browse and start having a few items outside of EI too.

The rock item is actually an EI too, hope it'll be worth everyone's Gcash

Backwing quest will be worked on. Sorry it's taking so long...

One item? How about an admin pass that'll give you admin privileges? biggrin

Lanzer
Unknown Arrancar
1. Lanzer, have you ever been tempted to slap one of your employees for any reason?

2. What kind of haloween event are we going to have this year?

3. Will we be getting any skins?
Ouch! No I can't imagine slapping anyone period, let alone Gaia staff members that I really get along with.

This year's event will still be group oriented, it's not as big of an event as I wish for it to be, but it'll still be a lot of fun.

Yeah I think so.

Sorry I've been in a meeting during today's ATA thread. Next week I'll be able to answer more questions. See you all next week!

Lanzer
Java Robot
One question for Lanzer: Where are all of the other staff members? Aren't there usually more?
With Halloween and zOMG being worked on, a lot of us are simply too stressed to work on anything else. I'll definitely ask for more staff members to attend once we're less busy. Sorry...

Eloquent Informer

37,875 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Waffles! 25
October 20th

Lanzer
Hello everyone, it's only a week from Halloween! Well, the event at least. Hope you all have your costumes picked out. Things are even more heated up as we're rushing in the last minute changes for the event and storyline. I'm already waiting for us to be able to have a breather by the end of month.

Everyone picked out your costumes yet?

Lanzer
Cypher Cake
1] Will there ever be a time when people who buy GCash in any way [from online/offline stores] not have to see non-Gaia ads like people who buy Monthly Collectibles?

Because I don't buy Monthly Collectible's [unless I really like them] but I've bought every first generation Evolving Item, along with a few other Cash Shop items. I think I shouldn't have to see non-Gaia ads along with the others who buy Monthly Collectibles. And not to sound selfish, but this applies to other people who buy from the Cash Shop as well. I'm just using myself as an example.

2] Will there ever be a tab for Car/Aquarium items in the Inventory Arranger?

3] Would Car items ever be 'lock' in place when in use like Game and Aquarium Items or disappear like Clothing and House items?

4] So from my understanding, the better you take care of your fish, the longer they last. Does this mean that the fish can live long beyond their "Life Expectancy"?

Thanks for reading/answering. Sorry if these have been asked before, I don't frequent the AtA.

ninja Shamless Plug about an MP Pulse ninja
That's our intent, but as it turns out the code base for Gcash is not straight forward at all. We are working towards it and will keep everyone updated.

We're thinking of the regular inventory system to support arranging if possible. Either we'll apply arranging to the specific car/aquarium items to the arranger or we'll make it possible to better sort items under their interface.

Locking is a feature that we want to add, probably in the regular inventory first then to other features later. Now that we have changed the item backend system such a feature is finally possible. (we did some huge changes that allows a lot more customizable features)

There are different factors that govern how the fish behaves, so be sure to keep them happy. Life expectancy is a big part of the aquarium, but we're also putting into the gameplay aspect of how the experience is more rewarding than it's a loss of a pet fish.

pirula
hey everyone!
Cypher Cake
2] Will there ever be a tab for Car/Aquarium items in the Inventory Arranger?
I am just about to start working on the inventory arrangement features (finishing up arenas first) and that is something we have talked about adding. So, yes, probably they will have their own tabs or at least some easy way to find those types of items.
Chibi faery
3) Why does the original av arena only have 5 or 6 winners every week? ): Any chance of bringing this back to 10?

5) Are guild upgrades still aimed for this fall? Like. Before the end of the year? xd
Aaak! That arenas bug Lady Rat just told me about today! We will fix it and get it back up to 10.

I am also planning for guild updates, but still in the planning stage. The order is looking like first fix arenas, then fix inventory, then update guilds, so guilds is going to be farther out (probably not by the end of the year).
Yen Quest
I heard that the staff had been discussing about better communication with user&staff, how's it going?

Are there night shifts in Gaia staff? I heard some people stayed up over 24hrs. o.o;
with staff-user communication its hard to find a good solution that everyone can agree on. The 'plan A' was to organize site feedback into various subforums, but there is some concern becuase SF is home to a lot of Gaians. We are still trying to figure out where is a good central place to put staff updates and feedback threads where we can sticky them without getting in the way, and both staff and users will find it easy to use.

night shifts: only if you are on the zOMG team wink we do try to get some sleep sometimes, and Lanzer isn't as much of a slave-driver as you might think.

I am always so happy when I see a question that I actually know the answer to smile

Sagger-AT3
Dan Robinson
So like, Lanzer, I know I didn't make it on the first page, but is there a good possibility that you could answer my questions?

1. I was browsing the marketplace, and I saw the 4 Leaf Clover Pin. At the top, it said that I could buy it for 1 Cash. What's up with that? Is that true? If so, from where can I buy the 4 Leaf Clover Pin?

2. Also, any sign on when engraving will be up and running?

3. When will we get Aquarium items that we can buy with Gaia Gold? You know...the little golden coins that Gaia started off with. (No offense...I was merely trying to lighten to mood a bit. ;P)
I ain't no Lanzer, but I can answer some of those:

1. We have added cash shop items' prices (in cash) to the MP. It turns out that in our databases, many old event items and collectibles are labeled as having the price of 1 cash. We need to go over all the items and remove these - we intend on doing it, but it will take a while (many items out there...). But don't worry - old even items are not being sold anywhere.

2. Darknrgy is still working on stability of the system, so inventory things would work better. Engraving and other cool features are on hold at the moment.

3. Marketplace! Marketplace!
Marketplace?
Marketplace!

Lanzer
Chibi faery
Hey there, Lanzer! ^O^ (and any other staff that may be poking about)
I can't wait for Halloween. heart (and the event! I'll probably be rocking one of my cosplays. We're have a costume picnic. ^O^
ANYWAY.

Questions:
1) About how many people requesting a con for Kiki's road trip to make you guys STRONGLY consider going? :O

2) What artist is doing Titan's Legacy?

3) Why does the original av arena only have 5 or 6 winners every week? ): Any chance of bringing this back to 10?

4) Will beta testers for zOMG get to have a headstart, also, along with the ticket holders? ;o; <333 (or, even after ticket holders, before everyone else? ANYTHING? )

5) Are guild upgrades still aimed for this fall? Like. Before the end of the year? xd

6) Can you help me with my algebra? emo
(Or how bout some form of homework help forum? Like a place to discuss math and such.)

Thank you!! biggrin
(Still holding out for Gaia art book! xd )
It's actually something combined with when DJ Helsing is available and whether or not we're already visiting a convention in the same area or not. Sorry I don't have a straight answer for that one. Though numbers do weight heavily.

It's by one of our newest member in the creative team, though I'll need to ask for his approval before sharing the name.

That's a weird bug. All our attention is put towards making the new arena work great, and the new one should work better.

Yes beta testers will have a head start, but only by a few days, as a thank you for beta testing. Though the differences won't be huge, as zOMG isn't all about "leveling".

Guild upgrades are being worked on during the fall seasons, but the actual changes won't come out until next year. It's a big project from the looks of things

You don't want me working on math. XD

Sagger-AT3
Metalic_Noodles
09. Who is the second economist? I know about Sagger, but who is the other?

10. What could users do if they have their e-mail account stolen, or lose the password for it? Do they have to just accept that they can no longer change their password or recieve Gaia e-mails? I myself have lost access to a few e-mail addresses for various reasons, and have had to give up accounts on sites because I wasn't able to change the e-mail address.
9. We have a very senior economist, who advises on big things. But he's not involved in the day- to- day operations, and doesn't hang around the site too often... Especially nowadays, when he's involved in bigger things, like the US government bailout program.

10. We're still looking into that. We'll have a way for people who have lost access to their email account to maintain access to their Gaia account - it would probably involve the moderating team somehow.

Lanzer
emorexic-pimp
Hi lanzer (and hopefully other staff who have yet to post)

*drools over new MCs*
I love them both <33

Hey lanzer, is your signature REALLY blank?
Does this mean zOMG is coming out REALLY REALLY soon?

Last week's ATA ended with 111 posts… did you plan that?
Also, last week you mentioned that one of the new aquarium items was an EI
Just to confirm, you were talking about the item named "aquarium rock" right?
(it looks like this: User Image

About ½ of the NPCs (including rina) seem to have brown names instead of the red ones…
My question is; would you really let someone who ate flowers onto the staff? is there any plan to fix that? If so, how far down on the list of things to do is it? (like next year, or at about the planned time of the zOMG release in 2089)

How many Bee Suites do you have anyway?
Do you use them as a way to gauge user-anger over a new feature?
(and why is the GCD mad at you for that again?)
Mind sending a few my way so I can artificially inflate hoard them?

Today I had a day off from school… but it was a cold October day…
based off of how cold it's been, i've decided not to ToT this year >.>
How's the weather over in California? Warm?

PS: my fish finally died… I don't think I have the heart to open their bags sad
(plus the third gold fish that I didn't like gave me a crappy gold heart hair-pin thing D< wink
Oh no, was going to point my sig to my journal. Thanks for reminding me. Yes, it's blank right now.

On the 3rd year anniversary of the ATA thread maybe I'll do that. XD Nope, I never noticed...

Sorry I was referring to Titan's Legacy, I wasn't referring to the rock, must have interpreted wrong

I forgot how many bee suits I have, probably at around 500.

I think there are a lot more ways users have to tell me that I've screwed up, and I screw up often, so be sure to let me know whenever there are things we say or do that are just not right. We'll keep fixing and changing until things are cool for everyone.

pirula
emorexic-pimp
pirula
hey everyone!
hey pirula!
busy week?
yes, muy ocupada with tons of projects going on and lots of planning for next year.

Lanzer
Fancy McSharkpants
Hey, Lanzer, how goes it? This is my first time in AtA, so I hope I’m doing this right…(is there a wrong way to do it?)

First of all, this one‘s for any admin watching this thread tonight… Is there any possibility of items being created that layer on top of pre-existing items such as Aquatica and leg-replacing items like that? It would be really cool to have a shark tail with some tattoos on it, or some fin piercings or something to that effect.

Second, who’s your favorite NPC, and why?

And one last question, If you could pick one song to describe yourself, what would it be? I know it’s kind of a weird question, but it’s always cool to see what people say.
The system doesn't support such feature right now but we've been planning for accessories for certain items for a long time. Hope we can make it happen in the near future.

My favorite keeps changing, but I've been rooting for Timmy recently. He need a lot of ... guidance lately. biggrin

Wow I love a lot of songs but finding one is tough! I like "unwritten" a lot, it's a really happy and positive song. biggrin

Sagger-AT3
Haya Plum
1.I have 2 mule accounts, one I use, the other left forgotten.
I realized that my most used mule has an e-mail adress I deleted before
I changed it to a new one. My abbandoned mule has my second good e-mail
adress that gaia will accept and is holding it hostage.
I could not swich them around because gaia doen't accept a mail all
kinds of mail adresses (things outside of hotmail, yahoo,)and now we
need to have e-mail comfermation on both the old and new adress.
If I pm you, will you or someone you know, beable to take the good
e-mail form my inactive mule and set it to my active mule?
I'd hate to have my guild's rpg mascot get locked out. ;_;
Question 1.5 can we have a feature that allows members with multi mule
accounts to have 2 accounts for 1 e-mail?
Not only will this help us make sure we have vaid e-mails, it will make
it easier for the mods to beable to track botters or scammers who trade
botted goods/sell botted goods to themselves.

4. Why does verizonwireless now own our PM box?
Gaia's selling out to the corpret masses.
Gaia is an RPG community and it's sad to see it go down the drain of
commercialism when it's branching out to expand and cling to things that
does not suport, or keep in tact, the rollplay-ness of this site.
Your not helping gaians, your adding to the problem of cyberstocking.
Sadly is is possible for someone to think someone is a friend, give then
the nubber only to be stabed in the back.
It's also a usless feature since any 24/7 gaia addict has access to a
computer and mosr cellphones now a days has internet features built
right into them. Cheaper to just send a PM.
Also, if we want our RL friends to text us- they'd aleady have our
number and wouldn't need to use the text feature.
1. The new security measures are not in place yet. You can still change the email addresses of your accounts, even if you have lost access to the old email address. Maybe the announcement wasn't clear enough, but the whole point was to give everyone enough time to get themselves a valid email address.

4. The new text message service does not give anyone your phone number. The phone number is kept only on our servers, and people who send / receive PMs though text messages do not get to see it. There are no more cyberstalking opportunities then there are with regular PMs - only an immediate form of communications for these times when you're away from your computer, but still want to be close to your Gaia friends.
The whole point of having it done through Gaia is that it allows you to do that without sharing your personal info.

fin
Yen Quest
I can't wait for the event to start. Only 3 days away, and it so happens to be my brother's b-day. ^w^ Haven't thought of a costume yet, wasn't thinking of trick-or-treating this year. Probably giving out candy again.

-----------------------------------

I heard that the staff had been discussing about better communication with user&staff, how's it going?

Will we get a section on the site dedicated to all artworks made by Gaia staff? Things to download like desktop wallpapers? Anytime soon?

Are the flash minigames for Halloween event going to affect the manga/plotline, like it did with the Olympics?

Are there night shifts in Gaia staff? I heard some people stayed up over 24hrs. o.o;
Don't think the flash minigames effect the manga/plotline this time around.

We'd love to make a section of the site dedicated to art work - but we're so busy we haven't had a chance yet!

Night Shifts? Well, not exactly. Lumber_Chicken (who runs the back-end hardware and operations for the site) has all sorts of tools that 'ping' him through SMS when the site runs into a problem. I just asked him, what happens if you're asleep? He said: "Either my dog, my daughter or my wife wakes me up to tell me that my phone is beeping!".

Other examples: well, lots of people work nutty hours at gaiaonline. Some like to come in late and work super late. Others super early to super-early. These days many people have been working over the weekends and late into the night on zOMG! Lots of all-nighters on zOMG! dev team this past weekend actually!

Lanzer
kaykeyser
What characters do you have planed for Dr. Singh’s next few side kicks and when will Timmy be back on her show?
I would love to see her with Liam, Sasha, Gambino, Cindy, Flynn, Jack, santa cow, an elf tech, a new lab tech, her own brother…actually some one totally new would rock also I hope we go right to new years with out timmy then get him back in an epic plot.
I poled Gaia most people voted for Liam. Peyo was the popular write in vote so good thing you used him.

Also there has been speculation that for Dr. Singh’s partners represent the seven deadly sins Sloth, greed etc what do you think?

What are Gaia’s expenses and who pays for it all? What I mean is some one pays for servers and office space and Gaia t-shirts and plushies and the electric bill and water and heating and your salary and your employee salaries and all kinds of things…so
A: what thins need to be paid for?
B: of all the things that need to be paid for what things are paid for by us spending Gaia cash?
C: of all the things you have to pay for what is covered by sponsors?
D: how can you please Gaians who want less cash only items and less adds and also afford Gaia?
E: if you were forced to cut spending what would be the 1st thing to go?
I can't ruin the surprise for everyone, but be sure that Timmy will be back biggrin

Gaians are very speculative. biggrin

Gaia has a lot of expenses from hardware, software, bandwidth cost, to server space rental cost, but nothing trump the cost of keeping a team of 100+ people working on the site as a whole. Users help out with 60% or so of the cost today, sponsors help out part of it, and investors lend us money to take care of the rest. We're hoping that with enough users, we can keep the site running without having to borrow money to keep the site running. I'll try to cover more of that in my journal soon.

Sagger-AT3
ZoneIV
Sagger-AT3
Zweizi Galon
Question for Sagger-AT:

Which NPC do you feel should have more plot-time, in your personal opinion? surprised

EDIT:
Your avatar reminds me of "The Tick". Was that the hidden inspiration? ninja heart
I hope the Zurg will be back... and if not - Gambino is my kind of guy smile

I just gradually built this avatar... only to find out (thanks to a profile comment) that I resemble Skeletor (which I had to google gonk ). I'll have to google "The Tick" now xp
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Hehe, sweet!
I don't think the Tick was any inspiration... he's much more muscular.
Skeletor is a bit closer, even though wasn't a conscious inspiration either:
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Sagger-AT3
MrBlueberryMuffin
Why is it that when you scroll over the "gaia online" Symbol Trademark thing in the upperleft it shines? Seems rather random.
It's supposed to encourage you to click it.
Follow the shiny glow...

Lanzer
Zweizi Galon
Good evening Lanzer! I was hoping I could get five questions answered that've been rolling around in my mind for a while now.

1. Throughout the AtA threads, we've heard mentions of a "Marriage System" in the works. Some things you've stated are that it will be located where the old Personals were in Barton Town, and that it will most likely be Flash based, instead of the original plan of HTML.

My question for you is, what is the status of this system in development? Has any progress been made on it? :O

User Image

2. In one thread you were asked if the official name for the sexy pirate NPC nicknamed "Kim" by her fans was. You had said she didn't have a name, but you did have plans for her.

Screenshot:

User Image

What are you planning for this NPC, and has she been given a name yet? I think naming her "Kim" to honor her loyal fans of years would be a great idea! biggrin

3. In the Chapter 0 manga that was recently released, there was mention of a "Doris Baudelaire" NPC, who's the head librarian of the Durem Library. Will we possibly see a Durem Library, or more of Doris Baudelaire in the future?

4. When [NPC] Mirai and Marrett, and the Gaia Aquariums system were introduced, it was revealed Mirai was the child of Logan and Agatha. Are the two married? Divorced? What's the status on their relationship? (Agatha and Logan's)

User Image

5. Last year's winner of Project Runway, Christian Siriano, ended up designing an item update for Gaia Online, themed for the Prom Event.
Do you think we might be able to get some other Project Runway designers to design some items for Gaia as well?

User Image
Marriage system is something that is being discussed, though community features are being worked on next, so you'll see things like forum/guild updates coming before that. (avatar equip system is also being worked on)

We haven't found a place for the pirate character yet, but I'll try to drop hints as soon as I do. biggrin

Ah... Logan was never married...

Being able to invite another designer would be great. Things really aligned right for the last event to happen (Christian being interested, and we have a sponsor). We'll see if things can be so lucky this year around.

Sagger-AT3
Luxord Wolf
Sagger-AT3
I hope the Zurg will be back... and if not - Gambino is my kind of guy smile

I just gradually built this avatar... only to find out (thanks to a profile comment) that I resemble Skeletor (which I had to google gonk ). I'll have to google "The Tick" now xp
You actually remind me of the blue beetle. lol
http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i152/mkabel/Beetle.jpg
Beetle dude looks awesome! even with a plastic gun smile

Lanzer
Luxord Wolf
Hey Lanzer I got a new question, and comments about last week... x]

Quote:
"Will evolving items stay in the store forever?
Unlike regular store items or Monthly Collectibles, the Cash Shop has an ever-changing selection. Some evolving items may be removed from the store before they start evolving, while others may stick around. Certain items may have more than one "series"; they may be pulled from the store for a few weeks, but be reintroduced later in different colors or with different stages of evolution."
This is in the FAQ about the EI's, and has been for over a year, yet there hasn't been a single rerelease,recoloring, or series. Has this idea been dropped? Because I think seeing a older EI that had a short life span come back and have more poses/a new set of them, or one of the most popular items, Alruna's rose (with a male spective). Would be much appreciated.
==================================
2. Also I brought up the superior form last week, how it should be depants'ed.
I got a few pm's thanking me for bringing it up, and there has been topics, and petitions about it. That I wasn't are of...
Get them off!

The drone skin doesn't have pants.
User Image

But skins on the superior form, and a few others do have to wear them... (Dionaesil, masterpieces... and probably more I can't remember And honestly there isn't much difference).

User ImageUser Image

==================================
3.Really looking forward to new male hairstyles.
Also I messed up the link to the thread I mentioned last time about it.

Masculine hairstyles that look good

Also happy Halloween. :]
Originally we thought of re-releasing older items, then when it come to practice we had a lot of new ideas to share, we've been getting feedback for us to slow down the releases, and we don't quite want to have less items and let those items be "re-hashed", so these different priorities keep pushing back each other... Right now, an alternative older item doesn't sound like the right thing to do, but maybe down the road? Can't be too certain at this point. Sorry.

Sagger-AT3
Cube B
Sagger-AT3
WaIshi
Question for Sagger-AT3:

What are your own thoughts on whether Labtech X is alive or dead?
I shouldn't skip questions.
But I shouldn't also give any information.
Not that I know the answer.
But skipping the question would look suspicious.
Saying "IDK" doesn't look good either.

Hmmm....

Let me think about it for a while...
...*slow clap*

The correct answer is to say "We'll See" Sagger. XD
That's what Lanzer did when I asked him about Werewolves. crying
Wise is Lanzer. Learn from him I should!

Lanzer
Yen Quest
I can't wait for the event to start. Only 3 days away, and it so happens to be my brother's b-day. ^w^ Haven't thought of a costume yet, wasn't thinking of trick-or-treating this year. Probably giving out candy again.

-----------------------------------

Will we get a section on the site dedicated to all artworks made by Gaia staff? Things to download like desktop wallpapers? Anytime soon?

Are the flash minigames for Halloween event going to affect the manga/plotline, like it did with the Olympics?

With our larger team we've been slow in getting things started, the admin team is tackling on quality issues, as well as trying to put up a better help system as highest priority. The person helping to organize the effort is still getting warmed up, and today we're still communicating on a one-off bases on whatever threads and posts that catches our attention. All that should change soon.

I'm trying to respond to last week's request on having more Jigsaw images (or atleast rotating them), will focus on our download section later.

Nope, Halloween won't be flash minigame based. We're hoping to bring back the minigames just for fun though.

Night shift? Some of us just work non-stop. biggrin Though most of us head home for a good night rest after 9 to 10 hours work. Everyone deserves a break.

Lanzer
Tevokkia
When the avatars were created, whose idea was it to make the male avatars' near arm stick out straight when extended, while the female avatars' arm sticks out at around a 45 degree angle? Was there a reason for it, or did they just think it looked better that way (manlier and more feminine, maybe?). Doesn't that cause more work for the artists when making handheld items?

EDIT: Nope, no costume for me. I have to work all that night!
Yes, the pose was made to emphasize on the feminine quality of girls vs guys. It does take more work but the body size and positions are already different, so it wasn't so much work that it was un-reasonable.

Lanzer
Lady Golden
Hello!

Will the NPCs ever sell old MCs/DIs from perma banned accounts in the MP so that the items don't go extinct??
Yes, it's one of the things we wanted to do. Just need to find the time to get it done. Sorry for the wait.

Sagger-AT3
WaIshi
Sagger-AT3
WaIshi
Question for Sagger-AT3:

What are your own thoughts on whether Labtech X is alive or dead?
I shouldn't skip questions.
But I shouldn't also give any information.
Not that I know the answer.
But skipping the question would look suspicious.
Saying "IDK" doesn't look good either.

Hmmm....

Let me think about it for a while...
I was just gonna see if you'd answer sweet. But please answer the others in front of me. I feel like a jerk now. xd
I answer what I can and what I know. If I skip something, it's usually because I have nothing to say...

* shuts up now *

Sagger-AT3
Zygona
Oh i got a question,
Owo Is Sagger going to be able to go to Otakon 09?
I wish... I have no idea, though. I'll probably know only about a month or two before.

Lanzer
Autumn
To anyone who can answer! Thanks!

Will we ever get a wrap around option with puzzles, or an easier way to navigate puzzles so we can choose the one we want?

Did you realize Gaia is nearing 10k in individual items and growing. Will inventory and arranger be able to support them all without crashing?

I thought Gaia was supposed to be ad free for users who donate... what's going on with it? I'm getting ads in shops now.

what happened to the toxic barrel? I haven't seen any in the MP, or in exchange. Did Gaia stop releasing them after Timmy was put in one?

P.S. Lanzer, What's been on my mind for some time now is... a while ago you mentioned you missed out on the Mochi MC. I gifted you one cause you never accepted my trade. Please let me know if you got it!<3
(Lanzer never answers this one) sweatdrop
Good point, I'll let the team know. We made an update just last week, too bad we missed the chance to slip that in.

Yes, we're very worried about the current state of the arranger and inventory system so we have a project to re-work it right now. Hoping to have a new version ready before the end of year...

Oh no! I'll need to check on that.

The toxic barrel? You want to put poor Timmy in another one again? biggrin It's around I'm sure.

Sorry I've had a lot of trade requests and I need to go through them. Thank you very much!

Looks like my time is up already! Well I hope everyone have a great time at the Halloween event. See you all next week!

Eloquent Informer

37,875 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Waffles! 25
October 27th

Lanzer
Hello everyone! Having fun in the Halloween event? Which side are you with?

Today's a crazy day as we start another beta testing period with zOMG, but it's really exciting seeing all the progress and bug fixes.

pacifisticuffs
pirhan
pacifisticuffs
pirhan
To the person who gets to choose the movies: I heart u. Christine? My hero! (Seriously, flaming car that slowly chases running teenager = epic.) The write ups are just too funny. They're killer, keep it up.

The Join Them feature is still showing. Back in June (23rd) it was said that it was most likely a friends only feature. In September (22nd) it was said that there are to be privacy settings. Currently, I am able to "Join Them" with any user on Gaia, and I would assume others can do the same for me. I would very much like to have this turned off. I wish not to resort to turning my status to always offline to avoid this. (And even then, it's glitchy.) Could you please have this looked into and give a date when this will be cleared up? Thank you. :3
Our copy writers are hilarious. When they show up in our chat rooms, we all keep our mouths shut so that we don't fall prey to having our words twisted into some potent insult lol .

Re: the join me feature, I noticed a patch was submitted to QA today that should fix that honoring your privacy settings. If our patch cycle is maintained, except to see that this week, as early as tomorrow afternoon. If not tomorrow then it *should* go out by Thursday. This is all contingent on zOMG not requiring another code freeze though.

p.s. Lanzer is sitting next to me. My laptop is way bigger than his. wink
Awesome! Thank you for the answer and I'm glad you came out tonight. heart Thank you for giving me the light at the end of the tunnel regarding the Join Them feature. I will sleep tonight knowing that there's a fix on the way.

How's it like to be back at work? Is your chair as comfy as your bike?

[re-quotes laptop comment]

Pics or it didn't happen! >:3

xd
Comfy? Hell yeah! Fun? Well, I did play zOMG today wink

I do however miss the thousands of splattered bugs on my visor.

pacifisticuffs
Just Neo
pacifisticuffs
Comfy? Hell yeah! Fun? Well, I did play zOMG today wink

I do however miss the thousands of splattered bugs on my visor.
A simple fix is to splatter bugs on your monitor (or I guess you could do it to your visor then wear it everywhere).
I actually just wear my helmet in the orifice since I tend to fall down and slip out my chair a lot.

Panagrammic
pirhan
pacifisticuffs
p.s. Lanzer is sitting next to me. My laptop is way bigger than his. wink
Pics or it didn't happen! >:3

xd
Lanzer specializes in really tiny laptops from Japan that you can't get in the United States. His last one was so small that it blew away in a breeze, so now he weights them down with stickers.

Panagrammic
Chibi Halo
Panagrammic
MrsrachaelSnape
Panagrammic
Hey, everyone! Standing by and ready to answer questions. biggrin
you know if gaia cash cards are in all best buy stores?
They're supposed to be out -- but be sure to call ahead and check if it's a drive for you. It's up to the individual store.
Can you tell that to my Best Buy then? xp

They had them out, along with several other types, when they weren't supposed to be and when they were where they had them had no cards at all. I know it's participatory and all but I used the code on mine before the ferret was officially out and I didn't get one so is there something I can do to get it now that it's out?
Can you send me a PM? We believe that we've ferretized(*) everyone that redeemed the Best Buy card with the ferret, whether or not the card was redeemed before it was "officially" out.

(*) Ferretize -- the act of giving a ferret.

Panagrammic
Ogihci Ikasoruk
ninja

Lanzer, do you know why the voting for last week's arena entries hasn't ended yet? xd
Did you check recently? It rolled over this morning.

Lanzer
MrsrachaelSnape
Hello Lanzer ! Questions :

1. Who are Rina's Parents?
2. Is Ian and Rina related in anyway?
3. Will elf potion be 100g or very cheap?
Nobody knows... she just, kind of sprung into life! biggrin

Nope

Elf potion is not the cheapest but it should definitely be accessible.

Panagrammic
iLunaria
Hello Lanzer.
When is the avatar arena going to be fixed?

Everytime I want to see the past winners I keep on getting an error message. Do you have any idea of when this is going to be fixed?
If you PM me a link we'll take a look at this.

pacifisticuffs
I_Illusion
pacifisticuffs
I_Illusion
5) I'm learning about HTML coding
&html&
&head&
&body&
Well that.. XD, how long did it take for any of your team to understand all this and know most coddings correctly?
Lessee.. I started HTML when I was in high school, waaaaay back in the early 90s. Kept it up throughout college, so I suppose it's been about 15 years now.

Practicing something for that long doesn't mean you don't goof up though lol .
Well I'm in 8th Grade... XD I guess I can be better then you if I keep working on it. P.S. Do you have any secret guides I can practice on ninja
Nope, no ninja secrets here. Just learn about web standards, accessibility and how to layer on CSS and Javascript so as not to abuse your poor HTML smile .

Panagrammic
twiterpert
Halloween Event= heart
Only thing I would have changed would be to have a "Heal" button under the avatars on each post.

So a question: Are there any plans to update the houses? Not necessarily a massive revamp, but even more items added?
The issue with houses is that it is running on an obsolete foundation at the moment, which makes it incredibly painful to fix -- the flash team would like to bring it up to the latest. I won't speak for them as to dates, but I know this is definitely something we are looking at.

Sagger-AT3
Metalic_Noodles
[long list of questions, only two of which Sagger answered]

06. Why do I only get captchas when images are turned off and/or in the AtA threads?

09. What could users do if they have their e-mail account stolen, or lose the password for it? Do they have to just accept that they can no longer change their password or recieve Gaia e-mails? I myself have lost access to a few e-mail addresses for various reasons, and have had to give up accounts on sites because I wasn't able to change the e-mail address. Any Update?
6. Pure chance, or strange confluenxe of events. Maybe the sun and moon are aligned the right way... In other words - CAPTCHA should have nothing to do with which thread you post in, or images being on or off. Run a controlled experiment - You'll see smile .

9. Right now, you have plenty of time to make sure you have access to the email address you gave Gaia, and change email addresses if you lost access to the old email. When the new security measures are put into place, there would be a special procedure to contact an admin or a moderator that would be able to help you change your email. Hopefully, that won't be a huge problem.

Lanzer
pirhan
Lanzer!

You must be so excited that zOMG is so close to being a reality. heart

I thank the powers that changed the SF forum description. Thank you! (Feel free to check out my ideas for the forum rearrangement too.) :3

To the person who gets to choose the movies: I heart u. Christine? My hero! (Seriously, flaming car that slowly chases running teenager = epic.) The write ups are just too funny. They're killer, keep it up.

The Join Them feature is still showing. Back in June (23rd) it was said that it was most likely a friends only feature. In September (22nd) it was said that there are to be privacy settings. Currently, I am able to "Join Them" with any user on Gaia, and I would assume others can do the same for me. I would very much like to have this turned off. I wish not to resort to turning my status to always offline to avoid this. (And even then, it's glitchy.) Could you please have this looked into and give a date when this will be cleared up? Thank you. :3

And Lanzer, got any literally inklings, journal wise? (wink, wink, nudge, nudge, update your journal!)

Anyways, you guys always make my day, so it's still all cool. cool

Edit: You're fast Sagger!
Yes, it's awesome to see a two year project coming to life. Still remember three years ago when we thought we'll make a "battle system" which is nothing more than a forum based game... The Halloween game is actually really close to what we had in mind.

We're fixing the "join them" function to be an option. It's already being worked on, hope to have it done soon.

My journal is almost done... it's bigger than the last one. biggrin

Lanzer
Dan Robinson
Hey Lanzer! Long time, no see! I've had fun at the Halloween event, and testing zOMG was a lot of fun, too, let me just say. I've been longing for the cemetery in Towns because I though it wa so cool last year. So, now onto my questions:

1. Is there any sign on when engraving will be up and running?

2. When will we get Aquarium items that we can buy with Gaia Gold? You know...the little golden coins that Gaia started off with. (No offense...I was merely trying to lighten to mood a bit. ;P)
Oh we have yet to get engraving up and running. We should but there are a few things that need to be fixed first, like the item re-arranging problem when equipping items...

We're giving more and more items away. Didn't mean to make it a pay feature, and it's sort of lame that we can't go fishing to get fishes for the aquarium, but things are about to change...

Panagrammic
Just Neo
Also has the inventory system been fixed so that equipped items are not moved to the end? If it hasn't, how is the fix going?
Fieryange1 is putting the final touches on this fix -- it should be in QA this week.

Virellius Corvinus
Sagger-AT3
Virellius Corvinus
Yo, Lanz. We of the Kuro Gang have a question or two... ok, two.

[two questions that Sagger didn't quote]

3. *insert non-existent question here*

Thank you very much. We all appreciate what you do.
Finally a question I can answer!

Yes, it's on my to do list, and it's coming very soon to a computer screen near you. You'll know it when you see it.
Whoa! I just saw it... or did I. O.o

Lanzer
sasamiblue
My Guild update feed back:

Ive seen some changes to the guilds I don’t know if those changes are finished but currently the changes don’t include any thing useful and are messing up whets nice about guilds

New shop update:
Love his sheep costume, but don’t like him selling items for cash only. I hate how staff members keep saying “you can get them at Market place or Daily chance for gold”its not relay a help because there’s no set price that way . I like things having a set price or if you made it so we could sell and trade for cash that would be good too. Im worried that some day the pay to play features on Gaia will out number the free ones. I know you need money but its sad every time I some new pay to play game pop up on a free website.

Here is my Halloween feedback
I liked the opening manga. There were a few parts I would have polished up a bit but don’t want to make a big long discussion in the ATA but over all it was a good start. The event its self had lots of nice moves and strategy but it lacked a lot of visual satisfactions. A combination of this event along with the fight we had with the zurg and the cows or a fight like the one we had in the kung fu panda quest would be nice. I like seeing graphics and animation or physical changes to the avatars when I fight. I also enjoyed the Zurg and Elftech events because we could talk to NPCs, PM them, give them gifts, visit them in towns etc. it was still a nice event just thought it needed more.
In the Halloween event, what was your favorite of the 4 sides?

when I was trick or treeting, the event duplicated some items I got Socks, hat, hat, socks in that order some how I don’t think Im saposed to have 2 hats in a row.

I see some NPCs in the same Halloween costumes as last year others in new ones and others in none at all when will we see all the NPCs in new costumes? Also what’s involved in updating what they say and updating the maps?
Thanks for the feedback! With zOMG so close to release we didn't get a chance to really dress up Gaia for the occasion, but be sure that we'll put more emphasis on the NPC when the dust settles. Do note that it used to be a few hours of work to make Halloween costumes for NPC before, now with so many NPC it's now a really big task to make such updates... We're still trying to find a way to manage all that.

Panagrammic
iCharismaticEnigma
LANZER! I have a question that needs serious answering!

Recently, on my mule, I have used a Gaia Cash card to purchase letters. Well on this card, I was supposed to get the new zOMG Action Box 2. And I did not get nothing. I have sent a feedback report and it has not been answered. I got the card from Rite Aid. Is this being worked on or not?
We know about the Rite Aid cards. We will push out a fix this week, and retroactively grant to everyone that redeemed the card without getting the box.

pacifisticuffs
Just Neo
Hello Gaia staff! How are you this wonderfully delicious evening?

I don't know what to ask you this evening so I'm going to pose a hypothetical question.
Hypothetical Question
Gaia staff what would you do if you fell in love with Lanzer's girlfriend?
Also has the inventory system been fixed so that equipped items are not moved to the end? If it hasn't, how is the fix going?
I've been sweet talking her since I met her, and she's yet to succumb to my advances. I'm going to try dressing as Lanzer on Halloween to see if that will improve my chances.

Lanzer
emorexic-pimp
Hi lanzer [edit] and Sagger[/edit]!
No fersrs questions this week…. With zOMG launching and all that, I'll need some time to take things in before asking anything…
So anyway, on with the questions!
1) how long will headstart tickets last (more importantly, how long till I can get in?)
2) did you ever get that Halloween costume? (if so, what is it?)
3) after being unbearably cold for a week, it finally snowed today!
Do you like snow or sunshine better? (aka winter or summer)
4) WHY NO WEREWOLVES?!
5) when will the next Halloween manga be coming (you've said the staff was busy making them for a few weeks now, so I expect at least 1 more!) oh, and how will gambino's mansion blow up this year?
6) why does nicu have a costume already, but mirai, sasha, the casino dealers, and someone else don't?
7) are you guys partying over there now that zOMG is public; or are you working even harder to make it work?
8 ) what starter ring should I choose (the help other one)… I couldn't really decide in closed beta…
9) who made the event items? Some of them were just amazing… (especially the glompbie ones… and the vampire ones… but the vamp ones were the obvious choice)
10) what was the name of that orchestra the zOMG team worked with? They're amazing /musicnerd
11) got all your candy ready for Halloween?
12) guild updates happening nao? I see some changes already!
13) I just had to end it on 13… it's the week of halloween

Since this Friday is Halloween and all, I figured now would be a good time to go ahead and say this
HAPPY (EARLY) HALLOWEEN EVERYBODY!
The "golden ticket" will last till the actual release of zOMG.

No, I think I'll shop online tonight. Couldn't find time for it.

I can't stand the cold, and I prefer room temperature to be a little warmer (74 degrees) but then I love being out in the cold and I love the snow. Makes me happy to see everything being white, and I love skiing, building snow man, snow house, snow ball fight, just anything you can imagine. biggrin If I have a choice I would prefer to have both snow and sunshine, not just sunshine all year long.

Can't have them every year, werewolves will have their chance to shine. smile

New manga is on its way.

Too many NPC, so we can't handle everything

Murphy's law predict that something will go wrong, so we're all geared up to fix bugs and address people's woes. The party comes way later.

Think I should move to the next set of questions, in fact, I usually end at the third one. ^^;

SimplySimone
emorexic-pimp
Hi lanzer [edit] and Sagger[/edit]!
No fersrs questions this week…. With zOMG launching and all that, I'll need some time to take things in before asking anything…
So anyway, on with the questions!
1) how long will headstart tickets last (more importantly, how long till I can get in?)
6) why does nicu have a costume already, but mirai, sasha, the casino dealers, and someone else don't?
I'll jump in here...

1) We have not yet determined how long the headstart tickets will last, but we'll be posting updates to the Official Announcement, so be sure to watch for updates.

6) Some of the NPCs just weren't feeling creative this year. It's kinda tragic, really.

Lanzer
Luxord Wolf
Hey Lanzer.

1) Are there still staff working on unisexing items? Its hard to tell, since the only way to find out anything like that being worked on is if someone says it on the forums. X_x

I think the Lunar Cowl should have these poses available to both genders.
User ImageUser Image

2)While on the subject of not knowing things... Gaia calendar? Maybe post when you guys plan on releasing something. Like "Cash shop update today, new evolving item, box... Shop update..." Could be helpful. I know me and some other people couldn't get bags of win, since it was released on a like a Wednseday. Which personal would be better placed on a Friday since most people get paid on that day... So knowing things like that could be helpful, cut down on some announcements, and maybe bring in more profit.

Lanzer
...we've been getting feedback for us to slow down the releases....
3).^^You said this last week. I agree with it, you guys do put out a lot of evolving items.So I can see why people complain. It also doesn't help that users that buy older gens of items, are often left forgotten. My orindae took several months to fully evolve. It skipped two or three poses. It sometimes takes a few weeks past its normal rate, for older gens to even evolve. So releasing new evolving items really doesn't help when it appears gaia can't keep track of its previous items. ._.

4) Superior form. >_<
Juno and her team are still working on it a small set at a time. It wouldn't make sense to unisex everything, but we're working down from a popularity list.

Thanks for the feedback, we'll look into it.

Gaia calendar is definitely something that should help. It's been too chaotic on our end managing the releases. We've got too many people with ideas and we're still trying to manage a good release schedule. sad

Lanzer
iymcool
Good evening G Staff! I hope y'all are all well and excited for today's big release of the long awaited Battle System/zOMG! Tonight I have a question. As a beta tester I tested out zOMG for several weeks and found the system refreshing and quite exciting. However, I've also heard from others that it's already been beaten by some testers before it was released to the public.

My question is: Will the game be forever growing or will there just be small additions here and there?
zOMG's release marks the beginning of the core engine and framework. Lots more work are planned in adding more gameplay, areas to explore, monsters, and maybe one day it'll have more linkage to the existing Towns and other flash features. The zOMG team will never stop working. :O

Lanzer
kaykeyser
Now ZOMG is almost out, what’s the staff doing with the free time? are you starting projects that were perversely too small to fuss over? Or do you have some thing big planned?

Do you have a catch phrase? Some thing you always say around the office that your well known for?

What inspires your plots and what’s planed next event?

If you had to give up a feature on Gaia because you could no longer afford it, what would be 1st to go?

Will we get to learn more about Doris Baudel and places like Jorts-n-Skorts?

There has been a lot of legal talk in the news about people going to jail for hacking on other virtual game worlds can trolls, scriptures or hackers on Gaia also be punished by the real world legal system?

People in the GCD have noticed changes in the art style of the comics between 04 and now, what’s the reason and who’s word is final in making a comic?

Hypothetically, is you had a huge budget and wanted to do a live action Gaia movie, what actors would you ideally want to cast in different NPC roles?

Are there any plans for a ghost or pirate related plots?

I saw some staff photos of a green inflatable chair have you had that thing in the pool yet?

What’s your prediction for what will happen next on heroes?
zOMG's team will remain busy with updates and expansions, but lots of people were pulled to support zOMG, and those people should be able to help us work on Gaia's main features once more. Expect things to be worked on that will affect our avatar, shops, forums, guilds, and a lot more.

Catch phrase? Darknrgy used to mimic me saying "oh I see..."

We have a big group going over ideas, but a lot of it is driven by what we think the members want or what the members are asking for.

Hmm, whatever we have to cut we've already taken off-line. Anyone remember the Gaia Personals?

Definitely!

Legal talk? Would be interesting but our lives aren't that interesting just yet. biggrin We have no huge grudge against hackers, but we do want the gold selling sites to stop and we will talk to their ISP and stuff to have those sites shut down.

Thanks for writing!

SimplySimone
nusauer43n
Tevokkia
nusauer43n
Hey Lanzer, I have a BIG problem. I mean HUGE! I haven't been able to trade, give gifts, or use the marektplace because "my trading pass is disabled". It's been this way since February, I think. Help! gonk
No need to spam, honey. [nusauer43n posted the same thing twice. -Platonix] Lanzer and the others will get to what they can. Have you submitted reports with your problem already?
Yes, I have. I've ven sent some of the admin PMs, but still no answer!
Please send a message to General Inquiry for assistance with this.
SimplySimone
nusauer43n
Thanks, Simone ^^ But what do I go on after General Inquiry?
On the General Inquiry page, scroll to the bottom and click the last link. Type in a description of what you need assistance with. I'm assuming you don't know why your trades were disabled, so if that's the case, you may want to ask why and see if you can get help getting them re-enabled.

Lanzer
armadillodreamer
Hey Lanzer! Will zOMG open up to users in time for everyone to get a crack at earning a Oh My Gumball? Or is that an exclusive item for Head Start ticket holders?

EDIT: Hey Pan and Saggar! You guys are quick this week!
I think so, after the initial phase we'll be opening up to all members slowly, starting with the users who had been on the site for the longest time.

Lanzer
MrsrachaelSnape
Panagrammic
Hey, everyone! Standing by and ready to answer questions. biggrin
you know if gaia cash cards are in all best buy stores?
Nope, not yet, apparently they won't be ready until 2009.

Lanzer
T h e s t e p H
Zeitgeist is awesomely addictive! Don't ever let it go!
The event is good, and I'm decidedly human, and I'm very glad to see that it wasn't neglected in favour of last minute zOMG! tweaks. But next year, could the NPCs get new costumes? A big part of the fun of the Halloween event for me [and several others] was seeing what new costumes the NPCs were decked out in.

Now, to my questions~
As a fanthreader that's been left to molder in the FC, I'm curious to know:

-does it bother anyone else that fanthreads, who promoted Gaia Community related Discussions, have been dumped off in a forum that prohibits discussions? Or that no thought was given to the notion that some of them might have been legitimate discussion threads, not Hang-Out Threads, and followed GCD guidelines?

-has there been any further consideration regarding a fanthread subforum or a forum reserved for discussions about Gaia's storylines, characters, etc.

-realistically, will there ever be any reason to expect some little justice and consideration for the dedicated fanthreads that were unjustifiably misplaced in the wrong forum? Or are we just kidding ourselves that we'd could expect such consideration- ever?
Yeah we'll need to manage how many NPC to dress up for next year. Hard to dress up as we have so many characters. Maybe we'll have a poll?

The discussion about the placement on fanthreads is actually a big discussion that lasted for more than three months in the staff discussion area. We drove to the conclusion knowing that it's not the best solution, but it's a compromise, and we're still open to other ideas and solutions.

Lanzer
Haya Plum
drat, missed first post again! LOL rofl

Edit; top of page two! YAY!

HAPPY HALLOWEEN LANZER!!!

I made you and all of Gaia a Halloween gift on my Rhino program.

User Image

I didn't want to strech the page so these are the are the origional size files. :nod:

Png:

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y87/silvercrown/gaia-halloween-pngfile.png

Jpg:

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y87/silvercrown/gaia-halloween-fullsize.jpg

surprised It would have turned out better, and creeper if I used my other textures insted of photos I took around the yard and textures I built in photoshop.
(Wanting to be 100% sure everything copyright sue proof so you can re use this image)

Gamino's face was the hardest to build. I have photos of me tracing an image and colouring it to make the Jack-o-lanttern vershion, then tracingthat onto a sheet of clear plasting, then tapping that to my monitor so I could draw it with my mouse with one of the line drawing tools. >_<
Very low tech method... but it works!
( ninja Has photo's of that too)

I love how rock puppy turend out. He's so cute.
And the scary devil shadow from the tree happened unexpectedly, lol.

Lanzer, this is my gift you and the rest of gaia so you now hold all copyright on them- just be sure to upload them to your own image hosting site incase I delete them. xd

I'd be overwhelmed with happyness if you could use this on halloween somewhere, long in page could use alittle dressing up lol.
(If you need proof images pm me and I'll upload them)
Thank you for the picture, I'm printing it out as I speak. biggrin

lanzer
Miss Fro
Oh mighty Lanzer, who came up with the NPC undies?That's possibly one of my favorite items.

The Halloween event is great! It reminds me of the good parts of 2k5. whee

Oh I forgot! How do you feel about all the NPC fans? Do you think we're a little crazy? Afterall they are fictional. I'm a Louie fan and heck I see how silly it is but still.
I don't think it's our idea, but from popular demand...

I'm a fan of many movies, anime, games and their characters. I think that enjoying any characters, fictional or real, allow us to be inspired and to one day be creative ourselves. Imagine a great artist who hates art... doesn't happen! I remember making games because I was into other games, drawing for the first time because I was a fan of a character. There's more good in fandom than the other way which is someone looking at me with a blank face and asking "I don't know why you're doing all this". biggrin

SimplySimone
pirhan
[after some small talk with SimplySimone]
Got any neat things on your desk? Do you like to sniper other staffers with elastic bands?
Haha! Well, let's see, I have a farting panda, a giant magna doodle, and a company issued Nerf gun (along with a bunch of other random toys). Whenever there's a bit of downtime, I like to spur Nerf attacks on "innocent" victims who sit around me. biggrin

And on that note, I gotta go home. I just got shot. Twice.

Lanzer
twiterpert
Halloween Event= heart
Only thing I would have changed would be to have a "Heal" button under the avatars on each post.

So a question: Are there any plans to update the houses? Not necessarily a massive revamp (although that would be awesome!), but even more items added? I understand there's been alot going on, but please tell me it's on that ever expanding "Things to Do" list.
If I can wiggle a magic wand, I would fix the housing system to use flash instead of director, but then I would also make the Towns system better, or build an arcade for the flash games, or make a place to connect all our flash features together... yikes! My to-do list is always more than what we can handle. biggrin Though we're not forgetting housing.

Thanks for attending this week's ATA thread everyone, have fun trick or treating!

Eloquent Informer

37,875 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Waffles! 25
November 3rd

Lanzer
Hello everyone,

How's your halloween weekend? What did you dress up as? I ended up getting a sumo suit! biggrin Will post some photos later. Let's get started!

Buki
Cube B
Buki
Evening everyone smile
HAI BUKI!

Any idea on when we'll be seeing more Orcs? I miss Bob. crying
I'm not sure when but I miss Bob too sad

Buki
MrsrachaelSnape
Buki
Evening everyone smile
Hello! Did you dress up for Halloween?
Yes! I dressed as a flapper for Halloween. smile

User Image

Lanzer
MrsrachaelSnape
Hey Lanzer !Thanks to all the staff that worked on Zomg .It's amazing and helping me with my quest by selling things within the game. heart

My questions are:

1. Will the mini UFO fly again and the cloud hover? Wasn't it tested out yet how it will effect in Zomg?

2. Where is La Victoire located in? Barton?

3. Now that Zomg is over what's next?

yay your a elf
Quite possibly, but not today.

La Victorie is "in Gaia" but not "in Barton" actually. I think it was meant to be in Durem.

More expansion for zOMG, and lots of work remains for the flash group to make Towns/games better. Others are focusing on community stuff.

Lanzer
QueenFey
Hi, how are you Lanzer? How is everyone?

1)What are your favorite rings so far?
2)Will we have a new interactive item soon?
I like all the effects on the rings, in particular all the buff rings.

Not right away, we have plans for other types of items...

Lanzer
sasamiblue
ZOMG feed back

Guilds and ZOMG both still have all kinds of problems that are making my life hard but I know your working on it, I love the flood of New NPCs! Getting to meat Leon’s co-workers friends and family and all the other new faces is existing! I cant wait to see them in the plots or forums!
Will you be updating the World map to resemble ZOMG’s maps?
Why rings? Why not use weapons, armor, items and herbs like every other RPG? You could have taken existing items and applied stats. to them .

I also had an idea for NPC friendships and dating. In other words, if you chose some one in ZOMG and complete a number of quests you get a badge and special items if you keep doing that person’s quests for a year or more you get a lover badge. Once you get the lover badge the NPC who gave it to you will ask you to play games like jigsaw, towns, cards, pinball, rally etc show up next to you when you play. If you go on a number of dates in a row and don’t say any thing to hurt any one’s feelings, you get an item that lets NPCs stand next to you as an equitable item, like how orphans work. Or you could give up love and help NPCs become friends/lovers with each other and get a match maker item. Also being rewarded with sexy photos of NPCs or store discounts or love letters in the PM box, would be almost as fun as items.

On an other question trick or treating and market place have been rewarding me with duplicated items and mods haven’t answered my PMs maybe you can get some one on it or tell me who to contact by name?

Will Gaia make other political masks for the years in the past? I would love to see Bush, Clinton, cheney, JFK, Washington, lincon, ford, Volvo….or give us some non-Americans….you could even make a mask that had all the presidents of one party on it, give us more for our money. …also non-American or totally made up holidays would be fun also.
Not right now, the current map system need a lot of updating. We will probably retire the old map and start fresh with the zOMG map.

Rings don't restrict people in wearing one way or another, nor will it affect prices of items artificially, so we stick to a new system.

Other masks... probably not, unless many users ask for them. We thought it's fun since it's such a big topic right now. Though I do agree that Bush mask would be pretty awesome...

Panagrammic
Fvr
Any word on the inventory system rewrite?? The constant reloading has been driving me CRAAAZY! @_@
First on the dock is to fix the random rearranging, and then we want to speed up the inventory pages -- those should hit QA either this week or next week. The complete rewrite of the inventory system won't be done this year, probably, but you'll like it when it's done. biggrin

Lanzer
Ahiru Arima
User Image
EDIT -

Hello Lanzer! :'D I hope your Halloween was dandy and all. c: I was able to dress up as C.C from Code Geass. xD;

Anywaay, it's time for a reallly simple question

Have you ever heard of the anime Keroro Gunso ( Sgt. Frog ) before? :'D
Yeah I got a Keroro figure, and some of the earlier manga. I really like the artist and had been reading his manga for many years, been a manga nerd for many years.

Panagrammic
Metalic_Noodles
/insert M_N's usual long list of questions here/
08. What could users do if they have their e-mail account stolen, or lose the password for it? Do they have to just accept that they can no longer change their password or recieve Gaia e-mails? I myself have lost access to a few e-mail addresses for various reasons, and have had to give up accounts on sites because I wasn't able to change the e-mail address. Any Update?(Sagger, what about people who lose access to e-mails, like lose a password, after the change? If they can loose access in the first place, why not lose it after the upade as well?)
The mods can help you with this -- put in a general inquiry request.

pirula
for everyone asking about inventory re-write -- yes! we are working on it!

Edy (one of the other devs on the project) started a thread in Site Feedback for your input, and we have also been reading the many other feedback and petition threads about inventory.

We are starting by addressing the issues of equipped items moving and the order not staying how you put it. Some of those changes are very close to being done, but it takes time to test and make it out to the site.

Beyond that, we are looking at how to scale the whole inventory page. Gaia has a lot more item types than we used to, with zOMG and aquarium, not to mention load times are already painful for some as it is. We are looking at ways to help you put your inventory into manageable pieces, and want your ideas and feedback. I will be putting major updates in my journal, to, as the project moves along (we are just starting...)

Lanzer
Reichiru Tomoe
QUESTION 1:

How are the edit threads any better than the fan threads? I don't understand why topics that promote ZERO discussion get to stay and actually be given a thumbs up by the community spotlight, but threads that had every intention of discussing something relevant to the plot were moved.

One of the responses I got as to why the mods didn't want to deal with fan threads and permanent threads anymore was because they were too big to moderate... but wouldn't that go for the edit threads as well? I doubt those stay on topic all the time. And I doubt the mods check them vigorously.

I just don't understand the double standard.

And at the very least, why can't they be all in one stickied topic as opposed to people making a new one every time there is a comic update. It's really obnoxious.

QUESTION 2:
You said in the last AtA that you were open to suggestions regarding fan threads and permanent threads... but how do we go about voicing suggestions we might have?

QUESTION 3:

Why no love for third party candidates in your polls and election fervor? I felt completely left out being given only the options of McCain or Obama with no "other" option.

And is it really fair for Gaia to take a biased stance on something that high profile?
The fan threads issue is still being discussed, and some of us are hoping that the sticky would work but I understand that might not be suffice. Please bear with us and we're still listening for feedback.

All political masks were made from popularity, if many Gaians ask for them we'll definitely make more, we couldn't quite afford the time to make the whole set so we did the best we could.

Lanzer
Hukuzo
When can we expect some new zOMG ring sets? As in combinations of rings that give stat boosts.
Ah, Qixter can answer this one, as I try to play the game as a player and I haven't figured it out yet. biggrin

Lanzer
stellacadente
Halloween was fun, but zOMG! is funner! Grammar is for nerds! Gimme orbs!

Any word on when/if we’ll get potions for Dark Elf and Glompie skins? You look adorable as a dark elf, btw. No, that’s not sucking up … much.

We sure missed Gaia at Youmacon over the weekend, at the beautiful new HUGE hotel!

Sumo Lanzer? Musta been a BIG SUIT!! lol. because yer so skinny.
Soon, need to ask Fleep and CP to make them. biggrin

The sumo suit is inflatable!

Lanzer
Simplistic-Tyranny
First off, I want to thank you for finally releasing the battle system. heart It's been something I've been looking forward to for 3 years. However, I seem to have issues with it .

If possible, can you tell me ( or any of the developers who tested it) the system specs on the computers the staff used to test it out? I have 4 computers in my household and none of them can run zOMG. D: My computer personally gives me the blue-screen of death when I play it, and the other two won't even load. D: The fourth is just because it's actually using Windows 98SE still. xd I only ask this because I feel sad that all my friends are so busy playing the game and I'm jealous I can't join them. xp

Also. Why does the headstart ticket automatically soulbind to your account when you enter the game? I had bought one to try out the game and then sell it back for profit, then discovered the soulbind lock prevents that. Was there any mention of this when they came out? I don't recall such, and had I known it would be soulbound to my account after use, I wouldn't have forked over so much pure to get one. sad

Second: With the Election being tomorrow, and the releases of the Red Elephant and Blue Donkey, there was a lot of flack from what I saw after their release about how the third parties were snubbed. Did the staff even consider the other candiates like Bob Barr and Ralph Nader? I mean, just because Obama and McCain are the main choices doesn't mean that the other's don't deserve a chance.

Third: Is there any plans to fix the fact that Santa is still a Cow? Or is he doomed to suffer as one of the long forgotten NPCs? Speaking of rather unknown NPCs to the newer members: Is there any plans to have NPC's like Lex, Meredith and the like to make more apperances in the Manga or mini-storylines? I'd love to see more of them.
Hmm, I think the minimum requirement is a PC with at least 1Ghz CPU and 500M of RAM. I would recommend 1.5G hertz with 1G of RAM. Anything less the flash engine cannot handle. Flash runs on all machines and is widely available, but isn't really optimized to run fast...

Sorry the soulbound aspect was implemented after we found some abuse instances.

The candidate masks were made to answer demands, not to imply our political stance. If given the time, we'd make more but the Halloween and zOMG schedules didn't allow us to.

Yes we're focusing on Santa again this year. So good news for all Santa fan. smile

Lanzer
Okage-chan
Is there any chance that Alruna or Anurla could be a guest host for the EI report?
Or any EI mascot for that matter?
We are still working on the Timmy plotline, but will definitely consider other guests in the near future. :3

Lanzer
Zweizi Galon
Good evening Lanzer and staff! Nice job on the Halloween event. heart

Tonight I have four questions I would love to hear answers for.

1. I have to say I am sorely dissapointed that zOMG! has been released, yet we still do not have a Weapons Shop! Every weapon we have on Gaia right now is either a past event item, an MC, or a pose on an EI or cash item.

Which mean,s you either were at the event and got a weapon, or you paid cash for it. Personally, I think that's just plain silly. We were supposed to have the Weapons Shop done by now! gonk

My question is, when will Weapons Shop finally be released??

User Image

2. When asked about the status of Logan and Agatha's relationship, you had stated:
Quote:
"Logan's never been married..."
However, you failed to mention Agatha on this one.

Is Agatha currently, or has she ever been, married? If yes, was it to Edmund?

User Image

3. It seems as though every time I read a plot update, its about Ian or Johnny Gambino. Aside from zOMG!, which seems to be its own seperate storyline.

The one plot which I wish the developers would make, is about the mystery of Peyo's father!

Will we ever see a plot about Ruby, Peyo & Peyo's father?

User Image

4. Many users were sorely dissapointed that we did not get to pick an Orc side or get an Orc skin this Halloween event.

Since they were so popular during the Summer Event, does Gaia have any more plans for the Orcs, or have any intentions of giving the skin to users?
Yes I'm also disappointed with the lack of weapon items on Gaia. With all the releases and events we keep missing out on details. We haven't forgotten to have the RPG and weapon based items.

Agatha's story was meant to be told later, so I don't want to spoil it for everyone just yet.

Ruby and Peyo were also under the radar, at the same situation where we want to tell their story through a quest. Sorry for the wait.

Sorry there weren't any Orcs this event. Will probably need to wait for 2009 for more opportunity to be Orcs.

Lanzer
kaykeyser
If “Lanzer specializes in really tiny laptops from Japan that you can't get in the United States. His last one was so small that it blew away in a breeze, so now he weights them down with stickers”…..can some one post a photo of said lap top?
People in the GCD have noticed changes in the art style of the comics between 04 and now, what’s the reason and who’s word is final in making a comic?

Hypothetically, is you had a huge budget and wanted to do a live action Gaia movie, what actors would you ideally want to cast in different NPC roles?

Are there any plans for a ghost or pirate related plots?

What’s your prediction for what will happen next on heroes?
No pictures, the flash will probably blow the laptop away. biggrin
I have the Panasonic R6, it's not the US version though, that one is heavier strangely.

All I know is that I want Tom Cruise to be in the movie.

Pirates for sure, dunno about ghosts outside of Halloween...

No, it started leaking air and that was the end of it. ToT

More personality swap! Good become good, bad become good, and some hidden character become the new evil guy... current plot seem to be a big shuffleboard right now. Feels like Syler cut his own head open and swapped it with a good guy. biggrin

Hope everyone had fun at the Halloween event. Hope all should be able to play zOMG by next week!
hi i wanted to know how you get rid of emails sent from gaia?

Eloquent Informer

37,875 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Waffles! 25
blume12345
hi i wanted to know how you get rid of emails sent from gaia?
Um...you mean other than deleting them?
Perhaps you mean how to stop Gaia from sending you emails? I'd suggest opening the My Gaia menu, selecting "Account Settings" and then "Alerts", and unchecking some checkboxes. That might work.

Eloquent Informer

37,875 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Waffles! 25
November 10th

Lanzer
Hi everyone!

zOMG is finally released last week. What do you think of the game? The game is barely finished and we still have some polishing to do, but I hope that it'll be great once all the tweaking is done.

-Lanzer

Sagger-AT3
Luxord Wolf
Sagger-AT3
LabTech David
Hey Lanzer, How are you?
I have a question for you. How come the Tattoo system is down?
Once again, I cut in line, and grab easy to answer questions before Lanzer gets them...

The tattoo exchange is down because we broke it when we launched the back alley bargains recipe exchange... We'll fix it as soon as we can.
Is that also why the game tab in trades isn't working? sweatdrop
(Oops, took me a long time to get back, got sidetracked by someone, sorry).

Game tab and zOMG! tab in trades should be back up even before the tattoos. The fix is ready, and we'll push it out as soon as we can.

Lanzer
MrsrachaelSnape
Hello lanzer ! My questions are :

1. For the Halloween event there was trick or treating in Zomg .Will there be for the Christmas event something in zomg as well?

2. Which do you prefer demonic or angelic items ?

3. Is Rina or any NPC an Evolving Item? biggrin
Yes there will be some tie-in one way or another, Qixter is looking through his list of features and bugs to fix and thinking how to fit Christmas features into his to-do list. biggrin But we'll have something fun by December.

Angelic, I like being the good guy. biggrin

They all evolve, but in much longer intervals. ^^;

Lanzer
Luxord Wolf
Hey Lanzer.

Any chance of turing GIM off during zomg? I can't even play it because every 5 minutes GIM shuts off, lags the
game. By the time I can move/see anything I am dead. I kinda stopped playing since I can't get anything accomplished.
It would be nice to have options, instead of forcing the feature into the game... *sigh*

Also when is the next salon update? :3

Superior form depants'ed.... >_>

Rawr *goes to watch heroes*
Wow, that sounds like a problem we need to fix right away, and if we can't fix it fast, we'll work on making it optional.

I'm pushing for weapons, after that I'll push for salon updates.

I haven't watched last week's episode yet! >o<

SimplySimone
Platonix
I've been building up questions lately! Here are three that might require different Gaia Staff members to answer. sweatdrop

——————————————————————————————

Thank you for Cindy Donovinh's GCD Community Resources Thread! Since this is basically an admin-run version of mod-emeritus Triskdaemon's Sticky "[INFO] - Community Resources", will that thread eventually get unstickied or even Recycled?
I'll take this one...
Cool, glad you like it -- big thanks to some of the Mods for putting that together for us. smile And yes, it is highly likely that "[INFO] - Community Resources" will be de-stickied.

Lanzer
I_Illusion
Damm this addicting, super laggy zOMG! ._. I was playing it so much I missed the last Ask a Admin.
Well I have my questions.

1) Will zOMG be bring us rare and super limited time only rings in the cash shop? I don't mind this as long the max price would be 1.99 tops but only for a super powerful ring.
2) o.o, ok ima sorta mad... And happy... The new baby's allows us to raise our own kid now. But is it really gonna be a Baby > child > teen > adult thing? Or will we get super intelegent baby's like in those movies I remember seeing when I was 4? Any hints or anything to tell us how the baby's are gonna turn out? Or you don't want to spill any hints?
3) How's Locke doing? I heard his eye exploded *gwd I couldn't even Imagine how that would look like.... Sweeet....* How's he doing? Did you shoot him with any waterguns when he came back >.> XD?
4) Any hints on what Story Infernal spirit is based off of. *try and give me samples like, its based in the year 1,200 or it's about black knights ect.* I'm itchying to know o.o
5) Ive been trying to research movies comming out from people that been giving you offers to Advertise with items and trailers ect. Why not the new Dragonball Z movie comming out? Your connected with 20th Century Fox right? >.> I'm sure many people would be pleased to see more anime advertisment on gaia ^_^

That's all I got >.> other then the super laggy zOMG that's keep slowing down on me every minute or so I have nothing else.... I hope you enjoy your nice week ^_^
I don't think any particular rings are cash shop only, but need to check.

Heh, it won't be too out of the world, but it's always fun to keep up.

Yes L0cke's eyes exploded, but they're growing back now.

That I don't know, will need to ask the artist, I might know by next week.

We talked about the Dragon Ball movie actually, nobody talked to us yet but it would be a fun title to work with. I'd like a Kamehameha item.

SimplySimone
Gloria Kyrie
Hi Lanzer!
Will that new community resources sticky ever be updated? Thanks for making it, at least people will know the fanthreads still exist...just not here. confused
Yes, the new GCD Community Resources sticky will be kept up to date. It is likely that the old one will be de-stickied.

SimplySimone
SpaceTerminal Destiny
Hiya staff!

I have a question or two. They both, however, relate to the forums and the Forum fairy.

1) The FF, in the ED, was asking our opinion on a fifth sub-forum. Do you expect to open it, Anthropology and History, in the foreseeable future, as there was many a response for it?

2) The FF, in the GD, asked on spliting the GD into GD (Discussion-only) and GD (same as usual). DO you know when that would happen, because that was in the poll?
1) Not sure about this one.

2) The changes to the GD are on hold for now.

Lanzer
Metalic_Noodles
01. Will it not get confusing to have both Battle zOMG groups AND in-guild mods both be called crew?
02. Since we have to loot dead bodies for our items/drops in Battle zOMG, will we be able to poke them? If yes, will we need or get a stick item to poke them with? (Not asking about loot, but about poking.)
03. Would it be possible to make a trophy out of a dead monster body? Or drag a body to a vendor NPC who will make it into a trophy for a fee?
04. If Battle I mean zOMG will work on any computer and internet connection that can run towns or rallys, what about the approx. 54% of Gaia that can't get Towns to load properly, or let them do anything in it?

05. What is going to be changed in the GGN update? I know that there will be a lot of back-end changes, but any front-end changes to look forward to? Like Guild Mass PMs, being able to see past join requests, or anything else?
I personally dislike the new, less colorful buttons that I've been seeing around.

06. Why do the vampire skins have such a large head, except with some items?

07. What is the fourth arena if 'writing' is the fifth in Arenas2.0? (Art, Avatar, and homes are the first three)
Yeah there's a bit of confusion there, but it's much better than calling zOMG groups as "guilds" already. We spent hours going through names trying to think what's a good name for grouping in zOMG...

Well I think the looting part works pretty magically, one thing that drives me nuts in other games is the aspect of picking up loots. It's such a chore and causes so much drama ...

There will be something kind of like that, but not exactly a "trophy".

The alternative is to build zOMG in flat text, but it'll probably be a lot less fun. biggrin I am hoping that one day that Gaia and zOMG would work on cell phones.

Updates will be more focused on unifying guild and forum backend, making all current featuers on forum show up in Giulds, and add more management features that Guild owners had been asking for.

Lanzer
LabTech David
Hey Lanzer, How are you?
I have a question for you. How come the Tattoo system is down?
Something to do with item database I think. It's hard to tell what broke the feature but we're working on fixing it.

SimplySimone
April Laffurty
Hello Gaia Staff, I've got three questions for you:

1. About the account security changes: my password is 21 character long and contains not only letters (both cases) and numbers, but also other characters (&, *, ?...), just in case. Would it be accepted?

2. How much time does it takes to write those "EI Report" and "Aquarium Update" announcements, from the brainstorm to when it's finally posted in the forums?

3. So, Mirai is inspired from Crazy Spork I Am. Does that mean Barrett = kirfyUFO? Anyway, he looks like Ray Stantz of Ghostbusters. He even has his childlike enthusiasm!

Thanks!
1. The other characters may cause issues with Trades, so you may want to stick with numbers and letters for now.

2. We have some *crazy* writers (and I mean that in the most loving way possible), but it probably takes a couple/few hours for the EI reports. Unless they have something already dreamed up, then they're faster. I don't know for sure though. The Aquarium Updates are probably faster than that.

3. Not sure about this one.

Lanzer
emorexic-pimp
it's a GREAT game... definitely worth the wait some users have had!

1) do you have a clan for zOMG yet?
2) does pizza guy have a real account? can I be on pizza guy's friends list? Who do I have to beg?
3) does he have a point? Or is he just for running away every time I see him?
4) OMG RUDY IN CENEMAS!
I've never actually seen the movie before, but my gym teacher last year was the real Rudy's brother… if you're smart, you never bring it up around him I'm told >.>
</not a question>
5) can you reveal the name of the artist behind the titans legacy yet? Or do we have to keep guessing?
6) what do the other businesses in your building do?
7) what's your favorite area in zOMG so far?
8 ) OH MY GOD I FIGURED OUT THE SECRET URL TO EDIT POSTS WITHOUT THE EDIT BUTTON!!! -- any word on when that glitch of it not showing up/showing up in the wrong places will be fixed?
Not officially, just testing stuff out.

There isn't as much secret to the pizza guy as you think, so don't worry about it. biggrin

It is one of our off-site artist but I don't know his Gaia username. Will need to ask for it but haven't got a chance to. Sorry!

Other people in our building include a semi-conductor company, a Japanese telephone company (NTT), and a broadband provider company. They all wear suits to work!

The underwater stage is great, though I haven't got there yet.

If you found a bug, please mention it in the contact-us page and we'll get on it ASAP. Thanks!

SimplySimone
armadillodreamer
Hey Lanzer and Co.! Have you considered putting a "pause" button in zOMG? Sometimes I am suddenly called away (perhaps by the phone) and return to find that I'm dazed. sad
You could go to the Null Chamber and then return to where you were previously. It's kind of like pausing the game, but keeps you safe while you're AFK (away from keyboard).

Lanzer
sasamiblue
Gaia doesn’t always make Announcement when new things come out. Some times Gaia puts some thing new on Gaia then lets the GCD make a thread about it, lets other people learn about it that way and after its old news it gets Announced. Whats up with that?
Your green inflatable chair leaked air and you lot it! What a tragedy! Maybe you can get a bean bag or a large sculpted hand? maybe a stone chair with lion arm rests?
When will we see major guild updates? You said Guild updates would come out with ZOMG but so far all we got were new bunion graphics and some bugs.
Qixter has a post about Maintenance completed! Servers open! But Im still getting map load time out in dead man’s pass, game freeze up and server disconnects in Zen guerdons, both making moving forward in the game impossible do you have any suggestions for me to fix things on my end or should he fix things on his end?
Will ZOMG ingredients, power ups, rings and orbs, s be in Daily chance?
The new ZOMG comic was nice and I get the art style. But I don’t know if I want to see a lot of mangas that are in that funky art style. I like it when the new manga art style matches the old one so they can cute and paste and go together.
Sometimes we make mistakes where code (features) get published by engineers since they follow a very strict release schedule (for stability purpose, that's why site crash much less now), but when that happens, the group which control posting either mis-match the timing or don't get a chance to post. Other times we have soft launch where we let a smaller group of users to test it before release.

We have many bean bags in the office. biggrin There's even one with my name on it.

Guild updates definitely are not scheduled to come out with zOMG. They're done by very different teams and schedules are different too. There was probably a mix-up somewhere.

zOMG still experience bugs here and there, my guess is that it's probably our bugs that should be fixed in an upcoming build.

Probably in the near future, right now we're still testing out how often certain items should drop within the game.

Lanzer
Lissianthus
Hello Lanzer!

The Halloween event(s) were wonderful, and zOMG is super fun! I hope you all know how much we appreciate these awesome projects you guys slave over.

Quick question: Is the removal of the zOMG tab from the trade screen permanent?
Thank you! Everyone worked extremely hard for both features and events.

Should not be, sounds more like a bug.

Sagger-AT3
emorexic-pimp
hey sagger...
what's your CL in zOMG right now?
I think I'm 4.0, maybe I managed to get up to 4.1 already. I'm playing it waaaaay too much xp

The Forum Fairy
SpaceTerminal Destiny
Hiya staff!

I have a question or two. They both, however, relate to the forums and the Forum fairy.

1) The FF, in the ED, was asking our opinion on a fifth sub-forum. Do you expect to open it, Anthropology and History, in the foreseeable future, as there was many a response for it?

2) The FF, in the GD, asked on spliting the GD into GD (Discussion-only) and GD (same as usual). DO you know when that would happen, because that was in the poll?
Hiya!!

The main factor is being able to have enough mods to cover any new forums. The original idea was that enough forums could be combined and/or closed to make room for some new ones, but it turns out there are fewer overlapping/underused forums than we thought.

Later on in 2009 we plan to take look at the forums to see if we can make the overall structure more flexible and easier to mod in order to accommodate more subforums. In the meantime I will still be making changes, albeit very gradually.

For the 2 you asked about in particular, the ED subforum is not likely soon unless there are a lot of threads about Anthropology & History and the mods push for it to happen. Something will happen with GD, but it might not be until after the holidays because we want to be careful about how everything is structured and communicated. For some reason people tend to get very emotional about GD 3nodding

Lanzer
Unknown Arrancar
zOMG has definitely gone past my expectations. Im an addict xd

What is the next thing you're planning to do with zOMG? Meaning new updates or in-game features.
Mostly focused on ways to make the beginning of the game more easy to learn and pick-up. Then we'll make sure that there are better social and grouping elements in zOMG. More tweaking of gameplay is definitely happening, as more areas, monsters, and other expansions are planned for the future.

Lanzer
Shroopliss
zOMG! is awesome! I just had to say that biggrin Now, for my questions...

1) Is OMGWTF pronounced oh-em-gee-doubleyou-tee-eff, or Ohm'gh'wit'f, or some other form of saying it as one word?

2) Is the current Timmy the original Timmy, just taken over, or Evil Timmy? Because Dr. Schadenkind said that Timmy's brain would disintegrate or something in a few weeks, and that was quite a while ago...
I think I've abbreviated the abbreviation to "O" to make my live easier.

Actually I have no idea, it's probably the old Timmy still. If all goes well Timmy will be featured in December's storyline update.

Lanzer
Platonix
I've been building up questions lately! Here are three that might require different Gaia Staff members to answer. sweatdrop

Thank you for Cindy Donovinh's GCD Community Resources Thread! Since this is basically an admin-run version of mod-emeritus Triskdaemon's Sticky "[INFO] - Community Resources", will that thread eventually get unstickied or even Recycled?

Are there any devs here tonight who know how to make the My Gaia feeds stop telling me what last month's MC is selling for, or stop telling my mules that their profiles are 63% complete? The sliders are failing me...and I've been slowly adding things to the profile of one of my mules and nothing I've tried has changed that percentage.

Flash Artists crazy spork i am and KirbyUFO did some of the Ring attack animations for zOMG!. Why aren't their avatars, or even their names, in the Barton Bar? Did their attack animations wind up not getting used or something? Or am I overlooking the spot in the bar where they've been cleverly hidden?
The easy one to answer here is that KirbyUFO and CrazySpork are not officially in the zOMG team, they're too awesome so they've been working on pretty much everything they can get their hands on. wink That goes from events, items, zOMG, aquarium, you name it.

Lots and lots of work need to be done with feeds, definitely we need to have filters for those ones or make them less chatty.

The GCD sticky will be removed as soon as the mod group figured out the best way to unify the info, I'm leaving it up to the group to decide.

Lanzer
kaykeyser
why do you have different mangas in different art styles instead of one art style for all mangas? Its inconstant.

How will you divide up moving plot forward in ZOMG with moving it forward in comics? Such as when your telling a story and you want to tell part of it in a comic and part of it in the game, how do you divide that up evenly? Also will there still be form events and quests or will all events and quests be held in ZOMG only?

When will ZOMG see new quests? And will said new quests be for every one, for new users only or for old users only? And will the plot involving the Animated ever end and then a new bad guy shows up? Also will the current quests in ZOMG ever end and be removed or will all quests always be available?
Also the NPC Mark, he keeps saying he’ll be off duity till after Halloween, he’s still saying that even now.

Do you have more ZOMG Holiday events planed?
What do you think of a dating quest for Valentines day?

When will ZOMG get new locations? I totally see the other towns as a must but I also long for G-corp, S-corp or Artic landscape, Halloween town, Zurg mother ship and under sea levels as well as levels for the other races.

Does the Gaia team have more free time yet? I really want to see them work on unimportant things like giving NPCs custom profiles, friends lists, journals etc

What do you think about having a create a ZOMG monster contest? Im voting for 50 foot grunny or attack of the $300 plush Kiki
Dead mans pass is a special area in the game because unless your with a crew, you will enter it alone, I find the down side is that when your new, its lonely and scary, but when your with a crew its real nice because you can move freely and not be bothered by all the extra people. Would it be possible to make ZOMG have a “play by invitation only” mode so people who wanted to play alone or with only those they invite could do so?
This ones for any one, on ZOMG what’s your approximate CL?
It's because there is actually a dedicated group of people working on zOMG, and there are other ideas supporting the greater aspect that Gaia is a place that nurture creativity through being different and inspirational. We often come up with great ideas by being different and doing things that are non-traditional, and so from a fundamental level, I support the new style a lot. Shall anyone wish that future manga be done in the old way, please let us know and we'll always take your preference into the highest consideration. After all, we're building and drawing everything for you.

We spent countless hours trying to sort out the differences between characters in the Gaia world and the zOMG storyline, at the end we end up with a cast and stories that exist in the same world but are not too closely tied together just so that both teams can continue to be as creative as they can. Events and quests outside of zOMG will always be build regardless of how zOMG develops.

As for zOMG, there are still a lot of features to be built. I don't know when will more quests surface. Probably along the same time as more areas are made.

Sagger-AT3
Psywing
How come quoting doesn't work in guilds?
Short story: quoting in guilds and PMs is broken because we fixed it xp

No really, we did!

Long story: we accidentally broke both while fixing a hole in them. So now the hole is gone, but also the quote style. We are working on a even better fix that will not only plug the hole, but also bring back the quote style...

Lanzer
Psywing
OOOH OOH ME
PICK ME!!
User Image

I just have a few questions, are there any plans for zOMG enemy plushies in the near future?

Also are there any plans on furthing the Jack-Santa plotline?
Plushies wise I think we're starting out with the OMG monster, the fluff and the Garlic monster. Don't know about others since it all depends on the popularity of the monsters and the plushies.

Lanzer
Just Neo
Hi staff!

Has the fix for equipped items going to the end of the inventory been completed yet?

That is my only question at the moment. How are you all? Sorry I guess I did have another question.
The fixes are almost done! Hopefully this week or the next. I'll keep you guys posted. Sorry for the long wait.

Have a great week everyone! Play more zOMG! biggrin
Okay Im soo confused.
When I'm playing with my fish, the tank gets reallyy dirty, and i can't do anything.
Then the screen goes black, and i have a skellington fish. But it's still alive, and eats and everyithing. I refresh the page, and my old fish are back.Can you tell me What exactly happened?
Ciara_Nicole0221
Okay Im soo confused.
When I'm playing with my fish, the tank gets reallyy dirty, and i can't do anything.
Then the screen goes black, and i have a skellington fish. But it's still alive, and eats and everyithing. I refresh the page, and my old fish are back.Can you tell me What exactly happened?
Ciara-

If you don't want the skeleton fish, take the Creepy Phonograph out of your tank.
Placing it in your tank, and selecting "Calm Waters" as your music is what triggers the transformation.

3nodding
may u help me i have bought stuff at gaia cash store and it says frozen item

Fashionable Friend

5,750 Points
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Thread Flip 150
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
sexy_mintzero
may u help me i have bought stuff at gaia cash store and it says frozen item

It would probably be better to ask this in Q&A next time...but it's "frozen" because you probably recentely purchased the cash. They'll be unfrozen within 7 days, don't worry! It's just a precaution Gaia takes against fake pay-pal accounts.

User Image

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces