Accessories Only Day 0.12781954887218 12.8% [ 51 ]
Class Color Day 0.31077694235589 31.1% [ 124 ]
Total Votes:[ 399 ]
1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 696 697 698 > >> >>> »|

Friendly Gaian

User Image
[{ Welcome to Gaia Spirit Week! }]
[{ July 10 - 16th }]

Welcome to the fourth annual Gaia Spirit Week!
You may have been here before, or you may be wondering, just what is this Gaia Spirit Week? Gaia Sprit Week is a completely user-run event to celebrate just how great Gaia is. GSW works just like any other spirit week you might have had in high school or college: everyone dresses up for the day according to a different theme for each day. We pick a bunch of different themes and everyone dresses up their avatar for it to show their appreciation for Gaia, and all the people who work to make it great.
It's a really fun event, and we have a bunch of great contests and stuff going on, so there's something for everyone. And hey, if you stop long enough to have a chat with someone in the forums you'll definitely make some great friends. We've collected quite the group of regulars over the years, and they're a friendly bunch.
So come on in, and have a look around. There's always someone around to chat with.

[{ News: }]
07.13-19.08: First Annual GSW
07.05-11.09: Second Annual GSW
07.04-10.10: Third Annual GSW
05.24.11: Thread officially OPEN!
07.10.11: GSW begins, and it's -ProcrastinatingSpazz-, and Brutal_Love_Pastry's birthday! Happy birthday!
Updated the Admin Love post, please scroll down and read it!
07.12.11: Happy Techie Day! Ended the poll for Unknown Day:
To everyone's complete surprise, the winner was Accessories Day.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Don't forget to check out the updated Admin Love post!

07.17.11: It's the end of another year of GSW guys! It's sad, but here it is. GSW will come around again, and I hope to see all of you here next time. Join the guild to make sure you don't miss out on an GSW news~
Since we're here at the end, here are the winners!

First place goes to 2007!
Congrats guys!

The trophies are a bit different this year, but obviously still AWESOME.

Second place goes to 2004! xxxxxxxxxxxxx Third place goes to 2005!
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

The ULTIMATE WINNERS of GSW 2011 are SheThoughtSheDid and Renia goes RAWR!
Congrats guys, you are the best! <3333

Need help finding a place for screenshots?
Use our Friend Chats!
A beachy setting!
Password is: gsw

Want more Gaia Spirit Week?
Join the guild!

UPDATE: Here is the link to the 5th Annual GSW!

Welcome /// Rules /// Admin Love /// The Days /// Events/Contests /// IRL Pics /// Towns Pics /// FAQ /// Link Us /// Affiliates /// About Us /// Reserved

Friendly Gaian

User Image

The rules are serious business. Follow them, or else.

[{ o1. }] Follow the Gaia ToS.
[{ o2. }] Don't stretch the page, please! It is super annoying. People have a lot of trouble with this one, but we are serious. Don't be that guy.
[{ o3. }] No quoting the first page.
[{ o4. }] No other kinds of spam, or begging in this thread either.
[{ o5. }] No advertising in the thread, please. Just send this account a PM, and we'd be happy to add you to the Affiliates list.
[{ o6. }] Just a reminder, but excessive bumping is against the forum rules, so please don't bump just for the sake of bumping.
[{ o7. }] No drama. Please just be nice to each other here. Drama makes the mods mad, and who knows what will happen then?
[{ o8. }] If you don't like the thread, or what we're doing, please just keep it to yourself. We're not going to come into your thread and bash it, so don't do it to ours.

Thanks! =)

Friendly Gaian

User Image
You might be wondering, what exactly is the point of Gaia Spirit Week?
Or you might not.
But let me tell you.

Gaia Spirit Week is about more than just dressing up for fun and having a good time, though it certainly is that. It's about showing just how much we appreciate this website that we all use, and recognizing what a great community of people inhabit it, and especially the people who make it happen. Spirit Week is for making new friends, talking to people you might not usually talk to, and using Gaia the way it was created to be used - to connect with other people. Most of all, it's about appreciating the people who make Gaia happen, all the moderators and admins who help run it.
Gaia is constantly changing, coming out with new things, updating old things, and always trying to make itself better for it's users. Of course, we don't always agree with the things they do, and that's okay. You don't have to like everything the Gaia team does. But you should still take time to thank your admins and mods, and that's what Spirit Week is all about.

Tell your mods that you love them! Send them gifts, or avi art, or just tell them you appreciate them! It doesn't cost you anything, and it really will mean something to them.

UPDATE:
So we know how much you guys all love your mods, and we want you guys to share it! But I think a lot of the time, people don't know how. They don't know who the mods are, or what the mods want. I may not have an answer for the second part of that, but I do know the first. Here at Spirit Week, we've put together an easy way for everyone to participate, and do a little something for the mods.

There's this convenient list of everyone who's a part of the Gaia staff, located here, that we used to put together a list of a post from everyone on that list. (The list is not completely up to date, however, so if we've missed anyone, please let us know!) What do we do with that, you may ask?
There's a bunch of things you can do. You can tip that post. It's only 25g and it only takes a second. It's not like sending a trade. If we could get a bunch of people together to do that, we could donate a significant bit of money to each mod, with minimal effort on each persons part.
(For the record, if you tipped each member of the Gaia staff, it would cost you less than 5k.)
If you're not interested in donating gold, you could always just send them a PM, telling them you appreciate them, send them some art of their avi, or whatever else you can think of.

The list we put together can be found here, since it's a bit long for the main thread.
Go out and show the Gaia team how much you appreciate them!
Thanks guys!

Friendly Gaian

User Image
NOTE: All days will begin and end according to Eastern Standard Time (GMT -5)!
Celebrate according to whatever time you wish, but most of us mods are eastern, so this is easiest for us. :]

[{ Sunday the 10th }]
[{ Music Day }]

Got a favorite pop star? Rock band? Celtic drumming circle? Dress up like 'em! Got a cool Gaian instrument? Put it on. We want to see anything and everything music-related today. Mics, walkmans, guitars, headphones - anything audio-related goes! Special credit to musician cosplays we can actually recognize.

[{ Monday the 11th }]
[{ Eco(nomically)-Friendly Day }]

In the past, we here at Spirit Week have played with two different ideas for days - Flaunt Your Wealth and I Be Poor. This year, we finally came to a decision - we don't want to decide! So today is both. Pick one, and run with it. Make the most wildly expensive avatar you can muster, or throw on all your starter items and regress to newbiehood for a day! Flaunt your wealth or advertise your poverty!

[{ Tuesday the 12th }]
[{ Techie Day }]

Since Gaia has been so kind as to offer us an incredibly variety of robotic and mechanical items, we thought it would be a shame not to use them! This is Techie Day. Dress up in as many technological items as you can - or just dress up as a computer jockey! Anything tech-related is fine by us.

[{ Wednesday the 13th }]
[{ Favorite Item Day }]

This is a telling moment for you as a Gaian. We want you to look through your inventory, pick your single favorite pose of your single favorite item, and wear only that! One item and nothing else. Thanks to Gaia's public nudity laws, you're also permitted your starter undies, but we only want to see your favorite item equipped!

[{ Thursday the 14th }]
[{ Monster Day }]

RAWR RAWR RAWR.
This is Monster Day! Dress up like the creepy thing that hides in your closet, whatever that might be. Make it as scary as you can. Remember, you don't have to take this literally! Us mods appreciate jokes. =)

[{ Friday the 15th }]
[{ Unknown Day }]
One of our old favorite - Unknown Day! You'll see we've posted a poll up above. The options are as follows:

I. Hippie Day - Time for a trip to the 60's. Long hair, tie-dye shirts, funky pendants, and most of all, love! This one's pretty straightforward.

II. Space Day - One giant leap for Spirit Week. Dress up like an astronaut or a martian, the moon or the Milky Way, the vast and unknowable expanse of the universe or the lunar lander. Anything space-related!

III. Western Day - Cowgirls, cowboys, horses and cattle. Take a visit to the Wild West. Sheriffs, Indians, bandits, train robbers, or damsels in distress - we want to see them all!

IV. Food Day - FOOD! We love food. We all love food. So dress up like food! Or a chef, that works too.

V. Accessory Day - The only rule is that you may only wear accessories! Simple, right? Wear anything you want, so long as it came out of the accessory tab in your inventory. Have fun!

[{ Saturday the 16th }]
[{ Class Color Day }]

Everyone's favorite day, back again (like every year), it's Class Color Day! Each year (2003, 2004, etc.) has been assigned a specific color. On this day, your dress your avatar up according to the color of the year you first joined Gaia. For example, if you joined in April of 2006, and the list says 2006's color is green, put green clothes on your avatar. Get it? Got it? Good. The colors this year will be the same as last, for those of you who participated before, with the addition of black for the newbies. Have at it!
Note: Some years we've had a bit of trouble with people getting unreasonably competitive about their classes. So this year, we're asking everyone to include a rainbow of some kind on your class color day outfits, to show our unity, and appreciation for the other classes.

You may be wondering, how do I know what year I joined? Well, just click right here! The siglab will tell you the exact date you joined Gaia. :] What if you had an account before this, but it got hacked or banned or some such? No problem. Just dress up in the year you joined Gaia, not the year your account was created.

o3 - Red
o4 - Orange
o5 - Yellow
o6 - Green
o7 - Blue
o8 - Purple
o9 - Pink
1o - White
11 - Black

Friendly Gaian

User Image

[{ Avatar Contest }]
This one is pretty simple: think you have the best avatar of the day? Send it to us! This contest takes place only on Music Day, Techie Day, Monster Day, and Unknown Day (whatever that turns out to be). Just send a PM to I r Spirit Week telling us you're entering, and you could win prizes! Please note: we only accept entries on the day, not in advance, or after the fact, and we do not accept tekteks. Screenshots are encouraged though.

[{ Music Day }]
Winner: Wyrn!
Runner Ups: SweetNiar, The Lightning Rod of Hate, Farrago, and catspook!

[{ Techie Day }]
Winner: -ProcrastinatingSpazz-!
Runner Ups: Paul-19, nekoyoka, My Little Fairy, and Evalinna!

[{ Monster Day }]
Winner: Ecstasea!
Runner Ups: runkar, Escuro-sama, featherfire520, and Blackwing Rose!
Honorable Mention: NekomiChan001!

[{ Accessories Day }]
Winner: AngelsThanatos!
Runner Ups: cramshaft, Illustrious Verse, Michalkasshadow, and SomniMani!

[{ IRL Spirit }]
For all our super dedicated Spirit Weekers, dress up in real life! Yes, that's right, your real body, in real, tangible clothes. Send us a picture and we'll post it, and you could win prizes! What could be more exciting?

[{ Class Competition }]
Rivalry between the classes and get pretty intense sometimes, and so to facilitate that we've got the class competition. People take pride in their classes, and they tend to declare that loudly to other spirit weekers. So each year the mods get together and pick the top three classes who demonstrated their awesomeness the best, and we give them trophies. And, of course, bragging rights. How can you help your class win? Participate in everything! Be spirited like no other! Do everything to the extreme!

[{ Ultimate Winner }]
In the past we've seen some pretty outstanding Gaians come through GSW. People who go way above and beyond what they have to for GSW. That might include organizing Towns events, chatting in the thread a lot, motivating people for Class Color Day, sending in photos, donating, or any number of other things. Surprise us! There are no specifications for what could win you the coveted title of Ultimate Winner, you just have to be really active and impress us. What's in it for you? Gold prizes! Fame! Our adoration! Other things!

[{ Raffle }]
We here at the Spirit Week have decided to run easily the most cliche contest; a raffle. Want to enter? It's easy. One ticket costs 100 gold. Just send I r Spirit Week a trade request with the proper amount of gold. You know, 100 gold for one ticket, 200 for two, et cetera. Title your trade request 'I Wants Raffle Ticket Now'. We will assign you a random number and then, at the end of Spirit Week, we'll hold a random drawing using the random number generator. Don't worry about getting the numbers for your tickets, we keep track of it for you.

[{ First Prize }] Thank You Letter from March 2006
[{ Second Prize }] Thank You Letter from April 2008
[{ Third Prize }] 25,000g
[{ Fourth Prize }] 10,000g
[{ Fifth Prize }] 5,000g

[{ Daily Puzzle }]
The Daily Puzzle is simple - every day, Shieran will post a new puzzle right here in this very spot! If you think you know the answer, send a PM with your answer to I R Spirit Week titled 'Daily Puzzle'! All further instructions will be provided on a day-to-day basis, depending on the puzzle. Any answers sent to Varlot or Shieran will be deleted, so be careful where you send them. Good luck!

Shieran is unfortunately unable to be here for Spirit Week this year due to technical issues, and since Varlot is busy and also not nearly as clever, the Daily Puzzle is cancelled. gonk
I know, it's super sad, but that just means more time for doing everything else GSW related!

Sunday, July 10th
Why wasn't this puzzle posted at 12am, EST?

No one got the answer to this! The answer, of course, was that she forgot. Silly Shieran.

Friendly Gaian

User Image
If you're comfortable with it, send us pictures of you showing your class spirit in real life, and we'll post them!

[{ Music Day }]
[ x ][ x ][ x ]

[{ Eco(nomically) Friendly Day }]
[ x ]

[{ Techie Day }]
[ x ][ x ][ x ]

[{ Monster Day }]
[ x ][ x ]

[{ Class Color Day }]
[ x ][ x ][ x ][ x ][ x ]

Friendly Gaian

User Image
Send us the pictures of your gatherings in Towns, and we'll post them!

[{ Music Day }]
[ x ][ x ][ x ][ x ][ x ][ x ][ x ][ x ][ x ][ x ][ x ][ x ][ x ][ x ][ x ][ x ][ x ][ x ][ x ][ x ]
[ x ][ x ][ x ][ x ][ x ][ x ][ x ][ x ][ x ][ x ][ x ][ x ][ x ][ x ][ x ][ x ][ x ][ x ][ x ][ x ]
[ x ][ x ][ x ][ x ][ x ][ x ][ x ][ x ][ x ]

[{ Eco(nomically) Friendly Day }]
[ x ][ x ][ x ][ x ][ x ][ x ][ x ][ x ]

[{ Tech Day }]
[ x ][ x ][ x ][ x ][ x ][ x ][ x ][ x ][ x ][ x ][ x ][ x ][ x ]

[{ Favorite Item Day }]
[ x ][ x ][ x ][ x ][ x ][ x ][ x ][ x ][ x ][ x ][ x ][ x ][ x ][ x ][ x ][ x ]

[{ Monster Day }]
[ x ][ x ][ x ]

[{ Accessories Day }]
[ x ][ x ][ x ][ x ][ x ][ x ][ x ][ x ][ x ][ x ][ x ][ x ][ x ]

[{ Class Color Day }]
[ x ][ x ][ x ][ x ][ x ][ x ][ x ]

More lovely banners by Escuro can be found in her GSW 2011 Gallery!
Check it out~

Friendly Gaian

User Image

Q: Why don't the Class Colors match the sashes Gaia gave out?
A: For a couple of reasons. When we first stared doing GSW, Gaia hadn't released the sashes yet, and when they did release them, most people didn't want us to change the colors - they liked the tradition behind the colors, and they liked being able to make a rainbow. We decided that for now, we won't change the colors. Besides, not everyone has one of the sashes, or the right sash.
If you want to wear your sash anyway, go for it! You won't be alone, lots of other people like to wear their sashes as well as the colors we assign, and that's totally fine. Show your spirit the way you want to!

Friendly Gaian

User Image

Thanks to antipolar for the excellent banners! <3
[url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/detail/71451297/][img]http://i52.tinypic.com/34hdlrd.png[/img][/url]

[url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/detail/71451297/][img]http://i52.tinypic.com/2d9zi85.png[/img][/url]

Friendly Gaian

User Image
Want to be an affiliate? Send us a PM with a link, and we'll add you!

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.xxxxxxUser Image

User Image

Friendly Gaian

User Image
Hey guys! These are all the people who make Spirit Week happen, so pay attention to them. If they tell you to do something, you do it. Otherwise, there will be consequences. Also, these people have the answers to all of your questions. Ask away!

User ImagexxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxUser Image
[{ Shieran }]xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx[{ Varlot }]
Howdy. I'm Shieran. I'm one of the co-creators xxxxxxxxxxxxxx Hello! I do lots of things for Spirit Week:
of Spirit Week. I fund and control the raffle, patrolxxxxxxxxxxxxxx I make the thread every year, I run the avi
Towns, lurk on the board, and run the Daily Puzzle. xxxxxxxxxxxxxx contest, I answer all of the PMs we get, and
I also help Varlot round up pictures, and give xxxxxxxxxxxxxx I spend a lot of time updating the thread with
out a lot of the random prizes for admirable Spirit. xxxxxxxxxxxxxx all the pictures you guys send us! I write
My I R Spirit Week posts are in indigo. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx in green when I post on I r Spirit Week.

User ImagexxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxUser Image
[{ antipolar }]xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx[{ Ingou }]
Hi all. I'm antipolar. I've been a mod since the xxxxxxxxxxxxxx Howdy! My name is Ingou and I have helped mod
first Spirit Week, and helped organize Winter xxxxxxxxxxxxxx Spirit Week the past few years. I tend to be 'behind
Break. This year I did the graphics for the xxxxxxxxxxxxxx the scenes' lurking in the forums, but I help with the
thread. You'll see me around keeping you all xxxxxxxxxxxxxx contests and screencaps when I can, as well as trying
in order and in Towns as much as possible. xxxxxxxxxxxxxx to answer any questions you may have in the thread.
ext text text text te('05 Pride) text text text text xxxxxxxxxxxxxx text text text text text ['04 spirit, baby~] xt text text text text

User Image
[{ Flamethrower.x }]
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxHi, I'm Flamethrower and you'll be seeing me inxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxTowns probably more than you will in forums.xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxI've been a part of all the GSWs so far, was thexxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxUltimate Winner for one two years ago andxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxhave been helping moderate ever since! If xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxthere's a Towns gathering that I know about,xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
chances are that I will be there! Class of 2005 represent!

Friendly Gaian

Friendly Gaian

Friendly Gaian

Friendly Gaian

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items