Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dapper Citizen

-and have a nice chat about their children, once they're all in the same room. I dunno. XD

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
These guys seems like best NPC parents, to me. Zurg Mother cares for all her own little Zurglings and Gaians alike, and tried to offer the best resolution for Gaians as she did her own kids, Gaia cares deep for her own god and demigod kids and normal Gaians, and tried to do what's best for them, and Daddy Orion directly intervenes when his kids are fighting with each other, like Zurg Mother did, and leaves them on earth instead of taking them back home to the stars, to let them grow and learn important life lessons on their own.

Best NPC parent out of the three?

Flint Jakobs's Compadre

Feral Faun

Not Gaia

talk2hand

No, she leaves her son up for failure and consequently punishes him unfairly, locking him up instead of trying to teach him a lesson, and then gets pissy because he's super angry for being chucked into isolation for centuries without anything to do. rolleyes

Logan and Agatha strike me as the most sane parents in Gaia world. They care about their child despite differences that lead to their divorce, and promote academia instead of abandonment to teach them a lesson.

Time-traveling Senshi

Slick Southpaw
Not Gaia

talk2hand

No, she leaves her son up for failure and consequently punishes him unfairly, locking him up instead of trying to teach him a lesson, and then gets pissy because he's super angry for being chucked into isolation for centuries without anything to do. rolleyes

Logan and Agatha strike me as the most sane parents in Gaia world. They care about their child despite differences that lead to their divorce, and promote academia instead of abandonment to teach them a lesson.

Dang it Slick how many times do I have to tell you guys SHE HAD NO OTHER CHOICE. She COULD NOT make him mortal. She DID NOT want to kill him. Doing what she did was THE ONLY WAY. I'm getting way sick and tired of her being labeled a bad mother.

Gaius Becker's Queen

Godly Cultist

.:The Sentinel has deemed you worthy of her words, mortal...

...And there's no alcohol because Gaia's already been there and drank the entire stock because obviously she's drunk.

"I think I'd still rather devour this world in flames while legions
of demons poke at the few remaining survivors with tridents.
That sounds more my speed."
:.

Flint Jakobs's Compadre

Feral Faun

Chibi Halo
Slick Southpaw
Not Gaia

talk2hand

Dang it Slick how many times do I have to tell you guys SHE HAD NO OTHER CHOICE. She COULD NOT make him mortal. She DID NOT want to kill him. Doing what she did was THE ONLY WAY. I'm getting way tired of her being labeled a bad mother.

talk2hand She could have tried other methods that didn't involve sending her son to the god equivalent of a padded room without trying to teach him a lesson.

Punishment doesn't do anything, and a mother that punishes her child harshly expecting him to learn from this isn't a very good mother, she's abusive.

If you want to go back to the old argument you brought up regarding questionable friends and jail time as the only option, it still isn't very satisfactory because the same problem exists: there's no rehabilitation, no attempt at rectifying, just punishment.

It's like taking a nonviolent offender and putting them in a jail with violent criminals to 'scare 'em straight' it doesn't do anything but enforce a cycle of hatred.

Time-traveling Senshi

Slick Southpaw
Chibi Halo
Slick Southpaw
Not Gaia

talk2hand

Dang it Slick how many times do I have to tell you guys SHE HAD NO OTHER CHOICE. She COULD NOT make him mortal. She DID NOT want to kill him. Doing what she did was THE ONLY WAY. I'm getting way tired of her being labeled a bad mother.

talk2hand She could have tried other methods that didn't involve sending her son to the god equivalent of a padded room without trying to teach him a lesson.

Punishment doesn't do anything, and a mother that punishes her child harshly expecting him to learn from this isn't a very good mother, she's abusive.

If you want to go back to the old argument you brought up regarding questionable friends and jail time as the only option, it still isn't very satisfactory because the same problem exists: there's no rehabilitation, no attempt at rectifying, just punishment.

It's like taking a nonviolent offender and putting them in a jail with violent criminals to 'scare 'em straight' it doesn't do anything but enforce a cycle of hatred.

Slick can you please quit calling her abusive and a bad mother. It's seriously getting me angry and sad and close to crying here because she's not she really isn't.

She said she can't rehabilitate him because she can't do what she did for Gino's ancestor and Sen and Marius or were you not reading the same two pages that came out today. Plus, the only reason she was able to do what she did was because he wasn't expecting it. It was either that or death for him and she didn't want to kill her own child. Would you choose death as a last resort to stopping your child from causing harm on the world?

Besides, what if killing him meant killing a part of herself? What if her sons are a part of her being and the death of one or more of them means a part of her dies off? I don't think you're even considering that possibility.

Flint Jakobs's Compadre

Feral Faun

Chibi Halo

Slick can you please quit calling her abusive and a bad mother. It's seriously getting me angry and sad and close to crying here because she's not she really isn't.

She said she can't rehabilitate him because she can't do what she did for Gino's ancestor and Sen and Marius or were you not reading the same two pages that came out today. Plus, the only reason she was able to do what she did was because he wasn't expecting it. It was either that or death for him and she didn't want to kill her own child. Would you choose death as a last resort to stopping your child from causing harm on the world?

I am talking from an objective standpoint, if I was going into angry fanatic mode, I would have made it more clear in my posts and have a stronger appeal to emotion for propaganda purposes.

There's more than one way to skin a cat and while I understand why she couldn't strip Nyx of her powers, I don't see her actually trying anything else. Hence, I find her actions extreme and abusive. There wasn't anything about talks, about confronting him directly, just a straight up cell for life by himself; a surefire recipe for going insane no matter what you're made of. If he'd straight up murdered someone, I could see why she would chuck him in the bin. But he didn't. He had a harmless prank go wrong, didn't fess up to it, and BAM, infinity isolation.

She might as well straight up killed him; no need to involve torturing someone for milennia to the mix.

Time-traveling Senshi

Slick Southpaw
Chibi Halo

I am talking from an objective standpoint, if I was going into angry fanatic mode, I would have made it more clear in my posts.

There's more than one way to skin a cat and while I understand why she couldn't strip Nyx of her powers, I don't see her actually trying anything else. Hence, I find her actions extreme and abusive. There wasn't anything about talks, about confronting him directly, just a straight up cell for life by himself; a surefire recipe for going insane no matter what you're made of. If he'd straight up murdered someone, I could see why she would chuck him in the bin. But he didn't. He had a harmless prank go wrong, didn't fess up to it, and BAM, infinity isolation.

She might as well straight up killed him; no need to involve torturing someone for milennia to the mix.

She can't kill him because if she does she kills off part of herself. It would be self-destruction to kill Nyx because he's a part of her all of her sons are and she's already lost a part of her very being when Zhivago killed off Meili. And how many times do I have to say it but that prank wasn't harmless at all.

Look I'm sorry if I'm being too whatever but hearing someone I consider a friend say that is seriously upsetting me and that's not from a fanatic standpoint. I'm not going in character and I'm not playing up some rivalry part. I just seriously can't believe you're writing her and Gino off like that.

Aged Fox

Oh yeah Gaia sure cares for her kids... (/sarcasm)

Flint Jakobs's Compadre

Feral Faun

Chibi Halo
          She can't kill him because if she does she kills off part of herself. It would be self-destruction to kill Nyx because he's a part of her all of her sons are and she's already lost a part of her very being when Zhivago killed off Meili. And how many times do I have to say it but that prank wasn't harmless at all.

Look I'm sorry if I'm being too whatever but hearing someone I consider a friend say that is seriously upsetting me and that's not from a fanatic standpoint. I'm not going in character and I'm not playing up some rivalry part. I just seriously can't believe you're writing her and Gino off like that.

You're talking to someone who made the fanthread on the basis that the character has cloven hooves. That was it. I liked his legs and literally the only reason why I made such a thread; I definitely didn't expect the story to take up again and expected the fanthread to fall by the wayside under the plethora of item lists. Faunzy wasn't cool enough and looked like Mr. Tumnus with serious beer gut and alcohol induced brain injury.

I'm not writing Gino off, he's got the classic underdog story, that no doubt will find his McGuffin and save the world. It's Gaia I've come to see like this because it's so much more interesting to see her as this archtype than quintessential mother goddess format. I'm not sure what's upsetting about that.

If we're going by what you're saying, then perhaps Gaia enjoys pain. Instead of taking one for the team and killing off a part of herself, she actively tortures herself with Nyx's imprisonment. Allowing tortured feelings to fester and give her a guilt-free card should push come to shove instead of cutting out part of her heart and ending the suffering.

The prank was not harmless as we've all come to see, but it's not straight up murder.

Dapper Citizen

Fox on Stilts
but she does
look how hurt she was when Sentinel reminded her that Meili died

Aged Fox

Rose Blue Otaku
Fox on Stilts
but she does

But not too sad for poor Nyx.

Dapper Citizen

Fox on Stilts
Rose Blue Otaku
Fox on Stilts
but she does

what I got from the manga was that she cared for him, too
for all her kids

but whatever, if you don't think so, then share your opinion on the other 2 parents

LabTechX's Waifu

Luminous Fairy

Fox on Stilts
Rose Blue Otaku
Fox on Stilts
but she does

Actually, I think the problem is that we're only looking at Gaia's five sons as her 'kids'.

I feel like Gino's line about "I know regular people are probably just like ants to you" is a setup for her to state the exact opposite -- that we are all her sons and daughters, and she loves each and every one of us very much. Y'know, like buddy Jesus.

Sadly, this significantly raises the impact of Nyx's misdeeds. neutral

Tipsy Genius

Any divine being is an objectively bad parent. It's kind of an unspoken rule about mythological/religious figures, and I think it applies to Gaia too. At least she's not as bad as Cronus, am I right??

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff