Welcome to Gaia! ::

Feral Shapeshifter

15,075 Points
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Bunny Spotter 50
I regret not logging into my mules frequently enough. Several of them are locked now and I can't be bothered to go through the hassle of getting them unlocked.

A Snack

I don't have much regrets about gaia
because up until about a year ago gaia always made me happy.
I can't regret something that use to make me happy.
I haven't done much on here to regret.
I regret getting involved with certain people on the site though. e u e
Not one of them were worth the trouble that stirred up. not one. OTL

Undead Deadeye

I regret abandoning a guild I used to run to go off and play MMOs with my boyfriend (which is a huge regret in itself ughh) at the time. I left it in the hands of my sisters, but eventually they got bored of Gaia and the guild just kinda slowly died.

Dulcet Nymph

18,700 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Vanquished Angel 50
  • Team Rina 200
I regret meeting my ex on here.
Yep, that ex. The ex who everyone who knows me for more than five seconds gets and earful of his stories of abuse, sexism and sob stories.
Met him on here. ********.

Nerd

I regret how I acted for years. I was mean, harsh, sarcastic, purposely argumentative, or kissed so much a** my lips should have melted. I didn't really act like me at any set time I cared what people on the internet thought and made it my business to either be a total jerk or just..ugh. emotion_facepalm

Now a days though with some proper maturing as the years have passed and an obvious reality check I act pretty much how I am in real life although I suppose I think about what I'm going to say and how to word it more carefully mostly because I'm typing it.

Gregapeg's Wife

Spicy Sweetheart

I regret never getting a halo of my own while I had the chance to, lol. But then that's not much of a regret since I'd rarely use it. I've just always wanted one, and I feel like I missed out as an '03'er.

Aside from that, there's a personal project that I've never completed, and it wouldn't matter if I did now because the person I had begun it for in the first place isn't around Gaia anymore. ;c

Scurvy Winner

Getting too obsessed with the EIs and REIs, I don't know if it's gladly or sadly the recent REIs aren't really decent anymore.

Sparkly Shounen

15,150 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
Suicidal Dustbunny
Dickie Twinkles
Making a thread complaining about a banner that looked like it was making fun of rape.
I got warned for it and told by the mod that I couldn't be serious because I had previously posted in the GD. Every time I think about it I get so angry I want to quit.

Damn that's harsh. Which ad was it, if you don't mind me asking? I know I've made complaints about the Tentacl ad, but I don't remember many other... misguided ads.

It was an ad that took an image from the manga and cropped it so the heimlich maneuver looked like "surprise buttsex". I thought it was in poor taste and the scream on one of the character's face made it worse.

Here's on of the PMs I got from a mod:

Quote:

Dickie Twinkles Wrote:
Hello, I saw you reply to my thread and hopefull you can help me.

I made a serious thread about an advert on Gaia by Gaia I believed to use an image deliberately taken out of context to imply rape or 'surpirse buttsecks' as people have pet named it.
Throughout that thread I was 100% serious and discussed the topic at hand drawing comparisons to other items that have been changed on the site and the business practice of having such an advertisement.
Out of the blue my topic was deleted and the additional notes said I have also been given a warning for trolling.
Trolling was not my intention and this is an important subject to me and I have discussed the level of sexual things on Gaia before without receiving any warning for trolling. In fact, I'm fairly sure I have never had a warning for trolling.
The mod who deleted my thread and warned me cited a thread I'd made in the GD about sexual acts relieving medical conditions as 'proof' I was trolling. I would like you to take a look at that thread in the GD and see if you think it has any basis as 'proof' I was trolling and also at my deleted thread so as you can see the consistency with which I stuck to the serious topic at hand. I also find it quite insulting that the mod who warned me thinking I would find rape 'entertaining' (her words) because of a thread mentioning a**l sex in the GD. Sex and rape are completely different things and it is quite possible to enjoy sex and talk about it light-heartedly without making a mockery of rape.
I would really like this warning for trolling overturned as I was not trolling and it is a great insult to me to have it on my record that I would troll about such a serious thing. I understand if the thread remains deleted as it was a touchy subject.

Let's go over your claim first of all: In the thread you go in a great deal of detail about how the image which Gaia posted looks like rape. Despite repeated reassurances from users that this is indeed not the case, you proceed to shoot these down and point out that any lighthearted references to rape are inappropriate. You also include a reference to Jews and Hitler.

While at first your responses are quite plausible and sensible, you do start to become more and more extreme.

Quote:
Care to tell me exactly what part of my logic you are facepalimg at? Or is all logic negated by the fact your mum doesn't agree with me?

Quote:
You didn't provide a good argument except 'I don't see rape' and all the comes down to is what I see vs what you see and that debate has already been exhausted. Come up with something new and intelligent and I might pay attention.

These comments are fairly abrasive and insulting. Added to this your continuing to press the issue and shooting down everyone who replies with anything other than agreement, you appear to be very combative.

It was this combination with your (many) sexually explicit topics such as:
Have you or anyone else named your genitalia?
I am in medical need of a**l sex.
What do you think a unicorn's p***s would look like?
Boy, those body cavity searches hurt!

That led **** to the conclusion that your thread was a sham with the intention to provoke and anger posters in the thread you were in.

I can see you made a previous thread which was moved to the chatterbox here: http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/chatterbox/anti-loli-shota-laws-and-the-rammifications-for-gaia/t.59741225/

Which follows a similar line of posting styles, and which I'm assuming you received similar messages on.

Your attacks on these people is why you were formally warned for trolling. You have ten pages of this sort of remark, which is why you were officially warned for trolling.

I'm not entirely certain if you're serious or whether you're simply enjoying the reactions here, but your provoking and insulting comments were not appropriate in the forum. For that, your thread was correctly removed.

I'm discussing, and continuing to look through things here. But I am considering your request for that warn to be revoked. I will reply back to you with a final decision shortly.

So they deemed me a "troll" for disagreeing with people who didn't think the image looked like a rape joke. My replies were "extreme" because I slightly curtly told someone their opinion isn't fact.
A thread where I had previously shown to care about sex crimes is somehow proof I was trolling as were silly GD postings from years ago. The "bringing up Jews and Hitler" part wasn't even me but another poster in the thread whom I had quoted emotion_facepalm

Queen_Nyssa's Waifu

Biggest Anubutt

19,850 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Survivor 150
User Image

нι! αℓℓιє נυѕт ωαитѕ тσ ѕαу»
Biggest regret.... Not taking that mod thing after I applied and finally got a message back. That was like last year, when they finally started messaging everyone back who had put in apps. I was so excited when I put it in and I have no idea why I didn't just go through with it.

Then too I don't go through with a lot of things .-.;

Super Noob

15,525 Points
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Battle: KO 200
My only regret is joining gaia.

Mega Bit

no regrets in my pixel life. I'll save feelings like 'regret' for much more important things

Bibliophile

I regret leaving so soon after I first joined. I think it was in 07, I only joined to play zOMG! and as soon as I leveled up to 10 I quit. I never bothred to check out the other features and forums.

I left on a crazy long hiatus and came back about a year and a half ago... Just in time to see everything fall apart under the new management and to find out that zOMG! was put in permanent maintanance mode.

I missed so many cool things inbetween. I hear a lot of awesome stories about boss-fights in zOMG! during Halloween and I just wanna facepalm for having missed out on all that.

Feline Bookworm

I regret not buying Agape back when it was 3 million and I was feeling stingy cause I was sure
it'd go back down to 2 million after it was re-released. Ughhh. emotion_facepalm
I have some regrets, but my most recent one was buying a quest item a couple weeks before it massively deflated. I could have all the items on my wishlist now. sweatdrop

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff