Welcome to Gaia! ::

Obsessive Man-Lover

27,675 Points
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
  • Abomination 100
  • 50 Wins 150
i check the forum rules and stickies before creating a thread if i'm unfamiliar with the forum. if, after reading the rules, i'm still unsure whether my thread belongs in the forum, i'd either ask a mod or just not make the thread (or make it in chatterbox if that's an option, depending what my thread is about).

i think we have enough subforums. a lot of the time the issue is that users post threads without being aware of the fact that certain subforums exist (that or users don't look at the sticky/announcement threads).
but with that last part i'm mainly referring to my experience in the forums i'm FA for (mini shops, art discussion and monster galaxy). i'm sure it's less clean-cut in, for example, GCD.

Friendly Seeker

I actually saw a newbie on Gaia post her own thread about some topic (I forgot). And then someone who's been on Gaia for years posting a lecture about how wrong it was of her to start a topic about that subject since ther's milions recycled threads about it.

As for me, I don't read stickys at all, they're too full of..everything and anything, and no, I'm not reading trough every each of those 50000 posts to be 100% sure if my topic has been brung up or not.

I still think it's rude to move someone's topic cause it has been talked about too many times. Gaia did good on making special sub forums for FMA for example smile

Cannibal Horsey's Significant Otter

Eloquent Explorer

DeliMilly
As for me, I don't read stickys at all, they're too full of..everything and anything, and no, I'm not reading trough every each of those 50000 posts to be 100% sure if my topic has been brung up or not.

Same, I'm far too lazy to read every post in those things User Image

As a rule of thumb. if you keep in like with the general theme of the other topics posted you're unlikely to go wrong.

In a relationship with A Bunch Of Cats

Mewling Trash

33,375 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Kitten Star 75
I hate making my own topic I hate fail trolls

Sparkly Nerd

28,925 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Brandisher 100
I don't like reading through the thousands of posts in a Sticky to see if my question has been answered before. So, if there are no similar threads or if there isn't a short Sticky for it I'll post my own thread.

Though, honestly, the only threads that I make are in the Pets! or Freebies forums, which are essentially a free-for-all (but not to the extent that the CB/GD are),

Dangerous Visionary

I try to post in the correct places and if my topic gets moved to the cesspool of the CB or Recycled I just try again. That's what I did recently here in the GCD anyways. I guess I always have to add spoons. emo But I like to think you guys are smarter than that. neutral

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff