Welcome to Gaia! ::

Kawaii Spirit

Good evening GCD,

I was just dressing up for October and it got me thinking... I think that most of us dress for the holidays (at least in this forum), but do you dress your avi for the seasons too? I have found that I tend to do that, and I can't remember when I started doing it... it just feels weird not to, for some reason.

I have also found that I feel weird if I don't equip underwear. sweatdrop It shouldn't matter, but it does...

No spoons because this is a short topic. Just wondering how common this is.

Queen_Nyssa's Waifu

Biggest Anubutt

19,850 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Survivor 150
User Image

User Image нι! αℓℓιє נυѕт ωαитѕ тσ ѕαу»
Always for every holiday ever. This year is my first year trying to keep the same sort of "base" for each costume I try on, though.
I'm in the process of creating an image that will stick though and I guess that's kind of off topic so yea xD

And your underwear thing- i remember another user saying that before and it had me stuck wearing undies on my avi for like a month or two straight. Now I'm self-concious of freeballing again gonk

Edit: forgot to address the seasons thig. Gosh me. Anyways, I like wearing shorts and swimsuits in summer and sweaters and boots in the fall on here... But I do find that I wear jackets and jeans year around. I'm not very seasonally incline I guess sweatdrop

I love dressing for the seasons, especially the stuff I wish I could wear in real life. sweatdrop
Like this sweet fluffy coat I'm wearing right now, why can't I find it's twin in the real world! emotion_donotwant

Kawaii Nerd

13,000 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Timid 100
I don't... I sometimes add stuff for holidays, but I'm always dressed for fall/winter. Big coats, scarves, legmods with boots... My poor avatars are probably sweating buckets in the summer. lol

I prefer to wear wintery clothes irl, too... it's just cozier. Summer weather is so gross... all sticky and sweaty. No thanks!
I'm not sure if I do, I haven't paid attention to it, to be honest. I've a very haphazard way of dressing my avi... gonk

Fashionable Guildswoman

25,825 Points
  • Married 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Brilliant Light 450
You heathens and your lack of undergarments. lol

My avatar color scheme changes with the seasons.

I wear a lot of pastels in the spring and summer, in the fall I go back and fourth between dark colors and white. Winter is usually always white.
October I stick with blacks and oranges, because Halloween.

Lately I have been meddling with textured avatars, lots of ruffles and lace.
I'M SO FANCY. emotion_awesome
glob I hate that song.

Fashionable Guildswoman

25,825 Points
  • Married 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Brilliant Light 450
Nikko Roseus
I love dressing for the seasons, especially the stuff I wish I could wear in real life. sweatdrop
Like this sweet fluffy coat I'm wearing right now, why can't I find it's twin in the real world! emotion_donotwant

You can probably find something similar on a Lolita clothing site, or something close to it and you can always make your own modifications to the coat to make it match Gaia's. biggrin

Fluffy Trickster

Event is what usually spur me to dress to fit the holiday. It's fun to do that when you can.
for season, I tend to favor autumn and winter more. I have hard time with spring and summer season, due to color problem and style.
I use brown and orange frequently...because...cheaper recolour, so fall outfit does come naturally now.

minghii's Compadre

Sexy Bun

This topic actually made me go and put a shirt on because I realized how cold it must be to going around shirtless in October. sweatdrop

I like doing seasonal avatars now and then. It's kind of fun, but I do end up going back and doing my own thing regardless of seasons later.

And I do always wear underwear for this base, but not for normal reasons. The In Silence I ___ thongs actually slim down the torsos a bit on the avatar, which makes the torsos look longer instead of blocky, which I like.

And I'm not busting out my costume quite yet. Waiting until the calendar ticks over to 10/1. ninja

Beloved Fairy

9,100 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
I find I do. I have an outfit for all the seasons, and then ones for major holidays (like christmas and halloween). yay, dressup!

Big Member

20,000 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Magical Girl 50
I try to, but sometimes my costumes get overshadowed when inspiration hits.

This is actually my Halloween costume. I decided to go ironic (becuz i'm a demon, git it?)
My influences were Victoria's Secret models and Chippendale dancers.

Arashisora's Significant Otter

Demonic Hero

Sometimes I do. Sometimes I don't.
It depends on how I'm feeling.
Need to expand my wardrobe. Haven't really prepared for seasonal changes.

Kawaii Kitty

I do try to dress for seasons, as my usual avatar is pretty casual.

I dress up for events, even minis.

And right now I'm dressed up for the user-run event OcTrollber

Nerd

I try to dress up for the different holidays. Sometimes I have so much inspiration I don't know what to do with myself and other times I couldn't dress Baxt to go to the bathroom let alone celebrate a holiday.
Occasionally I'll dress for the season but for the most part I like to do holiday specific since I feel they kind of overlap.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff