Welcome to Gaia! ::

Golden Saint

9,300 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250
All I really remember of the beginning of go-gaia was that it was incredibly slow, you often got sushi errors, everyone wore peasant clothes and having a few hundred gold was a REALLY BIG DEAL.

9,250 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Dressed Up 200
I remember posting so much for just to have 10k because that was a lot.

But mostly the rp essence of it all. gaia wasn't just a name, but an rp. I miss that deeply. I guess why I keep rp'ing Gaia in my art shop.
JujuJubilee
Well, it's not the oldest thing ever, but I remember when the marketplace changed over to the new format.
And blonde Ian, and no homes, no towns. When ruby sold hats... >_>
Blonde Ian <3

Sparkling Supporter

When you never change your hairstyle because it costs too much. I haven't changed my hair in years, even though I can afford it.

Demonic Explorer

I remember the old profiles that just had a big picture of your avatar and some general info right next to it. Nothing fancy.
Wow. I can't believe I'm almost 5 years old in Gaia. O_O ('07er here)

Do theaters still exist?
I mean like if you're gonna watch a promotion, you actually go to a movie house...
with seats and all... and you can throw popcorn on the screen...?
Haha. It's been ages since I went to one... I don't know if it's still there. D:

I remember watching that LouiexMoira animation. O_o ohgodwhy

Haha. And I remember those five dollar footlong mashups.
And the ones when Lex and Liam were licking a pole and Louie joined in...
they would put that mashup everywhere. hahaha XD
That is still my favorite mini comic... ever.

Those were when there were only few NPCs.
After I went on hiatus, I don't know who the NPCs are anymore.

And the layout of the forums and shops were different back then.
...And it was so much harder to earn money. D:

Invisible Player

Starzel
When you never change your hairstyle because it costs too much. I haven't changed my hair in years, even though I can afford it.

Oh gosh. It was a big deal for me to get out of that orange ponytail.

Quotable Conversationalist

7,150 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Popular Thread 100
I joined in '04, and I remember being thinking like, "********, I'm such a newb, there are all these oldbies everywhere."

Now I'm an oldbie. Too crazy.

Quotable Conversationalist

7,150 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Popular Thread 100
Starzel
Hahaha holy s**t. I NEVER ******** change my hair, just out of habit of me thinking it's too expensive. I mean, I have a s**t ton of gold, but I just forget that changing your hair these days is way cheaper than changing your hair in '04. xD

Tipsy Prophet

10,250 Points
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
You know your an olbie when you find the pins from the Von Helson mansion party. :O

Tipsy Prophet

10,250 Points
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
You know your an olbie when you remember the failed Gaiaonline "movie"! XD
Anyone remember those Kingdom of Knuffel breedable pet siggies that every newbie seemed to have in the forums? I remember I wanted to buy one, but 3k was really expensive for me D:

Ohgod. Now, I can earn that much money with a game of booty grab. D:

Man-Hungry Lunatic

When i see someone wearing a ducky hat and think "Oh man, that person must be loaded!" then remember it isn't 2003, and that isn't one of the most expensive items on gaia anymore XD;;

Fluffy Wolf

14,800 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Team Edward 100
You know you're a gaia oldbie when it comes to items, shoes are the last thing on your mind.

Aged Streaker

you know you're an oldbie when you remember having to wander through maps to get to shops, and when fishing was the ONLY game to play.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff