Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anxious Garbage

... When Coco's were 2k in the MP, and it was almost impossible to look up the OMG in the MP because you couldn't search with just three letters.

Moonlight Hunter

8,750 Points
  • Hunter 50
  • Battle: Counterstrike 150
  • Team Jacob 100
AtypicallyAzure
Senti-du-Bon
Qyp
Senti-du-Bon
I thought an oldbie was only from 03/04. Are we counting 05 and 06 in that too? Haha wowww that's new to me.

Well... Gaia is 9 years old... I would say being a 06er... and being here 6 years... is old compared to the age of the site.

Ah true.

The longer Gaia goes on the more skewed the perception of 'oldbie' will become.

As an 06'er, though, I remember when the word 'Oldbie' meant '03 or early '04 and carried a lot of weight... so I wouldn;t call myself an oldbie.

Yet maybe that now makes me an oldbie? *chuckle*

Wow... that gives me a headache blaugh

As I said, I'm from 06 too and I sure as hell don't feel like an oldbie.

@OV8ION: I think I remember that? Sheeeit the shops were so different back then.

Star Seeker

8,600 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Medalist 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Princess Sophia Lenoirre
You know you're an oldbie when the first item you ever quested for was a sapphire/emerald/ruby forehead jewel.
gonk

Yes! I'd completely forgotten about that XD I got it, and it didn't really fit with the rest of my cheap items but I wore it proudly anyway!

Aged Shapeshifter

10,750 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Elocutionist 200
You know your an oldbie when you remember being called an "oldbie" was cool.

Lonely Conversationalist

when you STILL love you some buck teeth and emo glasses. <3

I'm doomed to be dressed "old school" on this account forever because I'm BOO underneath. It's only been 2.5 years since I've changed & I already feel like I stick out like a sore thumb.
You know you're an oldbie when you remember selling your ninja headband for 10k

wink

Stone-cold Warlord

11,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Tooth Fairy 100
You know you're an oldbie if you can remember the days housing was a big deal and it was hard to find a new home.

Fashionable Lunatic

... when the sight of Ian with black hair and slitted gray eyes is disorienting. GTFO VAMPIRE AND GIMME MY BROWN-EYED BLOND IAN BACK.

... when you're used to Gaia characters having bizarro cartoon proportions, and you're confused by seeing new artists draw them more realistically.

... when you make Reapersun sad by complaining about her art because you're used to bizarro cartoon proportions and she draws them more realistically. (yes, I still kick myself for this two and a half years later and can barely stand to visit her profile to collect freebies because of it. And because I can't help wondering if my complaints are what got Gambino killed.)

... when you periodically have to stop and stare at the new gold shop prices because once upon a time 10,000 gold was being richer than Johnny K., and nowadays that's pocket change. eek

Aged Seeker

You know your an oldie when your older than the market place and Durem. Oh and having the pimp set and fairy wings made you rich.
Kalium19
You know you're an oldbie if you can remember the days housing was a big deal and it was hard to find a new home.
Wrong. You're only an Oldbie if you can remember when 'There Was No Housing'.

Azurianne's Husband

Versatile Receiver

13,900 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Perfect Attendance 400
a fake profile
I remember the prommie years

Oh man middle school memories (in 2nd year of university now). Everyone basically wanted to be Sith Lord Ali while donating all their gold to him/later her. I think they still do that, but I haven't been to the GD in years (out of fear of getting banned lol).
I had an old account made in 2005 when I was 12, I left Gaia in 2009. But I do remember back then, in the chatterbox there was a guy named "I Hate Children" and he was famous for randomly posting WW2 references like "Hitler will attack without warning! So always wear your gas masks!" something like that, followed by a black and white picture of a soldier in a gas mask. Everytime I think about the old gaia in the chatter I'd always see this guy EVERYWHERE.

Assimilated Survivor

Well, it's not the oldest thing ever, but I remember when the marketplace changed over to the new format.
And blonde Ian, and no homes, no towns. When ruby sold hats... >_>

Salty Rogue

Sound Pollution
a fake profile
I remember the prommie years

Oh man middle school memories (in 2nd year of university now). Everyone basically wanted to be Sith Lord Ali while donating all their gold to him/later her. I think they still do that, but I haven't been to the GD in years (out of fear of getting banned lol).
ffs Sith Lord Ali gonk gonk gonk

Every once in a while i remember the SLA gender debacle emotion_facepalm

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas