Welcome to Gaia! ::

clarion's King

Super Model

LabTech Kestin
Magus
Renetah
You know you're an oldby when you come to the MP thinking your 3k will get you a Pale Marionette

I don't understand this one.

I interpreted it as something like this:

Quote:
(2003) Wow, I finally saved up 3k! *leaves Gaia for some reason or another*
(2010) *comes back* Wow, look at all these cool new items! This one's pretty neat...huh, notoriously rare and expensive? Pssh, with that 3k I saved seven years ago, I'm on top of the game! biggrin

...it's severely lacking in logic, but then again, so are most Gaians! *rimshot* it's the only way I could think of to make sense out of that one. xp

Lol, that's how I thought of it as well. I didn't see how that accounted for one to be an olbie, which is why I asked.
You can remember when things were cheap, but if you think you can come back in 2011 thinking candy bars are still 10 cents, that just makes you senile lol

Sarcastic Prophet

Soprano Mochi Kitty
I miss what Extended Discussion used to be like. gonk
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Omg, me too. sad
I saw someone post about calling mc donation items. check yes for me.

when you miss the days before the cash shop basically ruined gaia rolleyes

and when you used to have friends on here years ago but have all moved on yet still find yourself on every once in a while. just to kill that curiosity

Festive Hunter

14,275 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Lavish Tipper 200
Your an oldie when you call what are now Ci's Rig's

Friendly Conversationalist

I joined back in 2003 on my main (which I just recently got back after it was hacked ages ago), and you know you're an oldbie when:

1. Popular members were called Prommies and they were like celebs around Gaia...and EVERYONE knew them.

2. you had pantie / boxer auctions in the exchange to raise money for your quest, and everyone had fun with it. Nowadays you cant do an auction like that with out people calling you a perv or flaming you to "go beg in the charity forum noob."

Friendly Phantom

i remember using the maps to get to the shops

and using the ART ARENA ~lol~

6,750 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Dressed Up 200
Jin Kei Hinote
I joined back in 2003 on my main (which I just recently got back after it was hacked ages ago), and you know you're an oldbie when:

1. Popular members were called Prommies and they were like celebs around Gaia...and EVERYONE knew them.

2. you had pantie / boxer auctions in the exchange to raise money for your quest, and everyone had fun with it. Nowadays you cant do an auction like that with out people calling you a perv or flaming you to "go beg in the charity forum noob."
Oh god I remember those panty auctions.. there were so many xD But they were fun lol.

Beloved Perfectionist

PoultryChamp
You know you're a Gaia oldbie when you groan everytime someone says "sushi"

this seriously made my night. thank you lol
I miss when the GD was fun.

The CB wasn't JUST spam.

ED had discussion hardcore.

And the GCD didn't even exist.

Friendly Conversationalist

Mizz Blizz
Jin Kei Hinote

Oh god I remember those panty auctions.. there were so many xD But they were fun lol.
I know right, XD My friend Troggard had a boxer auction once and since he was a prommie at the time (he left though and hasnt come back : ( ) a lot of girls went nuts over them. XD it was the funniest thing ever to watch.

Prophet

How about... When you still harbor the tiny, pale hope that site events will be awesome competitions where you can choose a team and actually contribute toward their victory.

Competitive events are kinda dead now ;o; pity since they were my favorite part.
      You're an oldie when you remember
      that the admin didn't always have a "body".

edit
      And the annoying kitty girl in the header.
      Who totally had the hots for that red-haired kid.

6,750 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Dressed Up 200
Jin Kei Hinote
Mizz Blizz
Jin Kei Hinote

I know right, XD My friend Troggard had a boxer auction once and since he was a prommie at the time (he left though and hasnt come back : ( ) a lot of girls went nuts over them. XD it was the funniest thing ever to watch.

LOL. These auctions could get pretty serious though. I've seen several in the millions xD

Salty Rogue

lucifarious
      You're an oldie when you remember
      that the admin didn't always have a "body".

edit
      And the annoying kitty girl in the header.
      Who totally had the hots for that red-haired kid.
YESSS <3

I got my steel plated ninja band for 50k and it took me a month OH GOD ;___;

Distrustful Guardian

User Image
User Image

You know you're a gaia oldbie when you remember
people actually LINKING to gaia on their personal
sites to try to build the user base. cool

User Image
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff