Welcome to Gaia! ::

Unstoppable Hoarder

Darling Chibi Tenshi
User Image
You know you're an Oldbie when you recall the Link House.
T____T

User Image

Or the Personals.
x.x
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
... you've said, "I should've bought that when it was 50K. Now it's 17 mill..."
You know you're a gaia oldbie when you lived in the days where it was rare to receive and announcment and you got excited over it. unlike today where 500 billion of them pop up in one week. -_-

Sparkly Fairy

Teuthida
You know your a gaia oldbie when you say Nitemare instead of Demonic.
I still do that! xd
Renescence
Mockary
Renescence
You know your an oldbie when you remember The Great Gaia Depression. (Or thats what some users called it.)

A hacker hacked into the Gaia system, and Gaia had to shut off all forms of trading and getting gold. It was a day where all trades were down and no matter what you did, you couldn't get gold. The Gaia economy had crashed.
I remember that. I didn't know it was caused by a hacker. o.0
I believe so. A hacker by the name of Forbidden. But I could be mistaken. It was real bad. The admins were all in a panic about it. O_o

User Image
When did it happen...? I THINK I was on when it happened.....

User Image
'05er, kindaish. ^^;;

When you remember joining Gaia and being confused.
You were given a Peasant Dress and 400 g.
You had to navigate around Gaia to go to the different shops.
You were confused at which shops were which and had problems finding it again. x)

User Image

Pure-hearted Snowflake

25,690 Points
  • Team Devin 200
  • Cheercrusher 50
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
Renescence
Mockary
Renescence
You know your an oldbie when you remember The Great Gaia Depression. (Or thats what some users called it.)

A hacker hacked into the Gaia system, and Gaia had to shut off all forms of trading and getting gold. It was a day where all trades were down and no matter what you did, you couldn't get gold. The Gaia economy had crashed.
I believe so. A hacker by the name of Forbidden. But I could be mistaken. It was real bad. The admins were all in a panic about it. O_o
Eek I remember in 04 first my inventory was eaten by a glitch including my latest purchase of a nitemare scarf for 74k then I made friends with this generous girl who gave me a bunch of 03 stuff like sashes and such then my account gets hacked I report it turned out the girl was doing credit card fraud and had hacked my account to get stuff when her accounts were banned for the credit card fraud then mine was banned till I think l0cke was it l0cke had it all looked into and made sure I was completely innocent and just made friends with the wrong person. So I got everything returned and then got like 18 of my most expensive items back outta losing my whole inventory from the retrieval. Ah the good old days.
-Dee Racoon-
You know your a Gaia oldbie if you remember that comic with Rina and Leon that popped up after joining, and the sushi database thingy.
I was going to post the comic, but I can't find it ^^;;

Oh My Gosh! I remember that!

I remember I was so proud of my peasant clothing T^T It was the only clothes I had.
I do miss Gaia's site back in 'o3...
But I don't mind the new Gaia. It's a huge community too. It's good but it's bad too~

Sparkly Fairy

Darling Chibi Tenshi
Renescence
Mockary
Renescence

User Image
When did it happen...? I THINK I was on when it happened.....

User Image
I know I was on when that happened. The GCD was all in an uproar about it. xd It was actually kinda funny. I think it was back in 04-05 somewhere around there. I remember trying to post, and not getting gold, or pollwhoreing and not getting gold. It was a crazy day indeed. I don't remember how long it lasted though.
....When you remember pink links.
....When you remember Ian at his shop.

Pure-hearted Snowflake

25,690 Points
  • Team Devin 200
  • Cheercrusher 50
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
InuAmy

I remember I was so proud of my peasant clothing T^T It was the only clothes I had.
I do miss Gaia's site back in 'o3...
But I don't mind the new Gaia. It's a huge community too. It's good but it's bad too~
I use to wear peasant dresses with pride and quest for stuff and be like I'm not changing till I have that item and back then 40k seemed like alot. lol.
I don't know if they have been said but
You know your an oldbie when you remember the great Sushi Database Error

and

You know your an olbie when your remember the Roll-backs that killed out the zombies and invisi-bobs

Healing Hero

You know you're an oldbie when the first thing you would do upon visiting Gaia was to click the sponsorship links.

OH THE IRONY!

Pure-hearted Snowflake

25,690 Points
  • Team Devin 200
  • Cheercrusher 50
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
Yeah the roll backs what I'm referring to. I was so mad when I lost my inventory then to top it off I lost my zombie hawtness.

Your an oldbie when you remember Jakobo wasnt always an admin and his bet with whitejoker at the olympics. And you remember people who are now mods before they were and remember mods who now aren't. And you remember before all the weird titles were given when it was just mods and admins and I think there were helpers.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff