Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hallowed Sex Symbol

14,550 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Millionaire 200
Gaia is the reason WHY items are inflating, because of their stupid Flynn bullshit.

Flint Jakobs's Compadre

Fuzzy Faun

Evil Made FIesh
Gaia is the reason WHY items are inflating, because of their stupid Flynn bullshit.

nobody forced anyone to buy Flynn's booty. It was completely optional. Extremely enticing, but completely optional.

They made it available but a body doesn't have to purchase it.

Businesses don't usually attempt to sell things that don't make money

Impassioned Misfit

This is a very valid point. Kudos.

Buggy Mage

True, gaians have free will but isn't Gaia sort of enabling a foreseeable response?

I'm not sure why anyone has to be blamed in the first place but if it's wrong to blame Gaia then it's equally wrong to blame individual users.
As for me? Yeah it's kind of chaotic but I've made a lot from this chaos so I can't really complain.

The new users I feel are the real victim in all this. They'll probably feel pretty excluded from opportunities to get nicer calibur items. Granted, you don't absolutely need items but I don't think anyones going to argue that isn't one of the main reasons people enjoy Gaia so much.
To take away the readily available items in the marketplace, as we've enjoyed pre-flynnflation,
is kind of like taking away a lot of user satisfaction.

Tricky Survivor

All this inflation is messing with my head but I gotta admit the first thing I did when the Verge Flynn's booty came out was think about buying some (even though I'm not in verge) :C

Point is, I totally would have (in theory since I have no money)

i'm greedy

Merry Traveler

Slider546
To be completely fair, I think most of us have used Flynn's Booty.

I purchased a bundle like I always do with CIs when they come out, but then I realized the implications that went alongside the item.

Yes, Gaia has effectively poured gold into the economy, but I agree with our friendly admin here.
It is ultimately up to the users if they are going to spend outrageous amounts of money on items in the MP, especially alchemy items as of late.

I doubt that they could have paired anything more poorly than Flynn's Booty and the Alchemy update.

TL;DR The MP is up 400%, and everybody is at fault.

And give increase profit to fisher
well at least my gold source has inflation income now

don't forget the action of AI-ing going on
taking the chance of gaia's action as reason to inflate item

Demonic Human

I cannot even argue with that point, sure it's caused by Gaia but its Gaians who chose to raise the prices really.
I like to knowing that I'm not a part of this problem because there is no way I will buy the items I want for such an inflated price. I'll just let my patience do the work for me.

Celestial Spirit

Angelic Reprobate
I cannot even argue with that point, sure it's caused by Gaia but its Gaians who chose to raise the prices really.
I like to knowing that I'm not a part of this problem because there is no way I will buy the items I want for such an inflated price. I'll just let my patience do the work for me.

Exactly what I was going to say. Nice to know I'm not the only one who can stand to wait anymore.

Benevolent Entrepreneur

13,750 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Contributor 150
  • Profitable 100
Gaia's still existing because all of us are being part of this community, some of us enrolling in marketplace Buy Sell Bid, it's why items have prices tag (Gaia created it). Tons of items, many are free through grant links, we have options to wear nothing and it's still able to play Gaia's flash games; communicate with others gaians and learning.

It's virtual items, virtual currency, pixels. It's straight forwards. No one's fault. Gaia is doing Gaia's things since the beginning, with gaians (people who signed up and participating behind computers) involve.

Hotorobi
both is to blame

or we can choose not blaming anyone not even ourselves (me and you)

Angelic Nitemare

Piggyback-Chan
I would of taken you seriously if OP wasn't a site moderator.

LOL really? Common you can't convince people that way, that's not how it works.
Actually, her position has very little to do with her opinion.

Trust me, working for Gaia doesn't mean everything is black and white. It's the same as with anyone else.

I am sure you can ask some of the staff in house. They are likely tired of hearing me rant about PR and economics the past few days.

I tend to be a noisy rabbit.-lol-

Dangerous Ladykiller

13,050 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Nerd 50
I do agree that everyone had a hand in this, but I place a large amount of blame on the increase amount of gold from Flynn's Booty being pumped into the system. I can't really place blame on the users selling their items higher in the MP because it was a result of massive inflation. Prices are controlled by the users and what users will spend, but at the same time the MP, just like our stock market also has a mind on it's own. Prices one day can be worth so much and the next be worth so little or vice versa. Many factors play into this: supply and demand, users are seeing that items are increasing in price. So those who want to get the most out of their buck are hoarding their items, decreasing the supply. Since the supply has been decreased, the prices are rising. Inflation, users see that their gold is worth less now. Everyone now has a large amount of gold with the result of Flynn's Booty. Since the supply for items are becoming shorten from hoarding, people who are too scared to sell, and etc the prices are pushed up high. So they have no choice but to pay the price that is given because the price can rise even higher at any given second. Value, It doesn't help that our gold now no longer has a value at the moment. Normally, 10 dollars would be 1million gold or every 100k would equal up to 2.50 USD. Now with the Flynn's Booty, there is no way to determined what the USD to 1million gold is. Gold has became devalued and with that results to be worth very little compared to the USD.

TL;DR
The users of Gaia place the items based off the hyperinflation, just like the stock market. People are hoarding their items reducing supply, people are selling high because everything else costs so much, and there is no value in the USD to the cost of gold.

My personal opinion for a solution : increase the tax rate in the marketplace.

Decorated Pumpkin

18,500 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
It's mostly an issue of distrust. The ideal situation would be if every seller in the marketplace kept their prices affordable and that every buyer would only buy what they needed. But that's just it - an ideal. Sellers would, knowing that buyers have more gold, of course raise their prices accordingly. If they didn't, it risks a shortage of items in the market, because you know people with the money will be buying them out like hotcakes. Buyers, having so much gold on their hands, will buy that item they wanted for so long despite the price.

So to answer OP, of course the users have their part in the problem. But I place more blame in Gaia for enabling the situation. Saying that they wouldn't have known the implications of injecting so much gold into the market would be painting them as saints - which they obviously aren't.

Destructive Bunny

Topics like this makes me think economics should be compulsory emotion_facepalm

chiipan's Husbando

Hot Superstar

52,350 Points
  • Snow Ninja 500
  • Survivor 150
  • Bitter Sandstorm 200
Hmm, you do have a point there.
Sellers putting outrages prices (greedy) then us buying the outrageous item (needy) then shifted the blame to gaia. We all have a fault...

Big Member

20,000 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Magical Girl 50
Ridley Starsmore
Piggyback-Chan
I would of taken you seriously if OP wasn't a site moderator.

LOL really? Common you can't convince people that way, that's not how it works.
Actually, her position has very little to do with her opinion.

Trust me, working for Gaia doesn't mean everything is black and white. It's the same as with anyone else.

That's kinda funny considering. rolleyes

Yes both parties are to blame, but I see it more like 70-30.

There wouldn't be a want for drugs if they weren't supplied in the first place. That's how it seems to me.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff