• Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Battle: KO 200
Unconditional Heart
grape_overlord
Unconditional Heart
grape_overlord
Unconditional Heart
Actually I agree, it's not entirely gaias fault, but also at fault of we the people so to speak.
It's mostly at how desperate or impatient one is.

Mostly impatient. In this age of instant gratification people really don't wanna wait around for anything... especially on the internet.

Pretty much, imstant gratification tends to trump all sensibility.

I'm a victim of it and I have absolutely no qualms about admitting that.

Yeah, it happens, it's human nature. It's like when my hubby wanted an iPhone that recently came out. He wanted it so bad that he spent quite a bit of money. Luckily it has payments. crying
Irl and online it can happen, and is so easily overlooked.

It's especially easy for people like me who simply score the free cash and don't have an attachment to it. All the free stuff is easy to spend because it's not coming out of my paycheck.

Queen_Nyssa's Waifu

Biggest Anubutt

19,850 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Survivor 150
Man, I would've bought at least one if I was in Verge.

YOUR LOSS GAIA.

... sad .

No, seriously, I'm not even mad about any of this, though. I just want in on the action.

Perfectionist

23,600 Points
  • Kuro Gang 250
  • Married 100
  • The Key to Victory 50
☠ ☠ "Ring a bell so the serpent hears us, let her know that we're tried and true. ." ☠ ☠

User Image

I agree with this 100%, actually. But I know someone is going to stroll in here and say "NU-UH!!! IT'S GAIA'S FAULT FOR PUMPING MORE GOLD INTO THE SYSTEM!!!! ALL THEIR FAULT!!!!" And if we try to get them to see reason we might upset them slightly. As in "NU-UH!! YOU'RE JUST BEING MEAN TO ME!!! [Runs away crying]"
But to be fair, the blame is split 50 / 50; Gaia for giving it to us, and all of us for buying overpriced items. You KNOW something is wrong when I sell an item that's 100something thousand gold on average for 400something thousand gold. XD

☠ ☠ ". .No the beasts, they won't get near us- And we're not scared of You." ☠ ☠

Sex Symbol

I whole heatedly agree with the comments laid out so far in this thread .

Although Gaia did introduce a means to accelerate an already problem issue. It is the users who have ultimately decided to continue purchasing Flynn's and buy certain items at inflated prices increasing the ABP drastically.

Gaia merely provided us the ammo we're just pulling the trigger as expected.

People need to come to terms though that this sort of business practice laid out by Gaia will continue. Gaia has made this blatantly obvious.

Angelic Nitemare

Just as a matter of counterpoint.

Gold on this site has one function. To be spent. By all users.

If it is given out, what else is there to do but spend it.

Now, if a large amount of gold is pushed into the system without a proper way to dispose of excess, the gold becomes less valuable. Meaning more of it will be required for the same task.

Such as buying things in the MP. Site wide gold count directly affects the rules of supply and demand for the sort of exchange the MP uses. The more currency there is, the less currency is worth.

It's like the difference between higher demand items and common grants/store items. If an item is easily accessible, then it's value on the free market isn't going to be as high to the consumer base as a limited quantity item. On a site like this, that is further enhanced by forced rarity. Not a bad thing in a digital market, but it does exist.

And with gold, it's the same factor. If gold is easier to come by, then it has less value as a spending platform. So the amount used in a free enterprise system like Gaia's will naturally increase to compensate till it balances. This is usually done either in a currency disposal point (Read: gold sink) or the method of it's production is eliminated.

But since neither has really happened to the level needed to compensate for the increase, market values have adjusted accordingly. Basic laws of economics.

Liberal Nerd

Slider546
...friendly admin here....

I'm sorry, just quickly commenting.

She is a Moderator. Admin are orange, Mods are Green. sweatdrop

Carry on then.

Noble Newb

21,125 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Your post ignores basic economic forces. Assume in your imaginary fairy land that we, the nice, generous users all decided to price fix, and the value was far below the amount people are willing to pay. Then, there would be no items, so you wouldn't get what you wanted anyway. There are of course situations with limited supply where the price is above the natural price point for the item, but for the most part, people want to make money so they will undercut each other until things sell. So no, you cannot blame massive inflation on the users, it is the direct result of gold injected into the economy.

Whether that is a bad thing or not, I can't say. It is obviously bad for people who earn their gold directly though games on the site, but for people to buy, sell and gather items (such as the ludicrously inflated old crumpled newspaper), it doesn't really have much impact. yum_pie

Angelic Nitemare

Rgoodermote
Slider546

Carry on then.

Oh sure, just leave us Pinkies out. I SEE HOW IT IS, SENPAI!

-runs away crying-

kayla wasabi's Husband

Friendly Friend

oh come on lol
blaming the users for their lack of control?
i think you're forgetting most of them never had that much gold in their gaia lives
like they could have any patience on buying their dream items
selling gold for money in the cash shop
inflation was inevitable, everybody knew that
you'd have to be really blind/naive to not see it
so while both had a hand in the inflation, i blame gaia for the most part
they had too much experience to not see this coming and yet they keep rereleasing the thing

Liberal Nerd

Ridley Starsmore
Rgoodermote
Slider546

Carry on then.

-runs away crying-

You only count when I'm hungry.

Gambino Businessman

12,450 Points
  • Hunter 50
  • Survivor 150
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
.....Wow I'm simply speechless that you are pushing the blame on us.
Yes Market place is set by the users but Gaia made gold worth nothing. What made users sell their items at a higher price to make even or a small profit.

Let me ask you something what involves the real world during the great depression in Germany the government decided to print out more money and put it circulation making it's euro worth nothing causing store owns to sell their items for more money. Who's fault was it the people for trying make a profit and survive or the government's?

Angelic Nitemare

Rgoodermote
Ridley Starsmore
Rgoodermote
Slider546

Carry on then.

-runs away crying-

You only count when I'm hungry.

Are you saying you want to EAT ME?

ON TOPIC: The simple issue is, there is too much gold, and insufficient sinks. Where else is it going to go but in the MP?

Omnipresent Phantom

9,200 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Megathread 100
Rgoodermote
Slider546

Carry on then.

My mistake, I usually use the word admin to describe any site worker.

Backwoods Witch

yes. yes x10000

headsprout's Wife

Crumbly Bum

I understand your point, it's valid, but... it's still largely because of the Flynn's items. > w <

If handed a s**t-ton of gold, why wouldn't you nab those items you've been lusting after now that you can afford them? I mean, if you really want it and suddenly have the funds then you probably have little regard for the price. If you don't buy it, someone else surely will. I'd say "******** it" too. Can you really blame them?

As for sellers, I am one of the d-bags who is selling for an inflated price. I can give a personal anecdote. When items first inflated, I sold many of my high-end items at a reasonable, pre-inflation price because I thought that was the fair thing to do... and I ******** myself over doing that. No way I can buy any of that back, and relative to the inflation, my account worth has actually gone down even though I've been working hard. Now I am further from my quest than a few months ago because I couldn't keep up with the times. I'm totally ignoring all the PM's I get with offers on my items now because trying to be decent and deciding to give people a break has ruined me. :c

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff