Welcome to Gaia! ::

Buggy Mage

Nikko Roseus

People shouldn't have bought Flynn's booty then. wink

Gaia is providing Flynn items at an ever decreasing price(what was this most recent one going for? $5?) and the odds are just going up and up with users regularly reporting huge winnings in the GCD. I really don't think this is meant to be an easy offer to resist. In fact, it seems to be more like an offer users are simply unlikely to turn away.
UNSUB
People keep buying Flynn's gratuitous body parts. Gaia doesn't buy those for them.
Agreed emotion_c8
Fire 0ak
Nikko Roseus

People shouldn't have bought Flynn's booty then. wink

Gaia is providing Flynn items at an ever decreasing price(what was this most recent one going for? $5?) and the odds are just going up and up with users regularly reporting huge winnings in the GCD. I really don't think this is meant to be an easy offer to resist. In fact, it seems to be more like an offer users are simply unlikely to turn away.

I guess people just need a strong will manz. sad

Generous Gaian

10,550 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Marathon 300
  • Big Tipper 100
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Everytime i come into the GCD someone is always bitching about the currency and how much everything is now. We are totally to blame, thank god you totally get it, now if only the rest of Gaian's would get their a** in this thread!

ive seen sooo many threads saying "im quitting", "this is bullshit", "selling items"
its the same its always been since ive been on gaia.
i started in '04 (not on this account)

and everything was so much worse off,
be lucky that we're getting more gold options..
we we're lucky to make 100g with just posting

sorry for my long a** rant.
but im glad you get it!

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Lonely Lunatic

7,525 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
Miss Pixi
But I feel like people set the buy prices high because they KNOW people have immense amounts of gold.

It's not entirely Gaia's fault, but I'm fairly certain Gaia knew this would be the effect, and knew that the only way to actually obtain items would be to buy more Booty than the other people willing to pay.

It's a money-making scheme. After the miniature fiasco with that stupid, offensive survey, I sincerely hope that Gaia isn't planning to just ditch the current site, run with the profits, and set up camp in the new 18+ venture.

Hilarious Genius

950 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
  • Timid 100
The only threads I've been seeing is about problems related to Gaia like come on write the Admins can we at least enjoy whats left of Gaia i see they removed General Discussion; now its Community Discussion, rolleyes rolleyes rolleyes rolleyes YAWN .. technically it is Gaia fault because they advertise the retailed prices on sites such as profile or player creators

Tipsy Genius

Yup. As much as I blame gaia for the "reverse goldsink", I blame users for inflating everything out the ******** wazoo purely because of greed.
It's deplorable.
What's sad is the release of flynn's booty was with good intentions. It just so happened to be- a flop.

Shy Gaian

It'd say it's 75% Gaia's fault, and 25% the users.
Yes, it's their fault for putting a tempting deal like that out, (That I even went for a few times, I admit.... :/ )
But users, even those like me that fell into the trap. I told myself I wasn't going to buy it... But I just had to. Had to get my gold count up, and ********. My gold count is up and I still can't ******** buy anything.

emo

Tipsy Cat

9,225 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Elindranyth
Yes, Gaia has dumped a lot of gold into the economy. Yes, this devalues the currency.

But the prices in the Marketplace are set by users. The value of an item on Gaia is only that which someone is willing to pay.
You already said it yourself, Gaia devalued the currency.

That means that the gold's purchasing power has lowered which resulted to higher prices.
The items still hold the same value, the reason why the prices are so high is because the money used to buy them now holds a lower value than before.

So why is it the users' fault again? rofl
And this is coming out of a moderator, of all people. Tsk, tsk.
Cassander Valentine
I think that when people lay blame, they typically lay it on the original source of the problem. Inflation is a direct result of users increasing the prices on their items; users increasing the prices on their items is a direct result of Gaia releasing Flynn's Booty. Presumably no one was forced into buying this item from Gaia, but people did this of their own choosing. People choosing to buy Flynn's Booty is a direct result of people having the option to buy Flynn's Booty, people having the option to buy Flynn's Booty is a direct result of Gaia selling Flynn's Booty. It all leads back to Gaia in the end no matter how you look at it.

I don't think this is an issue where the blame is divisible into two separate groups. It seems to me that if you were to make a graph to show the distribution of blame, using say the color red to signify Gaia being at fault and dots to signify users being at fault, the entire graph would be red, and a smaller portion would also have dots. There would be no segment with dots and no red. Yeah?
Look at you! Posting in the GCD.. referencing hypothetical graphs.. omg I'm so proud. quq

@topic: Yeah but there have always been users attempting to manipulate the marketplace for their own profits, and they have had many successes and failures, and balance has generally been maintained. The only difference between the past and our current economy is the massive influx of gold into the system, which was essentially Gaia's way of enthusiastically supporting the manipulative increase of prices. People are blaming Gaia moreso than its users because the users' collective behavior hasn't actually changed, whereas Gaia took active measures to cause this.

Dangerous Sex Symbol

This must have been what it was like to live through the fall of Rapture.

Damn.

Bara Doge's Queen

Omnipresent Senshi

Well of course it's not Gaia's fault in its entirety.
These sales would've stopped if there were no consumers willing to buy these items to begin with.
And yes, we as users set the price in the marketplace, but it is also true that vendors have always been like this.

I've seen it with a lot of items before this got out of proportion, with items skyrocketing in price in a matter of months because vendors are that greedy, and then the same items get on sale and their value goes down to hell and beyond because vendors want quick gold. As much as it's the users' fault, Gaia in some way or another is enhancing this behavior, and until one of the two parts ceases with this bullshit, we won't see a change.

Loved Master

35,975 Points
  • Potion Disaster 50
  • Love Machine 150
  • Potion Master 50
T y l e n o l.
. Gaia doesn't get s**t from me. )

may i ask what item is your lips. or items?

Witty Smoker

gaia_nitemareleft what i have noticed ( at least for me) is that you kind HAVE to sell for inflated price CAUSE of the massive inflation.
Example: i want a merry mime. it's lmp is 5.4m( was orginally around 2m-3m) so be able to get to that price i have to sell my aria 5th gen for 2.5m,, ( i feel like a douche just admitting that cause that is some bs) but i DO et cause it will put me in a range to be able to BUY the inflated pos... and even if i WERE to put aria in the normal range of 1.1( even that is steep in my mind) a vendor would snap it up and resell it for the bs price. not letting someone who actually WANT it have a chance of it... crying gaia_nitemareright

Conservative Autobiographer

kaydiamond59
can we at least enjoy whats left of Gaia i see they removed General Discussion; now its Community Discussion, rolleyes rolleyes rolleyes rolleyes YAWN ..

GD

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces