Welcome to Gaia! ::

Have you ever thought about what Gaia REALLY is and what it might be more than. On the basic level Gaia is just a forum website with lots of random strangers. But can it be more than that. Gaia is like... my home.. it feels like a real world to me.

Reasoning:
-Users call themselves Gaians. Much like people living in America call themselves Americans, and people from Canada are Canadians, people from Mexico? Mexicans... Then there are the British... they're just weird. (Naw, I'm just kidding)
-We have what feels like a political world with the whole "Von Helson" versus "Gambino" it feels like the last election in America where everyone was practically at eachother's throats. Though... Gaia has no real government in the NPC world. I suppose you could say the admins and mods are kinda like our political leaders, they keep us in line and make the rules.
-After being here a while people start to get to know you or your persona that you use on Gaia. When you move somewhere in the real world you are a nobody. When you are there for a while you develop a reputation based on how you act and the same thing happens on Gaia.
-People seem to unite when something tragic happens. Whether it is the April 1st incident of the death of a fellow Gaian like Chiharu, so many people in my community got together after a good friend of mine died in December.
-I'm not saying "Let's all be friends" because there are people in my community I hate ^-^, but that just makes it more like a community, there are people you like, there are people you hate, there are people you get along with, there are people you argue with.

Gaia is like my home away from home, I feel lurfed here and also I'm not held back by a lot of my fears of embarassment as I am in the real world.

What is Gaia to you?

Okay, also can you please donate to the "BakaTulip needs a life fund"?
Gaia to me is what you listed there. Seriously, now that I think about it. wink
To me, Gaia is lurking in the shadows in an attempt to seek a place to fit in.

3nodding heart Hiiiiii Tuuuuliiiip.
sweatdrop That's pretty much what Gaia is to me.
Gaia is my home for me too. And Gaians are not quite random strangers.. If you hang out in the right place, you'll eventually get to know just about everyone. Take small guilds for an example. domokun
[Hannah]
To me, Gaia is lurking in the shadows in an attempt to seek a place to fit in.

3nodding heart Hiiiiii Tuuuuliiiip.
Hiiiii Hannah!
Alraune
Gaia is my home for me too. And Gaians are not quite random strangers.. If you hang out in the right place, you'll eventually get to know just about everyone. Take small guilds for an example. domokun
Well put. Same thing with any forum, just hang out enough and you'll see the same people around *poke* like you
BakaTulip
Alraune
Well put. Same thing with any forum, just hang out enough and you'll see the same people around *poke* like you
whee
gaia is like pogo dancing to me .....

i love it but it can get pertty harsh sometimes
Frutillita
gaia is like pogo dancing to me .....

i love it but it can get pertty harsh sometimes

Pogo Dancing? *blinku*
Gaia is like another home for everyone. The laws of real life do apply to it also. The 3 things that matter the most for example: Power, Money and Women.
I agree. Gaia rocks my rainbow toe socks. surprised heart
Issac Montana
Gaia is like another home for everyone. The laws of real life do apply to it also. The 3 things that matter the most for example: Power, Money and Women.
stare
Thats a really nice way to put it.. I also throw myself into Gaia instead of into the real world. I like escaping! heart

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff