Welcome to Gaia! ::

CeryusOfDarkness
Sarteck
CeryusOfDarkness
Sarteck
Saphiro_Azure
Sarteck
Hey, guys, I'm new, so please don't pelt me with squishy veggies or anything... But what is wrong with selling a Thank YOu letter for whatever price you wanted to sell it for? I mean, how would you be so sure that this person is trying to "trick" others?

... because we know what item is in the letter and what it is worth.. the 03' letters are far more valuable than the 04' letters/ items.. you really are new and you have a lot to learn.
Well, yeah, you know what the letter is worth; to you. I have tried (and failed, of course) to sell my May '05 letter for 10K, but not because I was trying to trick anyone; that is what the value is to me, and I would not take less for it (probably because I am new, true, but it's the first Donation Item I ever got, heh).

If someone has something set up for sale on the market, then you can plainly see exactly what it is; no tricks or anything. You can't hide the picture of it, change the title of it, or mask your price. If you buy it, it's not because you were tricked into it.

Actually, there is basically a set value for ALL items...

Right here...
Hey, that's a nice guide, and I have it bookmarked for later use. Thanks!

But... that is a GUIDE. Nothing more (especially since it is not on Gaia, but even that is irrelavant). There is a rule in the Marketplace FAQ not to sell low-priced items for insane amounts of Gold (and it gives a few examples of "low-priced items" as well), but there is nothing to stop you from selling a Thank YOu letter for whatever price you think people might buy it for.

No prob.

Yeah, that's all fine and dandy, but that's no excuse for trying to sell a Sept. '04 letter for over... 4 million was it? Anyway, your right, there is nothing stopping them, but that doesn't make it right to make letters unavailable to people like that. If they're going to sell something, they should do it at a reasonable price.
I do agree that if people want to sell them for a high price, it should not be an impossibly high price. However, there is really no rule against them doing this (again, except with "low-priced items" wink . However, I see it all the time with low-priced items as well (three cans selling for 49 million with not even a Bid price? C'mon!), and that burns my bllod; from now on, when I see that kind of thing, I will report it.

The question is, however, with the high-priced items being placed on the Market for an impossible price, is it Greed or Spam? Are they placing the items there in hopes that someone will actually buy it, or are they putting the item up just to spam the Market? (This is one reason I am very grateful for the 4-item limit for selling...)
you can always join the Anti-Gaia Inflation Guild. the link is in my siggy. ^_^ we need as much support as we can get!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff