Undead Enchantress

gonk
No respect for the dead. crying

Inquisitive Seeker

14,550 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Brandisher 100
  • Team Jacob 100
There's only one trick I'm using in my current avi. With the Autumn Bride dress layered over the Pistolera jerkin (no, really. I'm not jerkin you' around), you end up with something that looks more like a bolero from the Pistolera.
I partially blame myself for the rise in the Black Butler: Claude Faustus market price, but I still absolutely love how the glasses in the item layer over pretty much every face Gaia has to offer. Some really well, some poorly. It depends on the size/shape of the eyes. My current avatar, I'm using my favorite combination, the Black Butler: Claude Faustus (glasses) over the Case of Pietro (Detective's determined face). I've been abusing the heck out of this layering ever since I found it out.

Slumbering Tengu

Let's see if I can find some zingers either from what I've personally found or what I've saw
(primarily from the made for each other thread)

Cool spooky background: Trick or Treat Tote + Ravenwood
User Image

Really cute eyes:
1. NSFW + Reve (eyes)
User Image

2. Case of Pietro (thief makeup) + Bad Moon (eyes)
User Image

Sweet headband: Drunken-fu tie + Elven circlet + Ritzy fascinator
User Image

Absolutely silly: Case of Pietro (thief body mod) + hand helds (swords are the best)
+ drained corpse (for added effect) [yes this combo still works]
User Image

Totally cool handheld harmonica: Equestrianism Fashion + Live Free or Pie Hard
User Image

Collector Cutie-Pie

Ardee01
I often use Lumiere Noir's skins + any face mod for the faceless effect. I think that's the only trick I ever know and use.

Omg!!! So glad I saw this, I had the item forever and had no idea it did that, I was tempted to sell it because I hadn't found it useful. Thanks!

Sparkly Phantom

9,500 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Happy Birthday! 100
I'm a layering addict .__. I can't make a proper avatar without having 10+ items layering over each other. I can't resist, It's so fun to use items in new ways. I also like to use cheap event/free/old items and give them a new life with layering.

Collector Cutie-Pie

JulieKablooie
For Halloween 2011, I made a ghost avatar with a really neat layering trick:
User Image
It uses The Nightmare and the Twilight Skin. Now, however, using the nightmare takes off the twilight skin's head glitters too emo

I was wondering if you don't mind, what you use for your green eyes? C:

Assimilated Survivor

ClefairyKid
JulieKablooie
User Image
It uses The Nightmare and the Twilight Skin. Now, however, using the nightmare takes off the twilight skin's head glitters too emo

Yeah it's just the shop eyes! They're the Vivid style. But I also have Stage Makeup item on for the super-edgy-hardcore extra eye definition/makeup.

Gambino Believer

41,200 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Cheerbringer 100
  • Happy Holidays 2k13! 100

Not much of a trick, but one of the golden bracelets can layer over the arm from the demonic guitar item, and makes it look like the bracelet is on the demon arm. Was kind of interesting.

I used to have better tricks but I can't remember what any of them were now... >>;;

I did see one someone else did about a year or so ago with a hot dog, bubble gum (I think), and some other items that I'm not sure what they were, but one kind of looked like a Santa Claus character with his back turned and standing in front of the main avatar, with the hot dog slightly to the side... The combination made for a rather... erm... naughty avatar. It cracked me up enough that I had to save a copy of the avatar... I still have the picture... xd

Collector Cutie-Pie

JulieKablooie
ClefairyKid
JulieKablooie
User Image

Yeah it's just the shop eyes! They're the Vivid style. But I also have Stage Makeup item on for the super-edgy-hardcore extra eye definition/makeup.

Ah thanks! >W< I figured they might be coz there's almost no good green eye items (that arent wendy and impossibly expensive XD)

I'm so sad that ghost effect doesnt work anymore i wanted to try it out XD

Tipsy Grabber

9,550 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Person of Interest 200
Winter Hue

Sort of OT, but what's that chair leg mod called? I can't seem to remember.

Assimilated Survivor

ClefairyKid
JulieKablooie
ClefairyKid
JulieKablooie
User Image

Ah thanks! >W< I figured they might be coz there's almost no good green eye items (that arent wendy and impossibly expensive XD)

I'm so sad that ghost effect doesnt work anymore i wanted to try it out XD

Oh gosh I know I've given up on green eyes honestly hahaha. Yeah I thought it was a pretty nifty trick too! I've wanted to go back to it to try to make something way better, but alas. cry I kind of want to see if other headless items work, though.

Original Survivor

I always enjoyed finding about the naked avi glitches.. Haven't checked the old ones in awhile, wonder if they are fixed.

Wish I kept track of what they used.. sad

Admirer

25,800 Points
  • Grunnyland Dabbler 50
  • Grunnyland Collector 150
  • Grunnyland Expert 250
Certain handmods allow for the deletion of handhelds. This is useful for when certain handhelds have an additional pose, like Little Lucie's compact or Wisteria's ring. I use both. This particular handmod, Sweetheart Admirer, is one of those handmods.

You can also layer certain mods over each other. Parcel Post/Anesidora's Woe can be used with Rosamund's Redemption to create the illusion of four arms. Same can be used for their black counterparts.

Big Member

9,800 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Super Tipsy 200
Lei_Trigar
I always enjoyed finding about the naked avi glitches.. Haven't checked the old ones in awhile, wonder if they are fixed.

Wish I kept track of what they used.. sad
I know one that still works. Not sure if I should spill it, though.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff