Welcome to Gaia! ::

Magnetic Grabber

10,650 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Brandisher 100
Apologies for yet another inflation topic!
I haven't been to Gaia for a while and having just done so, I am horrified at the rampant inflation and the lack of regard by the admin.

I still log on out of nostalgia, since I started playing in 2003, it was a part of my teen years. And I have never, ever seen its economy in such a terrible state. This is hyperinflation at Zimbabwe levels. Yet, apparently, the admin keeps releasing Flynn's Booty or whatever it is. CIs are now at 700k! MCs at 1 million!

I'm glad I lost most of my interest in Gaia a few years back, or I would be really pissed. Right now, it doesn't even affect me and I don't even crave new items, unlike how I did last time. Do you still bother with Gaia's marketplace system, or have you given up?

Magical Cat

What exactly are Zimbabwe levels?

Giver

Lol, you had the same reaction that I had when I lurked around a couple days ago, after being MIA for probably 3 years or more.

The state of the marketplace and the amount of gold an item is worth is absolutely shocking. I was even more shocked to see a 'gaia cash shop' pack being sold for 35,000+ gaia cash tokens. Meaning it was going to cost over 300 dollars for that pack. I swear, the second you slap 'rare' in a title, people go stupid and crazy over it as if it's something valuable. But then again, I know there are some crazy collectors on here, who need the new stuff. And find pixels worth something. Glad I'm over that.

But I'm all for people doing whatever they want with their money because after all it is their money. But it is ridiculous. Just looking at the site anymore after being gone for so long and remembering what it use to be. This site has turned into a crazy money hungry site. I'm glad I never gave a penny :/

As for now. I come on and lurk the forums, maybe post here and there. But by no means am I eager to get the next monthly collectible. Or that cool item that only has a limited time before it's gone. I come on to fish for probably half an hour. Maybe play slots or blackjack for about the same time and then I'm back off for probably another week or longer. Sooner or later I'm sure I'll forget about this site. After all, I just lurk on it when I'm bored and have nothing better to do.

Enduring Shapeshifter

I was holding onto my 5 mil hoping it'd be worth something eventually...I can buy a REI. I might just do that. sweatdrop

Magnetic Grabber

10,650 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Brandisher 100
Pyres
I was holding onto my 5 mil hoping it'd be worth something eventually...I can buy a REI. I might just do that. sweatdrop

Me too. I came on to the site and found that the 3 mil I had for a while was now basically worth very little. Dang, should have bought all the items I wanted a while ago.

Kittinator

People can do what they want with their money. I mean, I don't care if someone maxes out their card for gaiaonline. It's, to me, a total waste of money, but it keeps the site running too. But gaia is looking at easy solutions to earning money whilst shooting itself in the foot. It's shortening its lifespan massively because this discourages newbies, it makes oldbies tired of the site.
Me and you, we will forget about this site (and me again, for the xth time)

Koohii Monsutaa

When 1.00 USD=361.900 ZWD and Zimbabwe's peak month of inflation is estimated at 6.5 sextillion percent in mid-November 2008 (all from wiki), that's hyperinflation.
I believe that the value of gaia gold has dropped to such a rate that I would call it Zimbabwe levels. It's also a joke, of course. wink

Yeata Zi's Bae

Dedicated Diedrich

26,600 Points
  • Diedrich Supporter 50
  • Party Member 100
  • Excitable Emoter 25
Koohii Monsutaa
What exactly are Zimbabwe levels?

Wikipedia is your friend.

Beloved Vampire

7,900 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Full closet 200
Pwzn

Same with me really. I just happened to start playing again a couple months before they spiraled out of control with their prices on GC and thus turning over the marketplace. I thought I money from it, but to what avail when everything is x20 more expensive on the MP...
Thanks for sharing information,your information are very helpful for me and increase my knowledge.

Zack Mcdol's Widow

Dedicated Dabbler

17,050 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100

I am sure this is not a dev-centric idea; this continual re-release of Flynn's. The amount it's released makes it seem like pure marketing department. And of course devs and admins go so far as the say FB is a good thing because they want to be employed.

Dangerous Genius

Talim-Hime

I am sure this is not a dev-centric idea; this continual re-release of Flynn's. The amount it's released makes it seem like pure marketing department. And of course devs and admins go so far as the say FB is a good thing because they want to be employed.
You need only look at the current CEO, Gaia doesn't have a marketing department per say. The current CEO however... Well Look at the thing that everyone knows him for... he's the Developer of the Facebook game Fluff Friends.

Tricky Glitch

except I wouldn't compare the inflation of virtual fake gold on an avatar-based forum site to the awful real life consequences of the economic crises of zimbabwe ...just sayin

Greedy Noob

lmao zimbabwe levels
I dont really bother with the marketplace anymore I guess. I still haven't sold all the crap I still have, but it's not like I am interested in any of the new items. I am satisfied with how my avi looks now annndd...idk emotion_omnomnom

Thirteenth Lightbringer

22,975 Points
  • That One Hero 500
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • The Key to Victory 50
Meanwhile, old Donation Items (bite me) have been neglected and some can even be purchased bellow the high price marks. Some of them are pretty good, others I got out of nostalgia.

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

15,300 Points
  • Heckler 50
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • 50 Wins 150
At least some items have massively deflated due to them being introduced via CS (Angelic Halo, Minis, etc.)

800 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Member 100
Dayum,I also haven't been here for a couple of years....

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff