Welcome to Gaia! ::

Princess Nerd

20,175 Points
  • Master Librarian 500
  • Storybook Royalty 500
  • Magical Girl 50
settlefish
Hi-Potion
That was actually a fair deal before Flynns Booty messed with the economy, because 50 dollars would only get you about 4.5 mil. Now you can get 6 mil for 10 dollars by selling Flynn's Chest.
$50 could get you 6mil, but it's true flynn booties/chest offer lots of gold at a steal
that's why there's been so much inflation

the point about the item rerelease in sales that we were talking about though is that there's rarely any low price sales, they're usually black friday prices i think
so it feels like they're inflating the item's worth just to be able to put them in sales
Dude. No. 50 could get you 4.5 mil, 5 mil tops xD;; Youd sell RIGs at 700k-1 mil, thats how money used to be made. (I know this, for the past 2 black friday sales I was the one who calculated all the info for people in the informational threads)

And black friday sale prices are/were still pretty good. What I dont understand is why release recolours, that didnt exist beforeand charge high prices for them. With re-releases, theyre trying to protect the current price of the item while still offering it as a deal to users, thats not the case with new items.

kayla wasabi's Husband

Friendly Friend

Hi-Potion
Dude. No. 50 could get you 4.5 mil, 5 mil tops xD;; Youd sell RIGs at 700k-1 mil, thats how money used to be made. (I know this, for the past 2 black friday sales I was the one who calculated all the info for people in the informational threads)

And black friday sale prices are/were still pretty good. What I dont understand is why release recolours, that didnt exist beforeand charge high prices for them. With re-releases, theyre trying to protect the current price of the item while still offering it as a deal to users, thats not the case with new items.
bruda you gotta know the trick
heh rigs, collectables, and evolving items won't get you as much cause they're so common (everybody buys those)
more people selling, more chances of undercutting etc
(i would buy monster packs from phing phang instead wink )
but tbh with the 2% market tax that 6m turns into 5.88m

i guess they'd feel like selling for less would make people ignore the original, lowering the value of it
or maybe they just see people always asking for recolors and money signs popped up in their eyes lol

Princess Nerd

20,175 Points
  • Master Librarian 500
  • Storybook Royalty 500
  • Magical Girl 50
settlefish
Hi-Potion

bruda you gotta know the trick
heh rigs, collectables, and evolving items won't get you as much cause they're so common (everybody buys those)
more people selling, more chances of undercutting etc
(i would buy monster packs from phing phang instead wink )
but tbh with the 2% market tax that 6m turns into 5.88m

i guess they'd feel like selling for less would make people ignore the original, lowering the value of it
or maybe they just see people always asking for recolors and money signs popped up in their eyes lol
There are obvious tricks, like timing and whatnot, but the real, true average is about 900k per 10 dollars (or was).
I had made some money off monster packs too, but I didnt like how long it took to sell them/the fish~

But the originals were popular for a reason~ and, more often than not, recolours still arent as good/the proper colour~
I don't think they care much for attracting new users when they're making an 18+ website to jump ship on.

The fact is that Gaia hasn't grown in years, so they're milking us now in case they lose the chance of milking us a year/months from now when more of us lose interest in Gaia.

They're taking a shot with trying to change this website from one where the only worthwhile option is cash instead of gold. Most of us were drawn to Gaia because of the gold options and now that that's changed it's either accept it or leave. emotion_awesome I wouldn't be surprised if they started to charge a P2P fee for new features.

Witty Girl

User Image

Gaia did it because all they care about it getting all of our money.

User Image

kayla wasabi's Husband

Friendly Friend

Hi-Potion
There are obvious tricks, like timing and whatnot, but the real, true average is about 900k per 10 dollars (or was).
I had made some money off monster packs too, but I didnt like how long it took to sell them/the fish~

But the originals were popular for a reason~ and, more often than not, recolours still arent as good/the proper colour~
not giving those packs enough credit man
the lowest they would ever sell for was 300k
300k for 250 gaia cash was the best deal back then (ar least i think so)
so $10 could get you a lil lower than 1.2m
patience is key to the mp wink

heh that may be, but people still pay for recolor price and as long as that goes on gaia will keep charging the same
once somebody pays a high price, they'll expect it to happen again next time
why go lower?

Kawaii Shounen

27,440 Points
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Lapin Patrol Mimosa: Victory! 50
  • Magical Girl 50
Deletris
Yukitsu
Deletris
settlefish
Yukitsu
you mean 50$ for an item that was selling on the marketplace previously for 8 mil for the longest time according to the graphs?????? that's totally a fair amount to charge for it, right?
exactly
what a deal lol

I don't think people actually buy them. (Most people anyways, we'll always have some less than bright people)

It does seem to cause people who already owned them prior to the sale, to start listing them and lowering the mp average for a short while.

uhhhh.. well. it definitely did SOMETHING considering workshop flora was selling for 8-9 mil and now people are SELLING them on the market for 20 mil. sooooooo clearly. someone is buying them and jacking up the prices.

I'm a little confused how this relates to my post c;
The price went up because of inflation, that's true. (And those stupid hoarders ;c)

The average price for workshop Flora is 11M, and lbp can't really be taken into consideration.
(Seeing that almost all the high tier items on my wantlist has almost no listings, or ridiculous prices of 17M+, ie. Little sister)

_____

What I was saying is that sales usually bring down the price of an item, even if it isn't a deal.
Mostly because people who already own them and might panic and sell them. Even if the price doesn't go down, you'll see quite a few at mp average or a little less.

Edit: I apologize for any spelling and grammatical errors. Today, is not my day.
(//didn't have enough sleep 8D..)

I don't think it was completely to do with inflation. I was following that item for over a month now... and even after the flynn's booty re-release it only went up to about 10-11 mil. it wasn't until it was in the cash shop for 50$ did the prices start to get jacked up to over 20 mil. Now it's slowly starting to come back down, slightly, but even still it's up for 17 mil... which is significantly higher than how it was averagely being priced. Even if people aren't perhaps BUYING it from the cash shop, gaia selling it for 50 dollars is giving the illusion that the item is worth more money than it was selling for on average which is causing sellers to try to raise their prices.

Right after it was released for 50$ all of the lower priced ones went missing from the mp, so either someone bought them to try to snatch up the cheap ones quickly, or someone was trying to cause more artificial inflation on top of actual inflation.

Angelic Champion

I feel a little naive for saying this, but I was under the impression that the Flynn's Booty was re-released because of the upcoming gold sink. I mean, there's going to be tons of people that want to enter the 10mil and 100mil lotteries but if they don't have the means to, they'll complain. Gaia probably thought they'd n** that in the bud and release the booty so people could be prepared for it.

EDIT: Ah! My apologies, I thought it said re-released in the thread title. I just woke up so my reading comprehension apparently isn't top notch right now.

Tipsy Cat

9,225 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/gaia-community-discussion/we-re-all-being-played-for-fools/t.88168617_recent/

Enduring Shapeshifter

It's obvious that.. Gaia's just doing it cause Gaia wants money, as Hi-Potion said $10 in GC used to convert to 1 mil, sometimes 1.5 mil.

The exception to this was Black Friday sales.

Now though... ugh, the gold I have on hand is apparently pocket change, my entire account has inflated(Yet deflated in RL value.) Questing is impossible and You can get 6-8 mil for 1000 Gcash which is downright ridiculous.

Thanks to Gaia's greed the value of GC has become x6 of what it was formerly, that's 600% and is downright ridiculous.

We know why they're doing it though, they're purposely creating inflation so they can have these little sales that look like bargains, although if you look at the new conversion you're being ripped off. rolleyes

Boy, I bet 03s will be the theme for Black Friday.. so many suckers throwing hundreds at Gaia, we already know they'll sell.

Eloquent Pyromaniac

33,800 Points
  • Firestarter 200
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Elocutionist 200
Yukitsu

I don't think it was completely to do with inflation. I was following that item for over a month now... and even after the flynn's booty re-release it only went up to about 10-11 mil. it wasn't until it was in the cash shop for 50$ did the prices start to get jacked up to over 20 mil. Now it's slowly starting to come back down, slightly, but even still it's up for 17 mil... which is significantly higher than how it was averagely being priced. Even if people aren't perhaps BUYING it from the cash shop, gaia selling it for 50 dollars is giving the illusion that the item is worth more money than it was selling for on average which is causing sellers to try to raise their prices.

Right after it was released for 50$ all of the lower priced ones went missing from the mp, so either someone bought them to try to snatch up the cheap ones quickly, or someone was trying to cause more artificial inflation on top of actual inflation.

You mean the initial spark for the item?
I believe that has to do with the panda rei ^^;;

(When it went from 4M to something ridiculously high. I think 8M possibly?)

At the same time popular, brown items jumped in price~ (Dofu Hua or whatever also did)
Of course a lot of items inflated prior to Flynn, but the damage wasn't as great.

I've been following Flora for the past few weeks. The price was on a high, came down a bit, but settled again around 8-9Mill.

I'm pretty sure it jumped to 10-11M or whatever it is now, because of Flynn. Seeing that all the other popular items are following the same trend. Whether or not they've been released in a sale, recently.

____

Also, I'm well aware all the cheap and near decent priced ones were also bought up~
But, again I think it has more to do with Flynn's chest, and hoarders, rather than the sale.

7M for $10, is a lot, and that's if you just sell the chest. If you opened it, chances are you might have gotten more.

Barton Gaian

16,600 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Expert Skill 150
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
It was released because it made money.
It was re-released because it made so much money.

It is likely being released this time in part because it makes so much money, as so that people can dump cash into Flynn's Chest to pay for the event gold sinks. Kind of defeating the purpose of the gold sink to begin with, really. sweatdrop

16,300 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Pieversity 200
They didn't want inflation. But they don't give a hoot if inflation happens.

They said that they didn't think there would be inflation. And if there were any, then it would be short-term.

It's pretty clear they were blowing smoke. They hoped they could raise a bunch of money and don't destroy the gold market. But if they have to destroy the gold market, they will.

Like I said elsewhere, it's a slow ratchet of desperation. They're getting a little short-term rush out of this, but the hit is going to need to get bigger and bigger each time. People will stop paying the current price for Flynn's Booty, and so Gaia will either need to lower the price or raise the gold payout for them. Then the cycle will continue.

I didn't know the Z in ZOMG stood for Zimbabwe.

Friendly Friend

13,925 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Flatterer 200
Simple awnser

People keep buying it.

Until people stop buying it, there is not reason for them to stop selling it. Even if it upsets all the older users.

newbs who have a lot of real money > oldbies who dont.

Time-traveling Senshi

It was released in the first place because they saw how much of a response they got from that Bonus Box for new Cash buyers deal. They're trying to entice people who never before purchased any Cash to do so. That's what this whole year has been about. We, as users, complained about the ads on the site so they're looking to us, the users, to fund things but not everyone buys Cash so they had to do something to get people hooked on it. Thus, we got Flynn's Booty. And when they saw how well that went then they released it again several times.

We have nothing to blame except our own greed for buying into this.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff