Welcome to Gaia! ::

Vampiric Seraph

60,975 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Seasoned Warrior 250
  • Full Selection 200
No, I don't understand why they release Flynn's Booty. Have they (gaia staff, devs...) played their own site and try how much time it takes to earn gold by playing zomg, booty grab/whatever to earn even the smallest amout, 50k, that flynn's booty gives?
Well gaia, it takes too long now. The economy is ruined. How are you going to attract NEW users? If the prices on items are so high in the MP that they can never buy them with gold by playing games... do you think the new users will simply be satisfied with gold shop items? That's not how it goes in reality, when everyone else is wearing some fancy CS items. NEW user will not be bothered to buy gaia cash then, if you weren't able to catch their attention in the first place, if they couldn't play with the MP any, if all they see are cash sales after cash sales with less updates to games, comics and events... they'll find another site.

Shameless Bibliophile

16,450 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Tycoon 200
They released FB because they saw an opportunity to make a LOT of money. And they've rereleased it multiple times because, well...people keep spending a lot of money to get them. The profit window is huge for them.

I'm guessing the opinion of "The cash cow you have is better than the one you don't" is what's going on. Pretty sure FB is around to stay forever, at this rate, and the "$5 for 25 FB" is going to target a different bunch of people every few weeks, if not outright increase the number they get for $5.

Because money. And because people aren't going to stop buying for the foreseeable future.

puddix3's Husband

Combative Soldier

12,000 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Battle: Counterstrike 150
  • Brandisher 100
They won't attract new users, they are greedy assholes. nuff said.
Nice wings by the way

Eloquent Pyromaniac

33,800 Points
  • Firestarter 200
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Elocutionist 200

I imagine gaia wanted inflation. If everything rose, people would have to spend to get what they want. It would be much harder to earn and spend, since 100k from booty grab or 50k from zomg isn't really going to help.

A friend of mine wanted to join, and she got 150k in gold and items as donations.
(For being a new member to the site, from other members.)

You know inflation is pretty bad when that happens ouo;;
I don't think she wants to play any more, since everything is way too expensive 8D..

Gaia is really scaring off new members.

kayla wasabi's Husband

Friendly Friend

Deletris

I imagine gaia wanted inflation. If everything rose, people would have to spend to get what they want. It would be much harder to earn and spend, since 100k from booty grab or 50k from zomg isn't really going to help.
don't forget
with items so inflated they can justify rereleasing items in sales at "bargain" prices

Kawaii Shounen

27,440 Points
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Lapin Patrol Mimosa: Victory! 50
  • Magical Girl 50
settlefish
Deletris

don't forget
with items so inflated they can justify rereleasing items in sales at "bargain" prices

you mean 50$ for an item that was selling on the marketplace previously for 8 mil for the longest time according to the graphs?????? that's totally a fair amount to charge for it, right?

kayla wasabi's Husband

Friendly Friend

Yukitsu
you mean 50$ for an item that was selling on the marketplace previously for 8 mil for the longest time according to the graphs?????? that's totally a fair amount to charge for it, right?
exactly
what a deal lol

Eloquent Pyromaniac

33,800 Points
  • Firestarter 200
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Elocutionist 200
settlefish
Yukitsu
exactly
what a deal lol

I don't think people actually buy them. (Most people anyways, we'll always have some less than bright people)

It does seem to cause people who already owned them prior to the sale, to start listing them and lowering the mp average for a short while.

Princess Nerd

20,175 Points
  • Master Librarian 500
  • Storybook Royalty 500
  • Magical Girl 50
settlefish
Yukitsu
exactly
what a deal lol
That was actually a fair deal before Flynns Booty messed with the economy, because 50 dollars would only get you about 4.5 mil. Now you can get 6 mil for 10 dollars by selling Flynn's Chest.

Kawaii Shounen

27,440 Points
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Lapin Patrol Mimosa: Victory! 50
  • Magical Girl 50
Deletris
settlefish
Yukitsu
exactly
what a deal lol

I don't think people actually buy them. (Most people anyways, we'll always have some less than bright people)

It does seem to cause people who already owned them prior to the sale, to start listing them and lowering the mp average for a short while.

uhhhh.. well. it definitely did SOMETHING considering workshop flora was selling for 8-9 mil and now people are SELLING them on the market for 20 mil. sooooooo clearly. someone is buying them and jacking up the prices.

kayla wasabi's Husband

Friendly Friend

Deletris

there's the problem
people buying them at all
gaia would probably stop selling at crazy prices or rereleasing the flynn booties if people stopped buying them
but i don't see that happening anytime soon

Receiver

Hi-Potion
settlefish
Yukitsu
exactly
what a deal lol
That was actually a fair deal before Flynns Booty messed with the economy, because 50 dollars would only get you about 4.5 mil. Now you can get 6 mil for 10 dollars by selling Flynn's Chest.
User Image

a $50 flynn chest bundle is going for about 40mil in the MP

Princess Nerd

20,175 Points
  • Master Librarian 500
  • Storybook Royalty 500
  • Magical Girl 50
Pnyuu
Hi-Potion
settlefish
Yukitsu
exactly
what a deal lol
User Image

a $50 flynn chest bundle is going for about 40mil in the MP
Yeah, that wasnt the case before.

Eloquent Pyromaniac

33,800 Points
  • Firestarter 200
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Elocutionist 200
Yukitsu
Deletris
settlefish
Yukitsu
exactly
what a deal lol

uhhhh.. well. it definitely did SOMETHING considering workshop flora was selling for 8-9 mil and now people are SELLING them on the market for 20 mil. sooooooo clearly. someone is buying them and jacking up the prices.

I'm a little confused how this relates to my post c;
The price went up because of inflation, that's true. (And those stupid hoarders ;c)

The average price for workshop Flora is 11M, and lbp can't really be taken into consideration.
(Seeing that almost all the high tier items on my wantlist has almost no listings, or ridiculous prices of 17M+, ie. Little sister)

_____

What I was saying is that sales usually bring down the price of an item, even if it isn't a deal.
Mostly because people who already own them and might panic and sell them. Even if the price doesn't go down, you'll see quite a few at mp average or a little less.

Edit: I apologize for any spelling and grammatical errors. Today, is not my day.
(//didn't have enough sleep 8D..)

kayla wasabi's Husband

Friendly Friend

Hi-Potion
$50 could get you 6mil, but it's true flynn booties/chest offer lots of gold at a steal
that's why there's been so much inflation

the point about the item rerelease in sales that we were talking about though is that there's rarely any low price sales, they're usually black friday prices i think
so it feels like they're inflating the item's worth just to be able to put them in sales

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff